a void in the heart - void st...

By _shuckiestshuckever

ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ, ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʜᴇʀ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ... More

00
0.5
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
epilogue
-alternative ending-
new books!
-alternative ending 2-

30

2K 49 246
By _shuckiestshuckever

MALENAS POV

One thing that should be noted is that I am a terrible, terrible bowler. It was a skill I hadn't needed for over 7 years until now. I sit down next to Malia and I have my head in my hands. Malia pats my shoulder sympathetically.

"I don't think that anyone has ever needed 15 bowls to get down 10 pins," Lydia says smirking from behind us as she adds up the tally. Kira nudges her and she looks at me. "No offence." She adds quickly.

"I'm so so bad at this." I groan as I rub my eyes. "Go on without me Malia, I can't do it."

Malia snorts with laughter, "don't forget that I'm not getting a fantastic score either." She says laughing.

We've been bowling for an hour and so far Malia and I had collectively have racked up just over 100 marks. Lydia and Kira are only at 40.

"it's not that bad," Kira says trying to sound kind but her facial expressions give her away.

"Yes, it is," Malia says grimly. "You don't have to pretend to be nice Kira. It's okay, we already know we suck."

Kira blushes, "sorry." She mutters. I smile at her. 

"It's okay, don't worry about it. Let's just bowl." I say encouragingly. 

Lydia nods and she turns to get her bowl again and I reach for her hand. "Maybe go easy," I whisper to her.

Lydia rolls her eyes, "You'd be surprised the number of times people have said to me. Just get better at bowling, you'll be fine." She whispers back. 

She goes to move her hand and I hold it back, "Not for me." I whisper back to look at Malia and Kira.

Lydia's eyes flicker to them, she sighs. "Yeah. Yeah okay, I'll ease up a bit." She mutters.

'Thank you' I mouth to her as she moves to get her bowl. 

I scoot back to Malia and Kira who are talking about school.  

"I cannot physically do any math," Malia says to Kira who's listening to her whine. 

"Well, I can always help out in History if you need it," Kira says to Malia who grunts out a thank you. 

"Malia, you're up next," I say to her smiling. Malia groans and slides down the slippery seats so she's almost sitting on the floor. 

"Who's idea was this?" She mutters darkly. I smile at her. 

Behind me I hear a 'whoop!' and I turn and see Allison cheering for Isaac after he got a strike. My heart twists as they share a kiss. 

Malia sees that I'm turned away from the group and follows my vision. "So she's still with him, huh?" She asks coldly. 

"Yup," Lydia says her face turned up in a sneer. "Literally broke girl code just to get a quick fuck." 

"Lydia!" Kira reprimes quietly. 

"S'okay," I murmur.  Malia looks back at Allison and Isaac and she stands up quickly. 

"That's it." She says smirking, "I'm going over there." And she stalks off in the direction of the pair. 

I stand up immediately and chase after her. "No!" I cry out, I try to grab her hand but Lydia grabs mine instead, pulling me back. 

"C'mon. This will be funny." Lydia says reassuring me as she pulls me back to sit down. 

"No Lydia, this is cruel-." I start but Lydia raises an eyebrow and defeatedly I sit down and watch as Malia walks up to Isaac and Allison who are now waiting for Isaac's ball to return. 

"We should get closer," Lydia whispers to me, I shake my head repeatedly but Lydia drags me and Kira to the next alley over, closer to Issac and Allison. 

"Lydia, no. Let's just go back." I hiss. She shakes her head smiling as she goes back to watching Malia. 

"You know what? Wait here." Lydia mutters to me. She stands up and Malia turns and waits for Lydia, Isaac and Allison still haven't seemed to notice the two people approaching them. 

"Oh my god." I whimper into my hands. Kira sits down next to me and slings an arm over my shoulder. 

"It'll be okay." She whispers. 

I look up to see Lydia and Malia continue to approach them and I shrink back into my seat. 

My heart is racing, why did Lydia have to do this? It wasn't necessary. It's not like Allison and Isaac were doing anything to bug me. 

"Hi," Lydia says to Allison and Isaac, her voice falsetto and high. 

Allison looks up, a little surprised. Clearly, Isaac had not told her of our run in. "Hi! Is everyone here?" Allison asks perking up to look for me and Kira and when she finds us her eyes narrow a bit. "Did you guys all go out and not invite me?" Allison asks her voice sounding a little hurt. 

"Must've slipped my mind." Lydia says eyeing her up and down, "anyways, I was just wondering if you and thing are still together?" Lydia asks her eyes flick to Isaac. 

I bury my face in my hands. Lydia already knew they were still together. What was she doing? 

"Who, Isaac?" I hear Allison ask, "yea obviously." She says, her voice almost sounding snarky. 

I look through my fingers and Malia steps forward. "Hi, I don't think we've had the pleasure, well not really, of meeting. But I'm Malia." She says smirking. 

"Oh my god, this is chaos," I whisper to Kira who's watching wide-eyed and she nods. 

Malia looks at Isaac and growls as her eyes flash blue. Isaac recoils backwards, and Allison turns to glare at her. "What the fuck is your problem?" She hisses at her. 

Malia chokes on a laugh. "My fucking problem? Is she for real?" Malia asks turning to Lydia who nods, "oh you little-. Screw you. You slept with Malena's boyfriend and now you think you are aloud to strut around and act like he was always yours. Go fucking fuck yourself."

