Famous or InFamous (KDA x Mal...

By PrimeJ13

The story of a young introverted college student who meets new people, comes out of his shell and kicks ass... More

Meet the main characters
Chapter 1: Back to school
Chapter 2: Opening up and a reunion
Chapter 3: Shopping and a chase
Chapter 4: Tension
Chapter 5: Investigation, Confrontation, Revelation
Chapter 6: Collaboration
Chapter 7: All I want for Christmas is you
Chapter 8: Identity revealed
Chapter 9: Dark side
Chapter 10: Stalker alert
Chapter 11: Loss
Chapter 13: All good things come to an end
Chapter 14: Prison life
Chapter 15: Freedom
Chapter 16: Lovers quarrel
Chapter 17: Flight
Chapter 18: Relaxation
Chapter 19 Concert and Complications
Chapter 20: Marriage and going public

Chapter 12: Games

1.1K 32 18
By PrimeJ13

Wednesday, june 10th 2020 Joe POV 10am

It's been a bit over three months since my dad's funeral. I spent countless nights out on the streets looking for Jhin, but I have yet to find anything. I've gotten into lots of trouble with the girls because of my many disappearances. They don't know that I'm looking for him and on more than one occasion accused me of seeing another girl. After another wasted night I went back to the dorm and quietly got in bed and snuggled up to Ahri. As I was laying there I kept thinking on what to do. That's when an idea popped into my head. If I can't go to Jhin, I'll just have to make Jhin come to me. There was this news reporter that wanted me on her show and interview me since I'm the son of one of Jhin's victims.
As soon as I woke up I sent an email to the news reporter. It didn't take long for her to reply and the interview is at 2pm. Then I went downstairs and saw the girls sitting at a table and they were having a hushed conversation.

Joe: Hey guys!

They turned to me with mixed expressions. Eve looked angry, Kai'sa was sad, while Ahri and Akali looked heartbroken.

Joe: What's wrong?

Ahri: Joe.....be honest. Are you seeing someone else?

Joe: In what way?

Evelynn: In a romantic way, don't play stupid!

Akali: If....If you don't love us anymore just tell us and we'll end our relationship. There is no point in leading us on.

Tears escaped her eyes as she barely managed to croak out the words.

Joe: No. I'm not seeing anyone else.

Kai'sa: Then why are you spending so many nights away?

Joe: I can't tell you.

Evelynn: So there is someone else!

Beneath all that anger in her voice was a genuine sadness and it was clear that Eve was starting to break down.

Joe: There isn't.

Evelynn: Then why?!

Joe: Because....

Ahri: Look Joe, in a relationship there are two important things. Trust and honesty. We're trying to trust you for the last three months now, but you're making it increasingly difficult. You are currently risking everything there is between us and you won't tell us why?

I sighed. They're right.

Joe: Fine....I was out looking for Jhin.

Kai'sa: You're not serious are you?

I didn't answer and just looked at the ground.

Akali: Oh my god you're serious.

Joe: I am.

Evelynn: Darling....I know you could probably take him on, but are you sure this is worth it?

Joe: Probably not, but I have to do this...

Ahri: But what i-

She was quickly interrupted.

Evelynn: If that is your wish. Then we'll let you be. You got any plans today?

Joe: Yes actually. I got an interview at 2. I should be back by 4:30. It's gonna be live on channel 4 so if you want to watch then be my guest.

Akali: Sounds good.

Evelynn: At least we have something to watch.

So we continued talking and eventually at 1pm I had to leave. I decided to go on foot and enjoy the nice scenery of Piltover. After almost an hour of walking I arrived at the news building

(AN: Do these buildings have a special name or something?)

I went in and made my way to the front desk.

Joe: Excuse me. I'm here for an interview with Janna.

Secretary: You must be mister Jackson then? I will escort you to her right away.

She got up and I followed her through a corridor. After a couple of minutes of walking we arrived in front of a door.

Secretary: Here we are. Studio 4. Janna is waiting for you inside so just head on in.

I nodded and entered the studio where I saw the reporter sitting in a black chair with an empty chair in front of her.

Joe: Excuse me, I'm here for the interview.

Janna: Yes, please take a seat.

I sat down in front of her and she turned to the camera guy.

Janna: Are we live?

The guy just gave a thumbs up.

Janna: Good. Good afternoon Piltover! Welcome to channel 4 news, I'm your host Janna and today we have a special guest. The son of the artisan killers 40th victim, welcome Joe Jackson!

I heard the sound of fake applause being played.

