a void in the heart - void st...

By _shuckiestshuckever

ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ, ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʜᴇʀ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ... More

00
0.5
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
epilogue
-alternative ending-
new books!
-alternative ending 2-

29

2.3K 53 158
By _shuckiestshuckever

MALENAS POV

More and more often, I would find myself trying to test my skills and break through the barriers that held me back from reaching my powers. But nothing seemed to work. It was almost like I had one small taste of power and someone decided that was enough and I was cut off. Like a tap of flowing water suddenly gone dry.

I flip onto my stomach as I'm lying on my bed. It was only depressing for me to think about the fact I might never see another glimpse of my powers again. I groan as I sit up to walk to my makeshift bookshelf because my big one is still at my house while I'm still staying with the McCall's and try to take my mind off the fact that I'm hopeless with a good book. My fingers trace the spines of all the books in the pile and I frown in confusion as I see that Les Mes was missing, I must've left it lying around. So I go to my other go-to comfort book, pride and prejudice.

I grin as I flop back down on my bed and begin to read. After about an hour of reading my phone goes off, I look up for a second but my phone was on my desk while I was on my bed, I couldn't be bothered getting up so I just ignored it. But then it went off again, then again and then again. I groan as I get up to get it.

"If only I had some sort of web-shooters," I mumble lazily as I walk to my phone in a bit of a huff.

I have once again been spammed with text messages from a new group chat.

Text Messages

We're all freaks now

Lydia <3: I am picking you all up and we're going bowling. You have no choice in it, again. We need to have some fun.

Fox-girl: Oh, do we have to Lydia? I'm out with Scott at the moment, I'll feel bad if I just leave him.

Lydia <3: Yes. You leave him and go back to your house or I'll drag you out by your ear

Fox-girl: Fine, can we invite Malia too?

Lydia <3: Sure, I don't care. Get Malena to ask her.

I sigh as I respond to the texts.

Me: Yup, doing it now. Lydia do you have a kidnapping kink or something?

Lydia <3: Shut up smart ass. Be there in 10 x

I move to my bed and put in Malia's landline number since she didn't have a cell just yet.

"Henry Tate speaking." A male voice croaks, I realise with a start that this is Malia's father.

"Hi sorry, is Malia there?" I ask nervously, there's a ruffling sound and a faint 'Malia! It's for you!"

"Yup?" A familiar voice asks.

"Hey, it's Malena. I was wondering if you wanted to come bowling with me, Lydia and Kira?" I say, picking at my bed sheet as I talk to her.

"Sounds fun, when can you pick me up? Or should I come to yours?" Malia asks and I hear more ruffling.

"Erm, maybe run to mine?" I say uncertain if Lydia would even consider picking Malia up.

"See you in 2 minutes," Malia says mischievously.

"But you live 30 minutes away-" I start but I'm cut off by the ring tone letting me know she hung up.

I move back to my closet grinning slightly as I open the doors to try and find something to wear. I decided on a beacon hills high school hoodie that belonged to my dad and a pair of leggings.

Just as Malia said she was there in exactly 2 minutes. She jumped through my window, not even panting or sweating.

"Fuck!" I screamed as she tapped me on the shoulder. "Jesus Christ Malia, a little warning next time?" I ask holding a hand over my heart.

"What's the point in that?" She asks grinning as she jumps onto my messy bed.

"You know, just saving me from a heart attack." I mumble sarcastically, "how's everything at home?" I ask her as I sit down next to her.

Malia sighs, "same old, same old. Me and ol' dad are still trying to bond, but we have nothing to bond over aside from the fact I murdered my sister and mom. But he doesn't know that, obviously, so we mostly sit in silence."

"I'm sorry Malia that sucks," I say quietly.

"Meh, anyways when is Lydia getting here?" Malia asks changing the subject.

"In about three minutes," I say standing up from my bed to get my book, "do you want to borrow some clothes? You don't have to, what you're wearing will be fine but if you want to you can borrow something, we're probably the same size," I say absentmindedly as I move to the seat Melissa put into the corner of the room so I can use it for when I'm reading.

"Way ahead of you," Malia says smirking as she goes to my wardrobe and is already sifting through everything I own. 

