Wish Upon A Fading Star

By zoeyy_2919

What a lucky Malia to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Announcement
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
CHITCHAT
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
APPRECIATION
New Book!

Chapter 26

674 58 23
By zoeyy_2919

Irene POV:

Pinaghalong sakit at lungkot and nadarama namin sa ngayon. Specially the mom of Oliver, imagine losing your only son sa isang iglap lang without noticing something like that will just occur to happen.

All of us are in mourn right now. Malia on the other hand, is in the morgue together with the mom of Oliver talking to him at nagbabakasakaling, they could return the time. Almost an hour nagtagal si Lia sa loob. I was also there inside earlier and want to stay with Malia but she insist na mapag-isa muna then Cathy came on.

Their friends already headed home and told Malia, that they'll come back tomorrow. Just a few second of watching the two inside, Malia's already heading here outside. Pagkalabas nito ay lumabas na rin si Cathy.

"We can stay here ni Lia, Cathy" I said as Lia sat in the chair.

"It's okay Irene, I can handle this. Also your dear Malia needs to rest, I'll just sign the papers and d-death certificate" she answered and couldn't handle to cry again and as a result I hugged her.

When we broke the hug, I asked her if where's the father of Oliver. Siya lang kasi mag-isa ang narito since earlier.

"He's already at peace Irene" hearing those words form her made me shock. Kung sa akin siguro nangyare yun ay I don't know what's the purpose of me living in this world anymore.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry-"

"I-it's okay lang Irene. Both of you ni Lia should headed home na. I'll update her na lang. And I just want to tell you something pala Irene" she concur.

"S-sure Cathy, we can lend help to you anytime-"

"Please be there on Lia whatever may happen. Your daughter's so strong and the urge of her not crying in front of my son even she already wants to. And most especially she was my son's inspiration in life to keep fighting despite of cystic fibrosis he had. Kung kailan okay na ang anak ko and his disease was already cured, tsaka pa siya kukunin. I know that it hurts a lot but alam kong may plano ang Panginoon kung bakit niya nagawa to"

"I will take care of my daughter Cathy, lalo na ngayon na may dinadala itong sakit. And yes, I know that God has a plan on you kung bakit niya ito nagawa. But please if you need help, we're always one call away okay?" I said at nagpaalam nang umalis na ganoon rin si Lia.

"Mauna na po kami tita, I want to stay but it looks like both of you ni mommy doesn't allow me" Lia respond and hugged Cathy.

"Of course Lia, I can handle this na. Just pray on Oliver's soul" Cathy replied and both of us ni Lia ay pumasok na ng elevator to parking lot.

The whole time she's very quiet, hanggang nasa loob na kami ng sasakyan ay ganoon din. Greggy's already waiting us in the house for he didn't make it to come here.

I looked at her while I'm driving and it looks like na nag-iiwas ito ng tingin sa aking as a result that her gaze is outside.

"Anak, you want us to drive through JCO?" I asked her.

She just shook her head as an answer kaya hindi ko na pinilit and we directly headed home for I assume that she already needs to rest.

When we entered the house, Greggy hugged her and Lia just made a bitter smile.

"We're here lang ni mommy mo anak" Greggy said and Lia just nodded.

"Doon ka na lang matulog sa amin anak" I concur but she insist that she needs to be alone, kaya pinagbigyan ko na. I want to comfort her, but she's literally showing that she can handle herself and kung pipilitin ko man ito ay baka mainip na at mas lalong bibigat ang dinaramdam nito lalo na sa ngayon.

"I'm going to sleep na po. If you need something just knocked on my door lang. Goodnight" she remarked and directly headed upstairs.

"But anak-" when Greggy suddenly hold my hand and signal na hayaan ko na lang.

"O-okay anak, g-godnight and I love you" I said pero parang wala lang narinig ito kaya hinayaan ko na lang.

"How is she?" Greggy then asked me.

"I know that even she's quiet, I'm sure that she's in pain too. She was the dream and inspiration of Oliver, it's fine for me kung meron nga silang dalawa. I know he's been with our daughter through her hardest moment, he gave the comfort the we didn't gave to Lia"

"I'm so sorry for I didn't make it to be there kanina hon" he remarked.

