Unwavering (Ichika Nakano x M...

By Franzel_Red

Volume 1: The story is set in the 3rd year of high school for Ichika Nakano. It's the moment where Fuutarou f... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Cutting Ties
Chapter 2 - A Friend in Need
Chapter 3 - Realization
Chapter 4 - A Recollection of the Past
Chapter 5 - Photograph
Chapter 6 - Gamble
Chapter 7 - Acceptance
Chapter 8 - Moving back
Chapter 9 - Pool
Chapter 10 - Deal
Chapter 11 - Fix you
Chapter 12 - Intimacy
Chapter 13 - Family Matters
Chapter 14 - Easing up
Chapter 15 - Preparations
Chapter 16 - The Sunrise Festival
Chapter 18 - The Quintessential Quintuplets💛💜💙💚❤️
Chapter 19 - Festival's End
Chapter 20 - What lies ahead
Vol 2. Prologue - Wish
Vol 2. Ch. 21 - Anew
Vol 2. Ch 22 - Departure
Vol. 2 Ch 23 - Adapt
Vol 2. Ch 24 - Too close for comfort
Vol. 2 Ch. 25 - Trust
Vol. 2 Ch. 26 - Camping Trip
Vol. 2 Ch. 27 - Realization
Vol. 2 Ch. 28 - What Lies Behind
Vol. 2 Ch. 29 - Thoughts
Vol. 2 Ch. 30 - Viewpoint
Vol. 2 Ch. 31 - Compromise
Vol. 2 Ch. 32 - A Recollection of her Past
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.1 - Love, Lies, and Sins
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.2 - Regrets and Reconciliation
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.3 - Three Words; Two People; One Mother
Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Uneasiness
Vol. 2 Ch. 34 - Cope
Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - As the End Begins
Vol 2. Ch 36 - Your dream for me
Vol. 2 Ch. 37 - Her Children
Vol. 2 Ch. 38 - As Their World Caves In
Vol. 2 Ch. 39 - Fleeting Moments
Vol. 2 Ch. 40 - Grateful
Unwavering

Chapter 17 - 2nd day of the Sunrise Festival

793 66 3
By Franzel_Red

[(Y/N)'s POV]

"Miku!" Nino voiced out.

"I'm... I'm okay... I just feel really tired..."

"Let's get you home okay?" I uttered.

"Yeah, let's call it a day" Nino added.

I helped Miku get up and Nino walked with us until we arrived at the school's exit.

"Wait for me here, alright? I'll be back in a bit. Let me girls drive you home."

I hurried towards my car. I called Seiji and asked him to just keep an eye on my stuff that I'll be leaving at the room since my priority is to drop off the girls. I drove towards the exit where I left Miku and Nino. I get out of the car and opened the door for them.

"Here, get in."

"Thank you (Y/N)..." Miku said with a faint voice.

"Shh... Don't wear yourself down anymore... Just take it easy..."

The girls both head inside. Miku leaned on Nino's shoulders and I proceeded to drive them home. Some time passed and we have arrived at the penthouse. Nino helped Miku get to her room and I just waited on the couch. Moments later and Nino went downstairs.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's okay now... I think she really just needs some time to rest..."

"That's a relief then..." I sighed.

"Thank you for bringing us home... I was really worried I didn't know what to do..." Nino looked really worried.

"Hey... It's alright now. It's been a long day; you take some rest too." I smiled at Nino.

"Thank you (Y/N)... If possible, don't let Ichika know... She'll be worried sick... Besides, Miku's all good now."

"I see... If that's what you decided, then I won't."

"Thank you..."

"Don't mention it. Anyways, I'll be going back to school now as well. Just let me know if there's something you girls need, okay?"

"We'll sure do. Thank you again."

I went back to school to finish up with the tasks I left. With that, the first day of the Sunrise Festival has officially ended. A lot of things happened with just the first day be it the festivities, the fiasco that happened with Itsuki, Fuutraou's sudden announcement, or Miku's incident. I just hope that the second day would be better.

The 2nd day of the Sunrise Festival has finally arrived. Just like the first day, there are a lot of visitors and the stalls, shops, and other activities are very occupied. I wasn't able to get some pancakes from the stall that the quints handle so I thought it would be the best time to get one.

I started to walk in the direction of the stall until I saw Nino and Itsuki. It looks like they're talking about something.

"Very annoying!" I overheard Nino's rant.

"Sup girls!" I smiled at them

"Hi (Y/N)!" Itsuki replied.

"Hey (Y/N)." Nino uttered.

"Is something the matter?"

"Oh tell me about it!" Nino protested.

"So, what happened?"

"Nino had a bad exchange of words with a guy from another class." Itsuki tried to explain.

"Well, it wasn't my fault that he was annoying as hell! If he answered my simple question, it wouldn't have turned out like this!" Nino said.

"I see... Did he do something bad?"

"N—No..." Nino muttered.

"Okay, but I understand that it must've been annoying for you. I hope you can cool your head down soon. Anyways, I'll be buying some pancakes since I wasn't able to buy one yesterday."

"Got it. See you around (Y/N)" Itsuki mentioned.

