ELVEN | K.TH

By Kuribee126

The forests behind Rinei's home hold rumors of beautiful creatures. Many have gone in to find them, but none... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62: ENDING

30

1K 94 6
By Kuribee126

JUNGKOOK

Is he not done?

I watch, annoyance written all over my face. That idiot named Limu or Liseo had been dancing with her for the last five— no, six pieces. And anyone with eyes could see that she didn't want anything to do with him.

Sighing, I pick at my plate of sweets.

I was a little angry at Arlen, too. I'd tried to take her away on the second dance, but she'd just given me a small shake of her head and had continued to dance with the silver-haired elf.

Why was I even h—

"Hello."

Finally.

I turn towards the feminine voice. "Arle—"

It's not Arlen. My eyes widen at the elf who'd taken the seat next to me, with slightly darker blonde hair than Arlen's and her eyes vivid hazel.

I instantly freeze.

"Were you expecting someone else?" She asks sweetly, her eyes flickering side to side. "I'm not intruding on anything, am I?"

You...kind of are.

"I'm sorry." I say, slowly sliding towards the edge of my seat. "Yeah— yeah, I was waiting for someone and..."

"May I ask who?"

Her hazel eyes glitter. "Because you've been sitting here for a while by yourself, my lord."

"I'm not—"

I stop myself. Would it seem suspicious if I said I wasn't one of these lords? Would she guess otherwise?

I just knew I needed to get out of this situation as fast as possible.

I quickly fix my veil more firmly over my ears under her intense gaze. The mask over her eyes barely makes things any better.

She places a hand on the edge of the table, her tone slightly more impatient.

"May I request a dance?"

"I'm sorry." I repeat. "I don't think so."

She raises a brow. And I hurry to stand, shuffling up to my feet and adjusting my mask again. Her gaze gave me the chills— were all elves like this?

Did they all stare at people like they were looking right into their souls?

"Sorry." I say one last time. And I'm about to leave when she pulls me back, lips pursed in a line. Her hand is wrapped around my wrist in a tight grip.

She tilts her head at my stunned gaze.

"I usually am not rejected like this."

"Then I suggest you grow accustomed to it."

Arlen.

Her slender, snowy hand grasps the top of the elf's hand around my wrist. Then she peels her grip off my skin, her feline eyes narrowed and arctic behind her crystal blue mask.

"You cannot expect everyone to accept you, Lady Allende."

...who?

The one that Arlen had called Allende gives a harsh laugh. She crosses her hands together over the front of her gown, her eyes flickering to me in a look of disappointment.

"Is this who you've been waiting for, my lord?"

"...yes."

Her gaze narrows. Then she turns on her heel, storming away with her dress sweeping against the floor.

I shiver.

Why were elves so intimidating? Couldn't they just— I don't know, not—

"Maybe I should've covered your entire face."

I blink.

"You draw too much attention, with your beauty."

I whip towards her with an accusing look, pulling the veil lower on my face. "You danced the entire time with him. Why did you even bring me along?"

She smiles. "Were you jealous?"

Stop being ridiculous.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." She says when I turn my head away. "My father was here until just a few minutes ago. Dancing with another would've complicated things."

"Am I the another?"

"You are the another who I love but can't have," She specifies, at the question I hadn't even meant.

Her eyes glimmer.

"Yet."

Heat climbs the side of my neck. "I didn't ask."

"I believe you just did. Let's go."

"What? Go where?"

"Your sister just left. The Prince has followed her." She says, her gaze flickering over my shoulder. "The bell for midnight will ring soon."

"I need to get you somewhere safe."

"Hurry." She calls under her breath, leading me out through one of the unguarded side doors of the chamber. The music is still loud inside, the elves enjoying the Gala completely unaware.

Compared to the sparkling lights of the party, the hallway outside is so dark.

There are only a few small torches lighting the way, hung on the sides of the walls.

Arlen looks like she knows fully where we were.

"Where are we going?"