Allison flushes red, "You have no idea what you're talking about. We only slept together twice when they were together. The rest was afterwards-" Allison starts but I stand up and walk over to them. 

"Oh, yea?" I ask interrupting and Allison looks away. "And when was this?" I ask as I push in front of Malia and Lydia who step back gladly. 

Allison's eyes stay on the ground. "When was it?" I ask, my eyes beginning to water. "When fucking was it, Allison?" I ask, my voice breaking from emotion. Allison refuses to meet my eyes. 

"How bout you?" I ask turning to Isaac, "can you answer a simple fucking question?" Isaac looks away too. 

"Fuck me," I whisper, "Wow, you both are really shitty people, you know that right?" I ask, a tear rolling down my face.

"Can you at least tell me it was worth it?" I say, feeling my anger rise. "You owe me that fucking much Allison," I say looking at her. She's still looking at the floor but it almost looks like she's crying. "I would never do this to you," I say more tears rolling down my cheeks. "I would've never fucking done this to you. You're supposed to be my best friend." I say my voice choking. 

Allison finally looks up and her eyes are filled with tears. I scoff. "Wow, you're sleeping with my ex and you crying? Fuck you. I hate you so fucking much," I say and look at Isaac too. "I hate you both so fucking much. I'll never forgive you for this. Never." I say and I turn away from them as I wipe away the tears rolling down my face and run to Kira who has her arms open for a hug. 

"I hate them." I sob into her arm. Kira directs me to the bathroom as she holds me in an embrace. 

"I know Malena. Let it out." Kira says once we make it to the bathroom. 

I sob into her shoulder as she comforts me. A few minutes later Malia and Lydia walk in. 

"C'mon, we've been 'advised' to leave," Lydia says rolling her eyes. She puts a hand on my shoulder in a comforting way. "Let's all come back to mine, we can have a sleepover." 

I wipe the tears away and nod as I follow her out of the toilets. 

I really had to stop crying every time I saw Isaac and Allison, it was beginning to give me headaches. 

VOIDS POV

"So, you live here?" Isabella asks me as we walk into Malena's house. She sits down on the couch and smiles at me. 

I smirk as I move over to the kitchen bench, "more or less." I say over my shoulder. 

I had checked before we arrived that Isaac had moved in with the Argents before we came to Malena's house. Sure, if Malena found out she'd be more than pissed. 

"It's nice, where's your room?" She asks as she gets up and moves in the direction of the stairs.

"Don't go up there!" I say and she stops and looks over at me.  

"Why? it's your house, it's not like theres going to be a criminal or anything." She says and keeps walking for the stairs. 

"Just don't go into the first bedroom," I say as I follow her up the stairs. 

"Why not?" She asks and I grab her hand before she can go any further. 

"It's my younger sister's room, she's away at the moment. On a holiday with our parents. Just don't go in there." I say making a lie up came quickly. 

Isabella is too busy looking at my hand on hers to even comprehend what I said.  "Uh-huh." She says smiling.

I remove my hand and roll my eyes. She turns away and keeps walking up the stairs. 

Despite my warning, she does go to Malena's room, she opens the door and looks around inside. I reach in front of her to slam the door shut in her face but she's already inside the room. 

Isabella lies down on Malena's bed and I resist the urge to drag her off it and kick her out. "This is such a nice room!" She says as she looks around. Her eyes land on the big bookshelf in the corner and stands up to examine the shelves. "Gross, books." She mutters rolling her eyes as she drops back down on the bed. 

"Can you not?" I ask through gritted teeth, my voice tight. Isabella looks at me and smiles. 

"Can I stay in this room?" She asked smiling at me, her eyes pleading. 

"No." I snap, and I leave the room and walk to the spare room. "This is your room," I yell out and Isabella follows me into the room and her face grimaces. 

"This is worse than the books." She says looking around the room. She looks at me and I have the sudden urge to recoil. "You sure I can't sleep with you?" Isabella asks blinking a lot. 

I'm about to say no but something stops me again. For the first time ever I almost stumble over my words, "um, if you want." I say, my voice shaking. 

She smiles at me and moves to what be Malena's parent's room. "Um, this isn't your room is it?" She asks confused. 

The room is pretty plain but its decor seems more adultlike than a teenager's room. 

I nod, "this is my one." I move to the draws and thank god that they are empty because Malena's parents took the majority of their clothes with them. "You can put your stuff in here if you want Isabella," I say gesturing to the draw.

Isabella stands up, "Okay, I'll go get my bag." She stops just before the door and turns to me, "by the way, you can call me Izzy. Isabella is too formal." And with that, she sends me a smile before she walks out the door. 

I sit down on the chair in the corner of the room and rub my forehead. "God Void, what did you get yourself into?" I mutter as I run a hand through my hair. 

————

So, that was a bit longer than usual, but I'm writing a prequel! 

It's going to be a bit more centred around Isaac and Malena. Before the cheating. The way I want to write it isn't going to be like this. The chapters will almost be like diary entries, miss some days and continue from others you know? 

Feel free to check it out! It's on my page too. It's called 'before the void.' 

thoughts? — — > 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 1.2K 80
all in the title ;)
91.9K 1.9K 24
' 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒈𝒂�...
20.6K 585 27
ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ʜɪᴍ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴇ ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅꜱ... ʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀɴᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪʙʀᴀʀʏ... ʙᴏᴛʜ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ. mature language and some m...
28.4K 1.4K 42
"𝓑𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽" 𝘤�...