Professionals (Food Wars X Ma...

By Freedom_Fighter24

This is a remake from my original Food Wars fanfic and this time, it's going to make the conversations much m... More

Introduction
The Toxic Wasteland
God Tongue
First Class
Consolation Prize
Polar Star
The Meat Aggressor
The Battle of The Bowls
Concept And Creation
Breading And Creation
The Supreme Recette
Magician?
A Memory
Eggs Before The dawn
Metamorphose
The Way Back
The Man Called Carnage
Ambush
Date
Loss
Funeral
The Fall's Selection
Brooklyn
Curry Selection
Selecting The Few Pt. 1
Selecting The Few Pt. 2
2nd Date
Quarterfinals
Semifinals
Fish Market
Prepping
"Its New King"
Finals Pt. 1
Finals Pt. 2

Good News And Bad News

3K 51 22
By Freedom_Fighter24

(A/N: On this chapter, someone commented that breast cancer is overrated and I hated that. A friend of mine's mom had it and for someone to shit on it just pisses me off. If you're one of those people that think otherwise, do me a favor: drop dead because I'm trying write a story here.

Anyways...)

I went into the apartment to let my mom know that I passed the transfer challenge and I was going to start school next week, but when I entered, my mom was sobbing about something. I saw a paper and I was wondering what that was.

Y/N: Mom? What is that?

She looked up and said the worst thing that I ever heard.

Mom: Y/N, son. I'm sorry. The doctors found a lump in my chest.

My heart dropped, but at the same time I was angry.

Y/N: Why are you lying?

Mom: I'm not lying. I'm telling you what's true. Look at the monogram!

I refused to look at it, but I had a tear coming down my face and my mom noticed.

Mom: Are you okay?

Y/N: I'm fine, mom.

Mom: Are you sure, figlio?

Y/N: If I said I'm fine, I mean it, just leave me alone.

I went in my room and slammed the door. I was crying my eyes out the whole night.

~The Next Day~

I was called to Totsuki for a meeting with Grandmaster Nakiri about my test. Erina picked me up and I had to tell her the news about my mom.

Erina: Hey Y/N!

Y/N: Hey Erina.

As I got into the car, she noticed I was down.

Erina: You okay? What is wrong?

Y/N: My mom, she has cancer.

Erina had a shocked look on her face and looked like she wanted to hug me.

Erina: When did she find out?

Y/N: Yesterday while I was cooking the omelette. She had to go to the doctor because she felt something in her chest. I couldn't take the news well so I had to go to my room and slam the door.

Erina wasn't driving, but, with compassion she hugged me so tight. I wasn't crying, but I did feel sad about it all.

Erina: I so sorry for the news. I hope she get better.

Y/N: Thanks Erina.

Erina: Anyway, opening ceremony today at Totsuki. Want to be there.

Y/N: Okay. That sounds reasonable.

A couple minutes later we were at Totsuki. Over 250 students were there. Of course I saw Grandmaster Nakiri and we said hello, but I just wanted to get the ceremony over and done with. And the same kid from YESTERDAY spoke and I couldn't make out any words, but here's what he said.

Kid: こんにちは。 私の名前は子宮由比平です。 そして、ここでのシェフの束を見るのはうれしいです。 あなたがそれがここにいるのを必要としないものを持っていないので、あなたはフードチェーンの底にあなたがいるのを楽しみにしています。 これは踏み石の方がたくさんありますが、私はトップスポットを取ります。 (Hello. My name is Soma Yukihira. And it's nice to see a bunch of chef wannabes out here. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the bottom of the food chain because you don't have what it takes to be here. While this is more of a stepping stone, I might as well take the top spot.)

He walked off with a cocky grin on his face and I was mad, same with the students who got here to learn. He didn't deserve to go here. I mean, I'll say it. Are you kidding me? I assumed he was there just so he could make the school and the chefs-in-training look bad. I respect this school and the Nakiri Family so I wasn't going to stand for this, but I held my own and kept my temper in check because up next, I was going to introduce myself.

Y/N: みんな、私の名前はy / n l / nです、私はアメリカからのニューヨーク、私はトツキ料理研究所に影響を与えるためにここにいます。 あなたは私がこの美しい国にここに来た理由を知っていますか? 私のステップダディーは私が子供のときに亡くなったので、私たちは新鮮に始めるために国から出る必要がありました。 (Everyone, my name is Y/N L/N, I'm from Brooklyn, New York from America and I am here to make an impact at Totsuki Culinary Institute. You know why I came here to this beautiful country? Because my stepdad died when I was a kid and we had to move out of the country to start fresh.)

