Hamlet but it's Better

By An0th3rU53rnam3

Hamlet is long. And Shakespearean. "Hamlet but it's Better" is shorter and less Shakespearean. Follow Hamlet... More

Act One, Scene One
Act One, Scene Two
Act One, Scene Three
Act One, Scene Four
Act One, Scene Five
Act Two, Scene One
Act Two, Scene Two
Act Three, Scene One
Act Three, Scene Two
Act Three, Scene Three
Act Three, Scene Four
Act Four, Scene One
Act Four, Scene Two
Act Four, Scene Four
Act Four, Scene Five
Act Four, Scene Six
Act Four, Scene Seven
Act Five, Scene One
Act Five, Scene Two

Act Four, Scene Three

22 1 1
By An0th3rU53rnam3

Location: council chamber

(Enter CLAUDIUS and attendants)

CLAUDIUS: I have to find him, and I have to find the body. Can you imagine the danger we'd all be in if he stays loose for much longer? But we have to be careful. The people love him, and I'll be the bad guy if anything happens to him. (Enter ROSENCRANTZ) Well? Where is he?

ROSENCRANTZ: We still don't know where the body is.

CLAUDIUS: I understand, but where is Hamlet?

ROSENCRANTZ: The guards caught up with him. They're waiting outside.

CLAUDIUS: Bring him in. (Enter HAMLET and GUILDENSTERN) (pause as CLAUDIUS does villain circling stuff) Where is Polonius?

HAMLET: At dinner.

CLAUDIUS: Come on, Hamlet.

HAMLET: It's not a dinner where he is a guest. Instead, he is the main course, ripped to shreds by the snakes of politics.

CLAUDIUS: Enough of this.

HAMLET: A man may fish with the worm that has eaten a king, and he can eat the fish that ate that worm.

CLAUDIUS: What are you saying?
HAMLET: Nothing at all.

CLAUDIUS: Where is Polonius?

HAMLET: Go to hell. (CLAUDIUS slaps HAMLET)

CLAUDIUS: (under his breath) "Go to hell?"

HAMLET: He'll be waiting when you get there. (Exit attendants)

CLAUDIUS: For your own safety and for the safety of all of us, you will be sent to England.

HAMLET: England!

CLAUDIUS: Yes.

HAMLET: Awesome. Fan fcking tastic. I've always wanted to go to England.

CLAUDIUS: Good. I fear you'll find your stay...a bit lengthy.

HAMLET: All the better. Bye, mom.

CLAUDIUS: That's Father to you.

HAMLET: No it isn't. (Exit GUILDENSTERN, HAMLET, and ROSENCRANTZ)

CLAUDIUS: I hope England can do what I don't have the strength to do again. (Exit)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 52.2K 27
Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy written by William Shakespeare early in his career about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths ultimately reconcil...
226K 4.1K 21
Set in the Kingdom of Denmark, "Hamlet" dramatizes the revenge Prince Hamlet exacts on his uncle Claudius for murdering King Hamlet, Claudius's broth...
3.2K 215 35
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - Willi...
63.4K 1.8K 97
Welcome to the world of the Vikings; and to Kattegat, the kingdom of Ragnar Lothbrok. Join him, his sons, friends and enemies in this book of one sho...