The Hated Lady (HIATUS)

By Karryndellchill

Merrie Claire de Rosalind was hated by everyone ever since she was born: the servants, her parents, her broth... More

Chapter 1 : Reincarnation
Chapter 2 : Helping My Maid
Chapter 3: "Heal"
Chapter 4: A Fight Between Sibling
Chapter 5: Memory
Chapter 6: Silver Knight
Chapter 7: Kidnapped
Chapter 8: It's...Me?!
Chapter 9: Couldn't understand
Chapter 10: Two Rosalind
Chapter 11: Which one?
Chapter 12: Happy
Chapter 13: Cursed
Chapter 14: Save Liam
Chapter 15: Zedia Wallquinn
Chapter 16: One Year and Ten months
Chapter 17: Things had change
Chapter 19: Full Of Mystery
Chapter 20: No Way
Chapter 21: Change of Course
Chapter 22: Mysterious Paper
Chapter 23: Mysterious Paper(2)
Chapter 24: Mysterious Paper(3)
Chapter 25: Missing
Chapter 26: The Past
Chapter 27: The First Plan
Chapter 28: Bird In Cage
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30: Winner of a Game
Chapter 31: Feared Future
Chapter 32: Food Taste Bland

Chapter 18: Out of Control

1K 49 0
By Karryndellchill

Chapter 18:

Out of Control
<><><>

"Well that was embarrassing.." Liam said as he break the embrace and brush the tip of his eyes.

"Don't be, everyone deserves a time out once in a while."

"I think you the one who deserve that. Today is rough day for you, knowing that you missed a few years of your life is not an easy thing to take on." His eyes were full of concern, "Now that I thought of it, it's a lot more embarrassing that I'm the one who has a mental breakdown."

Merrie gives an awkward smile; Well, not if you already skip death three to four times...
"I don't think the part where I missed a few years of my life is bothersome."

Liam was surprised, "Oh.. Really? What does?"

Merrie eyelash lowered, "That...things change.." she continue, "Nothing else matter but the people I care, and they changed..."

"That happens..."

"Yeah, but not in a blink of an eye! You know...that day is like yesterday to me."

Liam was silent for a while before he smile, "How about I teach you about everything that happened in that few years!"

Merrie beam, "Really?!"

Like asking for a praised, Liam proudly said. "Of course, because I'm the Tower Lord, I know everything!"

"Woah!!" And Liam get the reaction he wanted, "Since when? How? Why didn't tell me- ah wait I was asleep. Nevermind! Tell me!!" Merrie eye's sparkled in curiosity.

Liam chuckle, "Of course you didn't change!"

She roll her eye."Yes I know, now tell me!"

Liam shrugged, "Long story, tomorrow I'll show you."

"Oh I can't wait."

"Now, give me the best question you have?"

Merrie fold her arm and think for few second, "Ummmm, what happened right after I lost consciousness?"

Liam smug face instantly disappeared, "... That's a good question..." He continue, "Right after that....Lisya kinda...uh try to committed suicide."

Merrie both eyes and mouth open wide in shock, "What?!"

Liam let Merrie calmed down a bit before continue, "....but then the former Duchess soul suddenly appear and knock Lisya's sword with magic."

Merrie was bewildered that she didn't even asked about the former Duchess, "B-but- Why?!"

"Knowing Lisya it because her promise with you." His words bare no emotion as his sight locked on the floor.

"I made no such promise with her!" Her voice almost scream.

""Always stay beside me"" Liam made a tone as if rehearsing a line. "I hear it's something like that."

"But I meant it as in my lifetime!"

"She's sometimes senseless almost stupid, but she's not dump enough to mistook the meaning behind your promise. That decision made because of her selfishness." The last sentence was said with a cold tone.

"Liam!" Merrie was even more surprised at his words.

Liam face immediately turn to normal, "It's a guess." He smile.

Yeah, they're definitely fighting..

Merrie tried to spill more information about the two current relationship but Liam would switch the topic and put in an interesting topic. Merrie unconsciously take the bait and was in awe of the interesting topic Liam brought in.

When Merrie realize she's distracted, Liam would counterattack it with a more interesting topic. And the circle continue before a knock disturb their conversation.

Merrie walk to the door and pulled open the doorknob, it's Lisya. Merrie smile until she remember that Liam is inside.

"Pardon for my disturbance, M'lady. It would just be quick." Lisya gaze didn't meet Merrie's. "Just out here."

Merrie hear a footsteps coming towards her, she immediately know it's Liam. Merrie didn't have the chance to react as Lisya continue, "I decided to leave this country."

The step stop, "What?" Liam voice was low but anguish.

This time Merrie was quick, "Wait!" She yelled, "Can we just discussed this issue?"

"I don't think that's gonna work. The last time we try to discuss things we make a messed out of the guest room." Liam said with an annoyed tone.

Merrie eyelids twitched rapidly. She went to search for one of twin this afternoon and she stumble upon a room with vines creep out at every small holes and tangled the room's furniture as water from the melted ice wet the floor that cover at every corner of the surface.

Suddenly she didn't want them to be here at all, imagine what they could do to her room... Merrie immediately shake that thought. "No, try to talk things out! Do both want things to stay this way?"

Nobody respond. Merrie continue, "Lisya! Do you really want to leave us, especially Liam? Why do you suddenly want to leave?"

"Because now you're awake M'lady I can be certain that you're in good health, this is the time for me to level up the investigation." Lisya said with a stiff smile.

Merrie raise a brow, "How's that the reason? Beside, this time around is where I need you the most. Please tell me truth."

Lisya raise her head to meet Merrie face, she later realize it was a mistake. Because seeing her helpless face make it almost impossible for her to speak any lies.

She softly sigh, "Because.... I think it's better that I disappear, it's better then staying here and make Liam hate me more." Lisya said the last sentence almost a whisper.