"It's fine Greggy, but I'm in thoughts na kung ano na nanaman ang magiging patungo ni Lia sa atin. I assure you that she's going to be cold. And it's our duty to comfort her, kita mona. Ngayon pa lang I know that she needs us pero hindi manlang natin siya matulogan"

"I know Irene, but things will get worse if pipilitin siya. Let us allow what she wants right now, kung gusto niya mapag isa. Let her be. Tomorrow, we'll talk to her okay?" he quote and I just nod as an answer.

"How about you hon? How are you?" he suddenly said.

"O-okay lang ako hon, a little bit exhausted"

"Let's get some rest na" sabi nito and held my arm to the room para makapag pahinga na.

It's already 3am in the morning but my conscience couldn't lend me to sleep. I'm overthinking for the situation of Malia on the other side of the room. What's happening na kaya sa kabila? Baka naman ay tulog na? O baka naman-

"Stop that nonsense Irene" I thought to myself while Greggy's sleeping comfortably beside me.

"Just check on her honey" I was taken aback when he suddenly spoke.

"Oh hon! So sorry for I keep on moving, nagising pa tuloy kita"

"It's fine hon, I'm in worry na sayo kasi nakatulog na ako and then you, not yet pa. You want us to visit her in her room na lang?" he asked me kaya I nodded immediately as a response.

Nang naka labas na kami ng room and already knocking at Malia's door ay wala kaming natanggap ni boses nito o pagbuksan manlang kami ng pinto.

"Greggy" the only word I said for I was already nervous on what's happening to Lia inside.

He hurriedly open the drawer beside the vase at salamat na lang ay naroon pa ang susi ng room ni Lia.

When he successfully opened the door, all we just saw is that Malia's sleeping and she's facing on the other side.

Kaya nilapitan ko ito and thank God she didn't do anything that can harm herself, for sometimes when she wants to feel things and she's lonely. She do things that can eventually hurt herself just to make her alive, for she did that when she was in 9th grade. When one of her classmate died and we didn't got enough time to comfort her. I know that she's not been doing that in the present, but we don't know. The scar were still there on her arm, it symbolizes the pain she's been going through and the need of our responsibility that she needs to. But we failed to protect her as her parent in past. That's why mas pinatutuunan ko na ng attensyon siya sa ngayon. Mabuti na lang noong pinagalitan ko ito ay hindi niya nagawa ulit.

I stroke her hair while Greggy's watching the both of us.

"See, nothing wrong happened hon. You want us to sleep in here na lang?" daig nito.

"Can we?"

"Sure, walang problema" he said at pina gitnaan na namin si Lia to already sleep, lalo na ako for it almost 2am at hindi pa ako nakatulog simula kanina.

"I'm so glad you didn't do anything anak. Mommy and daddy loves you, forever" I said and kissed her on the forehead tsaka niyakap ito. Greggy's also hugging her.

An hour passed by, I sensed that Lia moved towards me. And was shocked for she's crying in her sleep, baka ay nananaginip lang.

I wiped her tears and said that I'm here beside her.

Mas hinigpitan nito ang yakap sa akin.

"Please d-don't l-leave m-me" banggit nito which made me alarmed kaagad.

"Hey Lia honey. Mommy's here, wake up" I said at wala pa ring tigil ang pagtulo ng mga luha nito.

Gigisingin ko na sana si Greggy when suddenly she's on quiet na at hindi na ito umiiyak. Baka nananaginip lang.

"I love you" she note and hugged me again.

"I love you too Lia" I replied while caressing her face and looking up to it.

Ilang minuto ay nakatulog na din ako until the morning came by. Greggy left a note on the night stand saying that he went for a jog lang. Then Malia on the hand, her position's still the same from last night.

"Morning" when someone suddenly spoke from behind. It was Greggy pala, maybe he's done jogging na.

"Oh hi, morning too hon" I replied and both of us are just staring Lia.

"She's so peaceful when sleeping"

"Indeed, she is" I quote.

"I'll just cook lang hon, tutulungan kona si manang. Para timing na pagkagising ni Lia ay kakain na tayo" dagdag kopa at nagtungo na sa ilalim.

Manang and I prepared the meals na pati na rin ang mesa. But up until now, Lia's not awake yet for it's already 9:30am. Kaya napag desisyunan ko na puntahan and to wake her up na.

When I'm on my way upstairs. Nagkasalubong kami ni Greggy and it looks like that he's on formal attire. Perhaps he has a meeting today that's very important, kung hindi naman ganoon ka importante ay hindi nama ito dadalo.

"Hon! I presume that you have a meeting?" I said.

He took a deep breathe before answering, I know that he's already disappoint for he missed the bond of the three of us.

