Being Lucky Can Be A Curse (J...

By KitMiki

When humans were on the verge of extinction because of the zombie apocalypse that they created years ago, God... More

Chapter 1 - I Fell Asleep
Chapter 2 - Supernatural Investigation Department
Chapter 3 - Survey
Chapter 4 - First Case : Phantom Thief
Chapter 5 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 2
Chapter 6 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 3
Chapter 7 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 4
Chapter 8 - First Case : Phantom Thief Pt. 5
Chapter 9 - Your Name is Cabbage
Chapter 10 - Payback
Chapter 11 - New Rivalry?
Chapter 12 - You're Amusing, Zhao Zi
Chapter 13 - Missing Grandson
Chapter 14 - Black Blood
Chapter 15 - The Curious Case of Axel Auriant

Chapter 16 - Jack's Identity

178 11 1
By KitMiki

I've added new characters so I added pictures of them here to not make it confusing. Enjoy.

=====

"Jack? What are you doing?" Zhao Li An shouted after gasping.

Jack turned his head towards the little policeman as he pulled the trigger.

A shot was then fired, but it did not sound like the gun that Zhao Li An was used to hearing at the practice gun range back at the police station. It did not have a sound at all, but he did faintly see that something came out of the gun.

"It's a tranquilizer gun," Jack said with a smirk.

"Oh," Zhao Li An scratched the back of his head seemingly embarrassed for his overreaction.

Soon, the child, Axel Auriant, fell forward with a tranquilizer dart attached to his neck.

"Don't go near him. Let the hazmat team take him," Jack said.

Zhao Li An nodded. "What would you do to him?"

"He would be under observation," Jack said.

"Wh-what kind of observation?"

Jack was aware that Zhao Li An was concerned about the well-being of the kid.

Reassuring him, he replied, "Don't worry, I assure you that he would be well taken care of as much as we can. But if he does turn into an infected, we'd have no choice but to..."

Jack turned his head towards the kid then back to Zhao Li An. He didn't finish his sentence.

Of course, for Zhao Li An, he understood the implication. To stop the further spread of the virus, the source must be destroyed. If Axel did turn into infected, then that would be the end for him. He was quite unsure how Axel's grandfather would handle such news.

"Hazmat Team coming through!"

Four people covered in a full-covered yellow suit with oxygen tanks behind their backs and full masks came and began to assess the area. With hand-held detectors, they searched for traces of blood of any sorts that were on the individuals currently present: Jack, Zhao Li An, and Edison.

"It's a safety protocol, please understand," Jack said to the two. Each of the hazmat team members came and checked the three while the extra member went to secure the child who was lying on the grassy area. He had a backpack and a pushcart that has a huge container on it. Removing some equipment from his backpack, the hazmat member examined the boy.

"Clear. No signs of infection here."

"Clear as well."

"Clear."

The three people in their hazmat suits then proceeded to help examine Axel.

"Currently no signs of infection, despite visible blood stains and digestion from the infected."

Upon further inspection, they found that the child did not show any signs of abnormality or turning into one of the infected.

"We shall take him to the lab for further examination," said the hazmat member checking on Axel.

"Yes, Captain Ye Xing Si!" the three members of the Hazmat Team saluted.

(A/N: Lin Chia Wei as Ye Xing Si from History 4)

After making sure that nothing was out of the ordinary with the procedure taken, two of captain Ye Xing Si's men went and put restraints on the child's arms and legs. Afterward, they covered him in a black blanket then proceeded to put him inside the empty container.

Then the captain himself and his other subordinate proceeded with disinfection of the area with a huge spray bottle with unknown contents. The viruses of an infected need an organic human host to survive. Without one, they die. Still, reducing the chances of infection was still necessary, so disinfecting was needed.

When the area was disinfected, the members then disinfected themselves and the others who were present in the scene to make sure that nothing escapes.

"Clear."

"Clear."

"Clear."

"All clear, Captain."

Captain Ye Xing Si walked forward to Jack. "He'll be under our care for now. I'll let you know as soon as we get some findings."

Jack nodded. "Thank you, Xing Si."

Captain Ye Xing Si then turned towards Zhao Li An and nodded.

