The First Light

By AelinAshryver07

" One black coffee." A deep voice said and I snapped my head to the side to see a raven head and as he turned... More

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Winks and mischievous smiles
Chapter 2: Flats butts and Black coffee
Chapter 3: Hogwarts and Hot Pink Heels
Chapter 4: Smooth as Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
Chapter 5 : YOLO and Bar Reds
Chapter 6 : Cute Blue eyed Idiots
Chapter 7: R.I.P to My Cute Ears
Chapter 8 : Who Says No to Free Food?
Chapter 9 : Rise and Shine
Chapter 10 : Pricks and Angel Boys
Chapter 11: Fairies, Faeries and FBI Skills
Chapter 12: Sofishticated Rich Jerks
Aesthetics - 2
Chapter 13: I'm Buddha
Chapter 14 : Energetic Rabbits and Drama Queens
Chapter 15 : It's Not Ice cream!
Chapter 16 : Soup is For Sick People.
Chapter 17 : Red Code
Chapter 18 : Shirtless Guys and Soulmates
Chapter 19 : I'm. Not. A. Midget
Chapter 20 : Date Night
Chapter 21 : Lots of Smooches
Chapter 22 : Forever
Chapter 23 : Koala
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 : Sneaky Bastard
Chapter 26 : Dinner
Chapter 27 : Bad Willow
Chapter 28 : Paris sites!
Chapter 29 : Flynn Ryder
Chapter 30 : Three Words
Chapter 31 : His Girlfriend
Chapter 32 : Those Dimples
Chapter 33 : Mine
Chapter 34 : Revenge is Sweeter
Chapter 35 : Insecure
Chapter 36 : Drowned Rats
Chapter 37 : JUMP!
Chapter 38 : Bonfire
Chapter 39 : Holy-
Chapter 40 : Unknown Number
Chapter 42 : New Beginnings
Chapter 43 : Please
Chapter 44 : Hurt
Chapter 45 : Guest
Chapter 46 : Over
Epilogue
More Works
Important Message
Bonus : 1

Chapter 41 : Nevertheless

5.4K 179 35
By AelinAshryver07

"To love is to destroy
And
To be loved is to be destroyed."

                                            - Jace Herondale

I've never experienced terror before in my life. Not when I accidentally broke Ma's expensive vase. Not when I almost failed my exams.

Never in my life.

But now as I sat inside Az's car, speeding to Ellie's house I could finally understand what pure terror felt like. I could feel my fingers trembling, my heart beat erratic and the only thing that was keeping me sane was Az's hand tighty clasped in mine, his thumb drawing comforting circles on my hand.

"Elena is missing."

Ellie's mother's voice rang through my ears again and again. Never once did I expect that call to be her's. Ellie did not come home yesterday night, her phone was left in front of the door. And that's how her mother got my number.

I should have been a better friend. I should've called her instead of dressing up for a party. I should've done something. Anything.

"Raps, baby. It's not your fault, okay? Quit blaming yourself for something you had no control over, love." Az said gently as if reading my mind.

"B-but I should've atleast called or texted instead of completely ignoring her." I choked out.

"Hey, I'm sure she'll be fine." He said and pressed a kiss to my knuckles. I nodded and quietly stared out of the window, tears pricking my eyes.

I should have been a better friend, no matter what Az says I know I should have tried harder.

"I think we're here." He said and I gazed up at the huge mansion. It was not as big as Azrael's house but still looked quite expensive.

Az quickly opened my door before I could and I shrunk back into him, my body trembling.

"Love, it's alright. Every thing's going to be fine, I promise." He whispered and lightly kissed my forehead. I don't know where I would be without him. Just as we were about to walk towards the mansion another car pulled up and Mel got out along with Zach.

I did not even have the mood to tease them both together.

Mel walked forward quietly, the only indication that she was very upset was the redness of her eyes and the way her shoulders slumped other than that she was a blank canvas, as usual. Zach walked behind her, his hand on the small of her back. And I had a feeling that that was the only thing helping her stand up.

"You got a call too?" I sniffled

She nodded and squared her stiff shoulders as if readying her fighting stance but that couldn't hide the trembling of her fingers much and I watched in awe as Zach took her hand in his and gave it a reassuring squeeze and she immediately relaxed.

