Ephemera

By stellarflower-

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown" Ephemera: Nothing is permanent, flowers that bloomed will die in a... More

||Prologue||
||Aesthetics||
Inferno
Veneer of Bravery
Hope for the Hopeless
Perfect Little Accident
Tears Don't Fall
Hairbrush?
Eternally yours
Devika's 'mint kheer'
Love hurts
Betrayed and broken
Broken trust
Author's note
All is Lost
Yudhishthira's letter
Dilemma
Doors of life
New day
I have some questions
Towards
Family Time
Traumatic night
Issues
Fire
Tragic news
Hidimb and Hidimba
Hidden truths
Birth
Calm Before Storm
Fire borns
Moments to treasure
Twist in the Tale
Wrenched heart
Reunion
Note
Her swayamvar
Entrance
Time for truth
Insecurities
Serendipity
Divulgence
New cover
Review
Barren
Elysian
Unfaithful
Cadaver
Tranquil
Veer Sodari
Xenization
The Great Prank
Catharsis
Dreadful
Sovereign
Erstwhile
Love Story
Strike One, Down
The last dinner
Journey to Hastinapur
Indelible recollections
The First Dice is Cast
Why?
Trick to Tease
"Won"
Ambrosia
Her Leash
From Consecrated to Cursed
What?
Star crossed
On your own
Flaring the fire
Darkness Ascends
Veil Of Secrets
Little Brain, Big Doubt
Philosophy of Curses
50K Reads!
Peek A Boo

Sweet Bliss

476 21 27
By stellarflower-

I have been felt so utterly, completely happy, you are the cause of my euphoria.

~~~~~~

The next day, all the six brothers and their sister sat with Shri Krishna in the study.

"Jyesht, its time for you to perform the sacrificial Rajsuya yagya." Shri Krishna said.

"But Vasudev, is it right to do it? I mean maharaj is also our tatashree." Yudhishthir said unsure about what Vasudev said.

"Jyesht, think like a king and not a son. For now you have to think as a king for your praja and not as a son." Shri Krishna said.

"Vasudev is right Yudhishthir. We should start our journey to win the world now." Karna said.

"Fine then. Vasudev, how should we start the quest?" Yudhishthir asked Shri Krishna.

"Jyesht, you have to conquer the kings by either friendship or war." Vasudev said.

"But we should avoid war until we can." Yudhishthir said.

"Parth, you and bhrata Bheem should start your quest towards North. Nakul and Sahadev, you should go towards South and bhrata Karna should go towards west."

"What about east bhrata Krishna?" Nakul asked. Shri Krishna smiled secretly and said.

"Kings there are an expert with urumi, it is a foreign weapon and you have not learnt it well, we need to think about east.." Shri Krishna said.

"This Rajsuya yagya is going to take several years Madhav." Arjun said.

"Trust me when I say that jyesht will be Samrat by next year." Shri Krishna smiled again.

"How is that even possible Vasudev?" Karna asked.

"It is"

"Bhiaya." Dhriti said as everyone's eyes went to her, she had not spoken a word since the meeting started which was very unlikely of her. Except Yudhishthira, she addressed everyone here by their name even after being the youngest.

"Yes Dhriti?" Yudhishthira asked softly.

"Even I want to go for war, for the rajsuya conquest." She said as everyone looked at her in shock.

"Dhriti , you can't" Bheem said suddenly.

"I know you are a warrior and have fought many battles, but this is outrageous." Arjun said angering her.

"Dhriti try to understand, you can't come here-" nakul started.

"What do you mean I can't? Just because I am a girl, I am as capable as arjun and karn, and you all know that." Dhriti nearly yelled nearing the end.

"I think Dhriti can go to the east, she is the only one who can weild urumi as well as bhrata arjun and bhrata karn can weild archery!" Sahadev stood in her support.

'But it is not safe-" Yudhishthira said as she looked at him in shock, he never stopped her from battles.

"She might get herself injured; it is like pushing her to her death!" Bheem said as Krishna also nodded, they supported girls, but this was deadly, they were worried for their baby sister.

"It is an outrageous idea Dhriti, you should stay here and fight in case some one attacks." Arjun sighed.

"You are a girl." Nakul shook his head trying to discourage her, he was very worried she might get her injured in the battlefield.

"Dhriti, you are too young for this." Yudhi also said.

"Who do you think is the military head of Mathura? Who ran the whole kingdom alone after bhaiya left? I can go to the east! Everyone knows urumi is my most proficient weapon! WHY WOULD YOU STOP ME?" She screamed frustrated.

"Dhriti should be given the same right to go for conquest as everyone else here." They heard a regal voice at the door of the chamber. It wasn't their wife panchali but the queen Draupadi.

"I was denied a lot of things because I was just a girl, Dhriti shall not have to face the same things, she is brave and deserves every right to go and fight."

"Thank you so much Drau." Dhriti stood up fiercely.

"Draupadi are you sure? She is just 18." Bheem said getting up.

"Will you go and fight? Can you even hold the urumi? She is the best urumi warrior in aaryavart, the whole world knows that, she is really good!" Draupadi said supporting Dhriti in her stand.

"I am a warrior, I need to face the battlefield some day!" Dhriti said firmly.

Yudhishthira looked at his brothers questioningly as they agreed.

"So it is decided that Dhriti shall take upon the east, the kingdoms in that direction are lesser compared to other directions but they are skilled in urumi."

