Ephemera

By stellarflower-

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown" Ephemera: Nothing is permanent, flowers that bloomed will die in a... More

||Prologue||
||Aesthetics||
Inferno
Veneer of Bravery
Hope for the Hopeless
Perfect Little Accident
Tears Don't Fall
Hairbrush?
Eternally yours
Devika's 'mint kheer'
Love hurts
Betrayed and broken
Broken trust
Author's note
All is Lost
Yudhishthira's letter
Dilemma
Doors of life
New day
I have some questions
Towards
Family Time
Traumatic night
Issues
Fire
Tragic news
Hidimb and Hidimba
Hidden truths
Birth
Calm Before Storm
Fire borns
Moments to treasure
Twist in the Tale
Wrenched heart
Reunion
Note
Her swayamvar
Entrance
Time for truth
Insecurities
Serendipity
Divulgence
New cover
Review
Barren
Elysian
Unfaithful
Cadaver
Tranquil
Veer Sodari
Xenization
The Great Prank
Catharsis
Sweet Bliss
Sovereign
Erstwhile
Love Story
Strike One, Down
The last dinner
Journey to Hastinapur
Indelible recollections
The First Dice is Cast
Why?
Trick to Tease
"Won"
Ambrosia
Her Leash
From Consecrated to Cursed
What?
Star crossed
On your own
Flaring the fire
Darkness Ascends
Veil Of Secrets
Little Brain, Big Doubt
Philosophy of Curses
50K Reads!
Peek A Boo

Dreadful

377 20 24
By stellarflower-

20K READS?!!! This is insane! So I never expected this and it is freaking insane, thanks so much everyone! I am the happiest person on the planet.....

So, I will be doing a question and answer over this book, so ask absolutely any question here, I will give you the answer, if your question is about what happens next or something, I will give you the answer without trying to give too many spoilers!

