let me down slowly - wilbur s...

By poggerzz

the fate of this story is undecided. i no longer support wilbur soot and i completely stand by shelby and any... More

preface/face claims
*UPDATED* playlist
chapter 1- aubreyyxo
chapter 2- are you a witch?
chapter 3- skins
chapter 4- fancy her
chapter 5- one day
chapter 6- build mart
chapter 7- bullying nihachu gang
chapter 8- sky battle
chapter 9- think positive
chapter 10- game strategies
chapter 11- simpbur
chapter 12- battle box
chapter 13- party poopers
chapter 14- chug jug with you
chapter 15- swear train
chapter 16- whispers
chapter 17- 5 stages of grief
chapter 18- girl talk
chapter 19- texts
chapter 20- packing
chapter 21- karaoke
chapter 22- mcdonald's
chapter 23- target
chapter 24- coffee
chapter 25- for me?
chapter 26- mukbang
chapter 27- q&a
chapter 28- you're pretty
chapter 29- pleasant phone call
chapter 30- 8 ball
chapter 31- on my shoulder
chapter 32- leash
chapter 33- parents
chapter 34- forbidden journey
chapter 35- butterbeer
chapter 36- wand ceremony
chapter 37- wingardium leviosa
chapter 38- thinking about you
chapter 39- sleeping
chapter 40- someone else's star
chapter 41- whipped
chapter 42- goodbye
chapter 43- warning
chapter 44- feelings
chapter 45- the vlog
chapter 46- ex-boyfriend
chapter 47- hours
chapter 48- care
chapter 49- slow down
chapter 50- recording
chapter 51- sunshine
chapter 52 - lavender
chapter 53- love
chapter 54- movie
chapter 55- couch
chapter 57- talking to myself
chapter 58- ask away
chapter 59- picnic
chapter 60- crime and punishment
chapter 61- L bomb
chapter 62- out of the loop
chapter 63- imagine
chapter 64- parasocial relationship
chapter 65- incoming call
chapter 66- flowers
chapter 67- hold your hand
chapter 68- aphrodite
chapter 69- dance with me
chapter 70- pandering
chapter 71- twitter simps
chapter 72- speaker
chapter 73- trending
chapter 74- i love you more
chapter 75- text to speech
chapter 76- perfect
chapter 77- guilt
chapter 78- trust
epilogue - two worlds apart
alternate ending- our song

chapter 56- minecraft bed

4.2K 200 484
By poggerzz

after i'm finished recording that afternoon, i begrudgingly make my way back to my apartment. i have nothing else to do for the rest of the day, and though i'm feeling a little lonely, i don't want to pester my friends to hang out.

once i get inside the apartment and kick off my shoes, i immediately find myself laying on my bed, scrolling mindlessly through my phone.

at least, it was mindless until i got a notification.

aubreyyxo is live!: playing minecraft come join :D

i smile instinctively as i quickly tap the notification.

i'm greeted with a "stream starting soon" screen (am i really that early?) and soft lofi music playing in the background. after about five minutes, her beautiful face appears on the screen, and i squint my eyes.

i look at aubrey's outfit, which consists of a black knitted sweater on top of a white collared shirt, along with a few layered necklaces. i look down at my own outfit, which is also a dark knitted sweater under a white polo.

i smile so wide my cheeks hurt. it's like it's fate.

"hi chat! hi! how are we today?" she greets cheerily, waving her hands. i can spot the black ring on her left middle finger and take a look at my ring also resting on that same finger.

i type in her chat.

WilburSoot: I'm doing well aubreyyxo how are you

"wilbur!" aubrey says happily. "you're here! i thought you had recording this after- shit. was i not supposed to say that?"

the chat abrupts into panic after she says "recording" and i let out a hearty laugh.

WilburSoot: Well now they know something

WilburSoot: But that's okay. What do you plan on streaming for us today?

aubrey reads my message under her breath and giggles again, which causes me to let out a slight laugh in return. her laughter is so contagious, and it feels good seeing her happy. i can tell streaming brings out the best in her, which is exactly what she needs after what she's recently been through.

