Red String

Door namelesswriter0316

Two souls from two different places, each with underlying past, meet in an unexpected time. Will they heal or... Meer

The Beginning
Meeting You
Start of Something
Comfort
Getting To Know
Refuge
Unexpected Visitor
Conflicting Feelings
Jealousy and Accusations
Confessions
Noona is My Woman
Officially Dating
Distance
Returning Home
Meeting the LEEs
Acceptance
Assurance
Happy Moments
Sacrifice
On the Verge
Ray of Hope
Rescuing Suryeon
This is a survey!

Staying Together

236 16 12
Door namelesswriter0316

Suryeon and Logan decided to stay for a while in the beach. They're just sitting quietly feeling each other's heartbeat with Suryeon sitting in between his legs and leaning to his broad chest while Logan's arms enveloping her waist and inhaling her sweet scent.

"Logan" she called softly.

"Hmm"

"I have a question"

"What is it" he kissed her temple.

"Can I call you jagiya again? I mean you're my jagiya again, right?"

Suryeon really can be innocent at times.

Logan chuckled at her girlfriend's cuteness, "really? you're asking that after we kissed that way a while ago?" he said teasing her.

Suryeon remembered their passionate moment and suddenly got embarrassed. She covered her blushing face with her hands, "Logan!"

"Hahaha you're so cute" he tightened his embrace to her. "We can repeat it if you want" he whispered to her ear which earned him a strong nudge.

"Stop it" Suryeon said giggling. "But seriously, I thought... I'm going to lose you" her giggles suddenly disappeared.

"Mianhae. I was really not myself these past few days. Though I know it's not an excuse for hurting you and breaking my promise" he buried his face on her neck. Suryeon then felt warm tears on her skin, he is crying.

"Logan, jagiya, don't cry please" She lifted his face, cupped his cheek, and wiped his tears. "What's important is that you're here already. And whatever it is that happened, you can talk to me about it. I'm here to listen" she then kissed his cheeks.

He nodded and embraced her tightly.

"Let's go home now so we can talk about it with halmeoni"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, your nightmares are back after you witnessed that accident on the road?" Suryeon asked worriedly.

"Unfortunately, yes. I thought I already overcame them but..." Logan rubbed his head in frustration.

"Mianhae Logan" Mrs. Lee said which surprised him. "We should be the one to blame why you're experiencing that. We were swallowed by grief that we forgot to care for your feelings"

Upon hearing that, Logan burst out crying. Mrs. Lee hugged his grandson tightly and comforted him.

"It's not your fault. It never was. So, free yourself from all guilt"

"No, halmeoni. It's all my fault. If only I didn't ask him to join me, if I just listened to him, then he would still be alive until now"

Mrs. Lee held her grandson's face, "remember when you were teenagers, when you got lost in the mountains alone?"

Logan nodded in response.

"Who asked you to go hiking?"

"Hyung"

"Did you blame him you got lost?"

"Anniyo"

"Why?"

"Because it's not his fault that I got lost. We got confused with the trail and got separated due to the heavy rains"

"That's the same with the accident. It's not your fault that a car hit your motorcycle because of a drunk driver. You didn't intend for that to happen, and your brother will surely never blame you for it"

Flashback

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"Outside. Join me" Logan replied and threw the helmet at his brother.

"It's late already"

"C'mon Hyung, it's as if we're minors. Let's go! It's so boring here in grandma's house. I miss the city life"

"I don't think it's a good idea. It just rained; the road might be slippery"

"Don't you trust me? I'm an expert driver. And we won't stay long, just a short joyride. C'mon!"

"Hey don't drive fast!" Alex scolded his younger brother.

"You're a scaredy cat, hyung. Don't worry there's nothing much on the road. Just hold tight"

"Logan, watch out!"

"Oh sh*t"

"Hyung, wake up! C'mon! Open your eyes! Anybody, please help us, please"

End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan's heart felt much lighter after he was able to open up to halmeoni and Suryeon. It was almost midnight, so they decided to call it a day and rest. Logan walked Suryeon to her room.

"Go inside and sleep. I'm sorry for keeping you up this late" he held her hand, stroking it gently.

"It's okay" Suryeon replied. "Are you feeling much better now?"

"Ne. Thanks to you and halmeoni" he smiled. "By the way, Sec Hong said your nightmares also came back. I'll sleep in the sofa so I can watch over you"

Suryeon was touched on how Logan is concerned of her. She felt so much loved from him that even on his darkest days he still manages to care for her and protect her. Logan has been her strong tower ever since they met and now that he also needs someone to lean onto, Suryeon swore that this time she will be his comfort.

"No, let's just sleep together" Suryeon said that shocked Logan.

"Jagiya! What did you just say?!" Logan said almost shouting.

