Breaking the Bond that Binds.

By Tallboysmith

The characters in this story aren't your typical Lycan/Werewolf characters. The storyline also takes a few u... More

Breaking the Bond that Binds - Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - The Bond
Chapter 3 - The Pain and the Ecstasy
Chapter 4 - Unsuitable
Chapter 5 - Rejected
CHAPTER 6 REMNANTS OF A BROKEN BOND
Chapter 7 - DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH
Chapter 8 - Free
Chapter 9 - Coming of Age
Chapter 10 - The day after the night before.
Chapter 11 - A wolf at the door.
Chapter 12 - Tick Tick Tick time bomb
Chapter 13 - Every move you make ...I'll be watching you.
Chapter 14 - The Bond that Binds
Chapter 15 - Hi Honey, I'm Home.
Chapter 16 - Surprise!!!!
Chapter 17 - Lose a Battle Win a War
Chapter 18 - Everyone has their Limit
Chapter 19 - Time to Fess Up
Chapter 20 - Dressed to Kill
Chapter 21 - A cursed bond
Chapter 22 - Desperate Times - Desperate measures.
Chapter 23 - I'm ready for my close up...not.
Chapter 24 - Like Old Times
Chapter 25 - Don't come any closer you make me ill.
Chapter 26 - Resolve
Chapter 27 - First Kiss
Chapter 29 - Truce
Chapter 30 - That &%$#@ Bond
Chapter 31 - Surrender
Chapter 32 - Fit a life time into one Night.
Chapter 33 - New Life
Chapter 34 - Back to the grind
Chapter 35 - Father and Son
Chapter 36 - Hot and bothered on a Full Moon
Chapter 37 - Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon 2
Chapter 38 Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon 3
Chapter 39 - Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon4
Chapter 40 - If you can't be with the one you love. Love the one you're with.
Chapter 41 - Mail Order Bride
Chapter 42 - Red
Chapter 42 b - Just a wee message to readers.
Chapter 43 - Don't get her Angry
Chapter 44 - Wolf in a Hawaiian Shirt
Chapter 45 - Nothing is what it seems
Chapter 46 - Chuckle
Chapter 47 - It's just a Job
Chapter 48 Intruder
Chapter 49 - Going down the Drain
Chapter 50 - Follow your nose.
Chapter 51 - Send in the Cavalry
Chapter 52 - Paying the Piper
Chapter 53 - Funeral for a Friend.
Chapter 54 - Self Sabotage in one easy lesson
Chapter 55 Die Carrot Die
Chapter 56 - Dinner Date
Chapter 57 - Friends, Rivals & Other Relationships
Chapter 58 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 59 - Something wicked this way comes.
Chapter 60 - More tropes than a KDrama
Chapter 61 - Nope...can't think of anything.
Chapter 62 - Ashes
Chapter 63 - Honour
Chapter 64 - Wolfsbane
Chapter 65 - To sleep -perchance to dream.
Chapter 66 - It never pays to eavesdrop.
Chapter 67 - Bugger - it's a full moon.
Chapter 68 - Jealous
Chapter 69 - When push comes to shove....
Chapter 70 - Complicated Relationships
Chapter 71 - Ended with a whimper and not a bang
Chapter 72 - Comfort
Message no Chapter.
Chapter 74 - Beast
Chapter 75 - Date Night Complications
Chapter 76 - Date Night Complications 2
Chapter 77 - Come Full Circle

Chapter 73 - Virgil's gone full Circle

4.6K 264 30
By Tallboysmith

Virigl (PoV)

My prank was pretty immature, totally lame but I, for one, got a good laugh out of it. Damien...not so much. Still it did result in something that I hadn't expected....it broke the ice between us. Some times something so stupid can be a reality check. Sitting on the floor shame faced he eventually saw the funny side. Relieved and beyond caring at that point about how foolish he looked, he just sat there as I explained how he had shown up very drunk and very upset about his dad and then decided that as my bed was...THERE he would sleep in it. Goldilocks must have felt the same way. I made sure he knew nothing, absolutely NOTHING happened between us.

