𝔇𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 (𝔏𝔢𝔳𝔦 𝔵...

By livelaughlovelevi

⋆⭒˚。⋆ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚝'𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘�... More

I - Harm And Question
II - Solidity And Obscurity
III - A Companions Restraint
IV - A Rogue Like He
V - Hands For Chains
VI - Good Company
VII - Blank Pages
VIII - Race Against The Rogue
IX - Don't Fear My Touch
X - The Hours Of Dawn
XI - Upon The Surface
XII - Family Banter
XIII - Peculiar Brunette
XIV - Failed Persuasions
XV - Three Souls
XVI - No Regrets
XVII - Breaking Through
XVIII - Wavering Guilt
XIX - Under The Cherry Blossom
XX - Idiotic Brother
XXI - It's Not The Same
XXII - Don't Die
XXIII - Rude Awakenings
XXIV - Unknown Rivalry
XXV - Stay Safe... Please
XXVI - We Miss You
XXVII - The Fall
XXVIII - Run. He's Coming For You
XXIX - Expect The Unexpected
XXX - Content, But Not Quite Happy
XXXII - Unbalanced
XXXIII - What's The Situation Here, Brats?
XXXIV - Reunited At Last
Authors Note and Character Stats
XXXV - Discipline Through Pain
XXXVI - Brat
XXXVII - River of Koi
XXXVIII - Second In Command
XXXIX - Things Change
XL - Again
XLI - Scissors And A Razor
XLII - Memory Graves
XLIII - Rooftop Murmurs
XLIV - Taverns, Wield and Flower Fields
XLV - Bound
XLVI - Bedridden
XLVII - Crazy Admirer
XLVIII - Guilt
XLIX - In The Rain
L - Promise
LI - Havoc
LII - His Heart
LIII - To Change A Concrete Mind
LIV - The Book Of Nothing
LV - Valkyrie Of War
LVI - The Toxicity Of Optimism
LVII - Eyes In The Shadows
LVIII - Calm Before The Storm
LVIX - In Time, Before Sunset
LX - What The Sun Sees
LXI - The Friends And The Foes
LXII - A Perspective Of Distrust
LXIII - Lurking Within Our Dreams
LXIV - Winter Wishes
LXV - When The Night Calls
LXVI - A Weeping Clouds Purpose
LXVII - As Realisation Sinks In
LXVIII - Beauty Of A White Night
LXIX - Request
LXX - A Brothers Plea
LXXI - Before The Hunt Begins
LXXII - A Flawed Crime
LXXIII - Sea Of Stars
LXXIV - An Order Of Silence
LXXV - A Living Myth
LXXVI - Strength And Weakness
LXXVII - An Affair Of Negotiation
LXXVIII - A Method Of Obtention
LXXIX - Guise Of Repulse
LXXX - The Blood Of Those Who Pursue Us
LXXXI - Thread And Tension
LXXXII - When Dependant On Trust
LXXXIII - Accusations Of Insanity
LXXXIV - Clandestine
LXXXV - In The Raven's Mind
LXXXVI - How One Approaches
LXXXVII - What We Sought
LXXXVIII - With My Everything
LXXXIX - Reading Him
XC - Warm Lights
XCI - Crystals And Bets
XCII - Words Of Honour
XCIII - What's Said At Midnight
XCIV - What He Wants
XCV - What He Needs
XCVI - The Cunning Brown Fox
XCVII - Blood Of Consequence
XCVIII - On Her Behalf
XCIX - The Ghost Of Sina
C - Times Like These
CI - Bittersweet Truths
CII - Fire And Blood
CIII - God Of Destruction
CIV - An Eye For A Life
CV - Midnight Sun
CVI - The Innocence Of A Man
CVII - When Words Matter
CVIII - Three Strikes
CIX - My Own Blood
CX - Subjects Of Ymir

XXXI - Fist Of White

2.3K 83 51
By livelaughlovelevi

Phase one of getting back into the scouts, check.