I looked at Az with widened eyes and he gaped back at me. It was a wonder that Zach didn't get castrated for touching her.

I pressed the door bell and nervously waited.

And within a few short seconds, the door flew open to reveal a pretty mid aged woman with beautiful chocolate coloured skin and curly black hair. She was the exact replica of Ellie.

"Are you Willow and Melantha?" She asked, her brown eyes filled with tears.

"Yes. You must be Mrs. Samuels?" I asked with a small smile.

"Yes dear, come in." She said and ushered us in. The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior but I really couldn't appreciate it in this situation as she led us to the large living room where a tall, pale man sat with his head in his hands and an almost empty bottle of whiskey next to him.

He snapped his head to survey as through beady, narrowed eyes and scoffed as Mrs. Samuels urged us to sit.

"Our only daughter is missing and you're making her so called friends be comfortable and all?" He snapped, spitting out the word 'friends' as if it was something disgusting.

All of us stiffened and I squeezed Azrael's hand as he opened his mouth, no doubt to snap back.

"John!" Mrs. Samuels gasped and smiled at us apologetically.

"What?! You want me to fucking thank them for helping that brat run away with that bastard?" He yelled.

Ran away?

"We're not sure of anything yet, John! So don't go around throwing accusations at them." Mrs. Samuels spoke firmly, glaring at him.

He huffed and surveyed Az and Zach who sat stiffly next to us.

"Why? Did y'all elope too?" He sneered at them.

It was one thing to insult me and Mel and then he had to audacity to turn to them?

"We didn't have to. Our fathers are quite understanding, unlike some who like to act like toddlers. They don't throw tantrums just because they didn't have it their way." I said, my tone was unnaturally icy, even to my own ears.

Mel snorted.

"Oh, you think you can talk back to me, girl?! That's how you boys nowadays like it, don't you? Fiesty little bi-" Azrael was up in a flash, his jaw clenched and eyes blazing with anger and Zach followed. Both of them looking ready to murder someone, specifically the drunk man sitting in front of us. I went on to stop him but before I could a voice stopped us,

"Mr. Samuels, CEO of the Samuels corporation. You're company is a sinking boat and on top of that several cases of verbal as well as physical abuse which you covered up with your money. One call and I could destroy you once and for all, John. So speak very carefully. I understand you're grieving and worried but there's a limit," Mel said quietly, her eyes blazing with cold fire.

"You little-" he started but I cut him off, turning to a wide eyed Mrs. Samuels, "Mrs. Samuels please put a leash on your husband before I let them," I jutted my chin towards Az and Zach, "do it and I can't guarantee that it'll be completely pain free."

She nodded frantically and pulled him up, escorting him away and returned a few minutes later alone. Good.

"Can we please know what happened?" I asked her politely as soon as she sat down in front of us.

She nodded, "Yesterday morning we had a fight again, I assume El told you about how John didn't approve of her boyfriend. And I can't quite convince him because I agree too, he's quite old for our Elena and anyway her father was actually planning to marry her off to one of his colleague's son. He's a good guy and John told her about it......and well, they fought and Ellie went out without us knowing and she's not back yet. Her phone and her shoes were left outside." She finished, her eyes once again hazy with tears.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Samuels." I choked out, feeling the lump in my throat getting heavier.

"D-do you know anything at all about her?" She asked, hope flaring in her eyes.

I slowly shook my head.

A tear slowly trailed down her cheek and she hastily wiped it away with the back of her hand.

"Don't worry, we'll find her." Zach said enthusiastically, we all nodded and once again a tiny spark of hope glowed in her beautiful brown eyes.

"Thank you so much. And I'm really sorry about the way John behaved, please don't mind him." She replied, mustering a shaky smile.

I smiled back and got up, tugging Az up with me, "We'll see you soon, Mrs. Samuels."

"I hope, dear." She replied softly as she followed us out to the porch, standing there alone watching us as our cars moved forward until she was nothing but a shadow.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and closed my eyes. I felt Az watching me from the corner of my eye, his eyes glinting with concern. 

Just then my phone rang, I sighed and ignored it as it continuously  pinged.

