Shots Pageant

By krisha_creates

Small moments, small meetings, small confessions, small stories add vitality and bliss to our life. Here we j... More

Shot 1: The Ditched Date
Shot 2 : Deora vs Birla
Shot 3 : Changing for Good
Shot 4 : Te Amo
Shot 5 : Husband turned Helper
Shot 6 : A Day Well Argued
Shot 7 : Order
Shot 8 (i) : Farewell
Shot 8 (ii) : Farewell
Shot 9 : Savage
Shot 9(ii) : Savage
Shot 11: Obros and Obahus
Shot 12: Mood Swings
Shot 13: A Second Chance?
Shot 13(ii)- A Second Chance?
Shot 13(iii)- A Second Chance?
Shot 14: Architect meets CEO
Shot 14-(ii) Architect meets CEO
Shot 14(iii)- Architect meets CEO
Shot 14(iv)- Architect meets CEO

Shot 10: Breaking Apart

958 105 30
By krisha_creates

Annika and Shivaay were sitting outside the doctor's cabin. Both were nervous but didn't wanted to show it to each other. They had their hands entangled together firmly. Creases and sweat were slowly forming on their faces.

"Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi, Dr.Muraal is waiting for you", Swidhi, assistant of Dr informed them.

Shivaay nodded at her before turning her face back to his wife, "Annika, don't worry, it'll be negative for sure", he assured her while being skeptical himself.

"I won't be Shiv. I have a strong feeling this time", she spoke with a sad and nervous face.

"Don't talk rubbish, come", he got up and pulled her to make her stand.

She got up and looked at him. He gave a small smile, a fake one. They walked slowly towards the cabin's door. "Dr. Muraal Chaudhary, Oncologist", the door read.

Annika's body freezed remembering her first visit at this place.

Two years back, Annika had started feeling sick. She had experienced severe headaches, nausea and many other symptoms. Sometimes, she used to forget the events which had taken place a few minutes back. Other times, she used to lose her balance and fall miserably, sometimes from the stairs or sometimes from the chair. Shivaay being concerned, took her to specialist and that is when they got the devastating news. The news which shook the foundation of their life.

Still in the flashback, Annika was bought back to the real world when her husband shook her, "Haan?"

"We need to go inside", Shivaay reminded her again.

"Ya", she composed herself. Her body had turned stiff remembering all the bitter news which they had received in front of this cabin.

Still, controlling their emotions, they walked and knocked the door.

"Come in", came the queer voice.

They walked inside. This time, the usual smiling and positive face of Dr. Muraal was not as before. Seeing them, he forced a smile.

The couple smiled back at him.

"Good Morning Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi", he wished.

"Morning", Shivaay wished back as Annika remained silent.

"Please have a seat", he told.

The couple obeyed and took a seat.

"Umm..Mr. Oberoi...I don't know how to say this but I am sorry", Dr. Muraal began.

Annika tightened her grip on Shivaay hand, "What's wrong Doctor?"

"Aa.. Mrs. Oberoi, sorry to say but your condition is not improving. Your Brain Cancer has reached its fourth stage. We need to operate as soon as possible", the doctor dropped the bomb.

The land slipped beneath their feets and the world ended. Annika without listening to further facts, ignoring the husband's burst of anger on Dr. Muraal, she rushed outside in the garden.

A day passed and the whole Oberoi Mansion had turned dark. The usual smiling and happy faces lost their light and charm. The playful and lovable family was no more soothing. The chances of Annika's survival in this case was just one tenth percent.

After two days, they were in the hospital. Annika was supposed to be operated. She had her normal tests done and was sitting in the ICU.

Dr. Muraal came to check on her, "How are you feeling Mrs. Oberoi?", he asked.

"Good", Annika smiled, "Just wanted to ask something", she told.

"Ya?", he asked.

"Can I meet them for one last time", Annika pointed at the door.

"Sure, but why are you saying as the last time?", he asked.

"Cause I know its last", she whispered which was just audible to her.