"i plan on streaming some minecraft today! i don't know if i wanna play survival or on a server though..." aubrey taps her chin in thought, then suddenly, a light bulb goes off in that wonderful mind of hers. "do you maybe wanna play with me?"

WilburSoot: YES!!!

i backspace the message right before i send it. i sound way too enthusiastic.

WilburSoot: sure why not

i backspace that message. now i sound way too unenthusiastic.

WilburSoot: i am in love with you

i sigh as i delete that message. now i'm just mindlessly typing as my mind tries to think of the perfect way to say yes.

"okay, if you're gonna give me the silent treatment then forget it! i revoke my offer." aubrey turns her chin away from her face cam and lets out a loud "hmph." this makes me freak out as i frantically type.

WilburSoot: MY PC IS LOADING PLEASE WAIT FOR ME

good job, wilbur. you took forever to respond because you didn't want to sound pathetic and desperate, but this is your worst response yet.

aubrey laughs loudly as she reads my message. at least she doesn't think anything of my outburst.

"alright alright! jesus!" she raises her hands, as if admitting defeat, as she waits for me to log on.

WilburSoot: i'm calling you on discord

"alright, i'll answer."

after about two rings, aubrey picks up the call.

"hi!" she greets.

"hello, aub-dawg," i reply, smirking to myself. she rolls her eyes and smiles.

"my minecraft is loading, it's almost done."

"alright, cool. do you wanna play survival and maybe try to beat the game? i was thinking about doing that since i've never actually beaten the game anymore," aubrey suggests as she changes her stream title to "playing minecraft with wilbur :D"

"yes, that sounds fun."

a brief moment of silence floods the atmosphere before i pipe up again.

"oh wait! i wanted to show you something."

this sparks aubrey's interest.

"oh? do share."

"look at discord."

i turn my camera on and wait for aubrey to check. when she finally does, she slaps a hand over her mouth.

"your outfit!" she says in shock.

"YOUR outfit!" i counter.

"we're twins!"

did i just get twin-zoned?

what kind of a zone even is that?

"yes... twins!"

i try to be enthusiastic and not show anything on my face. once i turn my camera off though, my lips form into a straight line.

i was going for the "look we're like a couple matching outfits omg haha so funny please date me" vibe, but clearly aubrey had something else in mind.

"my minecraft loaded!" i announce as aubrey types the server ip into our discord chat. i log into the world and aubrey's character is waiting for me at spawn.

"you're not in your lore outfit!" aubrey says out of the blue. i chortle and shake my head.

"what?" i respond through fits of laughter. "that was so random!"

"clearly you don't remember, but when we first met we were practicing mcc together, and you accidentally still had your 'lore skin' on, so you zoomed out of the mcc server to change it."

a blush creeps across my nose. how did i forget?

more importantly, how did she remember?

"you still remember that?" i ask, a smile evident in my voice.

"well duh, of course. that was the first time we met. i remember practically everything about that day. we also listened to your music together because tommy and tubbo ditched us."

the blush travels from only my nose to my entire face.

"yeah... i remember that now." aubrey smiles at my words and we start breaking trees. our quest to defeat the ender dragon has begun.

throughout the stream, we make casual conversation as aubrey reads some donos and subs. but one dono particularly peaks my interest.

"cara, thank you so much for the dono!" she says. "'are you and wilbur dating?'"

my eyes grow wide and my breath hitches.

"no no, we're not dating, chat. you guys are crazy. you play minecraft with a boy a few times and suddenly you're dating."

well THAT certainly wasn't the response i was looking for.

i groan as my mind wanders. i keep telling myself that i want a different response, but i never do anything to actually GET that different response.

and now that aubrey is single, what do i have to lose?

"she's in denial, chat," i say as smoothly as possible. the tapping of keys on aubrey's keyboard comes to an abrupt halt, and her minecraft character stops moving.

shit.

i'm dead.

"what does that even mean, weirdo?" aubrey asks nervously.

"it means..." i run over to a craft table next to aubrey and craft two beds.

i'm sure you can see where this is going.

"this is your bed." i place on bed down on the ground. "and this is my bed." i place the second bed directly next to the first.

aubrey gasps dramatically as her character crouches next to me.

