Breaking the Bond that Binds.

By Tallboysmith

The characters in this story aren't your typical Lycan/Werewolf characters. The storyline also takes a few u... More

Breaking the Bond that Binds - Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - The Bond
Chapter 3 - The Pain and the Ecstasy
Chapter 4 - Unsuitable
Chapter 5 - Rejected
CHAPTER 6 REMNANTS OF A BROKEN BOND
Chapter 7 - DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH
Chapter 8 - Free
Chapter 9 - Coming of Age
Chapter 10 - The day after the night before.
Chapter 11 - A wolf at the door.
Chapter 12 - Tick Tick Tick time bomb
Chapter 13 - Every move you make ...I'll be watching you.
Chapter 14 - The Bond that Binds
Chapter 15 - Hi Honey, I'm Home.
Chapter 16 - Surprise!!!!
Chapter 17 - Lose a Battle Win a War
Chapter 18 - Everyone has their Limit
Chapter 19 - Time to Fess Up
Chapter 20 - Dressed to Kill
Chapter 21 - A cursed bond
Chapter 22 - Desperate Times - Desperate measures.
Chapter 23 - I'm ready for my close up...not.
Chapter 24 - Like Old Times
Chapter 25 - Don't come any closer you make me ill.
Chapter 26 - Resolve
Chapter 27 - First Kiss
Chapter 29 - Truce
Chapter 30 - That &%$#@ Bond
Chapter 31 - Surrender
Chapter 32 - Fit a life time into one Night.
Chapter 33 - New Life
Chapter 34 - Back to the grind
Chapter 35 - Father and Son
Chapter 36 - Hot and bothered on a Full Moon
Chapter 37 - Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon 2
Chapter 38 Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon 3
Chapter 39 - Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon4
Chapter 40 - If you can't be with the one you love. Love the one you're with.
Chapter 41 - Mail Order Bride
Chapter 42 - Red
Chapter 42 b - Just a wee message to readers.
Chapter 43 - Don't get her Angry
Chapter 44 - Wolf in a Hawaiian Shirt
Chapter 45 - Nothing is what it seems
Chapter 46 - Chuckle
Chapter 47 - It's just a Job
Chapter 48 Intruder
Chapter 49 - Going down the Drain
Chapter 50 - Follow your nose.
Chapter 51 - Send in the Cavalry
Chapter 52 - Paying the Piper
Chapter 53 - Funeral for a Friend.
Chapter 54 - Self Sabotage in one easy lesson
Chapter 55 Die Carrot Die
Chapter 56 - Dinner Date
Chapter 57 - Friends, Rivals & Other Relationships
Chapter 58 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 59 - Something wicked this way comes.
Chapter 60 - More tropes than a KDrama
Chapter 61 - Nope...can't think of anything.
Chapter 62 - Ashes
Chapter 63 - Honour
Chapter 64 - Wolfsbane
Chapter 65 - To sleep -perchance to dream.
Chapter 66 - It never pays to eavesdrop.
Chapter 67 - Bugger - it's a full moon.
Chapter 68 - Jealous
Chapter 69 - When push comes to shove....
Chapter 71 - Ended with a whimper and not a bang
Chapter 72 - Comfort
Message no Chapter.
Chapter 73 - Virgil's gone full Circle
Chapter 74 - Beast
Chapter 75 - Date Night Complications
Chapter 76 - Date Night Complications 2
Chapter 77 - Come Full Circle

Chapter 70 - Complicated Relationships

3.8K 216 18
By Tallboysmith

There's probably loads of typos as usual.  I'll edit later tonight.

At around 1am Virgil gave up trying to sleep. After being in a hospital twilight for days he'd been looking forward to sleeping in his own bed, instead he lay watching shadows fade and re-appear across the ceiling, thinking things that only made him more anxious by the minute. Images of Damien in his wolf form, snarling, with blazing eyes and crazy Damos ready to claw him popped into his mind. A couple of strong pain killers would go down nicely he thought.

Virgil wondered if The PA was awake, he slipped his oversized hoodie over his boxers and went looking for his phone. He turned on the TV, settled himself carefully on the couch and tapped in a message on his phone.