~~~~~~~~~'

In Vrishasena, Amelia and Vrishketu's chamber

"What happened Vrishketu?" Vrishsena asked his younger brother as he sat up rubbing his eyes. "Why are you shouting early in the morning?"

"The arrow!" Vrishketu exclaimed "It's gone!"

"What do you mean it's gone?"Vrishketu asked as he too got up "It should be under the bed! Did you check properly? If dad finds out we took his arrow yesterday to play, he will kill us, we must return it."

"Yes Bhaiya!" nodded Vrishketu .

"It's not here!" a muffled voice came from under the bed, and within no time Amelia, the youngest crawled outside with something inside her tiny clenched fist "But I found this! A red stone from Ma's anklets! It's so sparkly! And it's mine!" she said as she revealed a tiny ruby in her hand, she was just 3.

"What are we going to do now?" Vrishasena asked panic struck "If dad gets to know that one arrow is missing and we took it, he'll punish us! And when he asks for the arrow what are we going to say?"

"Tell him that it's back in his quiver!" came a reply, and they turned to find Vrushali in the entrance of the chambers. She was wearing a pink sari which had a brilliant gold border. She wore a ruby studded nose ring on her nose, and a beautiful pearl necklace around her neck. Her hair was neatly braided and tied at the end. She was glowing like a freshly bloomed rose.

Vrishketu and Vrishsena immediately got off the bed. Urmila walked inside.

"I returned it back to him last night" she said "And your father doesn't know who took it. But I need to know- Who took the arrow from him?" Her eyes focused on her little boys Vrishsena and Vrishketu, but mostly on the notorious little Vrishketu. Her strict gaze changed from one child to another until both were equally getting tensed.

Vrishsena looked at his mother. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with his soft palms and stammered "I-I-I took it Ma"

Vrishketu looked at Chandra, stunned, wondering why his elder brother is taking up the blame for something he didn't do.

"He's lying!" vrishketu shouted pointing his finger at His brother "don't lie! Or else Agni Dev will set your pants on fire! Ma, I took dad's arrow. It was me!"

"No!" Vrishsena "It was me!"

"No! It was me!" Vrishketu shouted louder.

"No! It was me!" Vrishsena screeched.

Vrishketu was about to shout back but Vrushali held her hand and commanded silence "One of you is lying and the other is telling the truth." She knelt down and held on to each of their hands and her voice softened "Now tell me, who took the arrow?"

"I did" Vrishketu said, looking at the floor. "I'm sorry"

"If I gets you an archery set made just for children, will you stop taking from your father's?" she asked and he nodded as a smile magically conjured up on his little face.

"I won't Ma! I promise a zillion million billion times!" he said and threw his chubby arms around Urmila's neck, hugging her in the process. Urmila's eyes went to Vrishsena.

Urmila gently tore free from Vrishketu's hug and held onto Vrishsena's hand.

"Why were you lying?" she asked gently "I know you love Vrishketu and you would do anything to save him from getting into trouble but don't lie dear, because one lie will make you say a million lies"

"I won't lie ma" Vrishsena said and Vrushali smiled, as she got up.

"I need to get Bhargavi ready, you both go and get ready for lunch." Vrushali said as she was about to leave but 5 year old vrishketu held her arm.

"Ma, I don't like getting ready by myself." Vrishketu said.

"Yes, ma, back in our hut, you would always get us ready." 6 year old Vrishsena added as they both gave their best puppy eyes.

"How about I help you both get ready." A soft voice came from outside as they all turned to find Draupadi standing there.

"You don't have to Maharani-" Vrushali started but was cut off by Draupadi.

"I am like your younger sister, won't you accept me?" Draupadi asked as Vrushali smiled and nodded.