Only the sounds of our hollow footsteps fill the empty corridors.

"Outside. The Elven Forests."

"...and then?"

"I'll figure something out." She murmurs, fisting a handful of her gown as she runs. I try to keep up, and she lets me know where we are as we move through the shadows.

"Now we're past the stables."

"Only a quarter of the way left, angel."

"Almost there."

We're about to twist around another corner when she suddenly stops. I come to a screeching stop behind her, my breaths rough from running.

Her eyes narrow as she signs.

Guards.

And I freeze when I hear it too. Footsteps, coming closer.

Closer, by the second.

My mind spins for an excuse. But I can't find a single one. We were both so obviously dressed for the Gala, and what could I even say—

Then Arlen suddenly grips my shoulder and slams me against the wall. My body hits it so loud that I flinch, certain that the guards had heard us.

Was she out of her—

"All you have to do is stay still."

I tense as she wraps her leg around mine. Her slender hand clasps my neck, and my breaths turn even rougher than they already are from the shock and confusion.

What was she doing?

She connects her lips with mine. Then she kisses me deeply— a kiss, completely different from the gentle pecks she'd always given me.

A moan escapes my mouth before I can stop it.

"Arle—"

"Shh."

She kisses me again. And I can't focus on anything else other than her lips on mine, her hands pinning me against the wall.

I'm still dazed when she breaks away, her fingertips adjusting my veil even lower on my face. She turns to the direction of the two guards standing awkwardly at the end of the hall.

Her voice is ice itself.

"Do you want something?"

Her hands coil tighter around my body. And I breathe, lips slightly parted and completely disoriented. It feels as if I'd just taken an overdose of sleeping herbs.

I just hear a guard swallow nervously.

"No, my lady. It's just that guests for the Gala shouldn't be out this far—"

"Thank you for the notice. I'll keep it in mind." She says, her blue eyes glittering dangerously. "You two may leave. I'll return to the Gala with my lover when I'm done."

"Y-Yes, of course, my lady."

The guards hurry back the way they'd come from. And my legs nearly give out when Arlen steps back, loosening her grip around my shoulder.

She gives me a smile when I tear the mask off, burying the upper half of my face dizzily in one hand.

"Steady, angel." She says, before motioning at the mask clutched in my fingers. "You should probably keep that on."

"Y-You..."

A dark blush shades my cheeks when I recall the low sound that had burst from my throat.

My God. Please.

"What's wrong?" She asks, as if she really doesn't know.

"Don't...talk to me."

"Don't be embarrassed." She says, tucking her pale blonde hair over her ear. "That was incredibly attractive. You make a lovely partner."

"I said don't talk to me."

"...alright. I apologize for taking you off guard."

I glance at her. And for a second I think she actually means it, until I see the flicker of amusement she's trying to hide.

I give up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 84 21
"Y/n was a little girl..afraid of the big wide world..she grew up within her castle walls..now and then she tried to run, ending on the night with a...
11.5K 373 27
κœ±α΄›α΄€α΄›α΄œκœ±: α΄„α΄α΄α΄˜ΚŸα΄‡α΄›α΄‡α΄… βπšƒπš‘πšŽ πšœπšžπš™πšŽπš›πš—πšŠπšπšžπš›πšŠπš• πš’πšœ πšπš‘πšŽ πš—πšŠπšπšžπš›πšŠπš• πš—πš˜πš 𝚒𝚎𝚝 πšžπš—πšπšŽπš›πšœπšπš˜πš˜πš.❞ ~π™΄πš•πš‹πšŽπš›πš π™·πšžπš‹πš‹πšŠπš›πš ꜰʟᴜꜰ...
314K 15.7K 55
She didn't know where she was but that place felt like home. She didn't know how? Or why? But it just did, and surprisingly she was happy to call th...
993 79 17
"monsters are made not born" Kim taehyung Connected by the prophecy! only a beauty can tame the beast!!how their story will unfold?? Life was never e...