Janna: Now Joe, first of all I wanna say that I'm really sorry for your loss.

Joe: Thank you.

Janna: I want to thank you for agreeing to meet me for this interview. Now tell us, how close were you to your father.

Joe: We were very close. He taught me a lot and motivated me to do what I do. I always thought I was closer to my father than to the rest of my family....probably because I am powerless like he was.

Janna: You saw that you had a connection with him that no one else had?

Joe: Yes. I didn't have the easiest life growing up. People would distance themselves from me, my grandparents even hate me for being powerless. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my father was someone I could relate to. My siblings got all these awesome powers and I got nothing.

Janna: Interesting. Now, why do you think Jhin only goes after powerless people?

Joe: If I had to guess...probably because of a superiority complex that he can't get from people that have powers. Maybe he just can't beat people with powers and therefore only hunts the powerless. Who knows.

So for the next hour and a half I made up an entire story of me being powerless and as we neared 3:30pm, Janna asked a last question.

Janna: So Joe, is there anything you would like to say to the people watching?

I nodded and turned to the camera.

Joe: To all my fellow powerless people watching, I know you're scared to be next on his list, but you have to keep going. If you cower and run, you will only give Jhin more pleasure. As for the people that also lost loved ones to Jhin, keep fighting and don't give up. I can't guarantee that the pain goes away, but think about what your loved ones would want you to do. I know for a fact that my father wouldn't want me to cower in front of someone who only goes after people he knows can't fight back, so stay strong. As for you Jhin....if you're watching, then I hope you get what's coming to you.

Janna: Well said. Well ladies and gentlemen, people of all ages I hope you enjoyed our interview and I shall see you all very soon.

We both got up shook hands and said our goodbies. I left the building and I just made my way back. Three quarters of the way I heard someone speak behind me.

???: Excuse me sir?

I turned around and saw a man with a mask on. Poor guy must be horribly disfigured to wear a full face mask in public. He then held out a rose.

???: Would you like a rose?

Joe: Thanks friend.

I grabbed it and turned away. Then everything went dark.

Abandoned warehouse, 4:44am

I woke up with a splitting headache. I looked around to see a lot of people sitting in multiple rows of seats kind of what you'd expect at a theater. I tried to move, but I was tied down, courtesy of my own chain. All of a sudden a voice spoke up.

???: Ladies and gentlemen! Thugs of all ages I welcome you to tonights program. We have our 44th and final guest!

I looked at him and saw the same masked guy from before. You're saying that's Jhin?! Not what I expected.

Jhin: Tell me young man, do you know why you're here?

Joe: Because you're a fucking psychopath?

He let out an amused laugh.

Jhin: No no no. You're here because you're powerless.

He actually bought that crap? Should've thought about an acting career.

Jhin: You see, I take inferior people like you and I improve them by turning them into art. I thought I couldn't top your father young boy, but you Joe Jackson, you are going to be my masterpiece. You're going to be my Eiffel tower, my Rachmaninoff's third, my Beethoven's ninth. You are going to be my 44th and last piece of art.

The crowd went wild and I looked at him with disgust.

Jhin: But I am not heartless. I will give you a chance to get out of here with your life. We are going to play four games. If you win one of them you go free. If you lose one I shoot. The first three are freebies, but the fourth one marks the end. Deal?

Joe: Deal.

Meanwhile with the girls Ahri POV

Eve, Kai'sa and I were sitting in the lounge watching tv while waiting for Joe. Akali then walked in with her phone in hand.

Ahri: Any news?

She shakes her head.

Akali: No, he doesn't answer his phone.

Evelynn: He's with another girl I'm telling you.

Kai'sa: I don't think he would do that. He wouldn't tell us that he'd be back at 4:30 and then not show up at all.

Eve was about to open her mouth when all of a sudden the tv changed. It looked like a stage with a man in a mask and Joe tied to a chair. The girls and I gasped in shock.

Akali: Who's the mask guy?

Evelynn: Jhin....

Ahri: You mean Joe was captured by the killer?!

Evelynn: We don't have a lot of time. We got to find him.

Akali grabbed her keys and ran out the dorm while the rest of us stood petrified in front of the tv.

Back with Joe

Jhin: The first game is Blackjack. I suppose you know the rules.

Joe: Yeah, I'm familiar.

Jhin: Good.

Then some thugs came to the stage and set up a table, then they handed Jhin a deck of cards. He shuffled them and dealt the cards. I got a 7 of hearts and a 3 of clubs 10 in total.