"wilbur soot placed his minecraft bed next to mine..." she whispers.

"also..." i press the E key and open my inventory, and drop a purple flower out. it falls directly in front of aubrey and moves into her inventory.

"a flower? for me?" aubrey asks in a baby voice.

"flower for you!" i respond in the exact same tone as her.

"oh but wilbur... i have nothing to give you in return..."

"you don't have to give me anything, sweet-"

out of nowhere, a creeper appears behind aubrey.

"LOOK OUT!" i yell a little too loudly as i punch aubrey's character out of the way. we both start shouting, cursing, and running in a random direction.

once we've finally escaped the walking green bomb, we laugh.

"that was so scary. my heart genuinely fell out my arse" i say. this causes aubrey to snort, which makes me laugh, and we have to take a minute to recollect ourselves.

"you saved me! how can i ever thank you?" aubrey asks.

"make a new minecraft bed and put it next to mine." i craft one bed for me and set it down, waiting for aubrey to make hers.

"anything for you, my savior."

my stomach starts doing somersaults as aubrey crafts a bed and places it next to mine.

"you made yours blue..." i whisper, admiring the extra thought.

"yes! i love the minecraft blue," aubrey responds.

"me too."

aubrey's character once again crouches to mine, and stops when she's right in front of me. her head looks up at mine, and then does a slight nod. aubrey makes a kiss sound, then runs away.

DID SHE JUST-

my heart is in my throat. all i can do is stand there in shock, my mouth hanging open.

did she just make her minecraft character kiss me?

"did you just kiss me?" i ask.

"maybe," aubrey giggles.

"you didn't even give me a chance to kiss back."

my palms start sweating as soon as i say that. the words came tumbling out before i could even think about them.

"i could give you a chance right now, if you want."

my mind can't even form comprehensive thoughts. my mind genuinely feels like a keyboard smash, with my thoughts being a random jumble of nonsense and noise. if that even makes sense.

"i want to take that chance."

i see aubrey's character crouch back over to me, and my character crouches back. we approach each other slowly and stop when we're right in front of each other.

"on the count of three?" aubrey suggests.

"one," i say.

"two."

"THREE!"

we both make a kiss noise as our characters heads smack against each other. it definitely doesn't LOOK romantic, but i know that i'll be thinking about this moment for the next... lord knows how long.

the two of us giggle maniacally, and then i remember.

aubrey's live.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

elizabeth :) @lizluvsmcyt: the matching outfits... the flirting... the kissing... does anyone else think that #wilbrey is canon now? ;)

💬 610 🔁 1,371 ❤️ 4,879

(A/N: LKAJSHXJKLAHSDKL part of me thinks this chapter is so cringe but the other part of me loved writing is SO WE'RE JUST GONNA STICK WITH THE LATTER SO I DON'T DELETE THIS WHOLE THING LOLOLOL but how do we feel????? :D aubrey's finally really flirting back AND THEY EVEN HAD THEIR FIRST MINECRAFT KISS! eeeek i'm so excited for what's in store!! if you want to vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists i would be very appreciative :] love u all until the end of time!!)

(P.S. OFF TOPIC. BUT HOW WE FEELING ABOUT THE GEORGE AND SAPNAP MEETUP???? I LITERALLY FREAKED OUT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE I JOINED THE FANDOM IN JULY 2020 KLJAHSJKXHKASD <333)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO PRIME GODS AU READ DO I SHOOT HIM OR DO I AIM FOR THE SKIES FIRST! (A Friend From Another Life too, but it's not required.) (Y/N), and some...
223K 5.3K 40
(Tommyinnit X Reader) fluff "Yes it was short, set it was sweet, but it came from my music man, and he makes me complete." An American girl moves to...
483K 18.4K 65
⚠️TRIGGER WARNINGS⚠️ -eating disorder -self harm -suicidal thoughts -suicide ________________________ ☁️???????☁️ Tubbo meets a new friend named Ranb...
14.3K 544 20
Highest Rank: Number 1: TNT Duo The difference a single decision can make... c!Wilbur Soot has been a thorn in c!Quackity's side at Las Nevadas for...