To The Top Again

By okay_nevermind

Y/N, a previous assassin who chose to quit when everything started to dull. The cigarettes and alcohols aren'... More

Prologue
Misfortunes
Familiar Faces
Nostalgia
My Home
All In The Past
Roomies
Money
Morning
Business Guy
Returning Home
Problem After Another
Night Walk
A Ray Of Hope
A Very Long Call
Worries
Half Blood
A Visitor
Boring
Our First Meeting
Provocation
Petrifying Reminder
Airing Out

Fans

3.8K 127 15
By okay_nevermind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Evelynn's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I parked the car when we finally arrived at the department building wich was 5 story tall. It felt a little off from the other building close to it when it had the same color as the sand yet it only brimmed out it's luxury. This was a place where we usually buy things and it was the only store that come to mind whenever I planned on buying stuff. We walked outside the car and I noticed Y/N seems a bit bored by the sight.

"Wait a minute, there's just something I have to do," Y/N said wich I nodded in reply.

He took the briefcase wich he was holding from early morning and went behind the car making me a little curious on what he was to do but I decided not to pry. I took this chance to hide my tails inside the jacket and also fixed my clothes. He returned after a minute and placed the briefcase back inside the car only to grab the other one wich was brown in comparison and a little smaller. He nodded to my direction and I took that as a sign he was ready.

We went inside and I hoped no one would recognize me so I placed my hand in my jacket's pocket to hide my trembling arms. I noticed Y/N looking at my back while he hid his mouth wich made me feel a little calmer for some reason. I guided the way with my head down and Y/N followed as we went to the 3rd floor. There was a couple of rooms but I already memorized this place, we went inside the room in the far left where a couple of instruments were displayed. The neon blue string was the source of light as it was glued into the edges wich still made me wonder how it could light this whole place up and I could hear a faint sound of a familiar song coming from where the cashier was.

"Try to see what you guys need, there's something I have to ask at the cashier," Y/N said, I nodded when I felt like speaking was enough to reveal my identity. I was still nervous even when there was no other people but maybe I'm just scared of any scandals that might pop up. Y/N walked to the far left corner of the room where the cashiers desk was and I also went to the place where the drums were displayed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I needed something that could reduce the noise since I bet it would be pretty loud. Asking the cashier would reduce the hassle rather than looking around so I went to him. This man had a black facemask along with a ponytail that sticked out from the back of his head, he was reading some sort of magazine and I can finally hear the music popping off. It had a strong beat, some sort of rap but all in all it was a little nice to finally understand it.

"Hello?" I asked to get his attention and I noticed he was surprised about my prescence. I couldn't help myself from trying to walk quietly but it was something I usually do unconciously. Besides, he was caught up on what he was reading so that probably took his attention a lot.

"Oh, uhm how can I help you?" asked from the man who seems to be a little scared of me. I should be the one scared of him especially when I saw his left hip holding a sheathed sword and I'm certain it's real thanks to the hilt.

"Yeah, what is that thing they use to reduce the noise thats leaking outside the room?" I asked and he seems to have an idea.

"Oh sound absorption mats! We do have one, a thin one would usually cost 8 dollars for something this size," the cashier responded and reached out for something under his table. He pulled a 2×2 (meters) mat and it felt like it was a little too thin when it felt like it was only thick as 4 nickels stacked.

"Is their anything thicker?" I asked and he nodded. He placed the first mat back and pulled out a thicker one wich made me smile a little when there was that big of a difference.

"How much?" I asked as my right arm touched the surface, it felt a little smooth but I noticed it was similar to a sponge.

"This costs 13 dollars," he responded.

"Hmmm," I let out as I tried to calculate how many I would need. I noticed the cashier was a little anxious when I could see his left leg that was trembling a little. Well, maybe 50 works if we think about the 2 walls.

"I'll be taking a hundred," I said wich made him flinch. I mean, this should be enough to cover the walls but only black would make the room a little boring.

"Does it come with any other colors?" I asked and he nodded.

"It comes with red, gray, and even dark purple," the man replied making me groan a little.