I grin at her as I keep reading my book, Malia was so different to Lydia, Kira and even Allison and that's what made me like her so much. She just was so unfiltered she made Lydia look like she was a nice puppy. We had definitely bonded over our time in Eichen house and I loved that. 

— — — 

VOIDS POV

Isabella and I had been talking for hours down at the beach, and she had an enjoyable personality well enough, but she was so different to Malena for an attraction to stick. 

"Void's a bit of a funny name isn't it?" Isabella said giggling. 

I shrug, "not really, it's sort of a nickname I guess. But no one calls me my full name aside from people who don't like me." I say smiling, it wasn't a lie. No one called me Void aside from Malena and Scott and-co called me the Nogitusne.

"Where are you from in Cali? Clearly, you're not from around here." Isabella says changing the subject as she scoots closer to me, I let her. 

"Beacon Hills in Beacon County. It's a bit far away, but I just wanted a change of scenery." I say, yawning slightly. The questions were becoming boring.  

"Well, you should take me to see it, Beacon Hills I mean. My parents are away for a couple of months in Hawai, so I'm free." Isabella says, almost flirty. 

I look over to her and she's smiling at me and looking up at me through her eyelashes. I'm about to say no when something stops me again. Another wave of that power had no source that I could sense. 

"Sure," I say through a fake smile, "do you want me to take you home so you can pack some stuff?"

Isabella shakes her head, "Nah, I have everything I need." She says, she stands up and brushes her skirt down, "shall we?" She asks politely.

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes and walk off I smile and stand up. "We shall." 

— — — 

MALENAS POV

"Lydia, I suck at bowling." Kira moans as we pull up to the bowling alley. "Like really badly suck." 

Lydia smirks at Kira in the mirror, "you can manage ice skating, you'll be fine." 

"But, I sucked at that too. I'm too socially awkward for these sports." Kira murmurs under her breath.

Malia pats Kira on the shoulder in a sympathetic way and Kira smiles at her. 

"I don't know if I'll be able to partake in said bowling," I say to Lydia who is sitting next to me in the front seat. 

Lydia turns her attention from the road to me. "Why?" Lydia asks quickly still looking at me. 

"Lydia car!" I yell out and Lydia flicks her attention back to the road just in time to stop her drifting and serve a car, "Fucking hell, you are never driving again." I mumble as Malia and Kira flop back into their seats. 

"Well, you distracted me, it's your fault," Lydia says, her eyes now staying firmly on the road. "But you are coming bowling. You don't get a choice. Plus what would you do otherwise?"

"Read," I say holding up my bag in which lay pride and prejudice. I smirk at Lydia.

Lydia groans but Malia coughs in the backseat. "I took the book out. Sorry, it was taking up space in it and also you don't need a book. You should be having fun. Which is the point of why we came out." Malia says pointedly. 

I look into my bag and sure enough, my book is gone. "Fuck you," I mumble under my breath and Malia blows me a kiss. 

"Malia Tate, my hero," Lydia says grinning and looking at her in the mirror. 

"Blah blah. Just pay attention to the road, yeah?" I say bracing myself as we come close to yet another car. 

"Oh shut it." Lydia snaps at me. We drive the rest of the way in silence. When we finally pull up to the bowling alley I'm fairly excited for what awaits us. I hadn't been bowling since I was 8, and that was for Stiles's birthday. 

"Well, I'll go get the credits," I say smiling as I get out of the car and stretch my back. 

"Sweet, I'll pick up the shoes and stuff, what size are you?" Lydia asks me as she reaches across to get her wallet. 

"I'm a 9!" I call over my shoulder to her as I walk in to go and get to credits to play. The way we were going to split costs was simple enough, I was going to pay for our entry and Lydia was paying half for the shoes. Kira and Malia got a free pass and didn't have to buy anything, or though Kira did say she'd buy food if we got hungry. 

I walk up to the counter so I can pay for our tickets and Lydia goes left to the shoe hire. 

"Hiya! Can I please pay for 4 students?" I ask politely to the boy working the desk. He looks about my age or maybe a year older, his eyes are glued to his papers and he looks up at me and places them under the desk. 

"Sure, that'll be 60 dollars." He says as he taps a few buttons on the till and then gestures to me, letting me know it's ready. 

I swipe my card and enter my pin and grin at the guy as he passes me the tickets. "Cheers," I say as I walk over to my friends. 