"And you thought doing this made me forgive you?!" Liam was beyond angry.

"No!" Lisya yelled helplessly. "I know you can never forgive me! That's why not seeing me everyday is better for you!"

"Why do you always decide what better for me or not! And NO! Abandoning me isn't and would never make me feel any better!"

"I'M NOT ABANDONING YOU!!"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS???"

"IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU HATE ME BEING HERE!!!"

"Stop before you destroy my room!!" Merrie scream from between the two.

The two turn to her with mixed emotions, "We won't fight." They said that but the expression on their face says that they are a second away to split the mountain apart.

"Just...calm yourself....the guards are considering to check on us if both of you didn't stop yelling at eachother." Merrie said again.

Now the two were confused and raise a brow, "How did you know?" Liam asked.

"It is the patrol time..." Lisya know the schedule of the guards because of her position, but how did Merrie who just awake know of it.

Merrie also just notice how weird it is but she discard thought, "That's not important now!" She continue, "Let me ask you both first!"

"Feel free to try." Liam said.

"Ok! Liam, what's the real reason you're mad at her?"

"It's because Lisya didn't care about me at all, that explains why she didn't even ask me when she try to kill herself."

Before anyone could say anything Merrie said, "Lisya, do you really try to kill yourself?" That's was the only question that dangling in her mind from the moment she heard the news, because Lisya care about Liam more then anyone in the world. It's not possible that she would leave him.

Lisya was silent. She sigh as she open her mouth, "I did...but I stop."

"Liar! I saw it!" Liam scream. He didn't believe it.

"I knew it!" Merrie whisper in relief.

Lisya heard her words and interpreter it in the wrong way. She got on her knees, "I know I'm a disgrace M'lady. For what you've done for us, you deserve to be repay for more then my life."

Merrie mind scream; how does her brain works?! "That is not what I meant! I-"

Liam voice interfere, "You don't even have the rights to repay her! Who you think she saved that day?? I'm the one who supposed to do that!"

Lisya stand up,"Exactly, you're the one whose been saved! It makes the whole saving thing meaningless if you kill yourself anyway!"

"How do you think I can live with myself after that?? I didn't even asked to be saved!!"

"It's all my fault! Everything wouldn't happened if I wasn't so stupid!"

"Well we two could play at that game! It's also all my fault! The whole thing wouldn't happened if I wasn't so foolish and reckless!"

"What do you want to happened that day actually???"

"I want us to do everything together! From fighting together, escaping together, to dying together! I too owe Merrie a lot, i wouldn't be so mad if you ask me to do it with you!"

"What?!" The conversation take a very weird turn that Merrie couldn't help but scream.

To Merrie surprised, Lisya didn't lecture Liam about his weird way of thinking but instead said, "...is that what you're mad about?"

"Isn't that supposed to be obvious?? You can't even promise me that!"

"Liam, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to ignore or even hurt your feelings. You're always been my beloved brother, you mean the world to me."

Liam didn't say anything, his gaze rest on the floor. Lisya continue, "I promise." She continue, "I promise whatever happened we'll always do things together, like before."

Liam, after almost been the whole year since the accident, he finally give Lisya a sincere smile. ".......Okay.... I'll forgive you."

As soon as his smile and words hit her, Lisya immediately hug him as she burst into tears.

Meanwhile at the background, Merrie was in distressed. It would be a happy conclusion if not the two agreed to serve their life on a silver plate on her name if the same situation happen again... She feel conflicted.

The two have a little chat with a smile plastered on their face, Merrie heart lifted. The problems maybe solve in a weird way and she will definitely confront them about it but, they got a long again it's all that matters.

"Lady Merrie." Liam called.

"Just call me Merrie." Merrie said automatically.

"No, I should call you Lady Merrie from where we stand."

"No no no, it's unlike you to call me that."

"I insist." Liam said firmly. But his playful tone return, "Well... Maybe just for official event, I'll still call you Merrie."

Merrie sigh in relief, "Good... " She continue, "So why do you called?"

"We've been talking and we decided to redo the vow." Lisya said.

Merrie almost ask about what vow, but then she remember the vow she randomly made to make it seem her help is out of random pity. "Yeah that one. Is there something wrong with it?"

"Even though you said the right sentence but you didn't do the most important part of the vow." Liam said.

"To seal it with magic." Lisya said. "So we thought we should resume the ritual today."

Without much thought Merrie agree, "Okay." Like, nothing could go wrong with a simple vow. With that, Merrie made one of the biggest mistake of her three lifetime.

The two twin went on their knees, Merrie somehow immune to this excessive action and she just follow their lead and take their extended hand.

"We vow to the Gods of Light and the Shadow ; that we, Lisya Edresia Wilson and Liam Edrillenasel Wilson, shall do as our vow or our soul will perish and never be reincarnated again" The first were the same line Merrie blurted before, but the two continue, "For this lifetime, our soul will always beside Merrie Claire De Rosalind, and protect her from danger with our life." The two said in unison.

Merrie eyes widen open, before she could yank back her hand, a visual light of the vow sentence appear in mid air. For that moment she could sense two hand behind her back, she look back to see both Lisya and Liam with their body was none-exist and was in the colour of their Bless. It's their soul as proof of their vow.

The vow ritual ended. It was too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 3.9K 54
She was a child formed from the union between a highly successful and charming Chinese man and an intelligent and witty black woman. Although this un...
20.8K 804 52
Isabella is a school girl belonging to a middle class group family. One day when she was going home after school to continue her game, on a crossroad...
133K 6.9K 60
In a post-apocalyptic world where men are Omegas, and women are Alphas... Crushed by a bus, Quinn should be dead. But she'd woken up in the body of...
817K 30.1K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...