When you didn't say I love you back

CTTO: your-girl-mj

Summary: Mirabel's reaction when you didn't say I love you back.

Warning:

— Camilo and Carlos had this amazing idea in their head and want see how long it will last, and knowing their cousin: MIRABEL had a significant other that's willing to play along.

"Mira! Remember when [name] suddenly scared you, and you ruin your skirt?" Camilo smirk to himself, approaching his cousin who's helping the townspeople with their chores.

"Yea, why?" The glass-eyed responded, she really doesn't mind it, she knows it's an incident.

"Nothing really, I just had an idea of a perfect prank for your oh-dear-lover," Mirabel can see the mischief in his eyes, and can't help but became curious.

Your pranks to her aren't a big deal, if she look back at it— it looks kinda funny. But finally getting back at you, she's so down. "I'm in!"

~~

You were minding your business cooking meals for your family, when Carlos shows up outside the window near your cooking station. "Yo."

"Hola, Carlos. What brings you here?" You greeted, focusing on the food in front of you.

" just wanting to know, do you remember when Mira ate all your favorite food and said it was an incident?" The troublemaker knows that he will get into a lot of trouble, but still think the drama will be worth it.

"Mhm, what about it?" It clear as day it was an incident, you out to the bathroom and suddenly your food is also missing. Mirabel admit she ate it, claimed it's not her intention, and proceeded to cook another one for you. You didn't mind that she ate it, but the girl still insist to cook since she felt bad, and you let her be.

"That wasn't an incident, she it on purpose and had a bet with me that you'll believe her if she pretend to be guilty." He saw your movement halt for a second before continuing your work, the boy wondered why you have an amused expression.

You didn't believe him, just shock how he can came up with a lie like that, you know your mirabel and she wouldn't do anything anything to make you look bad. "Okay? So?"

" 'So?' Aren't you feeling a little bit betrayed that she make a fool out of you?" The heterochromia pushed, getting a little frustrated when his words didn't have an affect on you.

"Not really, she's still my Mirabel."

Carlos think of another idea to make you do the prank he's planning with his brother, when it finally entered his mind, he quickly proposed. "Wanna play triple dog dare?"

"Why so sudden?" Beaming when your food is done.

"You asked a lot of questions," he paused. " I triple dog dare you to not say I love you to Mirabel until she says it."

Your suspicious gaze fell on him, but payed no mind at all. Noticing that you're hesitant to do it, he did his old thing. "You do realize, that she only say it back after you did it first, right?"

He's not trying to ruin your relationship, he just wants to remind you guys that even if things got out of hand, you can fix it together and no one will get in your way.

Carlos noticed that you didn't utter anything after that, which made him a bit concerned but didn't show it. "I'll do it." You replied.

it's been a week, it felt like the words "I love you" didn't exist. Mirabel accept the prank so she can finally get back to all the pranks you did to her, she didn't think you wouldn't say it at all. You always remember, you always say it. Did she say something wrong? Did something that will make you mad?

You on the other hand, is rethinking Carlos' words. So it is true, she won't say it, until you do. It's been a week, yet those words never come out of her mouth.

"Can we talk?"

"I want to talk to you."

You both said at the same time, both of your words gave the other a mini heart attack, is this it? Is this going to end here?

"Camilo-"

"Carlos-"

once again, your words are in sync. You, being the bigger person, you let her speak first. The girl fidget with her fingers before muttering, "camilo had this plan about pranking you, and I thought it will be easy since you always said it, almost everyday, and i didn't think you wouldn't said it at all!" She played it cool, and fall into your arms, embracing you, knowing that you will catch her no matter what.

You laugh at her words, finally clicking what the twins did. "Wanna know a secret?"

"Shoot!" She replied, and immediately stood up straight after you told her what happen with you and carlos, and what you assumed the two did. "Those little—! CAMILO, CARLOS!!"

Let's just say they're both injured at the end of the day.