Hand In Mine

By winnieiswriting

[MATURE] After a hate-filled one night stand, Evanna Hill is in shambles. With her perfect reputation and Ric... More

𝘏𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘐𝘯 π˜”π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱π˜ͺ𝘨𝘳𝘒𝘱𝘩
𝘈𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘡π˜ͺ𝘀𝘴
π˜—π˜³π˜°π˜­π˜°π˜¨π˜Άπ˜¦ - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜–π˜―π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
π˜›π˜Έπ˜° - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜©π˜³π˜¦π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘍𝘰𝘢𝘳 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘍π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘚π˜ͺ𝘹 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘌π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜•π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
π˜›π˜¦π˜― - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜­π˜·π˜¦ - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘍𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘍π˜ͺ𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒
𝘚π˜ͺ𝘹𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
𝘌π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜•π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜–π˜―π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜›π˜©π˜³π˜¦π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘍𝘰𝘢𝘳 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘍π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘚π˜ͺ𝘹 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί 𝘌π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜•π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘺 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘺 π˜–π˜―π˜¦ - 𝘌𝘷𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘒 𝘏π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳𝘡𝘺 π˜›π˜Έπ˜° - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯 π˜”π˜Άπ˜³π˜±π˜©π˜Ί
𝘌𝘱π˜ͺ𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘢𝘦
π˜‹π˜¦π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘀𝘒𝘡π˜ͺ𝘰𝘯, 𝘍𝘒𝘀𝘡𝘴 & π˜•π˜¦π˜Ήπ˜΅ π˜‰π˜°π˜°π˜¬

π˜›π˜Έπ˜¦π˜―π˜΅π˜Ί π˜›π˜Έπ˜° - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘒𝘯

13.5K 391 129
By winnieiswriting

• • •

Getting slammed into plexiglass is no fun.

Not only does it hurt like a motherfucker but it means violations can be given and any injuries mean your off the ice. Which means sitting out. On the bench.

Grumbling to myself I cross my arms and scowl at my team, this was their way of punishing me for dropping them. Slam me into the plexiglass in training until Coach pulled me out.

The worst thing is I don't think Coach Quinn is that bothered either. Sat next to me his smug smile sits on his face as he watches the rest of the boys fighting for the puck.

"How is the Mama doing?" His deep voice brings me out of my sulking as he turns his head to look at me.

"You mean Evanna?" I question confused by his choice of words.

"Hmm" he nods, his expression coming into a that of a serious one.

"Did you get that from Ronan?" I glare turning to find his build on the ice just in time to watch him score. He had taken to giving her that nickname and now Coach had too?

"Yeah." He chuckles placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing.

"She is ok." I nod adverting my eyes from him as I feel my heart begin to quicken.

"You don't sound convinced Murphy. Everything is ok, isn't it?" He turns slightly to completely face me and I feel his eyes begin to burn into the side of my face.

So much had happened in the last two weeks that my mind was still trying to catch up with everything. I mean we had sex again, talked for hours and then fell asleep together which was something I never thought would happen between us. I felt different now and I didn't understand why.

The rest of the time was spent making sure Ellie was comfortable in her new place and showing her how to be a bit more independent now that she was living on her own. I checked on her most days and while she spent her time in the design rooms I was scrambling to sharpen up my skills on the ice.

Except a couple days ago I had noticed she seemed pale, tired and was mumbling her words. I didn't think to much of it as I knew she was struggling to sleep at the moment. Yet when she stood up to go to the toilet and had immediately collapsed to the floor I knew something was wrong.

"She is doing better. We had a scare a couple days ago where she got really dizzy and kinda fell." I swallow the lump forming in my throat at the memory. I had never felt more terrified in my life.

"Shit, Sloan." His eyes widen at my confession. I hadn't told anyone expect Ronan. Ellie didn't want pity and I didn't want to stress her out anymore.

"I took her to the hospital to be cheeked out. They said everything was fine and that it was just her raised blood pressure again and she was a little dehydrated. On the plus side we got to see the baby. She's 20 weeks now so we also found out the sex as well." I grin at the memory.

I could not have been more happy but I had never seen Ellie so shocked before.

"You not going to tell your old man then?" He grins winking at me.

My chest warms at what he referred to himself as. I wasn't going to. Me and Ellie wanted to keep it private except for immediate family. Yet watching as he looks over my face pride shining in his eyes I realise that he is immediately family. At least to me.

So leaning towards his ear I whisper what our bundle of joy is going to be. His eyes light up and his teasing grin vanishes into one of genuine care. "Congratulations, son."

Chuckling my thanks it gets swallowed up in the hug he squeezes me into.