***

"The basics of titan anatomy is how to kill them or at least immobilize them." I begin the lesson, walking into the classroom and looking over the students who sat in front of me. "As most of you know, the only way known to kill a titan is to complete remove its nape using the flesh-piercing blades provided for you."

As I spoke, the students eyes were glued on me, and I knew I had everyone's attention.

"As some of you may know, my name is Y/N L/N of the Garrison regiment, a former soldier of the Scouting Legion and now one of your temporary teachers in academics and physical health. I see a few familiar faces in here. Eren, Armin and Mikasa, I see you in the back there. Jean? I'm sure I met you last year when you fell over." As I made him relive his memories, he groaned and the room erupted in subtle giggles.

"Some of you other people may know me from the Scouts, some may say as the quiet one, others, the strong one. But as of now, I'm merely just your teacher. Before we get started on todays lesson, do any of you have any questions?" Everyone looked around the room, seeking anyone who did have questions to ask. But no one did, so with a smile I turn to the blackboard and pick up a chalk.

"If you have questions during the class, feel free to ask. Otherwise I'm free for five minutes after this lesson." I glide the chalk across the blackboard, solely focused on the hasty titan diagram I had pictured in my head. "Firstly, who knows the measurements for the nape that needs to be removed from a titan?" I ask after doing my rough drawing of the titan. Armin's arm immediately shot up.

"One meter high, ten centimeters across." He answers confidently.

"Correct." I turn back to the board, circling the neck of the diagram. "Two swords is a necessity to kill a titan, using them both to simultaneously cut deep enough into the nape is enough to destroy the titan altogether. The other weak point is their heels. Achilles heel, to be specific, which is right over-" I circle just behind the ankle. "-here. Cutting these parts don't kill the titan, but it is enough to immobilize it enough to get a better shot at the nape and a better chance at living.

Because the titan can't move after removing it's heel, it doesn't necessarily mean you're in the clear. They still have full control over their arms and can reach around to grab you. Keep in mind, titans also have regeneration so they can grow back their limbs before you even nick their neck." I point to the eyes.

"The eyes are always a good thing to aim for, that's if you can get close enough without losing a limb or two. But it really varies, especially abnormals. Some rely on sight, others hearing. That's where good observational and analytical skills come into play, and why using them is a crucial part that will nearly guarantee your survival. Reflexes, communication and ODM combat are the three key points to coming back to the walls with your life still in you."

"Y/N?" Armin asked raising his hand. "How did we know to remove the nape in the first place?"

"That is an excellent question." I smile. "But unfortunately, that's not a question I can answer because I myself do not know. It's actually a mystery how we supposedly just found out how to defeat a titan." I state. "Well to me it is at least."

"Y/N, why do titans eat people?" A girl with brown hair in a high ponytail asked.

"Also an excellent question. I have a friend in the Survey Corps who researches titan anatomy, I do recall her saying that eating people isn't actually a necessity for survival. In fact, they don't have digestive systems or even reproductive systems so why they eat people and how they multiply is still one of the biggest mysteries in the walls." I notice multiple faces distort into grimaces at the mention of reproductive systems and I let out an amused huff.

As the lesson went on, many questions were asked, some very valid and others just stupid. And when the lesson ended, many students left the room looking pretty satisfied with their newfound knowledge on humanity's biggest threat. As I had said before starting the lesson completely, I stayed back in the room for an extra five minutes in case anyone had needed me for anything.

"You never told us how much you knew." Eren said as he waited behind with Armin and Mikasa. I raise an eyebrow at him, a slightly irritated smile on my face.

"She has, Eren. She has multiple times." Mikasa deadpanned. He looked at her in realization, mouthing a silent 'oh' as he glared at the floor. I chuckled.

"I did tell you a lot about the titans, I was helping you study for future reference." I remind. "Funny thing is it was your idea."

"My memory hasn't been the same since the Fall." Eren says rubbing his eyes.

"Come to think of it, you're right." Armin pipes up. "There's been a few incidents where you've forgotten even the most basic things. It's getting better though I think."