"Can we wait for a companion of mine? They're the ones using it so I think it might be better if they decide it themselves. And is delivery possible?" I asked, as my right index finger tapped below my lips while covered with my clothes.

"Yes sir, though there will be an additional 50 dollar fee for that," he replied and I nodded. I noticed Evelynn's steps drawing closer until she stopped on my left side.

"I was planning on buying some sound absorption mats, it would be a problem if we bother the neighbors," I lied, I just don't like it if things are too loud or noisy even when I was in my room.

"And it comes in different colors, you decide what you want," I continued. Evelynn nodded in response and the cashier looked at Evelynn, he squinted as if he felt like he knew Evelynn wich made me feel like there was problem rising up.

"Well then, what color is offered?" Evelynn asked in her usual tone and voice making the cashier felt like he was hit with a wave of bloodlust when he backed away and was just trembling.

"Ma'am Evelynn?" the cashier asked and Evelynn sighed. I'm too blame that this happened but it's not like they will never speak to one another anyway. I just chuckled quietly but it seems like it wasn't quiet enough when Evelynn looked at me. I saw her eyebrows were furrowed thanks to the wrinkle that it caused but what took me by surprise was that she was actually pouting. I...never thought Evelynn would be the type to do that to be honest.

"Please calm down sir," I just said, since it's my fault that this happened I think its better for me to resolve it too.

"Well there's no point in hiding it now don't I?" Evelynn said and sighed as she removed her sunglasses. I chuckled this time while the cashier was just hyperventilating making me a little worried.

"Sir are you alright?" I asked wich made him nod but his back was still pressed down on the wall and I could feel his breathing was getting steady.

"Y-yeah, uhm sorry about that I was just surprised," the cashier said and finally walked closer to us.

"It's fine, now what color is available?" Evelynn asked making the man flinch while I sighed. That bossy tone would probably get in my nerves but...well no one has done it to me now that I remember. My contractors were usually afraid of me and my boss were always sugar-coating what came out of her mouth in my prescence even though I witnessed her turn into a demon whenever someone fails their job. Ah shit I doze of, seems like Evelynn and the cashier talked about the colors while I was busy trying to remember those expressions.

"There's also a couple of instruments we're buying so add that to the delivery," Evelynn said and I saw the cashier nodding quickly.

"Show them the items, I'll be waiting outside," I said and Evelynn chuckled. I took that as a confirmation and was walking towards the exit only to see two male come in. One had a yellow hair that had some sort of gems below his eye, another had a dark skin tone wich had a hairstyle I have no idea what it's called.

"Yasuo! How's the store coming up," the yellow haired man shouted as he raised his right arm that held nothing and passed me by. I also turned to see Evelynn looking at them but she had her glasses on along with her hood. I also saw the cashier waving his hands and gesturing it for them to be quiet, this felt like there will be some trouble so I decided to follow them.

"What's with you man?" the yellow haired man asked again as they walked towards the cashier and walked pass Evelynn. Evelynn just walked to the left making me chuckle as I decided to observe this three for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Yasuo's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aye these idiots! Why did they have to appear at the wrong time?! I tried to shoo them away but they just made the complete opposite and walked closer. I have a very important person in the shop and I'm glad to be the lucky guy yet these bastards came in when it wasn't their shift. Argh! I can't bear to start a conversation with her when I'm nervous as hell. Ezreal, the man that had golden hair placed his left forearm on the desk and sneered as he looked at me in the eye. This is just irritating me for some reason, if this isn't important then I'm kicking them off

"What do you want?" I asked trying to calm myself but an irritated tone still came off. Ezreal just sighed and shrugged making me feel like I should really hit him with my odachi's sheath but good thing the other guy was a little better.

"Man, sorry Yasuo but we just decided to hang around," Ekko, the other said. Screw what I thought these guys are a little irritating.

"Go hang around somewhere else, I have some customers I need to tend to," I said hoping it'll be enough to make them leave. Ezreal just drew his face closer and looked at the tall guy who was observing the electric piano by tapping one of its keys.