Lydia and I make a trade, my shoes for the tickets. She smiles at me as she goes to pick a bowling ball that she'll throw with. 

I walk over to one of the empty lanes and look at the ones that had been thrown and decide on a dark blue ball, that looked a good weight. I'm about to walk back to my friends when I see none other than Isaac and Allison walk in through the front doors hand in hand laughing about something.  

I panic and almost drop the bowling ball. Lydia walks to me holding a pink bowling ball with a big grin on her face and Malia and Kira are behind her looking at different coloured balls. 

When Lydia sees my facial expressions she looks behind her to where my gaze is and her grin drops. "Oh, you're fucking kidding me." She murmurs venomously. 

Malia looks up and follows our gazes, she didn't know what Isaac looked like but she's heard plenty about him and his cheating from me. She growls under her breath and by some savour, Isaac doesn't lookup. 

"Bathroom." I choke out and make a dash to put my bowling ball down and run as fast as I can to the bathrooms. 

I lock myself in one of the stalls and flip the toilet seat down and sit down and curl my legs up against my chest. I breathe slowly, in and out. I felt like I was going to throw up or cry. Or both. 

The door bursts open and I hear Malia banging on the stall door. "If you don't come out Malena I will literally break this door down. I can and I will." Malia says still banging on the door.

Begrudgingly I get up and unlock the door and let her in. Malia looks me up and down and pops her lips. 

"So that's Isaac huh?" Malia asks as she leans against the cubicle wall. 

I nod miserably, and Malia laughs. I look up at her confused. "What?" 

"The fact you thought he'd be good for you is funny," Malia says still laughing. "Come on," she says and grabs my hand dragging me from the bathroom. "This is the fun bit." 

I smile gratefully as we walk back to our friends and I try to resist the urge to look at Isaac and Allison. 

Kira runs up to me and hugs me in a tight. "I'm sorry," She whispers into my ear quietly. She pulls back from me and offers me a sympathetic frown.

"It's okay." I say trying for a grin, "she's the one who's still sleeping with her best friend's ex. She should feel like shit when she sees me, not the other way around."

Lydia smiles at me too. "You're right, can we bowl now?" She says trying to change the subject. 

I nod, "of course, that's why we came here isn't it?" I ask as I turn around and go back to get my bowling ball, which I left lying on the floor about 7 rows down from my friends.

Just I reach down to get the ball I hear a cough, I look up and see Isaac standing there with a small smirk on his face. I stand up with the bowling ball. 

"Isaac. How nice." I say coldly. Isaac stays smirking at me as he eyes me up and down. 

"Nice jersey, it was your dad's right?" Isaac says looking me directly in the eyes. 

His voice was like my own personal kind of torture, made by the devil himself. The voice that once could comfort me and calm me down in any situation now felt like a rusty dagger to my heart. 

"Yes," I say shortly, and I go to turn away from him but Isaac grabs my arm. I turn to him slowly and begrudgingly.

"Hey, we never got to talk the other day. You know, about us." Isaac says solemnly. 

"There's nothing at all to talk about." I snap and I turn away again and he grabs for me again and I pull my arm away from his grip fiercely. "What the fuck do you want." I sneer. 

"Calm down, jeez. I just wanted to talk to you, love. You know it was an accident, stop being so fucking dramatic. Get over yourself." Isaac says trying to make eye contact with me. My anger spikes and I use the hand that wasn't holding the bowling ball and slap him, again.

"Fuck off." I sneer and walk away. 

"Wait! Malena, your eyes. They're purple-" Isaac calls after me and I flip him off and keep walking. 

I look down at my hands, and they're pulsing a deep purple colour. I shake it off and walk over to my friends, trying to hide it. 

"Sorry, got distracted," I say smiling at them. "Let's bowl." I hold up my ball grinning. 

— — — — — —

So, two chapters in one day? yes :)

That chapter was v long. Also, how are we feeling about Isabella? — — —>

thoughts on the chapter? — — —>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.1K 63
❝𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨�...
17.3K 307 13
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚. [𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧...
140K 5.8K 111
"How is it, that you got top marks in economics last day? You don't even pay attention in class!" "Maybe I am smarter than Tony Stark." "Do you alway...