"Now now, if you both come with me, I will tell you a secret." Drauapdi said smiling as they both got excited giving vrushali the space to leave with amelia.

Draupadi kneeled and told them the secret as they both grinned widely and agreed.

"And so, you can declare it once everyone is done eating." Draupadi trailed off as they agreed grinning.

After Lunch

Draupadi, Vrushali, The 6 brothers, Dhriti, The three kids were eating lunch joking and laughing. Once the lunch was over, the 6 brothers and dhriti were about to head to the court when vrishsena suddenly shouted.

"Wait! Wait!" Vrishsena shouted and the 7 of them stopped. "Vrishketu has something to say"

Vrishketu nodded and stood up and spoke in a clear but tensed voice "I-I-I want to tell everyone here that-that-that I am pregnant"

Bheem, Arjun and Dhriti's jaw fell down open. Nakul, Karn and Sahadev exchanged confused looks and Yudhishthira blushed heavily and he understood what vrishketu meant to say. Vrushali was trying to stifle her laugh, because she put the puzzles together, Draupadi was pregnant.

Draupadi felt the strong urge to slap herself now. Vrishsena nudged Vrishketu and he shouted "NO! NO! NO! I'm not pregnant! Kakishree is pregnant! She is going to have a baby"

The 6 siblings looked surprised as yudhishthira tried to find ways to get away from there, he was really red. Vrushali smiled and got busy telling Draupadi that she must rest all 9 months and how she should call her bhabi if she needed anything. While his brothers and sisters took advantage of the situation and started to tease Yudhishthira.

"So now we know where you were when you missed our sleepover." Bheem added winking.

"I must admit you work really fast." Karn added as he patted yudhishthira's back just serving to make him blush more.

"Uh, I had an important meeting, I should get going." Yudhi said trying to make it sound normal as he made desperate attempts to hide his blush.

As he was about to leave Dhriti blocked his way, "Today is declared holiday, to celebrate my shy Bhaiya giving up his shyness" Dhriti smirked as she saw his cheeks flame again.

"Who said today is a holiday." Yudhi asked raising his eyebrow, at this dhriti shut her one eyes and made a symbol in front of her eye and gave him a very cute smile.

"Won't you listen to your dear sister?" She said knowing his weakness was her cute smile.

"Fine." He said huffing when he felt a hand at his shoulder and shut his eyes tight, this teasing session would not end any soon.

"I am sure he will look like Bhaiya." Nakul said smirking.

"Whomever he looks like, I will surely make him a prankster." Arjun laughed.

"Yudhishthira reach to twist Arjun's ear when he felt his own ear being twisted and looked up to find karn, "Don't trouble my little bro." karn warned yudhi as arjun laughed.

"It is so good to have someone to pull his ear." Arjun laughed but then went quite seeing yudhishthira's glare.

"Then what am i?" Yudhishthira asked karn as karn left his ear and karn sheepishly smiled.

"The father of my to be nephew/niece" Karn shrugged making yudhishthira narrow his eyes.

"That is it?" He asked baffled.

"Yes." Karn laughed as bheem fist bumped karn.

"I can get you some books on how to deal with pregnant wives." Sahadev said then whispered, "I have heard they are very dangerous." He added and yudhi nodded frantically.

The 7 siblings continued laughing and joking around as one pair of eyes continued looking at Dhriti wistfully.

~~~~~~~~~~

How was the chapter?

What was your fav part?

Did you like the chapter?

What was the worst part?

Will it be a boy or a girl?

Do you support dhriti?

Any name ideas for both genders (cause i am not sure what gender i will choose)?

Who was looking wistfully at dhriti?

Plus some stupid questions

Does anyone listen to blackpink? Because face claim for Dhriti is jennie from blackpink.

Is it true that some Indian hacked bts suga's spotify?

Did you know that someone from justice family aka justin bieber's team got covid?

And shoo shoo, go listen to this song, it is amazing-

https://youtu.be/OuTLKgPyaF0

The cut that always bleeds by conan gray 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 208 14
Her eyes, brown like the mud she fell on, shed tears. Her hair, soft like a silk sari draped around her, laid on her shoulder even though they were r...
143K 7.9K 53
She was a princess, he was a prince, it could have been a simple story but no, life isn't simple and love is not easy and it can never be simple and...
31K 2.8K 54
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...
45.1K 1.9K 43
What if Abhimanyu learns of a secret buried deep in time - one not even his family knows about? The secret of SURYAPUTRA KARNA What would happen whe...