"Yah lower down your voice. Halmeoni is already asleep. I said let's just sleep together" Suryeon repeated with her innocent face. But seeing Logan's expression, she finally gets it.

"Omo! No! It's not what you're thinking. I'm just saying that maybe we could sleep in one room instead of you sleeping in the sofa so that... ah I'm sorry I know it's not a good idea at all..." she said embarrassed. "But I just want to comfort you as well if ever your nightmares attack"

Hearing how Suryeon wants to take care of him melted his heart. However, he is not confident that he'll be able to exercise self-control if they'll stay in one room. But he loves and respects her so much that he won't do anything that might scared and hurt her.

"Okay if that's what you want. I'll sleep on the floor"

"It will be cold for you. The bed is wide. We can put pillows in between and sleep on each side"

Logan is amazed on how her girlfriend can be this cute and innocent. But seeing how pure her intentions are, he can't help but give in.

"Okay let's do that"

So, they put pillows in between the bed and lay on each side facing one another. Suryeon touched Logan's face, tracing it from his eyes down to his nose and then his mouth.

"I really missed you" she said.

"Me too" he kissed her fingers.

"Your brother is in a good place now, like my mom and dad, so you don't have to worry about him anymore. Despite of what happened, I know he loves you very much"

A tear fell from his eye, "Thank you jagiya for listening to me and understanding my situation. I never had someone who sympathizes with me the way you do. You are God's gift to me"

They held each other's hand and fell asleep.

It's 4am and Suryeon was woken up by Logan's twisting and turning. Sensing he might be having an anxiety attack, she removed the pillows in between them and went closer to his side.

"Logan" she whispered softly and touched his arm.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?" he replied facing her with a frustrated look.

"It's okay" she caressed his face and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Then, she hugged him placing her hand on his chest and tapping it softly, "Rest my love. I'm here by your side"

Logan held on to her tightly. Her presence and touch are just enough to calm him.

Both were able to go back to sleep without having any nightmares. They are each other's refuge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks has passed, and Logan is getting much better. It seems that Pohang has been his therapy, the restaurant and the whole gang has helped him recover. They were all busy attending orders and customers when Logan received an important call.

"Mwo? You and Anna are here in Korea? When did you return? Why suddenly?"

"Anna decided to continue her studies here. We've been away for too long already. I think it's time that we go home. Are you not happy we're back?"

"Of course, I'm glad you two are back, eomma. I miss you both"

"We miss you too. So, come back here asap. Your dad told me he already allowed you to stay here in Seoul. Then, why are you there in Pohang?"

"Eomma.."

"I know, I know, you miss your grandma. Tell her to come back with you. I think it's time that she left that place and stay here with us"

"You know she won't agree to that but yah I'll try to ask her"

"Good. Go back here now, ok? We'll be waiting for you"

"Arraseo. See you soon, eomma. Bye"

Logan is torn in between. He doesn't want to leave Pohang, but he misses his eomma and sister so much that he wants to see them.

"Jagiya, are you ok? Is there something wrong?" Suryeon asked as she saw the bothered look on his face.

"I'm okay. My mother called. She and my sister have just returned from the US"

"Oh, that's great! Have they been away for long?"

"Yes, they stayed in the US for almost 3 years and now they're back in Seoul for good"

"Your family will be together again; you should be happy"

"But they're asking me to go back in Seoul"

"Oh, I see" Suryeon can't help but be sad. She understands that they are his family and he really have to be with them. However, thinking that they'll be apart once again breaks her heart.

Logan felt her sadness and he told himself never again will he leave her nor hurt her. So, he told Suryeon his plan, hoping she will agree.

"I'll take you with me. Let's go to Seoul together"

Suryeon was shocked on what Logan said and at the same time she is afraid. Yes, she doesn't want to be separated from him so it's a good idea. But going with him means meeting his family and that thought scared her. What if they will not like her? What if they are same with Dantae's family? She doesn't want to suffer as before.

Logan, on the other hand, is determined. He will introduce her to his family. And regardless of their response, whether they accept or not, he will stay with Suryeon and marry her in Seoul.

Author's Note: This chapter is a bit short again, I'm sorry. I'll just make it up on the next part. Please feel free to leave any comments. I appreciate your reactions and inputs. It encourages me to continue and be better. Thank you for reading!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

88.3K 6.1K 46
❝ 𝙈𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨? 𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤�...
139K 4.4K 63
a jungwon tutor au ; ⌗ park haeun gives cupid a second chance. ↻ completed. [ this story contains mature themes. ]
3K 157 28
Cheon Seo jin, the famous Chaiwoman, owner of a University, a model. Seo jin hated someone, someone who left a scar engrave in her heart, will she fo...
9.7K 299 11
Yoo Jeongyeon, CEO of YJY Enterprise, a cold person (to others) but funny person (to her girlfriend, Nayeon.) But she have a secret. Nayeon, girlfrie...