"Really? What if I suddenly forget how to kill a titan midair?" Eren asks thoughtfully. I laugh as I walk out of the room, the trio following after me through the corridors of the small building provided for the new trainees.

"I doubt that'll happen." I reply.

"If it does I'll protect you." Mikasa says seriously.

"But rest assured, you won't forget a crucial detail in a life as disastrous as ours." Armin says with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Scram you little rats." I laugh dismissing them and watching them walk ahead, waving at me before disappearing for lunch.

I walked out of the building, just catching the rest of the cadets walking into their dining area before heading to the stables. Academics was my only class today so I was free to go back to Headquarters. Considering I'm not the biggest children fan, being surrounded by a bunch of twelve to fourteen year olds isn't all too bad.

"L/N." I hear an unnecessarily angry toned voice sound from behind me. I turn to face Shadis, who stood with authority in front of me. His hands held behind his back and his posture tall and confident.

"Commander. How can I help you? Did I do something wrong?" I ask, giving a brief salute.

"No, not at all. I came to tell you your knowledge on titan anatomy well exceeds my expectations. Tomorrow I will have you on hand to hand combat training. I know you use a stance that's different from military standards but can I ask you use the military stance?" He asks, his voice at its most sincere harshness I've ever heard.

"Not a problem. See you tomorrow, Commander." I say saluting quickly and walking away to the stables where I had kept Sin housed.

***

"How was your first class?" Raquel asked, her, Ida, Jay, Hayden and Felix sat around the table looking at me, waiting patiently for me to utter an answer.

"Like every other class?" I reply reluctantly, suddenly feeling very small to all the looming figures that surrounded me. Prying eyes searching my face for anything that revealed the excitement I hadn't mentioned.

"That it?" Jay asked suddenly breaking the silence, Hayden rewarding him with a brisk slap across the back of his head.

"Yeah, well it's just like we learnt in the training corps all those years ago. It's not that interesting." I say shrinking back in my seat.

"I figured it'd be interesting with the trio in there. Eren is a ball of chaos, isn't he?" Felix asked.

"Fortunately he's actually wanting to learnt about titan anatomy and to be honest, I'm thankful. A few of them do seem a little... we'll say unique." I say with a small chuckle.

"Let me guess, stupid questions? And not just stupid questions, questions that don't make any sense at all?" Ida piped up.

"Ugh, don't remind me. I had to come up with some stupid answer to please his innocent twelve year old brain." I groan. "He is supposedly bald but keeps getting antsy because a lot of the students don't believe him. His name's Connie, if I recall." I lean my head on the back of the chair, gazing up aimlessly at the ceiling.

"No way, from Ragako?" Ida asks.

"Mhm." I hum in confirmation, not wanting to open my mouth.

"I've met him a couple times before. He can be a bit ditzy but he's a good kid." She says.

"Hmph, small world." I mumble. "Well I'm going to bed. I have combat tomorrow." I say, leaning forward and standing up.

"Have you had something to eat, sis?" Felix asks. I nod as I stretch.

"Yeah I ate when you were on your way back from patrol." I say before walking away, waving with my back turned to the table. "Have a good night guys. Try not to kill each other."

"Good night Y/N." They all call back in sync, only to fall into a playfully vicious silence before arguing with each other over who said it first. I roll my eyes with a content smile on my face before heading back to mine and Rico's room, hoping she won't wake easily when I walk in.

***

Shadis was monitoring the combat training I was to be holding in the yard. As I walked towards the crowd of conversing pupils a folder in hand, Shadis turns to make a comment.

"I want you to fight them." He deadpans, his eyes as emotionless as is his voice. I furrow my eyebrows in shock.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"Exactly what I said." He replies, absolutely adamant on what he had just told me.

"I don't think that's a good idea, sir. You're making me fight against students new to the military, not only that, you're making them fight someone nearly twice their age, lord knows how many times their strength and with nearly a decade of experience on top of theirs?" I say, not wanting to do this.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." He says again.