"Yeah, see you" Nino added.

The stall wasn't that far from where the two were standing. I arrived at the stall but wasn't able to find Miku. She might be doing something important at this time. I waited for my turn since there was a bit of line that was built up. My turn came and I bought some pancakes. Since I have nothing to do yet, I decided to eat the pancakes near the stall.

Some time passed and I saw Nino walking with Itsuki. It looks like they're heading towards the pancake stall.

"Are you feeling a bit better now?" I asked Nino.

"Yeah... Sorry about that... I was just really annoyed." Nino replied.

"Don't worry about it! It happens to the best of us!" I tried to cheer her up.

"Yeah, thank you—EH!?" Nino was shocked while Itsuki looked confused.

She was looking at the person behind me. I turned around. I found Fuutarou with a girl who has black hair and waiting a hairclip.

"Thank you for always looking after our Fuutarou" the girl bowed and pushed Fuutarou's back to force him to bow his head as well.

"Our?" Itsuki asked.

"And who might you be?" Nino said in an irritated voice.

"Hello, my name is Takebayashi. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm a classmate of Fuutarou's from elementary school." Takebayashi replied.

"Is that right? We're his classmates too, but we also have a tutor-student relationship. It wouldn't be an overstatement to say our relationship goes beyond simply being classmates." Nino sounded like she was implying something.

"Oh really? What a coincidence! I used to teach Fuutarou too!" Takebayashi excitingly held Nino's hands.

"It's shocking when the problem child who never listens to anyone comes to you for help, huh?" she added.

"They're actually my students" Fuutarou commented.

"Is that so? Then that makes everything as clear as day. Deciding who's closer to him. Between you and me that is." Takebayashi looked at Nino and sounded like she was retaliating against her.

"If what you said is true, then you've helped us as well, albeit indirectly. When it comes to how long you've known him, we can't compare. But, if we're discussing the depth of our relationship, then we don't have any intention of losing." Itsuki started to join in the conversation.

"You guys... You're embarrassing me a little bit so cut it out..." Fuutarou interjected. "And also, Takebayashi, don't tease them too much. These guys are some of the few friends I have. That makes every one of them special to me." He added.

Nino and Itsuki looked taken aback by what Fuutarou just said.

"You really did grow up." She told Fuutarou. "Sorry, you two. I'll have one pancake, please." She added while looking at Nino and Itsuki.

"O—okay." Itsuki replied.

After Takebayashi got the pancakes, she went ahead and left the stall. Fuutarou is about to follow Takebayashi when Nino called his attention.

"Fuu-kun! My feelings will never change!" Nino declared.

Fuutarou looked at him and didn't say anything. He then proceeded to follow Takebayashi.

"Well... That was... Interesting..." I tried to start a conversation.

"I swear! We won't lose to her!" Nino exclaimed.

"Yeah..." Itsuki mentioned.

"Anyways, I'll be going back to our class in the meantime. If by any chance you need my help or anything, just let me know, alright?"

"Yeah, thanks (Y/N)!" Nino said.

"Thank you (Y/N)! We'll let you know." Itsuki added.

I went back to our classroom to assist my classmates with the Costume booth. Everything went smoothly with our booth which is very good news. My classmates already know what to do especially if some error happens or if they need to adjust something with the equipment. Some time passed and Seiji decided to take a break. My classmates said that they can handle the rest so I went with Seiji.

"I'm hungry! I think I want some pancakes! I saw the girl from the broadcast earlier trying to advertise their stall. You're friends with her right?" Seiji mentioned.

"Yeah, she's Miku. She's the third among the quintuplets. We can go there no if you like."

"That's a great idea! Let me treat you! Because of your help, everything's going great with the photo booth."

"Thanks man. But it's you guys' hard work as well. I'll take you up on your offer though!" I teased.

We proceeded to the pancake stall and found that Nino is the one preparing. She looked like she was thinking about something.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Hmm? Oh, (Y/N)! Sorry about that. How many pancakes do guys want?" Nino asked.

"Well, my friend here will treat me so I'll take one."

"One for me as well!" Seiji added.

"Alright! Coming right up!" Nino replied.

"But are you okay? If you don't mind. You looked a bit out of it when I saw you..."

"Yeah... I was hoping that Papa would come today... But as always... He doesn't have time because of work... I even sent him an invitation with Yotsuba's help..." Nino looked dejected.

"I see... That can be really upsetting... But maybe he'll come later? Have you tried to call him?"

"I haven't... I don't plan on calling him either..."

"I understand. Well, for what it's worth, I hope he visits today so he can see how hardworking you are!"

"Thanks (Y/N)... Anyways, here are your pancakes. Thank you!"

"Thanks as well!"

After we got our pancakes, Seiji and I decided to walk around the school. It was around noon and we sat on one of the benches to get some break. We finished eating the pancakes and we thought that it would be best to get back. While walking, I saw someone familiar in front of us from a couple of feet away. It was Yotsuba. Something seemed odd about her. It also looked like she was talking to someone.

"Isn't that one of the quints?" Seiji asked.