"I should probably check in on her." I mumble pulling away.

He nods a knowing look in his eyes before he stands up walking towards the ice and shouts at Keon to stop being in the way. I snicker, my man did not deserve this treatment.

Pulling out my phone I dial her number and wait for her to answer.

"Evanna Hill." Her sharp voice answers, my brows furrowing at the greeting.

"Thorn, it's me."

"Oh" Her voice lightens a touch. "Everything ok?"

"I got benched." I frown still angry that I am wasting my practice here.

She laughs lightly and I feel something warm in my chest, "Poor baby." My eyes roll as I imagine her pouting down the phone.

"Are you ok? Have you eaten? What about drinking? -" I ramble before being cut off by her.

"Sloan. Relax I'm okay." She reassures the sound of heels clicking following her voice.

"Are you wearing heels?" I question is disbelief.

"Yes." Is all she replies with.

She could fall in them and hurt herself - You know what, a battle for another day.

The phone line crackles a little and I can just about make out the sound of the bell. Loud voices fill the phone and I know she is walking towards her next design class.

"Hey! Watch it asshole!" She shouts down the phone so loud I have to pull it away. The team is just coming off the ice snickering to themselves as they hear her voice. Coach grins shaking his head before moving them along.

"Why don't people watch where they are going? I mean do I not look pregnant Sloan? I am showing off the baby very proudly you know."

I chuckle trying to contain the grin that wants to form on my face at hearing how proud she is of her bump. I was worried she would want to hide it as I know she had said her mother told her should would get fat but the opposite happened.

She won't leave her bump alone and always has her hand over it. Who would've thought Evanna Hill was so maternal.

"I feel so grumpy today." She huffs and I can imagine the pout is back on her face again.

"I can tell." I snicker standing up and grabbing my helmet so I can make my way to the changing rooms.

"Whatever. Did you want to come over later? I'm trailing this lasagne recipe, if I don't burn to kitchen down obviously." She laughs lightly but its strained.

I know she is still struggling with the whole being by herself. I fear she is too isolated at the moment as she only ever talks to me and it can't be healthy for her.

"Uh" I hesitate thinking of Ronan.

"Oh." She breathes and before I can reassure her she stumbles out, "I'll see you whenever. I've got class now ship-boy." and hangs up the phone.

Cursing under my breath I wish she wouldn't shut down like that sometimes. I was going to have a study/guys night with Ronan so I could tell him about the baby. We haven't had a good talk in awhile and I kinda wanted to vent to him about everything.

Finding my way back to the changing room I ignore the guys catcalls as I walk towards Ronan. Grabbing my stuff I head to the showers to clean up, even though I didn't even really play. Still mad about that.

After showering and changing I meet Ronan in the car park as we head towards his truck. He prefers to drive out of the two of us so most of the time we take his truck.

"Is that smoke coming from your brain? I think your thinking to hard Ro." I chuckle as he turns to glare at me before focusing back on the road.

"I should be asking you that, no?"

Clicking my tongue I sigh in defeat knowing he is right. Parking the car were quick to hop out and make our way up to our apartment. Opening the door it seems empty and before I know what I am doing I'm looking for her.

I stop once I realise she has her own place now. Having her in my space for 2 months means that I now can't erase her from being here.

Sighing I bend slightly and pick up the pad from the table, "I still need to take these to her." I mumble placing it back and watching as some of her sketching pencil's that I brought roll towards the edge.

"Maybe you don't want to." He offers sitting down and stretching his legs out.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Questioning him I sit as well, rolling my neck to ease some of the tension.

"Have you ever thought you haven't given them to her because keeping them means you have a reason to see her?"

I go to deny it my mouth opening but nothing comes out.

"Talk to me, man. What is going on in your head?"

"I don't know." I mutter avoiding his eyes by looking into the kitchen. My eyes catch the fridge full of scan photos and I sigh. "She said sorry. Actually apologised." I laugh in disbelief shaking my head.

"I mean it's not like it's taken her two years, or her constantly teasing until we hate each other." My eyes find his again as I frown, "I mean, does she not thinks it's to late to be getting all heartfelt with each other and apologising."

"Maybe she really meant it."

"I know she did." I nod, "That's the problem."

Blowing out a breath I prepare myself to open up to him. "It all leads back to her mother. Always, god if I could run her over and get away with it."

He chuckles lowly, "I know. She told me it was all a misunderstanding."

"What? When?"

"In the first couple of week she was here." He shrugs looking nacholant.

"Why didn't she tell me?" I ask, utter astonishment in my tone.

"Her words were, 'he hates me'."

