The Beach Accident | ✍🏼

By ikc_writes

Skylar Miller A girl who has been blamed but never seen as the victim in the story. She lost her best friend... More

- Characters -
01. School Sucks
02. Him
03. Forgiveness
04. Patching the Wounds
05. Hurt
07. New Me
08. The Accident
09. Believe Me, I know
10. Growing Apart
11. The Ugly Truth
12. All I know
13. Choked
14. New Beginnings
15. Those Days
16. Don't Let Me Go
17. Safety
18. Running Away
19. Hospitals
20. Surgery
21. New Beginnings
22. Family Ties
23. Hospital Birthday's
24. Chaos Is Calming
25. The Backstory
26. Lost For Words
27. Only You Can Stay

06. Relapsing

1.6K 39 1
By ikc_writes

- Shane Miller - 

a/n: This happened while Noah and the others were helping Skylar to the med bay.

Standing in my office, I was looking at someone that I least expected to see.

"Hi Shay" she said, as she ran her fingers up and down my arm, as I stood there, still.

"Don't call me that and don't touch me" I gritted, pulling my arm out of her grip, taking a step back from her.

"Aww, why not? I thought you loved it when I called you Shay? Remember all those times we went on those dates together?" she questioned.

I didn't want to remember.

I wanted to erase her from my mind forever.

But here she was, standing in front of me, in my office, pretending like nothing ever happened between the two of us.

Pretending that her little sister didn't threaten my little sister to kill herself on her 7th birthday. 

"Stop pretending, Olivia. What are you even here for anyways?" I questioned, leaning on my desk as I crossed my arms over one another on my chest.

"I thought we could get back together. Start over again" she stepped towards me, reaching her hand out to touch me again, but I put my hand up in front of her.

"We are over, Olivia. We are never getting back together. I can't trust you or your family ever again. You turned everyone's back on me, even my best friend. You used me and my family, Olivia. How do you think I could ever start anything with you again?" I gritted out.

She was the main reason for Thomas deciding that his family should move away from us for a little while.

She was the main reason that my little sister was consistently bullied by her younger sister.

"Come on Shane. Move on from that" she groaned, stomping her foot in annoyance.

I can't believe I ever fell for her in the first place.

"Excuse me, Mr. Miller, but you have many missed calls from your younger brother. I think it was Luke" my receptionist poked his head into the room. I shivered a little at the last name. I didn't feel right; something didn't feel right. 

Just another thing to look after.

"I'll be right there" and with that, I gave Olivia one last glare, before leaving my office and walking after my receptionist.

What could Luke possibly be calling me about?

---

Walking into the school, I was not expecting to hear what I had heard from my younger brother.

Sky had been taken to the med bay, with injuries.

Not from playing sport, from other students.

In her grade.

I opened the door to the med bay, seeing Henry, Elijah, Oliver, Noah, Luke, and Jay all surrounding someone who I couldn't quite see.

Noah was sitting beside the person I couldn't quite see, who I assumed was Sky, as a ice pack was in Noah's hand.

"Shane! You're here!" Luke then threw himself at me, before I could walk any further in the room. 

I was not impressed by what Luke was doing.

This should have never had to happen, as Noah and Luke were here, at school with Skylar.

They should have been the ones that had stopped this.

"Where is Skylar?" was all that came out of my mouth. .

"Here" Sky muttered, as she leant against Noah's shoulder.

"Where have you been Shane?" Noah questioned as soon as Luke had let go of my torso.

"I got held up" was all I let on.

I had been held up dealing with Olivia Thompson.

The person who had destroyed our family, taking our friends with her.

The friends that we had grown up besides, deeming them as family, until Olivia came along, with her little sister, Ella, ruining all that we had grown up knowing.

"Yeah, right" Noah huffed in annoyance.

I didn't want to lie to them, but telling them who I was with, would worsen the situation we were currently in.

It would crush Skylar's heart to a million pieces.

Just like it was 2 years ago.

"How are you feeling Sky?" I crouched down in front of Sky, as she lifted her head up from Noah's shoulder.

"Alright" she slightly lifted her hand, to show me some of the glass that was sticking out.

"Excuse me, guardian of Skylar Miller?" the nurse questioned, which I nodded too.

"Yes, that would be me"

"Can we step outside for a minuet? I have some things that I need to discuss with you" the nurse then gestured towards the door.

I gave a quick glance to Noah and Sky, who nodded at me telling me to go with the nurse.

Once I stood up, I looked at Jay, Luke, Oliver, Elijah, and Henry.

They all looked agitated.

I just followed the nurse out of the room, and into the hallways.

The memories that this hallway held.

The number of times that I had been told to stand in this exact hallway because of something that my younger siblings had done.

"So, about Skylar. When we took a deeper examination to what had caused her to pass out, was that she was found to have a few scars on her legs accompanied by some bruises. They looked as though they were only made a few days ago, but I cannot make a full examination on them. I just wanted to let you know" the nurse explained.