"Let's go back," he ordered his team members.

With that the hazmat team dragged Axel back in their Ambulance-type of vehicle.

"What do we do now?" Edison he weakly asked.

"The park will be investigated so no one would be able to go in or out without the military's permission. I would have to trouble the two of you to stay since we're involved in this case."

"That's fine with me. I'll do what I can to help," Edison nodded.

"My team from S.I.D is here to investigate as well. I would have to stay here anyways," Zhao Li An said.

"Understood then," Jack smiled. "Let's head out and see if we find something."

As they head out, Zhao Li An's stomach grumbled. He tried to hide it from the others by covering his stomach, but it was useless.

"I'll ask for food to be delivered here as well," Jack smirked.

"Mm." Zhao Li An could only nod hiding his embarrassment.

At the entrance of the park, the military has already set up a camp as a makeshift headquarters. The tension was high at the moment.

"Even if you were allowed here to enter, that wouldn't mean you'd have the same authority as us from the military. Mere policemen should just stick their asses in their seats and stop petty crimes. Don't stick your noses where they don't belong. Understand?" The captain in charge of the operation within the park raised his eyebrow. If someone looked at him, one would mistake him for a female officer for his beauty. Yet, despite his beautiful charm, he was vicious, cold, and foul-mouthed.

"We have authority in this case since the incident happened within the city walls. It's certainly within our authority since ability users were involved as well as one of our members from the Supernatural Investigation Department was also involved. I hope you're aware of that Captain Teng Mu Ren." Shao Fei said as he looked at the badge of the captain.

(A/N: This is Li An Chen as Teng Mu Ren from History 4)

(A/N: This is Shao Fei.)

"Supernatural Investigation Department? I've never heard of such department. Another useless department just for our resources to be wasted?" the captain spat out.

A Zhi spouted, "Good luck collecting more resources for us then from the outside."

(A/N: This is A Zhi.)

Shao Fei facepalmed himself. Now they've done it!

Some of the soldiers, who were there to pick a fight with the police department, gasped when they heard him say that. Captain Teng Mu Ren was furious as he erupted, "You f*cking assh*le!"

"Bring it on!" A Zhi shouted.

Both the captain and A Zhi began throwing punches at one another while their respective team attempted to break the fight.

The vehicle of the hazmat team had to stop since the fight was happening in front of the entrance.

When Jack, Zhao Li An, and Edison arrived, they saw how messy the situation was. Although he wanted those who were fighting to kill themselves – for all he cares – he did not want to cause further inconvenience to Zhao Zi.

"Everyone stop," Zhao Li An as he tried to stop as he joined the fray. Unfortunately, it somewhat got worse, when some of the soldiers started pushing some of the members of S.I.D. Huang Yi Qi was pushed to the ground.

(A/N: Huang Yi Qi)

"You're going too far!" Jun Wei shouted as helped Huang Yi Qi. Afterward, he joined the fight as well.

(A/N: Jun Wei)

All of a sudden, there was an all-out fight between the soldiers and the police.

Seeing that the situation further escalated, Jack closed his eyes with suppressed anger. Taking out his butterfly knife, he used his ability. As fast as the roaring wind, he kicked the soldiers and the policemen who were fighting one another. It was so fast that it only took 5 seconds. Those who were kicked were not aware of what happened until they were lying on the ground whimpering from the pain.

"Who else wants to get hit?" Jack said as he played with his butterfly knife with a playful smile.

Chills were sent to the spines of those who saw him. He looked like a psychopath who kills just for pleasure.

The soldiers immediately backed down. They did not want to mess with Jack, of all people. His identity was not well-known even within the military but he was well-respected for his leadership, strength, and intelligence.

His military ranking was ambiguous as well. He was not considered a high-ranking military officer but only a mere soldier. Yet, he has been seen talking to the upper echelons of the military as if familiar with them. He has a lot of mysteries in him, which was fascinating and at the same time, he was someone to be feared. From the battlefield alone, he was considered as a one-man-battalion for his strength. He was someone that they could not afford to be on his bad side.

Well, this view was different from the police side. To them, he was a gangster that has the military's protection. He was perhaps an undercover agent, nonetheless, he was a scumbag to them just like the other gangsters and the military.