Joe: Alright, hit me.

He gave me another card....and it was a 2 of spades....great

Joe: Hit.

5 of spades so now I'm at a total of 17. Taking another card would be too risky.

Joe: Stand.

He had a face up 10 of clubs then turned the second card up...a 6 of diamonds..totalling 16 so he gets another card...and it's a 4 of spades. I would've won had I been a bit more daring....well....not that I can't get out of these chains If I wanted to.

Jhin: Looks like you lost. You know what that means.

He drew his gun and shot me right in the stomach....and damn that hurts.

Joe: AGHHH MOTHERF-

Back with the girls Kai'sa POV

Ahri, Eve and I just watched in horror as Joe got shot. Tears were streaming down Ahri's face as she witnessed the brutality.

Ahri: What are we going to do? If Akali doesn't find them on time....

Eve looked at the tv with confusion. I just hugged Ahri.

Kai'sa: Relax she'll find him.

Ahri: She has to.

Back with Joe

Jhin: Question time! Every time you lose a game I can ask you a couple of questions. So my masterpiece, what are your hobbies?

Out of all the things he wants to know....he asks for my hobbies?

Joe: Ah fuck...I like music.

Jhin: Listening or making?

Joe: Both.

Jhin: It seems I have a fellow artist with me today. Tell me what kind of genres you like.

Joe: Edm....rap, rock....and electropop.

The pain was beginning to fade as the wound slowly started closing.

Jhin: Interesting....any instruments you play?

Joe: A lot....mostly guitar....

Jhin: Onto the next game. Uno.

A thug handed him a deck of cards, he shuffled and dealt us seven cards each before placing a blue 4 on the table. I looked at my hand and saw. A red 3, a blue 9, red +2, yellow skip, yellow reverse, a green 8 and a yellow 8. I place down the blue 9. He responds with a blue 0. I drew a blue 3 and played it. He then plays four 9s. He had only two cards left. I then played the yellow skip, then reverse then played the yellow and green 8s. Both of us sat there with 2 cards each. He then played a green +2.

Jhin: Uno.

I had a wide grin on my face as I slammed the red +2 on the table.

Joe: Uno!

Jhin chuckled and then revealed his last card....a blue +2.

Jhin: I win again....you know what that means don't you?

Before I could respond he fired a shot into my right knee.

Joe: GAH!

Back with the girls Ahri POV

Kai'sa, Eve and I watched as Joe got shot a second time. Kai'sa started sobbing quietly, I mean who could blame her. She's watching our lover get killed slowly. Eve on the other hand looked way too calm. How is she so calm about this?! I pulled my phone out and called Akali.

Akali: What is it Ahri? How much time do I have left?

Ahri: Not much....he just lost the second game.

Akali: I'll just have to drive faster then. Keep me updated.

Ahri: Sure thing.

I hung up the phone. Please make it in time Kali.

Back with Joe.

Motherfucker...that shit hurts...note to self: never get into a situation like this ever again.

Jhin: Well then, looks like it's question time again. In your interview you mentioned that you were close to killing yourself, after your fathers death correct?

Joe: .....

Jhin: Come on don't pass out now. We still got two more games. Now answer the question.

Joe: Yes.

Jhin: What stopped you?

Joe: My family....and a group of people who are very special to me.

Jhin: Powerless people?

Joe: No. Five of the strongest people I know. Even though one of them doesn't know it yet....

Jhin: Interesting...Tell me Joe, would you die for them?

Joe: I would gladly give my life for them every day of the year.

Jhin: Oh how noble of you. Let's move on to the next game. A single round of 5 card draw.

Seriously? Poker?

Jhin: You know the rules?

Joe: Yes.

Jhin: Good.

He snapped his finger and another thug came in. He handed Jhin another card deck. Jhin shuffled and before dealing he looked me right in the eyes.

Jhin: One eyed jacks and jokers are wild.

I nod and he deals the cards. I looked at them. King of clubs, joker, 3 of hearts, jack of spades, 4 of diamonds. I grabbed the jack, 4 and three Before sliding them face down across the table. He put them back in the deck and added two of his own before shuffling. He then dealt three cards to me and two to himself. I looked at my new hand. King of clubs, joker, king of hearts, 6 of spades, 6 of diamonds. A full house.

Jhin: Well I hope you are happy with your hand. It's time to end game number three.

I placed my cards on the table.

Joe: Full house

Jhin then placed his cards down. Four aces and a 4 of spades.

Jhin: Four of a kind. I win.

The crowd went wild yet again.