Eye's widening my chest begins to ache. She was prepared to let us hate each other, but why? Unless she was scared I would shut her down, humiliate her again? Holy shit, every time I say no or knock her back she is just replying that moment again and again.

Then I realise how big it was for her to ask me to stay that night.

It also explains why she shut down on the phone earlier, I denied her. In her eyes I'm rejecting her.

"Fuck." Squeezing my eyes shut I shake my head. With my shoulders dropping I pull out my phone and look at the picture I took of her. She was sat on the couch completely covered in blankets and a mountain of pencils around her as she sketched in the pad I had gotten her.

I don't even know why I took the photo. When I stumbled in from getting some food there she was and I had the instinct to capture the moment. I raw moment of her that no one else got to see, with her bare face and messy hair that was some how still in a pony tail doing what she loved.

"I - Fuck man, my feelings have changed. I don't know what to or when it happened but, I care for her. A lot."

"You like her." He nods his head as a small smile fills his face. He looks happy for me. "Do you think it's because of the baby?"

"No." Immediately I shake my head. "I thought that was what it is but things are different. I have seen the things I never thought I would with her. Empathy, kindness and fuck she does make me laugh with some of the shit she comes out with." Laughing lightly to myself as my thumb trails down her picture on my phone.

"I just have to figure it out. Let me get used to it before anything else. This is so new, I -" Finally looking up at him I find him watching me intently, "What if she doesn't feel the same? I have to figure that out otherwise we are going to have a repeat of 2 years ago. Except this time we have a baby in the middle."

"Take your time and do whatever you need to. I've got your back."

Looking at my best friend and brother I can't be more grateful to have him in my life. Ronan has gone through his own shit in life just like me, so to see us here, where we are. I'm proud of us.

"Anyway what the fuck was up with benching me today?" I frown narrowing my eyes as his lips begin to pull into a smirk.

"It's called, operation get Murphy's head in the game."

"Well that was stupid. What a waste of practice. What you really mean is that I am so much better than you all, I would have you on your ass."

"In your dreams Murphy."

"Unfortunately you are not in mine, Ro. I'm sorry"

"No, but your baby mama is." He snickers with a grin on his face.

"Fuck you!" I growl.

"Nope. Once again that is her job." His grin widens and I want to punch him.

Rolling my eyes I mutter in annoyance, "Order us some pizza you fucker."

"Aye Aye, Captain."

Standing up he walks into the kitchen and opens the draw with all the take out menus in. Pulling out the one I assume to be the correct one he pulls out his phone and puts it to his ear.

Reciting the order we both know off by heart now he talks to the operator.

"Wait."

My head snaps up at his voice thinking he is talking to the person on the phone but he has turned to lean against the counter now with his gaze narrowed on me.

"What is Ellie doing right now?"

"Uh-" I rack my brain to think of what she told me, "Probably making a lasagne right now."

Closing his eyes as its one of his favourite dinners I shake my head sadly at him, "She doesn't really know how to cook."

"Sloan, my man. Don't do her like that." He laughs.

"I - Can I see if she wants -"

"Yes." he cuts me off, "Go and get her." Rolling his eyes he turns back to the cupboards to continue talking on the phone.

Quickly shrugging on a hoodie I shove my feet into some trainers and head to the counters to grab my keys.

"Wait."

"What now?" I sigh turning to face him, "I just want pizza."

"You never told me."

I'm confused for a moment before my face lights up in realisation. Turning to point at our beautiful growing baby's pictures on the fridge I reveal.

"We are having a girl."

• • •

Hi, Honey Bees 💛

How are you all doing?

So we have made some progress in terms of feelings so I hoped you like how this is paced and feel the progression.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! :)

Q's

How did we like this chapter?

Do you like that Ronan supports Sloan?

What do you think is going to happen next?

End of Q's

Sending you all Love and Light! <3

If you enjoyed this chapter please,

VoteCommentShare

See you soon,

Winnie x

winnieiswriting 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 2.5K 41
[MATURE] Lucas James is the most career focused man you will meet. After being a big time player in the NHL, he has turned to his second love... dino...
6.5K 152 43
Mia has been supporting her sister, Ella, for the last 3 years after they ran away from home when Mia was only 18. She has worked up to 3 jobs at a t...
671K 15.4K 41
Kiya's life lacks excitement. However, one day, while she is singing in her dorm bathroom, someone joins in on the other side of the wall. Initially...
90.6K 2.6K 35
A single mom with a past, and a tattooed bad boy who needs to change his future. Macy Roberston knows better than to get too close to the bad boy hoc...