"You mean that scary guy over there," Ezreal whispered. I tried to look for the famous Evelynn and was a little glad that she was looking for some drumpads at the opposite side of us.

"Don't fuck this up man! I haven't sold shit so leave!" I replied with a whisper but Ezreal just shrugged.

"Oh come on we know your the worst seller in the universe so just tell the boss your sick," Ezreal suggested, now that was just bad. I could barely pay my rent so no way I'm getting out especially when all I had to do is make sure nothing gets stolen and sit my ass down.

"Look my answer is no okay? I don't have any money on me anyway so get lost," I whispered to them with my eyes closed and sighed when it was the truth. Fuck man I there's even that nice keyboard I've been wanting to buy.

"Fine fine, oh sorry about that miss," Ezreal said making me open my eyes in less than a second. Seems like Ezreal bumped into her when he tried to walk backwards, that fool! Oh Lord please mercy on me, I haven't done nothing wrong in the past except work.

"It's fine," Evelynn replied and that was enough to make Ezreal and Ekko knew who she was. I can't really blame them, their voice is one of a kind and it's not easy to replicate. I just groaned quietly when Ezreal and Ekko backed away from her quickly and hugged one another as if they saw a demon resulting them into leaning in front of my desk.

"Anyway, I've already have the item in my list. Help me write it down," Evelynn ordered and I nodded as I took a notepad and a pen before following her. I left those two who was trembling as they hugged while I noticed the man from earlier approach them.

I wrote down all the things she wanted to buy and I noticed that it was mostly for a band. A full set for a band perse, keyboards, drum pads, a base guitar too along with some necessities like amplifiers and stuff but I wonder if they don't need a guitar for this one. I decided not to pry into this celebrity's life since I'm too much of a commoner for that. I did hear that they got fired but that doesn't change the fact that they are famous artists. It kinda made me feel a little better to see that they're still going for music, I'm a fan of their work you see so I hope things would turn out great for them.

"Is that all maam?" I asked as I scanned my notepad and saw her nod. I was back at the desk and these idiots were bowing a full 90 degree and was reaching out a notepad of their own. Did they take things below the desk again? I swear man I can't handle these two.

"C-can we please have your autograph?!" they shouted and I noticed the man looked at them through the corner of his eyes.

"You guys, haven't you heard what news lately?" Evelynn asked making Ezreal raise his head but only his head.

"Y-yes ma'am," he responded with a stutter. I just walked to the desk and if she does give them their autograph then I too would ask for one.

"Then you do know I'm not the famous girl your looking for," Evelynn said, I felt the change on her voice and it might have made a large impact to them when the studio fired them.

"That's not true at all," Ezreal replied with a firm voice. No matter how many times I hear it, it really doesn't suit his personality but that also made it feel genuine. They finally straightened themselves making me feel a bit of relief when I was feeling awkward at their position.

"We've always been a fan of your band so no matter what, we'll continue to support you," Ezreal continued as he smiled and pointed his right thumb to himself.

"I agree," I supported his words.

"So do I," Ekko chimed in.

We saw Evelynn smile a little and finally removed her glasses. She's really pretty compared to what you see on TV.

"Can I borrow a pen?" she asked and I gladly gave her mine.

"Please make it big," Ezreal said and Ekko punched him in the head. He deserved it, that just made the man who was watching us chuckle and I can't help but feel nervous. His voice was deep and that was cool and all but I also can't help but feel that sense of danger maybe my gut is telling me wrong. I just shook that thought away and also handed out my notepad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 2.7K 39
- Y/N is an archivist, scratch that, an "information artist", and he likes to believe he's cursed, cursed with bad luck, resulting in the constant la...
10.4K 197 7
Y/N is your average college graduate. Stuck in a dead end retail job. With his small amount of luck, he's landed a few good friends, and ended up in...
53.4K 1.4K 52
-Y/N L/N was once a boy, born and raised in Ionia, exposed to the magic and pure unspoiled beauty of the region. Being of Vastayan descent, it came n...
54.6K 2K 69
Y/N, a detective, and a damn good one at that, has had multiple cases on his desk, and has solved them all the right way. With his partner Caitlyn, t...