"I can't do that, Commander. I'll hurt them." I say refusing to do it.

"That's an order, cadet." He sneers.

"I refuse. I won't be making such reckless actions all for a shitty demonstration you want me to perform." I seethe back, gathering few of the students attentions as they turn their bodies towards us. Shadis just stared at me.

"If you're that desperate for me to fight them, you can wait until the disbanding ceremony. That way they'll have more experience and know what they're up against. They haven't even scraped the surface of what I'm capable of." I say.

"The disbanding ceremony isn't for another three years, L/N." He reminded.

"I'm well aware. Patience is virtue, Commander. If I'm feeling like it, I'll fight the winner for the exercise I'm about to hold." I say not sparing him another glance as I made my way towards the swarm of fresh meat.

"Combat training today, guys. For this one time, I'll make an exception and have you choose your own partner. But please do keep in mind that we aren't doing this to hurt each other intentionally, I'd prefer if you chose to partner with someone who is around your own strength." I made the last bit a little louder to prove a point to Shadis who stood still in his position, not having moved in any shape or form since I'd left him before.

The pairs seemed pretty fair. Eren and Jean, Armin and Connie, Mikasa and Reiner, Annie and Ymir, Sasha and Krista, Bertholdt and Floch and so on.

"Now you all know the stances. I want you to get into position and I will come around and correct your flaws." As I say that, everyone gets into their positions, some flaws immediately exposing themselves in the daylight.

As I corrected them all, I take a step back and allow them to proceed with their fights. I walk around the perimeter, the air filled with grunts and dust. As students came by me to watch the rest of the remaining fighters, we stood and watched in awe as Mikasa put Reiner on his ass with a loud thud. He groaned in pain, looking up at her who looked down blankly at him. I gave her a smile, I wouldn't expect anything less.

The students at my side fell silent, noticing the tension that was so thick when Mikasa made her way to my side. Who wouldn't be silent? She just put down a guy twice her size. Reiner continued to lay on the ground, staring hopelessly into the sky, watching as clouds glided effortlessly across the giant pool of blue above. As the last students finished their fights, I step out to face them all again.

"The winners are going to be facing each other. The losers can stand by and observe, watching out for any lack of defense any opponent has. I'll make up your duos." I say as the losers dispersed from the winners.

"Eren and Bertholdt. Connie and Sasha." I look around at the rest of the winners, pairing them up before I was left with two. "Mikasa and Annie. Get ready, have a quick breather before we begin." As they took a moment, I open the folder I had in hand and skim over the the files I had on each pupil that stood in front of me. Flicking through the pages, I find the pages that had the stats of the winners.

Eren Jaeger
Age: 12
Hometown: Shiganshina District, Wall Maria
Status: Alive
Occupation: Cadet Corps

Mikasa Ackerman
Age: 12
Hometown: Shiganshina District, Wall Maria
Status: Alive
Occupation: Cadet Corps

Sasha Braus
Age: 12
Hometown: Dauper Village, Wall Rose
Status: Alive
Occupation: Cadet Corps

Connie Springer
Age: 12
Hometown: Ragako Village, Wall Rose
Status: Alive
Occupation: Cadet Corps

Annie Leonhardt
Age: 13
Hometown: Unknown, Southeast Wall Maria
Status: Alive
Occupation: Cadet Corps

Bertholdt Hoover
Age: 13
Hometown: Unknown, Southeast Wall Maria
Status: Alive
Occupation: Cadet Corps

Under each persons description was a blank space to record data on their strengths, weaknesses, cooperation, personalities and so on. So naturally, I split each title up into categories, dividing them into ODM, hand to hand, academics and so on.

The fights went on, Eren and Bertholdt still going strong two minutes into the fight.

"Oi! You two." I deadpan loudly when I encounter Connie and Sasha. I caught them giggling to themselves in a small huddle of two people before they froze at the sound of my voice.

"Yes, ma'am, sir, commander, miss. How can we be of service?" Connie blurts out in shock.