'She was found to have scars on her legs'

"Thankyou" I responded, as she nodded and walked back inside the medical bay.

'She also has some bruises on her legs, but they weren't as visible'

I can't believe this has happened again.

I have failed as an older brother twice.

You would have thought I'd learn from my mistakes, but clearly I haven't.

I think I have only just made everything worse, rather than improving anything.

I thought I had kicked Olivia Thompson out of my life, including her sister, but clearly I hadn't done a good enough job.

I thought I had protected my sister from her bullies, but I hadn't, rather letting them get the better of her a second time around.

What was I supposed to do now?

---

- Skylar Miller - 

Getting dismissed from the school medical bay, was awkward to say the least.

Its hard to describe how bad it actually was.

I had to stand there while the nurse typed my slip agonizingly slow, then she made sure to talk to Shane about everything she had already explained to me while Shane was talking to the other nurse.

I was sure they had all seen what Ella had done to me a few days prior.

Just even thinking about it, made bile rise in my throat, causing my body to heat up.

I'm pretty sure I was red in the face, just by thinking about what Ella had done.

"You alright Sky? Your arms feel hot" I completely forgot that Noah had an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

Since I had lost consciousness in the girls bathroom when the boys found me, Noah hadn't left my side, which I would be forever grateful for.

"Yeah" I responded, as I gently leaned more into his embrace.

"Come on" Shane released a breath of air, signalling for us to walk out of the doors before him.

We walked out of the school doors, heading towards Shane's pick-up truck.

Not a word was said as Shane, Noah, Luke, and I all climbed into the truck.

"So, what took you so long to get here, Shane?" Noah broke the tense silence.

"I got held up with some paperwork at work" he simply responded, as he changed the trucks gears.

'I don't believe you' was what I wanted to say, but the current mood that Shane was in, I didn't want to push it.

But siblings shouldn't be like that around each other.

They should be able to push each other' s buttons so they get a reaction that is worth laughing about.

But Shane is a different story.

Ever since our parents died, he hasn't been the same big brother that you can joke around, tease, laugh with, annoy.

Even though I can't remember much before our parents died, as I was around the age of 3, I still vaguely remember the big brother that Shane used to be before he became the father figure.

He used to joke and tease all of us, and vice versa.

"There is more to it. Why can't you just tell us" Luke whined, as he leaned back into his seat, rubbing a hand down his face.

"There isn't more to it, so stop asking" Shane huffed, his face forming into a scowl.

He never used to wear a scowl on his face.

"I bet you it has something to do with Ella's older sister being back in town. I bet you" Noah muttered.

"You don't think she caught up with Summer, do you?" I asked.

I remember Ella bringing up Summers name earlier.

Summer and Olivia, Ella's older sister, used to be best friends.

Just like Ella, Oliver and I were many, many years ago now.

That was one way I met Ella, because her older sister was always around at mine, so it made sense that Ella and I would play with each other while Summer and Olivia caught up – or in other words, babysit us.

Olivia and Ella were so close with our family, that Shane and Olivia started dating, but then Ella and I had a huge argument.

Then Ella started to flaunter herself at some of my younger older brothers.

That was also when she decided that she was too good for Oliver and I, so she left us for the popular group, Oliver following her footsteps 2 weeks later.

"I wouldn't know. I didn't even know that Olivia was in town until today" Shane muttered, as he turned down our street.

"You were with her" Noah then turned in his seat, pointing a finger at Shane.

"No, I did not" Shane said, slowing the truck down, so that it was stationary.

"Yes you did. You keep avoiding the topic, you only do that when you are lying" Noah accused.

I guess I didn't know that about Shane.

Maybe we weren't as close as what I thought we were.

"Just drop it" and with that Shane, got out of the truck, leaving us to catch up with him.

"He so knew. He so caught up with her today, I bet you" Noah then got out of the truck, chasing after our older brother.

"Come on Sky" Luke grabbed my bag, then helped me out of the car.

For once, I was feeling at peace with Luke.

At times, we were close with each other, but then at other times we were practically at each other's throats.

I was glad that I had him for a brother though.

"Thanks" I said, grabbing onto his outstretched hand.

Maybe this really was the calm before the storm.

Maybe everything was going to happen all over again.

Ella had me cornered in the bathroom. I thought we were best friends. We had been best friends for the past 7 years, but clearly everything we had done together had gone out the window. My own brother was dating her older sister.

Maybe everything was relapsing. 

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 428 46
Skylar Mari Anderson. 17- years old in the 12th grade Skylar never trusted anyone in her life but two people her mother and sister. Although she envi...
277K 5.2K 43
"Right then, I knew there was something different about you and I just...I needed to know you." ──・・π–₯Έγƒ»γƒ»β”€β”€ Myrtle Beach is just one of those cities w...
50.9K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
95.5K 3.4K 32
🚨 DON'T READ THIS VERSION. This story has been rewritten into a separate book with a different title. The new and better version, IN WAVES, can be f...