Everyone seemed to like me already as I kept talking.

Y/N: 今、私はあなたのすべてのように料理人のような裕福な家族から来なかった、私はイタリアの遺産とマフィアとの祖先で通りの貧困層を育ちました。 私は私の革のジャケットのせいで疑問に思うのではなく、あなたが私の尊敬を見せてもらうことができるならば、私に尊敬を見せてくれるならば、私はそれを大いに感謝します。 私はイタリアの血を持っています、そして私はこの群衆の中にカップルシェフがあると思います、そしてそれは私が一人ではないことを知ることを素晴らしいです。 (Now, I didn't come from a wealthy family who are cooks like all of you, I grew up poor in the streets with an Italian heritage and an ancestry with the Mafia. I'm not like those gangsters in case you're wondering because of my leather jacket, but if you can do me a favor and just show me a bit of respect, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have Italian blood, and I guess there's a couple chefs in this crowd that are Italian and that's awesome to know that I'm not alone.)

They seemed a bit peeved by what I said, but I wanted to show everyone some respect during this speech, and I think I'm doing a good job.

Y/N: トッキアカデミーに来ることは、私が料理でできることを示すのに最適な機会です。 私は実際にはジンの友人の寿司レストランのためのスーシェフだった、そしてあそこはあなたが才能を持っているかどうかは関係ありませんでした。 ええ、あなたは世界のすべての才能を持ち、それを貼り付けることができますが、真実はこの学校で必要な倫理的です、そして私はあなた自身を含むあなたのすべてを持っていることを知っています。 (Coming to Totsuki Academy is the perfect opportunity to show what I can do in cooking. I was actually a sous-chef for Gin's friend's sushi restaurant, and over there, he said it didn't matter if you have talent. Yeah, you can have all the talent in the world and stick it, but the truth is a hard work ethic is needed in this school, and I know all of you have it, including myself.)

The students seem to know what I'm talking about because I learned that if we don't put in the work, you won't make your dreams come true.

Y/N: Somaとは異なり、私はえげのないスピーチのために彼がここに出てくる前に彼が与えたので、私はこの学校が足石として見えないだろうと思います。 いいえ。 私は私のスキルを向上させ、私ができる最高のシェフとして自分自身を見ている機会としてそれを見ます。 それはそれがすべてのものであるものです、それは私のことを理解していない人もいます。 私はここだけに、うまくいけば、友達を作り、私の料理のキャリアのためのいくつかの新しいテクニック、そしていくつかの新しいレシピを学びます。 それはそれです。 それだけですが、それが問題ではない場合はどういう意味ですか、私は何がわからない。 (Unlike Soma, who I think is getting chewed out by Erina because of the stupid speech he gave before I came up here, I don't see this school as a stepping stone. No. I don't. I see it as an opportunity to improve my skills and see myself as the best chef I can be. That's what it's all about, that's what some people don't understand about me. I'm only here to, hopefully, make friends and learn some new techniques for my cooking career, as well as some new recipes. That's it. That's all it is, I mean if that doesn't matter, I don't know what does.)

Now this is getting everyone back on track because this speech wasn't prepared. I had to come up with this on the fly.

Y/N: 私は競争があると聞いた、それは完璧です、私は最高に反していたいと思います。 私が周りを見回すように私に沿って卒業することができる人々を見てください。 私のキャリアは戸棚の譲渡学生としての私のキャリアがこの乗り心地に参加してくれることを願っています、これは楽しみが始まります。 ありがとうございました。 (I heard there's competition and that's perfect, because I wanna prove myself against the best. All of you better give me your best because as I look around, I see people who can potentially graduate alongside me. I hope you join me on this ride because my career as a transfer student at Totsuki, this is where the fun begins. Thank-you guys.)

After the speech everyone applauded and I was happy with what I said. The speech I thought was pretty good, so I hope it gets documented.

On the ride home, Erina and I were just chatting in Japanese, just so I can improve on speaking the language.

Y/N: エリーナ、私はそれが非常に突然のことを知っていますが、私たちが外出して何かをすることができるかどうか知っています。 (Erina, I know it's very sudden but, I wanna know if we can go out and do something.)

Erina: 「日付」のように? (As in a 'date'?)

Y/N: そのようなもの。 私はあなたに正しく尋ねたかどうかわからない。 (Something like that. I don't know if I asked you right because I'm usually nervous about asking girls out.)

Erina: これはどうですか? あなたが最初に数週間に渡すならば、私はそれを考慮します。 それは取引ですか? (How's this? If you pass the assignments first few weeks, I'll consider it. Is that a deal?)

