Sofia's Secret Mafia Brothers

By eleonora18943

Sofia is a 17 years old high school student under the guardianship of her step-father. Several weeks after h... More

Cast
0. Prologue
1. Escape Artist
2. Secret Children
3. Who Are You, Really?
4. Gunned Down
5. Journey to the Past pt. 1
6. Journey to the Past pt. 2
7. Bella
8. Houston, we have a problem
9. Brothers
10. Hijacked
11. A Place to Call Home
12. New Start
13. Lost Memories
14. The Company
15. Alessandro's office
16. Olive Trees
17. Shopping
18. Sleepless Night
19. Attack is A Form Of Defence
20. Paul
21. Sightseeing with Francesco
22. Pain Inside My Head
23. Another Year
24. I Don't Want to Go to School
25. Reunited
26. Cynthia
27. Bruno & Sofia
28. Bonding time
29. Money and Power
30. Bodyguard
31. Guardian Angel
32. Principessa
33. Return
34. The Extent of Privacy
35. To Keep Her Safe
36. Birthday
37. Luxury
38. Customer service
39. Mafia brothers
40. Enemies
41. Yet Mad I Am Not
42. Sweet High School Life
43. Fake Friends
44. Nothing To Say
45. Devil emoji
46. Two can keep a secret if...
47. Introducing Dogs to Cats
48. On the Road Home
49. Lost time
50. Meaningful conversations
51. It's All Coming Back to Me Now
52. Perfectly Normal Breakfast
53. Bathroom Break
54. Black Sheep
55. Escapism
56. Home Sweet Home
57. Apple Pie Life
58. Invisible Walls
59. Let the Party Begin
60. Family Tree
61. Never Again
62. Can I Sit Here?
63. Therapy Session
64. Impenetrable walls
65. Calm Before the Storm
66. No Time to Cry
67. Exchange
68. Broken Queen
69. Political prisoner
70. She's a ray of sunshine
72. Family united
73. Things Getting Better
74. Full House
75. New Leader?
76. No matter what

71. Brilliant Observations

47.6K 1.9K 243
By eleonora18943

"This is not going to work. Alessio said quietly" He was consuming his morning coffee, his brother was working on his laptop.

"What's not going to work?" Emilio promoted him to speak up with impatience.

"Rosario's strategy of keeping her here against her will"

"Any other brilliant observation?" Emilio asked. He was incapable of sounding anything else than stern so a person who doesn't know him wouldn't catch the hint of irony hidden in his voice.

"There's a ketchup stain on your shirt" Alessio replied stoically.

Emilio cursed under his breath. He hated dirt. But for now, he decided to ignore it and focus on his younger brother who clearly had some issues

"I think we can deal with her hating us but it's not just that. I hate hurting her morel

"It brings me no pleasure to keep my own sister hostage," Emilio said, his voice emotionless. "But Rosario is never going to accept letting her go"

Alessio shrugged his shoulders wordlessly. It seems like they were stuck.

***

The next day, in the morning Emilio knocked on her doors. Stress on knocked because yesterday he didn't. What a nice change. Sofia suspected what was the reason for that change. He knew.

She wasn't surprised, Felice told her this would happen. He said at their first session: everything between us stays confidential unless I believe you're at risk of hurting yourself. And now that she openly admitted in front of him that she did try to kill herself. He had to inform her family. She also believed it has to do with the fact that for a few more months she's a minor and he couldn't legally withhold that information from them.

"I brought you some food in case you don't want to eat downstairs," he said in a gruff voice.

Despite the fact that he was saying something nice he still managed to make his voice sound harsh, which was interesting.

But unfortunately, Sofia's mood worsened since yesterday.

"Mhm, thanks" she confirmed incoherently and didn't make any move to get out of bed.

"Would you mind if I eat here too?" He asked politely.

"No I don't," she said simply, she was "happy" he wasn't dragging her out of the bed by force. Although happy was a bad word to use... she was just content.

He sat on the chair next to the desk. He probably stayed to watch her eat. Well, though luck.

"You're not eating" he stated the fact.

She sat down and slowly started consuming scrambled eggs. She decided to eat because not eating would require motivation to fight them which she didn't have.

"If you would like to eat something else-"

"No, it's good" she interrupted him while taking a bite of her breakfast.

"Why can't I go out at night, you're worried I will escape at night or something?" She muttered. "I told Rosario I wouldn't"

"We just don't know you enough to trust you right now," he said bluntly. Ouch. He was right though.

"Okay, " Sofia said frustrated "Let's assume for a second that I would try to escape. I can try to run off in daylight as well" she replied with frustration.

"You're more than welcome to try if we need to update our security system I would like to know that"

"You're not even a bit worried that I would succeed?" Sofia asked taken aback by his calmness.

"No, even if you would leave this house for a few minutes I would find you, or Alessio would. We have this town memorized, we have people around the city who would tell us where you are"

"Keeping me here hostage will only make me hate you, just let me go back to them, please," she said quietly, she stopped eating and looked at half-finished scrambled eggs on her plate. She was done.

"We can't do that" Emilio responded, soon after seeing that he was not welcome he left her room. Before he left he turned to face her one more time "I'm sorry"

She didn't respond.

***

"This can't go on like this" Emilio started. "She barely eats, refuses to leave the room, you want her to have classes today? She hasn't moved from bed for hours," Emilio said to his older brother who was in the middle of sorting out the company's documents.

"She will get a grip eventually" Rosario raised his gaze from the documents when he heard Emilio leaving. "Where are you going?"

"To the club. I will get drunk and fuck someone you always do when something is wrong," Emilio said, the first time using a disrespectful voice towards his older brother.

And indeed that was what Rosario was doing when he felt something annoying was happening but the situation with Sofia couldn't classify as annoying. It was... unbearable.

"At least order her a drink first, remember about being a gentleman" Rosario openly mocked his reaction and Emilio rolled his eyes before shutting the door behind himself.

***

Rosario decided he will go to check on Sofia now that both Rosario and Alessio were out of the house. He didn't find her in her room and instantly got alarmed. Should he hire someone who will watch over her? Is this how that's supposed to-

"What are you doing?" He asked calmly. But he was nothing but calm.

She was in the kitchen, trying to pick a lock to the compartment where they started to keep the knives. It was locked for a reason.

The pin fell out of her hand.

"Nothing," she said a bit too quickly, without looking at him.

"Go upstairs then"

Rosario called one of his security team members and instructed him to watch Sofia more closely.

He needed to think.

No, he needed to make a call. Right now.

***

What call is Rosario making?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 136 36
Saylor runs away from her alcoholic parents right before summer break, and takes her little sister Sofia with her. Can she manage working a job, taki...
2.6K 62 11
𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐈 got taken away from her family at the ripe age of two causing everything to change in the Damianchi household. When all...
lost love By mfjazzy

Teen Fiction

2K 56 31
Carmella living in London with her abusive step dad thinking life could not get any worse after her mum died the only person she thought every truly...
54.6K 1.1K 40
15-year-old Sofia De Ricci accidentally kills her mum's abusive boyfriend and lies to everyone about his death. She believes she has no other family...