Damien stayed the morning, we talked over breakfast, he showered and dressed in the only thing I had that fit, an old dressing gown that belong to James, not that I told him that. We talked some more. For the first time, there were no hidden agendas, neither of us were under the gun because of some deadline, no mating bond was messing with our pheromones. Apparently, I had inadvertently flicked the metaphorical circuit breaker on our long running tragicomedy.

By the time Damien left to go home we were comfortable with each other for the first time in three years. Perhaps not friends yet, but close to it.

Damien's embarrassment was complete when he had to call The PA to come and collect him as he couldn't remember where his car was. It was almost impossible controlling theurge to laugh as I watched Paul park the car, get out and wait to greet his Alpha. I have to give him full marks for control, his expressionless face didn't even twitch as a blushing Damien came rushing out of my building, with me in tow. Damien still wearing an old tartan dressing gown and socks, carrying a bundle of his clothing was a sight. Utterly mortified he did a weird sort of walk of shame to the car and jumped in. He made sure there was zero eye contact between him and The PA. While The PA looked at me over his shoulder with an amused smirk. A total pro as always Paul said nothing.

.....

Virgil (PoV)

The last few weeks have passed uneventfully, which sounds boring but considering the direction my life was heading, it's actually a blessing. I'd had enough drama for a life time.

All my plans are falling into place...at last. Paul and I have started running regularly and Lewis has joined us. My body is almost back to normal, no more pain in my joints and my heart can cope with a hard run. Wolfsbane never again. Our trio have ventured into the park land in our wolf form a few times and I find that it is the only time I truly understand what being a Lycan means and the concept of being a part of a pack. When the three of us run free my soul feels like it will explode, I am in my bliss.

By now the Lycan community know that the Freak back. I'm still shunned nothing has changed much in that regard. I've recognised several faces from my nightmare school days, older no wiser. I've heard the odd mumbled freak as I pass.  When I walk the streets I sometimes sense my fellow Lycan among the humans and they me but we pass without any sign of recognition. That's fine by me. I am a Rogue after all, they all know I have disowned them. Usually Rogues don't hang around their packs territory but I like being an abomination love to hate...the annoying prick that just won't go away. My wolf growls and lets it be known we are no longer a push over. I have roamed the area near my old home but I've never picked up their scent. They must have moved to another part of the city. I have no desire to make contact with them, they are dead to me.

As for Damien, as cruel as it is to say it, the death of Damos has lifted a huge burden off his shoulders. I think being the Alpha will be easier now without his father's interference. Not that Damien would ever think that, he misses his father a great deal.  However, I can be a mean spirited bastard and the old Alpha did try to kill me twice...so I'm not sparing him any harsh words. However, I do feel sorry for Damien's mother who is pining away for her mate, she is inconsolable, as all bonded mates are when their other half passes. Another wonderful aspect of the mate bond....yes that is sarcasm. Seeing the poor woman lose the will to live, simply because it's in her DNA reminds me of how much I hate the bond's control over Lycans.

Only one thing in my life is still in a holding pattern and that's my feelings for Damien. The bond connection is long gone. I now longer feel that irrational pull but I feel...well I don't know what I feel.  However, I know it's the time for big decisions.   So I've decided to ask Damien to spend the full moon with me... tomorrow night.  It was about the most obvious proposition imaginable, there's no way he can misunderstand it. This could quite easily turn out to be the stupidest thing I've ever done but...what the hey.  It's not totally about being on heat and sex,  although I do want him in my bed very badly.  It's also the time I'm the most vulnerable, not in control and I wanted him to be with me.  I wanted to show him I trust him.

Damien has invited me to dinner at the compound with him and his mother, for breakfast with him and Paul, a charity concert with several hundred other people. On every occasion there was a buffer. He always keeps me at arms length. So I'm going all in, doing a Braveheart and charging into the fray.  I'm on my way over to his office...."Boldness be my Friend".   If we are only friends I'll know and I can stop fantasying about anything more.

.....

The guards at the compound gate have got use to me coming and going and they just let me through. How weird is that...the Rogue ex-mate has the run of the place. Damos must be rolling in his grave....urn.

To get to the main house I have to walk  by the Chapel, it  always gives me the chills. I give it the finger as I pass. I only have bad memories of that place.   My wolf growls in agreement, he'd cock his leg and pee on it if I let him. I keep walking along the circular road which eventually leads to the main house.  I've come unannounced, totally unprepared accept for a line or two, there's no deep, heart felt speech written down and tucked in my pocket like in the movies.