"Your friends started it," Shao Fei was angry when his subordinates were hit as well.

"I don't care who started it. End it now. There's much more important things to be handled."

Jack took a deep breath as if done with the pettiness, then continued, "I'll let this slide, but if I see another petty squabble, your superior will hear it.... Or I can make the decision myself of what to do to you," Jack said as he let the blade of his butterfly knife out. There was calmness as he said these phrases, but it was frightening for everyone, especially for the soldiers who have seen him personally on the battlefield.

"Understood," the soldiers, including Captain Teng Mu Ren saluted.

Jack nodded at them, then looked towards the police side.

Zhao Li An nodded as thanks. Jack instantly smiled at him with a nod as well. This time that expression on the gangster was genuine.

Finally, with the small fight over, the hazmat team's vehicle was able to go through.

"Captain Ten Mu Ren and Shao Fei of the S.I.D both of you would be in charge of this case. Both of your teams must cooperate," Jack said.

"Understood!" the captain saluted.

Shao Fei had doubts how Jack could have an authority over the military like this. Was he really a high-ranking officer? In any case, he nodded as well with Jack's statement. Cooperation was a good thing.

After the "cooperation" was temporarily established between the military and S.I.D, the official investigation began.

As everyone was on edge because of an alleged terrorist attack on Z city, the security of H city was considered now as the top priority. For two infected unknown individuals to be present somehow in the city, that says a lot about the gaps of security within the city. If the public knew about this, there would be panic. That would be something the local government would try to avoid from happening. Disorder and chaos cannot be permitted!

Inside the makeshift base tent near the entrance of the City Forest Park, fresh and warm food was just delivered to them by a member of the military. It was only Zhao Li An and Edison who were eating. As for everyone else, they were busy investigating the surroundings of the park to see if they could find something unusual related to the two infected individuals.

Those who were left inside the tent aside from Edison and Zhao Zi were Shao Fei, Jack, and Captain Teng Mu Ren.

Putting the puzzles together, Edison Song was first interrogated by both the police and the military. Since he was the first one to realize about the two, he might know something more.

As for Edison, he felt the heavy stares from them. He felt pressured. His heart was beating like the wild horses galloping the grassy field. He started sweating as beads fell from his forehead. He stopped eating. He couldn't as his hands were shaking terribly. Still, he was able to say what he witnessed.

"T-the trees communicated with me about those two men following Axel," Edison explained.

"Do you know if the trees heard anything about their intentions? Where they came from?" Shao Fei asked.

Shao Fei looked around him and nodded, "We should do that then. More information we have, the better."

Everyone agreed. They don't have any lead anyways. The person in the center of this case, Axel Auriant was unstable, so they cannot ask him questions yet.

Exiting the base camp, they went ahead and interviewed the first tree nearby.

Edison would put his hand on the body of the tree and greet it.

Quickly, after Edison made a greeting, he removed his hand.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," he then turned to Zhao Li An.

"What's the matter?" the little policeman asked.

"The tree said not to disturb him while sleeping."

"...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 234 146
π—§π—›π—œπ—¦ π—œπ—¦π—‘'𝗧 𝗠𝗬 π—‘π—’π—©π—˜π—Ÿ. π—œ π—’π—‘π—Ÿπ—¬ π—£π—’π—¦π—§π—˜π—— π—œπ—§ 𝗙𝗒π—₯ π—’π—‘π—Ÿπ—œπ—‘π—˜ π—₯π—˜π—”π——π—œπ—‘π—š 𝗣𝗨π—₯π—£π—’π—¦π—˜. π—”π—Ÿπ—¦π—’ 𝗑𝗒𝗧 𝗠𝗬 𝗧π—₯𝗔𝗑𝗦�...
256 39 16
what happens when an danger occur the world and 5 supernatural heros come to save them will they will be able to save the world or Niki : who are u...
125K 3.8K 18
"YOU'RE MY MAN SHAOFEI"
588K 30.2K 83
[ AN ORIGINAL BL NOVEL FROM RUNNOX ] Feng Xi, who was just an ordinary guy, loves to read cultivation novels, and there was his recent favorite novel...