"You're not taking the call, Raps?" He asked softly.

I shook my head in response.

"It might be someone important. Do you want me to take it?" he said quietly.

I nodded and handed him my phone.

He swiped and answered the call, I watched as his eyes widened and he immediately put the call on speaker.

"Hello? Will, it's Ellie."

I sat upright and snatched the phone hastily from Az's outstretched palm.

"Elena? Where the hell are you? Are you okay? Where are you, did something hap-"

"I'm with Adam. I ran away from home." She said firmly, so her parents were right she did run away.

I took a deep breath to compose myself, "Do you think it was a wise decision El? To run away like that?"

"I don't know, Will. But it was torture staying back, my parents were never going to let me marry Adam anyway. So I did what I had to do."

"By running away from your problems?"

"It was the only way we had, Willow. I can't live without Adam, just tell me one thing, can you live without Azrael? What would you do if you were in my shoes?"

"No, I can't live without him but I would've fought for him rather than running away, Ellie. Do you know your mother looks like she's going to faint with worry?" I snapped.

She was quiet for sometime, "I'll come back once they cool down, okay?"

"What about your studies? Are you not going to attend Uni?"

"I'm taking a short break from studies."

I sighed.

"Are you sure, Ellie?" I asked her softly.

"Yeah, I love him so much, Will. More than anything and I want this. I want him."

"Fine, I understand. But atleast tell me where you are?" I pleaded.

"We're back in Glasgow. You and Mel can visit once you come back!" She chirped enthusiastically.

"Okay. Take care." I said curtly and cut the call before she could say anything else.

I turned to look at Az, "Why do I have a feeling that this is going to crash and burn?"

He nodded, "Me too, nevertheless Ellie is an adult who is more than capable of making her own decisions but atleast now you know she's alive and not in any sort of danger."

"You're right." I sighed and then dialled Mel's number.

"Will, did Elena call you?" She rushed out as soon as she took the call.

"Yeah she did, she called you too ?" I asked

"Mhm. Just now."

"She ran away, Mel."

"I guessed that much, I asked her if she was alive and when she said yes, I cut the call." She said, her tone blank.

I let out a cackle,"Seriously? Melantha Iris Mikael, what even goes through your head?"

"Well the important part was if she was alive or not, wasn't it? I just got my priorities right and what more was to be said? It's not like she's going to listen to us so why waste our energy and time?"

"True." I agreed weakly.

"Uh, Will I'll call you back later, Zephyr spilled his coffee on someone again." She muttered and hung up.

Again?

I think me and Zach are related. But I like to think he's even more clumsy than me.

I saw Az texting someone as I pocketed my phone.

"Who is it? Is it your mom?" I asked, worried that his mother would be feeling bad. It was her birthday after all, I did try convincing her and Az that I could go by myself but the Lewis bunch were stubborn people.

"Nah, it's Grey. He's borrowing my car since his is in the workshop." He said and then looked over at me,

"And how about we go and eat something? That shit drained all my energy." He pouted.

I laughed and leaned over to peck his cheek.

______________________

Hey guys!!💃💃

I know it's been a while since I've updated but I had my exams and it's finally summer vacation!! And guess what? Corona finally sank it's claws on me. Yeah, it was a bad time for me. So I'm really sorry I couldn't update faster and I promise I'm gonna upload the next chapter fast.

And it's not going to be daisies and cupcakes now 🤐🤐🤐
Just sayin'

XxAelinAsh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 2.9K 27
I watch her when she walks in, orders the same drink - same size - and sits at the exact same table every single day. I don't think she notices me, s...
12.1K 1.7K 33
[ṡεε τhε τɾαïlεɾ øƒ τhïṡ вøøќ] •αṿαïlαвlε ραρεɾвαсќ & ε-вøøќ• High Rank : [#318] on Werewolf #1 at #wattpadlove #1 at #Winte...
32.9K 1.9K 55
"To what do I owe this honor?" his voice is trembling with laughter. Jee-buss... he finds this funny... "I saw a butterfly and followed it in here?"...
19.1K 1.5K 14
"I have a question... Why do you work here? Isn't it hard to handle work and school at the same time?" I asked. He chuckled. "I accidentally chucked...