"What are you up to?" The PA is striding out the front doors towards me, dashing as always. He removes his shades, blocking my way and cocking  a devilish eyebrow. "You look like you are up to something." He knows me well.

"I'm about to go and do something monumentally stupid." I answer truthfully.

Paul squeezes the bridge of his nose and frowns. "You've been so good lately, faking being a grown up really well, why spoil it."

"Do you really want to know what I'm going to do. I'll tell you, as long as you promise not to have a cow."  He frowns again, looks at me like I'm a lost cause.

"Two seconds with you and I have a headache." He walked away shaking his head.

I'm surprised I haven't chickened out as I walk to Damien's office, although it feels like there are snakes wriggling in my stomach and my throat is getting tight. Finally, I'm at the door, should I turn around and go back the way I came, let nature take it's course, keep my fantasies to myself.

I knock on the door....no guts no glory.

Damien is sitting on the couch, feet upon the coffee table, surrounded by paperwork. His shirt is open at the collar, no tie, sleeves rolled up...looking totally gorgeous and manly. He turns his head as I walk in and I can't help but think how thoroughly fuckable he is. He makes my toes curl and other bits of me stiffen. It was so much easier to ignore the effect he had on me when I hated his guts but now the anger is gone I have no defence.   "Hi, what brings you here?" He looked tired but not unhappy to see me. There was a nice welcoming smile on his face.

"Are you busy, can we talk for a minute?" Those snakes were wriggling and trying to work their way to my throat. My inner wuss kicked in. It was screaming DON'T DO IT.   I sat opposite him.

"Ooook..... you look like you're about to hyperventilate." Damien laughed, then leaned in, resting his elbows on his knees and staring at me with an amused, curious expression. "So what's up?"

At that point my wolf was growling at me to speak up. I could feel him effecting my aura and making it blaze and spark. I can see in Damien's eyes he saw it too and he was getting more curious.

"Well?"  He said softly trying to coax the answer out of me.

I puffed and straightened my shoulders as if I was about to lift weights or going into battle.    I've chatted up heaps of guys over the years, I'm good at it and it comes easily to me but this was terrifying.

"It's full moon tomorrow." It was a start...don't rush me. Damien nodded.

"I was hoping, maybe..." I'm just about there. Damien leaned in further.

"I was hoping you could spend it with me." There it was out. I could breath again. Damien stared at me, just stared. My wolf is growling, loudly, angrily, is this rejection again?

"Umm. I really need to hear an answer." Ok...so this is what being literally gutted feels like.

The room is so quiet I can't bear it. Damien gets up and is walking away.  Damn, shit, fuck how could I get it so wrong again. I better go before my wolf leaps, he's furious.  I'm up and heading for the door, humiliated, when a hand grabs my arm and yanks me back.

I land against Damien's chest, staring up at him. I refuse to cry. His other hand wraps around the back of my neck. He's looking at me but I haven't a clue what he's thinking, he looks as shattered as me.

Then he's kissing me softly, sliding his lips on mine so gently they barely touch. It brings back memories of past kisses. His grip gets tighter and he nuzzles his face against my neck.

"I'll be there at sunset." I shuddered so hard with relief I shocked myself. I hadn't released how much I needed him to say yes. He's let me go and pushed me away.

"You better go. I'm not sure I can control myself right now."  I'm not moving.  I can't take my eyes off him. 

Damien's out the door before I know it.

He said yes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.2K 30
Ashton Black. A 17 year old homophobe who's been waiting for his mate since he was 16. He's soon to be alpha and in a relationship with the most beau...
73.5K 3.5K 33
Virgil's whole family believes that the LGBTQ+ community is a sin. Virgil didn't know why. He just went along with everything his family did and say...
1.1M 31.2K 37
-- This has been discontinued, but a new story with the same characters and premise will be available soon! Do follow me to keep updated! -- Kyler Pa...
444K 23.3K 64
Inhumane experiments are turning Dante Gray, a werewolf, into a monster - can he and Chase, a hot-headed warlock, find a cure before it's too late? ...