"Yes hon, I don't want to attend for it's not that significant meeting naman. But they want me to be there, I'll come back soon I promise"

"Sure honey, I'll wake up Lia lang. Don't worry we still have a lot of time to bond" ans smile.

"Thank you" was all he said and kissed me.

"Sure" I replied and then his phone rungs that he suddenly signaled that he's already living.

When I entered the room of Lia, ganoon pa din ang posisyon ng kanyang pagtulog simula kanina. Maybe she's already used to be in this position.

"Lia honey" I quote as I caressed her face.

"Lia, wake up na anak. Let's have breakfast"

"Lia" dagdag ko nang hawakan kona ang kamay nito para magising kaagad. But she's not still moving.

"Malia" paulit kong dagdag at ganoon pa din.

"Malia!" hindi ko sinasadya na pagtaasan ng boses ito, yet nothing's happening.

Nilapitan kona ito and sense that she's already not breathing.

"Oh God!" I thought to myself and check if she has still pulse pero wala na ito.

"Malia anak please wake up" I shout and shake her arms but nothing still happening. Kaya wala na akong magagawa, just to perform a cpr on her. Perhaps she's having a sleep apnea.

As a result, I tilt her head back and lift the chin until her teeth's already touching upon it. I tried to look and listen for her breathing, pero wala talaga.

I pinch her nose closed and cover her mouth with my mine. Then gave her a two full breathes. Ganoon pa rin, walang nangyayare, then I gave her thirty chest compressions.

"Manang!" I shout na kung wala pa ring manyayare ay isusugod na namin siya sa hospital.

I tried mouth to mouth on and thirty compressions again. Pero hindi pa rin gumagana, hanggang sa dumating si manang.

"Yes ma'am?" kinakabahang sambit nito at mas lalong lumala nang nakita nito si Lia.

"Sabihan mo ang driver na ihanda ang sasakyan at tulungan ako rito for we'll bring Lia to the hospital" I said at dali-dali naman nitong sabihan si manong driver na nasa garden pa.

I continue doing cpr to Lia, until I was shocked for what happened.

"Ahhhh!" she shouted at hingal na hingal ito na para bang nalunod.

"M-mommy!" she added and hugged me.

"Lia anak!" I respond and caressed her back.

Hingal na hingal pa rin ito habang yumayakap and I just continue comforting her until manong and manang are already outside of her room. I signaled them na okay na, na sila namang naginhawaan ng matiwasay at iniwan muna kami.

"H-hey, look at mommy. You're fine, everythings okay" I said as she looked at me deeply. Mga titig na nangangamba at puno ng takot.

"I-I was about to come with lolo daddy but they both ni Oliver pushed me. They don't want me to be with them"

"W-what do you mean anak?" for I was shocked upon what she had told me.

"T-the light! The light took them from me mommy. W-where's Oliver? You know him right? He's the one na naghatid sa akin dito, where is he?" she then panicky said.

Then she get her phone from her nightstand and started calling Oliver's number.

"Why he's not answering?"

Naka ilang tawag at pabalik-balik ito ng tungo. Then I already want to tell her about what happened last night. Hind ba't nandoon din siya kagabi?

"Hey honey calm down. I have something to say" I spoke while caressing her arm, pero patuloy pa rin ito sa kanyang ginagawa.

"Wha-, why he's not answering my call-"

"Malia Victoria calm down!" hindi ko sinasadyang mapagtaasan ng boses ito at nang bigla nga itong napantindig ng deretso and it looks like I scared her.

"I don't want you to hear the words I want to tell anak, but remember last night?" I state and then she suddenly dropped her phone and we're just exchanging glances from each other until she's already crying.

As a result I approached and hugged her.

"Your lolo daddy and Oliver are in paradise already" I state.

A/N: It's been a while hehehe..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752 54 3
❝ you made me love detention, the only way i could see the loml. ❞
Dream Land By Ali

Fanfiction

3.3K 182 7
Grief is a lonely emotion that inherently has strong feelings. Pain is the proof of life. Pain lives inside us. Our lives come to an end with pain...
88K 10.3K 73
I met you in a bad situation. You changed me until I fall inlove with you "Wipe her tears when I'm gone"-Frances "Nag pahinga na ang pahinga ko"-Jayd...
37.2K 2.5K 30
A story of a lady living in a bed of roses, an international model, she have it all like literally all she wants and all she needs are provided. A co...