He stood up and shot my other knee.

Joe: GARGH!

You would expect it to hurt less the more you get shot. It does not.

Back with the girls Evelynn POV

The three of us stood in front of the tv and saw Joe get shot yet again. Ahri and Bokkie were crying uncontrollably. I called Rogue.

Akali: How much time?

Evelynn: Not much. Game three just ended, where are you?

Akali: Last place I can think of. Abandoned warehouses at the docks.

Evelynn: Understood.

I hung up and looked back at the tv. Before a thought came across my mind. Why isn't he breaking free? He is only being held by his own chain...he should be able to break free at any given moment. What are you planning darling?

Back with Joe

Jhin: Well, looks like the freebies are gone and I get to ask another round of questions.

Joe:....Go ahead.

My left knee already started healing. Thank you h-factor.

Jhin: You seem to not be afraid. Why is that?

Joe: Because....as long as there is still a game to play...my chances aren't zero.

Jhin: Hmmm. You know what they say about hope. I admire that. Shall we play our last game of the night then?

Joe: Sure.

He put a revolver on the table.

Jhin: Our last game tonight is.....russian roulette.

He then grabbed a single cartridge and showed it to the audience. Then he placed the revolver and cartridge in front of me.

Jhin: Go ahead load it and spin the cylinder before putting it back in.

I did just that. Pushed the cylinder to the side, put the cartridge in, spun it around and put the cylinder back in place. Then I handed it back to Jhin.

Jhin: You are a very interesting person Joe Jackson.

Joe: How so?

Jhin: You handed the revolver back to me. Everyone else loaded the gun and aimed at me. Shall we begin?

I nod and he puts the barrel of the gun to his head and pulls the trigger with no hesitation. A simple click indicated that the chamber was empty. He handed it to me and i pulled the trigger against my head. Click. Then him, click. My turn again and it clicked once more. He pointed it at his head with shaking hands. Click. He let out a breath of relief and gave the gun back to me.

Jhin: Looks like you lose yet again. Since you can't answer after you pull the trigger I'll just ask you upfront. During your interview you said that I would get what was coming for me. Do you really think that?

Joe: No, I don't think that...I know that.

Jhin: How so?

Joe: Simple.

I tossed the gun across the room.

Joe: It's about to happen.

With a single push I broke out of the chains and got up. He aimed his gun at me, but I ran at him with lightspeed and kicked it out of his hands before kicking his legs out from under him, making him kneel before me.

Jhin: You're not powerless?

Joe: Bingo. Now from where you're kneeling this might look like a run of bad luck. The truth is....the game was rigged from the start.

I shot a red neon beam through his chest and he screamed in pain.

Joe: Now it's your turn to answer. Any last words?

He looked me dead in the eyes with no sign of fear. He let out a chuckle before coughing. Blood ran down underneath his mask.

Jhin: ...Smile...for....the camera....you just....killed a....powerless....on live...tv....I've truly...made you...my master....piece...

He then fell down to his side. He was powerless?! I looked around the room and among all the stunned people I saw a singular camera with a red light indicating it was recording...I'm screwed. I shot the camera and ran out of the building only to almost run into Akali who stopped the bike, got off and ran into my arms. She started sobbing uncontrollably.

Akali: I thought I would never see you again. I thought we lost you.

Joe: Shh... I'm here, and I'll never leave you.

Akali: You promise?

Joe: I promise.

Sadly, that wasn't a promise I would be able to keep. We headed back home where I was assaulted by hugs from Ahri and Kai'sa. Then Eve came up to me and slapped me.

Evelynn: That was for worrying us.

Then she grabbed my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss.

Evelynn: That was for not dying. Now let's go to bed. You owe me for making us worry.

Eve and I headed to her room, where I had the night of a lifetime.

Chapter 12 done. Next chapter is gonna be the last of arc 1. I hope you enjoyed. Feedback is always appreciated and I'll see you in the next one. Prime out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 711 19
Trouble catches on with the Tethi family as Akali was enjoying her life as a famous popstar/rapper as she is part of a group called K/DA. Akali then...
270K 6.7K 67
Only matured rating due to explicit language use, but wholesome all around! :D ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖ Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, or Y/n Y/l/n, is the newly trans...
8.7K 255 44
Y/n, is a homeless war veteran. Before your service you ran away from home due to some...family issues...yea we can put it like that. The local V/A...
10.8K 203 7
Y/N is your average college graduate. Stuck in a dead end retail job. With his small amount of luck, he's landed a few good friends, and ended up in...