Ask ;)

~~~~~~~

The biggest challenge in the path was Jarasandh, his fame was spread all over the world and was known for being invincible.

In Indraprastha, Krishna said to Yudhishtira, "It won't be easy to kill him even now, when he has turned away from dharma. I have heard Jarasandha has seen Siva with his own eyes."

Yudhishtira asked in a whisper, "How will we kill him?"

The Dark One smiled. "No man, even the most gifted, may live beyond the time given him. I know how he can be killed."

Arjuna, Krishna and Bheema set out for Girivraja. Yudhishtira was anxious, but he did not let doubt prevail over his faith in the Blue God.

It was midnight, when the homa was completed and Jarasandha came to meet the visitors, who had aroused his curiosity. He bowed to the strangers. His shrewd eyes appraised them. He saw their brahmanas' attire: sandal-paste and saffron garments, tall tilakas on their foreheads. He also saw the marks on their muscled arms made by bowstrings. He saw how splendidly they were built and knew these were no brahmanas but kshatriya warriors.

When they reach there, Jarasandh welcomed them grimly , "Welcome to Girivraja! You may be in attire of Brahmins but your build is of a warrior. You did not come from the gate but by climbing up the wall."

Krishna smiled. "It is indeed the friend who enters at the gate and the enemy that comes over the wall. The kshatriya is not known for sweet words, but his deeds. We have come to challenge you."

Jarasandha peered at them in the lamplight. "But who are you? Why do you want to challenge me, when I do not recall ever having harmed you? You say you are my enemies. How can you be my enemies when I have not set eyes on you before? I have many enemies, certainly, but none that I have never seen. Tell me who you are."

Krishna replied, "You have made prisoners of ninety-eight kings and you mean to slaughter them in Siva's name. We are your enemies because you want to sacrifice these kshatriyas like animals."

"I have defeated every king in my prisons in battle. Their lives are mine, in dharma."

He still peered curiously at them in the deep night. The certainty grew on him that he had seen the strangers' spokesman before. He knew that ash- and sandal-coated face and those black eyes full of transcendent mockery. He whispered, "But tell me who you are and where you have come from."

Krishna said softly, "I am Krishna of Dwaraka. These are my cousins Bheema and Arjuna. We have come to tell you to let the captive kings go free, or face any of us in single combat. Of course, if you are not afraid to, after the Yadavas routed you eighteen times outside Mathura."

Jarasandha's eyes blazed. Then he began to laugh, a silent shaking of his great body which turned to echoing peals. "People say for fear of me you hide out at sea, behind Raivataka. Yet, you come here to challenge me in Girivraja. The thought is amusing, cowherd."

His eyes glinted. "Krishna, you dare come here and tell me what I should do with my prisoners. Have you forgotten who I am? Cowherd, I am Jarasandha. I fear no one in the world and no one has ever vanquished me.

You have come to your deaths. Tell me, how shall we fight? Army against army, or hand to hand? How many of you will fight me at once? All of you? Two at least? Or were you thinking of sending home for some more brothers and cousins, if I agreed to fight you?"

Still smiling equably, Krishna said, "Choose one of us, Kshatriya. Which one will you fight?"

Jarasandha sneered at them. "You will be poor antagonists, all of you. You, Krishna, are a known coward; I will not fight you. This Arjuna, who sits beside you like a fawning puppy, is just a boy. I am not in the habit of doing battle with children. As for this big fellow here, well, at least he looks like a man. He seems well built enough, so the fight may not be entirely one-sided.

Bheema, I will fight you and if I win let both your kingdoms become mine! If I lose, my kingdom will be yours."

The next day, at noon, Jarasandha led Bheema to a courtyard in his palace and a wrestling-pit full of white river-sand. The Magadhan said, "Which weapon do you prefer?"

"The mace," replied Bheema.

A selection of the finest maces was fetched and Jarasandha allowed Bheema first choice. Krishna smiled, "It is a pity you flung away the mace that made you invincible. I have it in my palace in Dwaraka."

"I am still invincible, cowherd. And that mace will shortly be mine again and your Dwaraka with it."

It was time to begin and, maces clutched in hands powerful as thunderbolts, the giant combatants began to circle each other. The sieved sand sparkled like crushed diamonds under their feet. With a roar that welled from his belly, Bheema struck out wildly at Jarasandha's head. Quicker than the eye, the king evaded the stroke and Bheema staggered forward a step. The fight was glorious, and would be sung for decades to come. On the 27th day, under Krishna's instructions, Bheema flung the two body halves in opposite directions, so each one lay with its back to the other. Now they did not join and Jarasandha did not rise from the dead.

The kings were set free, as Krishna told them "It was Bheema who saved you. His brother Yudhishtira wants to perform a Rajasuya yagna and become emperor of Bharatavarsha. See you give him your support."

The hundred swore, "Yudhishtira is already our emperor!"

Jarasandh's eldest son was made the king as Krishna, BHeem and Arjun left from there victorious. In Indraprastha, excitement was in the air. The Rajasuya yagna was on everyone's lips. From being some ruins in a wilderness of thorns, this city would soon be the focus of Bharatavarsha, her emperor's capital. Vyasa arrived and he advised Yudhishtira on every detail of the sacrifice.

"You must first receive tribute from all the kings of Bharata. Let your brothers and Dhriti go forth and subdue the world in your name. Only an emperor may perform the Rajasuya yagna."

Few Months Later

In the palace, Dhriti, Karn, Sahadev, Nakul, Arun and Bheemawere not welcomed, no one was there at the gates of the palace. Oly Kunti was there, with tears in her eyes. She knew that without her dark nephew, the Rajasuya yagna would have remained a dream. The 3 kids of Karn ran and embraced their father

"Where is Draupadi and Bhaiya and everyone?" Nakul asked wriggling his eyebrows.

"Come with me." Kunti said abruptly as she directly pulled them to the maternal ward.

Yudhishthira was pacing around frantic as Draupadi's piercing screams were heard all around. Maids were hastily running around; they heard the commanding voice of Vrushali from inside the ward.

He was pacing back and forth in the hall where Duryodhan and the other Pandavs were sitting with concerned faces.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Its just been 8 months and 2 days. Isn't the baby supposed to come out after 9 months or something? Why is he early? They are not letting me in. She is screaming and there is nothing I could do about it. What do I do? Oh God Oh God", Yudhishthira was hyperventilating.

"Yudhishthira"

"Bhratashree"

It took the combined strength of both Arjun and Karn to calm him down. "You have to calm down. You loosing your mind is not helping your wife. Everything will be alright. Just stay calm. Once the baby is born, we need the father to be sane enough to hold him. So for the love of God, Calm Down", Karn said in his i-am-a-big-brother voice calming Yudhishthira down.

"You are doing great Bharatashree! You are doing great! At this rate you will not be sane enough to hold the baby", Nakul said for his part.

After sometime the Royal doctor came out of the room. Yudhishthira stood up immediately.

"Maharaj Yudhishthira!", the vaidhya hesitated, "I am sorry to say this but there seems to be a few complications. Saving either of them is difficult", he said.

"What are you talking about?", Yudhishthira growled making the doctor squirm.

"Well- uh- your wife and kid's lives are in danger", the doctor said.

"You are supposed to be the savior. The best in the job. How can you not save them? It is your goddamn duty", Yudhi yelled shaking the poor doctor who was scared to death.

"No no this is not happening. If anything happens to them I swear to God, I will wage a war against heaven and raise hell", Yudhisthira promised.

"Bhaiya Come on!", Bheem said cupping yudhi's face, "They are your wife and kid. A great warrior's blood is running in that kid's veins. If anyone can pull through, it is them. You have to calm down", he said wiping away yudhi's tears and calming him down. Nakul and Sahadev were inquiring the doctor about the situation.

"We can save them", Nakul said.

"What?"

"Yes! He is just a doctor. But we possess knowledge about every medical activity. If you let us, we will give our best. Give us a chance", Sahadev asked.

Yudhi went to them, "Please." That was all he said but the desperation in his voice was evident as he joined his hands in front of them. They wanted to tell him to never ever join his hands in front of them, but seeing his condition, they decided against it.

"Bhaiya please trust us", Sahadev said and the twins went to the bedroom.

"Nakul Sahadev", Bheem whispered, "All the best Anuj"

~~~~~~'

Who will die, draupadi or the baby?

How was the chapter, I know it was short but I wanted to leave you on a cliff hanger.

What was your fav part?

Did you like the chapter?

What was the worst part?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 3.4K 33
☆ COMPLETED ✓☆ || ArDi Story || An alliance between 2 kingdoms, a marriage of 2 young kids, a dream that gnaws every night, an answer both are searc...
42.6K 2.3K 31
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
70.9K 4.3K 81
Evi, a Human experiment of the 21st century, the finest weapon of mass destruction, finds herself in an unfathomable dilemma as she is forced to face...
227K 14.3K 129
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...