"Yeah, that's Yotsuba. She's the fourth among the quintuplets. She's the most energetic one. It looks like she's been very—"

I stopped mid-sentence when I was shocked with what happened next. Yotsuba collapsed on the ground.

"Yotsu—Yotsuba!" I screamed while I ran towards her as fast as I can.

"NO, NO, NO! This can't be happening!"

"Seiji! Please get the car for me. Here's the key." I tossed the key to Seiji.

"Alright alright! I'll meet you at the school's gate!" Seiji replied.

[Ichika's POV]

"You're horrible! You can't keep sweet-talking like that!" I slapped him.

"Okay! Nice one! We're good!" The director exclaimed.

The shooting just finished. I approached my co-actor to check on him. I got a bit worried because his face really looked like it got a good slapping from me. I might've overdone it.

"A—Are you okay...?" I asked.

"Ichika-chan, you seem kinda used to this...?" He replied.

"S—Sorry about that..."

"It's okay! I don't mind. It's part of the job."

"Thank you for your understanding."

Since the shoot's finished, I decided to prepare myself to go home.

"I put in some good work today. Now back to my hotel to sleep..."

While heading for the exit, my attention was called by one of the staff.

"Ichika-chan, I got some bad news. Some just called... And today's the second day of the school festival, right? Apparently, your sister collapsed there."

I wasn't able to say anything right after. A lot of things came rushing to my mind when I heard the last sentence. My heart started to race and I began to feel a cold sweat on my body. Without any hesitation, I asked to be dropped off at the hospital where my sister is confined to. Some time passed and arrived at the said hospital. I opened the room and found Yotsuba lying on the bed. I saw (Y/N) as well and it looks like she was taking care of my sister.

"Hon?" He asked.

I wasn't able to say anything. I felt a bit weak and I just walked towards him. He then gave me a hug.

"Don't worry anymore... Everything's fine now. The doctor said that she collapsed due to exhaustion..." (Y/N) explained.

"I was worried sick! The only thing I thought to do was to come here as fast as possible."

"I understand hon. You have the right to be since it's your sister we're talking about. But she's all good now. The doctor said that she just needs some rest."

"Thank you... Thank you so much... I don't know what to do if something really bad happens to her... Or to any of you..."

"Don't worry, okay? It's all good now..."

He gave me a tight hug. It was then interrupted when someone called (Y/N)'s phone.

"Hello?" he asked. "Yes sir..."

"Is that dad?" I asked.

He gave me a nod.

"Yes, they all know. I also have Ichika with me." He said. "Okay, I'll put the phone on speaker."

He then proceeded to placed the phone on speaker.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes dad." I replied.

"How's Yotsuba doing?"

"She's doing okay now sir. The doctors here said that it happened due to exhaustion."

"I see... What's important is that she's doing okay now... Ichika, don't overwork yourself as well..."

I was surprised by dad's remark. I'm not used to this kind of conversation with him.

"Y—Yes dad... I won't..."

"Good. And (Y/N)..."

"Yes sir?" (Y/N) replied.

"Thank you for acting fast and for taking care of my daughter."

"No problem sir. Anyone would've done the same."

"Alright, if something happens, let me know."

"I understand sir."

The phone call ended. We both decided to take a seat to get some breather.

"Are you all good now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was just really worried."

"I know... I'm just really glad that I was there when this happened. Fortunate enough, Seiji was with me too so I got help from him as well."

"Thank you hon... Really..." I held his hand.

"Don't mention it. I told you right? I'll keep an eye on them" He smiled.

"Yeah... Thank you..." I gave him a hug.

Some time passed and I decided that it would be the best time to get home.

"Alright hon, let me get you home. It's already a bit late. I'll drive you to your hotel."

"Thank you hon."

We exit the room and we found Fuutarou with Nino.

"So you're here too, Ichika." Nino said.

"Yeah... I got a call and I just couldn't stay put... How's everyone else doing?"

"They've all calmed down for the moment. We're okay. Don't worry about us for now."

"I see... That's good to hear at least."

"Well, I'm not done cleaning yet up yet so I'm heading back to school."

"I'll go with you. Just wait for me at the lobby." Fuutarou said.

"Got it." Nino replied.

"Is something the matter?" I asked.

"Well, I think there's a bit of an issue... With Itsuki to be exact... Was anything different about her?" Fuutarou uttered.

"I haven't seen her since yesterday so I wouldn't know... Why do you ask?"

"I suspect your former father may have come into contact with Itsuki..."

**************************************************************
Notes:
There you have it! As mentioned, it's my own way to show my appreciation for your continuous support to this story. See you again on the next chapter!

As always, feel free to leave a comment or feedback so I can improve!

Thanks everyone! Stay safe and stay awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 61 12
Spencer and Olivia have been married for 3 years and have a 1 year old. Pressured by upper management from his new transfer team and with them not h...
261K 16.8K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
36.4K 956 35
When a 24 year old woman named Olivia Baker has an interview to become an assistant to 24 year old businessman, Spencer James, little does she realiz...
7.3K 140 13
Itsuki is glutton and such a crybaby but i don't care she still the cutest