Within no time, the family appeared in her ward. Though, the whole family isn't allowed in the ICU, they one by one went to meet her. Annika asked for the blessings and wished them their betterment and joy.

Shivaay was the last one to come inside. He approached her smiling face and took a seat beside her. He kept his hand around her shoulder and she landed her head on his chest. She was smiling but he was crying.

"Shivaay, can I ask you for something?", she spoke.

"I am all yours Annika. You just need to say", he told her.

"Then promise me", she took his hand into hers, "Promise me that if I won't come back, then you'll remarry someone who'll take care of Ansh and Shivika just like I do", she told sobbing.

He got a shock and took his hand back from her grip, "Are you nuts Annika? How can you think like that? I am sure that you'll come back to us!", his eyes displayed anger and fear, both.

She was breaking apart, "I know Shiv. But its not in my hand, no? But still, you'll promise me", she told authoritatively.

"No at all Annika. I can't think of anyone except you! No one take your place in my heart", he told sobbing.

"I am not telling you yo give my space. Just create a new space for her. I don't want our kids to grown up without parent love like I did", she recalled how tough it was for her to grow up and them work to fill her and her adoptive brother Saahil's stomach, "And please take care of Saahil as well", she requested.

Shivaay was also breaking apart, "No Annika, you need to come back"

"I hope so Shivaay. Can you call Anshu and Shivi inside?", she asked.

He nodded and goes outside to bring in their little bundles of joy, eight year old Shivika and five year old Ansh.

"Mumma", they whispered.

Annika flung her hands open to call them in her embrace. They ran and hugged her tightly. She cried and caressed their backs softly.

"Shivi, Anshu, promise me that you'll never ever trouble Dad or the other family members. You'll accept ever  decision your Dad will make for you", she told.

The kids moved away.

"Why are you saying like that Mumma?", Shivika asked.

Annika gulped, "You remember I told you about the bacterias in my brain?", she asked.

The kids nodded.

"So,", she gulped again, "Those bacterias have grown big and they are troubling mumma's brain a lot. So Doctor uncle will be removing them from by brain today", she told.

"So what mumma. You're the best and I know that you'll win the battle", Ansh assured her.

"So confident?", Annika chuckled.

"Ya, and I am always right! Cause I am Ansh Singh Oberoi!", he did his hair flick copying his father.

"Tadibaaz, just like your Dad", Annika looked at Shivaay who just clicked a picture of them in his phone.

"Ya mumma, you'll win for sure", Shivika said.

Annika cupped her face, "Baby, this time the bacterias are stronger than you mumma. So maybe, I'll never win", she informed them.

"So you'll never come back?", little Ansh asked.

"Ansh!", Shivaay roared.

Ansh stubbled back hearing his father  but his mother caught him.

"Shivaay! He's a kid!", Annika yelled.

Shivaay settled back on his seat, "Sorry Ansh"

"Baby, I will definitely come back, if not like this, then maybe in a different form. Dad will being a new mumma for you. Trust me, she'll love you like I do!" she told them.

"But we need you", Shivika retorted.

"Okay kids, buck up and move out! We need to take your mumma inside", Dr. Muraal entered.

The kids nodded and moved outside quickly.

"Ready Mrs. Oberoi?", Muraal asked.

She looked at Shivaay, "Only if Shivaay gives me the promise"

"Don't be stubborn Annika!", Shivaay scowled.

"Yes or no?", she asked, "Otherwise, I won't go inside"

"Annika", he spoke.

"Cancel the operation Doctor", Annika ordered.

"No,no,no, wait, I promise", Shivaay kept his hand over Annika's.

She smiled and pulled him for a hug, "I love you Shivaay. Never let my kids stay without a mother", she whispered.

He got away and now, she was moved to the Operation Theatre. It was a long surgery. The family was praying continuosly while Shivika and Ansh were in Shivaay's embrace.

In the evening, the red light of OT dimmed and Dr. Muraal walked out. He was shaken and deeply hurt, he appeared like that.

Shivaay walked upto him, "Annika?"

"Aa..Mr. Oberoi, I am sorry!", Muraal spoke with fear.