Y/N: 取引です。 (It's a deal.)

We both shook hands and as we touched our hands, she and I blushed a little bit, but she was almost red as a tomato.

It looks like it's true, we're falling in love, but I want to take it slow and see what happens.

Erina: 私たちはここにいる。 (We're here.)

We stopped at the apartment and when we got there, something wasn't right. I got out of the car and Erina felt something off about too because when I usually get home, my mom would be looking out the window but she wasn't. Erina got out of the cab and we walked inside.

We had to call out for her because we didn't know where my mom was.

Y/N: Mom?

Erina: Miss L/N?

?????: Help!

We heard a cry for help in the bedroom. We ran to find my mom almost passing out from the cancer.

Y/N: Mom!

I ran to her to try and pick her up, but she couldn't move.

Mom: Help me!

Y/N: Erina! Help me out, will you?

Erina: Absolutely.

We both picked her up and rushed to the hospital. I was in tears as Erina was so concerned for the both of us. I didn't know if my mom was going to die on the way to the hospital.

At the hospital, I felt horrible. I wanted to punch a wall and just be alone. Erina was wrapping her arm around me for support. I couldn't be more grateful for her to for staying with me. After a while, the doctors came out and I had to hear what they had to say.

Doctor 1: Y/N L/N?

We were called and Erina would sit down as I talked to the doctor. I was really nervous about it all.

Doctor 1: あなたの母親は大丈夫ですが、癌が引き継いだから家に帰ることはできません。 手術を行う許可が欲しいのです。 (Your mother is fine, but she can't go home because cancer is taking over. We want your permission to perform surgery.)

Y/N: 私のお母さんを救うために何かをしてください。 (Anything to save my mom, just do it.)

They were smiling that they got the green light to perform surgery as Erina wanted to cry with me. As I sat back down, she hugged me so tight that I felt a little bit better. To me, there was a connection between her and I. I just couldn't explain it. We somehow have this chemistry like we knew each other for a long time.

Erina: I am so sorry, Y/N. I do not know how hard it is for you.

Y/N: Thank you, Erina.

Erina: It not a problem. I will support you and if you need anything, just email me. You take care of yourself, you hear?

Y/N: I will.

Erina got up to leave as I needed to stand up anyway, but before she walked away, she walked back to me for some reason.

Erina: Also there something else I need to give you.

Y/N: And what's that?

Erina: This.

Erina then put her soft cold hand on my warm face and then she kissed my cheek. I felt some heat on my cheeks after she walked away as I sad down again, but it was unlike anything I had experienced before.

I was still at the hospital waiting for the news. I took a very long 2 hour nap to kill some time.

Doctor 2: Y/N?

I stood up and shook the doctor's hand because I needed to hear what the doctor had in mind.

Doctor 2: あなたのお母さんは今元気です。 癌は止まりましたが、いつでも再び広がることがあります。 将来の手術のために彼女をここに保つ許可が欲しい。 (Your mother is fine now. The cancer has stopped, but it can spread out again at any moment. We want permission to keep her here for future surgeries.)

I was 15 years old at the time. It was all up to me now since my mom is in a hospital bed. It was now or never. I made a tough decision.

Y/N: 彼女をここに置いてください。 手術を行います。 彼女があなたの時計に死なないことを確認してください。 (Keep her here. Perform the surgery. Make sure she doesn't die on your watch.)

The doctor told me that I needed to go on home and get some rest. That angered me. I'm not going anywhere without my mom. She needs me.

Doctor 2: y / n、家に帰る。 私たちは彼女の世話をします。 (Y/N, go home. We'll take care of her.)

I didn't wanna protest so I went home. I couldn't drive so the interpreter drove me home. I emailed Erina the news and she was happy, but still sending love and support.

I'm still grateful that Erina would go out of her way to make me feel better, but I still can't get over the fact that she kissed my cheek

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 5.4K 28
Being a chef is hard enough. Being the daughter of an asshole of a Dad is even harder. What Dad makes disgusting dishes and acts like a child 90% of...
43.6K 1.2K 15
Shinomiya Kojiro X OC Ishikawa Juno, a first-year transfer student from the countryside, is slightly clumsy and sometimes dim-witted, but in the kitc...
999K 38.4K 108
Shokugeki no Soma Various x Female Reader. It was a normal day for you, Quarantine was really boring and it was already 7 in the morning. You just ma...
256K 11.5K 71
Just two people with completely different personalities. Some would describe him as the sun while they would describe you as the moon. He was a walki...