"Are you awake?" V

"No." P

"Hilarious." V

"What's up?" P

"I can't sleep. Why are you awake." V

"Working." P

"Can you work here? Keep me company." V

"There in 20." P

Virgil smiled.

"Bring treats." V

......

Damien (PoV)

Damien spent the time burying himself in work. It was another day where he felt he had taken one step forward and then two steps back in his attempt to get closer to Virgil. He started the day hopeful that things were going to change, instead a pleasant breakfast turned into a farce, ending with Virgil leaving looking shell shocked.

The rest of the day was no better. The iciness between him and the PA grew worse as the day went on, and then there was his father. When he went to talk to him, it only confirmed how far his mind had deteriorated and how serious his fixation with Virgil was. His mother was at the end of her tether.

He was especially disappointed and angry with the PA and it continued to niggle him. After everyone left the dining room he and Paul had stayed to talk. Both of them held their coffee cups as if they were the last life jackets on the Titanic.

"I admire your father greatly. He was a powerful respected leader, a brilliant mind for business that made this pack a great deal of money. But..." The PA wasn't sure how to go on without sounding disloyal to his old Alpha. "..that was the second time he's attacked Virgil. Are you going to talk to him?"

"No!" Damien sipped his coffee, an uneasy silence between them. "Paul. I'll handle this." But this time, for the first time The PA didn't stand down.

"And how are you going to do that?" Paul's voice had an edge to it that Damien wasn't use to. This angry, challenging tone was coming from his right hand man, the person who was supposed to be ALWAYS on his side. Whose sole purpose was to serve the Alpha. The PA's eyes never faltered, even when Damien could feel his aura turning dark and his wolf growling.

Damien stood up and slammed the coffee cup on the table. "Speak to me like that again and you'll be seeing the inside of one of the cells. I said I will handle my father."

.

....

Paul (PoV)

The door opened a second after he knocked. Paul was stressed and tired but when Virgil called he felt he should go and see how he was. Lewis had delivered him home and made sure he was over the drama of the morning before he left him. He was carrying his briefcase full of work he needed to get through hand a plastic bag full of disgustingly unhealthy treats as requested. He was greeted with a grinning Virgil in an enormous black hoodie and not much else, his slim but strong runner's legs impossible to miss. He managed to look both cute and incredibly sexy at the same time.

The PA walked into the room feeling a little flustered, he wasn't use to the casualness of their friendship. He suddenly felt over dressed in his jeans, jumper and boots, He handed over the bag of treats.

"OM...you are the best." Virgil rummage through the bag to see what he'd brought. "I've died and gone to heaven." He turned the bag out on the kitchen bench, a tub of salted caramel and praline ice cream rolled along the top and was saved from falling to the floor at the last minute. Popcorn, a few bags of chips and a huge bar of chocolate, fell in a pile on the bench. Virgil made a Homer Simpson gurgle noise. Paul was clueless.

The PA noticed the suitcase from earlier in the day was opened in the corner of the room and tried to ignore the urge to put everything away. He started taking his paperwork out of his brief case and piling them on the dining room table but Virgil dragged him to the couch. "Lets watch a movie."

"I've got work to do. You watch the movie I'll sit over here." Virgil held on to his arm. Paul could feel how weak Virgil's grip was and gave in anyway. He was pushed down on the couch and next minute his boots were being pulled off. "Get comfy."

Virgil disappeared for a minute and then came back with two spoons and the ice cream.

"The Suicide Squad....I've seen it three times already." Virgil huddled close to Paul, working there mote. Paul just stared at him, wondering if he realised how he affected people. He felt his warm soft body lost in the huge hoodie press against him. All this scene needed was them both wearing facial masks and it would be a chick flick. A thought came to him and he asked gently. "This is what you had with James, isn't it?" Paul meant the simple camaraderie and he pointed at the scene.

"Mmm..yes I suppose. It was nice at the end of a bad day to have someone to chill with." Virgil looked sad and then added urgently. "I'm not using you as a replacement or anything like that." He looked horrified that Paul might think that. "I like your company."