The family burst into tears and Shivaay's face was emotionless.

"What do you mean?", he asked.

"Aaa..Umm... We couldn't save Mrs. Oberoi", he spoke with grief.

Shivaay's eyes turned into the deep shade of red. His eyes were moist with anger dripping out. He held Dr. Muraal's collar tightly, "How dare you haan? Tum jante nhi ho main kaun hoon! Meri Annika ko kuch ho gaya toh ye hospital band karwa dunga!", he roared.

Shivika and Ansh clenched Om and Rudra tightly as all four of them were constantly crying.

Om goes towards Shivaay, "Shivaay, sambhaal apne aap ko", he sobbed.

"Kya sambhalu Om? Annika, you know dammit I can't live without her!", he yelled and rushed inside the OT.

Muraal didn't tried to stop Shivaay. He followed him.

Inside the OT, Annika's body layed on the stretcher with her face covered. Shivaay slowly goes towards her body. He was shaking and shivering.

"Annika! Annika! Ye mazak nhi hai Annika! Utho, wake up", he uncovered her corpse and held her lifeless hand, "Anu, see Shivika and Ansh are waiting for you! They are confident that their mumma will win over the bacterias", he sobbed, sniffed and whined.

Muraal came and kept his hand on Shivaay's shoulder, "Mr. Oberoi, Mrs. Oberoi told me to give you this if anything goes wrong with her", he handed him a piece of paper.

Shivaay took the pink envelope. He cleaned his face and opened the envelope. It had three piece of paper. Three letters.

For Shivaay, For Ansh, For Shivika, they read.

"And this too", Muraal gave him a diary.

Shivaay opened the yellow letter which she had left for him.

Hey Shivaay,
           If you are reading this letter, that means that I am no more alive. I am sorry Shivaay. I couldn't make it upto you and kids. But trust me Shivaay, I fought, but I couldn't.

          Now, when I am no more there to eat your head and crib for your time, but my promise is with you. Remember, you promised me to marry again and find a great mother to our Shivi and Anshu. I know Shivaay, its, its tough for you, but we need to do this for our kids right? I know thay you can play the role of mother as well as a father and cherry in the top, we have such a huge family too. But a mother always remains a mother.

          Marry someone who could love you more than I do and take care of my kids more than me. Tell Shivi that I am not biased towards Anshu and I love her equally. I am leaving a letter for them too. Anshu won't be able to read so you'll make him understand. Be strong for them Shivaay. You're a great Dad. Our kids live you a lot and so do I. I am leaving a diary too. Whenever you'll feel sad or miss me, though I don't want you to miss me, but thoda sa, you can read it and it will always remind you that I love you Shivaay Singh Oberoi, mere Tadibaaz, Bagad Billa, Kanji aakho wala! Please, don't cry. I can't see you like that. If you'll cry, then I won't be at peace Shiv. But if you'll smile, then remember taht in some corner of the world, I'll be smiling too seeing you!

Yours
Annika

Tears were constantly dripping from his eyes. He is nothing without her. For sure he would have either slit his throat or jumped off the building if her token if love, their Shivika and Ansh wouldn't have been there. But he need to compose himself. For Shivi, for Anshu and for Annika!

Later next day, it was her last rites. The Oberoi Family was miserable and Shivi and Anshu were uncontrollable.

Shivaay did the rituals and the priest handed over him the lighted log. His feet stummbled as he approached her body. Before giving a final go, he kissed her forehead and whispered, "I love you Annika". At last, he  lighted her body.

"I love you too Shivaay", he heard as if she just whispered it in his ear but quickly rushed away with the blowing wind making him smile.

Hit the vote button if you like it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7.1K 18
Requested and random shots on ShivIka.
65.5K 5.2K 25
a short shivika story on how they finally accept their feelings for each other and embark on a happily ever after
2.2K 152 2
It's All About My Favourite On-screen Couple - ShivIka!
222K 18.5K 55
One does not believe in love, while the other has never imagined falling in love. A businessman and a doctor. Hop on to learn more about their tale a...