"I'd suggest you get up and actually do some sparring at least." I say, raising an eyebrow with my weight shifted in one leg and my hands resting on my hips. They scramble to stand upright, dramatically getting into their stances with exasperated breaths and screwed up faces of concentration. I look at them confused before shrugging and walking away.

Fights died down and soon we were down to one duo.

Annie and Mikasa. Mikasa's dark eyes fixed on Annie's blue ones, a sense of hostility evident in their surrounding auras. Their hands up guarding their faces, I watch as Annie falls into a different stance, one I'm completely unfamiliar with despite it somewhat being similar to my own. I raise my eyebrows in anticipation, eager to see the coming events unfold before me.

The thing about these two is I know one of them very well and the other I'm completely oblivious. Mikasa's physical strength is overwhelming and dare I say inhuman, especially for a twelve year old. I've seen her take on three bullies all at once, she now holds a reputation to be feared by most people her age.

Annie, however, I'm not completely certain on. I've heard rumors that her hand to hand combat is impeccable, her strength supposedly near Mikasa's, so this will be a showdown if I ever see one.

Mikasa launched first, swiftly dodging Annie's kick that was intended for her head, thinking fast before leaping out the way and spinning for another powerful punch towards Mikasa's chest. She just caught Annie's fist, twisting it around and flipping her over and landing on the ground with a thud. Mikasa looked down at her with a dead expression, as though she were her arch nemesis. Before I knew it, Mikasa collapsed onto her knees, pinning Annie's arms down leaving her glaring at the raven as she struggled to maintain her breathing.

Mikasa lifted a hand, balling it into a fist so tight her hand was pure white. Before she was able to make contact with Annie's face, I made my way to her side and held her wrist, preventing her from hurting Annie any further.

"That's enough. Mikasa won." I announce. Though it was a quick round, they both have very good potential. I think if I got enough training time with both of them, I'd be able to pick out their weaknesses and strengths in a matter of a couple hours. "Mikasa, may I have a word please?" I ask subtly as I help her off Annie. She looked up at me with a secret sense of apology, giving a nod before allowing me to lead her away.

"What was that back there?" I ask, crouching down to her level to give her a sense of equality.

"I don't know, Y/N. I just don't like her, I'm sorry." She says. I rest my hands on her shoulders, ducking my head down slightly to gather her attention that was stuck on the ground.

"Hey, it's okay. You can learn from your mistakes, now you know not to do it again. Okay?" I say gently, resulting in a small but confident nod from her. Standing up, I dismiss her and watch as she walks away before I spot Annie in my peripheral vision. "Annie, come here please." She turned her head towards me, her chest heaving up and down in a heavy sigh.

"Are you okay? That fall back there looked like it hurt." I say dusting off her back.

"I'm fine." She replies blankly. I raise an eyebrow at her attitude.

"Are you really now? Why are you breathing so heavily then?" I ask, voicing my observations as her breathing ceased to calm down.

"I said I'm fine." She deadpanned.

"I know you got winded from that fall. Go get a drink, take a breather. It's time for you guys to rehydrate anyway." She hesitantly nodded, clutching at her chest lightly as a breathy cough left her lips.

Many fine cadets. Two of them with rivaling power. How exciting.

***

We're back in the scouts soon, do not fret.

But HELLO MY LOVELY READERS!!

I hope you enjoyed! I also hope you commented 👹

Aishiteru!

jazz<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 73 7
𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎? 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍... 𝙱𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚎... 𝙰𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚝...
179K 4K 25
𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙨𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙮, 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙨? 𝙃𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙨𝙤 �...
335K 8.5K 140
ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs, ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪɴ ʙʏ Kᴇɴɴʏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ʜᴀᴅ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, ᴛ...
36.7K 932 27
"𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙, 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑒" ❁↝ᴵⁿ ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ʸ/ⁿ ᶠᵃˡˡˢ ᶠᵒʳ ʰᵉʳ ᵗᵃˡˡ, ᵇˡᵒⁿᵈᵉ, ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ˢᵉⁿᶦᵒʳ ᵗ...