The PA nodded at the TV and said "Shut up then and start the movie. I'm warning you, start telling me the plot and I'm leaving."

"This IS nice." Virgil turned his innocent face up at Paul. "The best I've felt all day." Paul felt doomed.

......

Damien (PoV)

Damien and a lieutenant stood at the door of Damos rooms. They were on the top floor of the East Wing of the main house and over looked the whole compound. "Are you ready?" The Alpha asked. The lieutenant was a older man, close to his father's age. He was dressed in the uniform of all lieutenants...tailored black suit and expressionless face. The man pulled a pen from his coat pocket, clicked it and slipped it into the clipboard he was carrying. "Yes Sir."

Damien knocked on the door and the two men waited. No answer came and Damien was about to knock again when his mother opened the door, she looked harassed. He realised how much she had aged recently. The constant worry for her mate showed in the deep lines in her face.

"This isn't a good time darling." Luna held her hand up to stop him coming into the room. "Please another time." She begged softy. Her gentle eyes pleading with him.

"Who's there?" Damien heard his father bellow from another room. He set his mother to one side with gentle hands on her shoulders and a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Father. Can you spare a moment.' Damien strode in his lieutenant in tow.

He could hear the thudding footsteps of his father coming in his direction. He appeared at the door of the bedroom and strode straight up to face him... inches away. "You dare show your face in front of me. You insolent pup." Damos's chest expanded. His breath hot and unpleasant on Damien's face. His mind may have suffered a blow of late but he was still a powerful Lycan. His aura flaring angrily.

"How dare yo bare you fangs to me. You aren't the Alpha yet and I won't have that lowborn rogue in my home. He should have been long gone and out of our lives." He started to pace up and down the room, his wolf growling. Damien and his mother shared a strained look between them and then his mother sat down. Damien could see the tears in her eyes. "Sophia, now she, would have make an excellent mate. I hope you haven't offended her."

"Don't think you'll get away without a punishment. My word is law, as much I love you son that was out of line." He was getting angrier by the moment. These days Damos was like a volcano, starting with a rumble and progressing to an all out colossal eruption in the matter of seconds.

"The PA is no better. What hold has that boy got over the two of you. You both run around after him like love sick puppies. If he shows his face here again I swear I will kill him with my bear hands. I keep warning you but no more."

Damos was moving towards Damien his fingers curled into claws and the veins on his neck bulging. Luna jumped up. "Please calm yourself darling, please, please you'll make yourself sick again." Damos threw her off. "I'm perfectly fine. My wolf is as powerful as ever." He growled. "What sort of mate are you...why aren't you reprimanding your son for disrespecting his father and Alpha. What use are you." Damien had had enough.  He saw his mother cringe, the pain cutting to the core.  It had become obvious to Damien over the months that although a mate bond was unbreakable and the connection between  mind, body and soul complete; when the mind starts to  fragment due to illness it caused glitches.  The connection breaks down, so does the bond.  His father's erratic behaviour was bad enough but even worse was seeing his mother feeling what amounted to rejection by her mate.

"Father." Damien said in his loud Alpha voice, his own aura now blazing and sending sparks in a directions. His Alpha presence unmistakable. His wolf proudly poised and ready to make an appearance again if needs be.

"I am the Alpha of the Pure Bloods. I have been for almost a year." The statement was simple and clear. His father stopped in his tracks. His hand hung in the air for a moment before it fell to his side. His eyes darted around the room, slowly understanding replaced the anger, as if a fog lifted and he could suddenly see clearly. Then came the reality and of what he had just said and done, the horror and humiliation. Luna rushed to him and he dropped to the couch holding his head.

When Damien left the room his lieutenant was close by. When they were alone he spoke in a shaky voice. The conversation was even worse than he expected. "So...Doctor what's your assessment of my father's current mental state?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 1K 38
This is about a boy who hated love . He doesn't want any type of relationship in his life, he just like living and surviving alone. That was his life...
919K 41.9K 72
In a single moment, Simon's life had turned upside down. Homeless, packless, rejected, and without his beloved family, Simon had lost all he's known...
395K 20K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...
3.8M 158K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...