Falling For The Shadow (A Fai...

By ashortino399

When a girl comes falling through the doors of a wizard guild called Fairy Tail, the wizards have no idea how... More

Character Intro / Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20 1/2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
10K

Chapter 13

2K 50 37
By ashortino399

****Hi!!!! Did ya miss me? Sorry it took a bit to get the next chapter up, but I've been busy with school and lacrosse, and life in general, so I hope this next chapter makes up for it. This will be an advancement in the story and I have the rest of the story planned out, I hope you all like the next chapter. I'm also quite pissed that my computer froze just as I was about to finish the chapter and when it unfroze, it deleted the entire thing and I spent ten minutes threatening to kill anyone who looked my way. The image above is related to the story in a different way. Comment if you have any idea how. Please continue to read and support this story by following me and COMMENTING, VOTING, and SHARING. ENJOY!****

**************************************************************************************************************************

Rin POV

I walked down the path and back to the guild as slowly as I could. Going back meant I had to put on my happy face, and I hated that. Pretending to be happy all while my deranged pshyco sister is trailing me, it wasn't me. I made a turn just as a flap drew my eyes up. Night landed on my shoulder and her wings disappeared.

"Rin, are you OK?" She asked. I nodded.

"Was it Ahri?" Fear held tight to her words. I nodded again.

"Is she still testing you? When will you strike back?" She pressed.

"She'll test me until she finds an opening. She's not stupid, she knows I'm stronger so she won't attack until she has a trump card bigger than mine. When she attacks, and I mean bring her full force, then I will strike back. Picking her demons off one by one is trivial. So every time, I have to be careful not to show her a change in my attacks." I replied, I was almost at the guild now and Night's wings reappeared as she prepared to take flight up to the roof.

She jumped up but stopped, "Are you sure you didn't let anything slip in you last fight?" She asked.

I though about it and shook my head. "No."

She nodded and turned around, flying up to the roof where she spent most of her time relaxing in the sun or talking with the other Exceeds. I grabbed the knob and slipped inside the guild where I headed straight for the bar. I needed a drink.

I sat down at the end and Mira came by with a mug of beer which she set in front of me with a side of her usual smile. I nodded my thanks and downed most of it in one gulp. I was about to take another sip when Team Natsu approached me. Noticing my return made most activity in the guild stop and most eyes followed me in a not very subtle fashion.

"Rin-san, what's wrong?" Lucy asked, taking my hand. I didn't look at her and instead pulled my hand away. Her expression looked hurt and Natsu took a step closer to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"What happened?" Gray asked, his shirt somehow managed to come off in the process of walking from the back of the guild to the bar. I flicked my black eyes to his and then back at the mug in front of me. "Gray, your shirt."

He looked down and gasped, he recollected his discarded short from the bench it was hanging on and walked back, mumbling something about not bothering to wear clothes at all.

"Ahri sent a metal demon after me, I fought it with the Dragon Slayers and defeated it. I know Ahri was watching, just like with the other attacks, these are all tests from her to find a crack in my plans." I replied.

"You should've called me! I'd like to take a crack at a demon once in a while," Natsu grinned, cracking his knuckled and getting that crazy look in his eye.

"You will do no such thing brat!" Master called from his spot down the bar. Natsu's eyes lost their sparkled as he sulked and muttered a disappointed 'hai'.

I finished off my beer and got up, making my way to the master. I stopped in front of him and bowed.

"I'm sorry for the damage inflicted on the guild house. I promise to never lose control like that again or endanger that guild. If you want me to leave I understand."

My voice was so calm and void of emotion even the master's eyes flew open in surprise. Leaving a guild was a big deal, and I made it sound like it was something I did every other week.

"No. Rin, you are a member of Fairy Tail. Do you know how many times we had to have this place redone because those two brats destroyed it?" the master asked pointing a thumb at Natsu and Gray.

"HEY!" They both said at the same time before butting heads again.

"I'd do it again squinty eyes!" Gray growled.

"Just try it ice stripper," Natsu replied, his eyes gleaming with a fire-like aura.

Erza took the hint from the master's look and punched them both on the head. Bumps peak out as they crumpled to the floor and whimpered and apology to the master. He nodded and smiled at Erza who bowed her head and turned back to me.

"So long as you bear that mark on your shoulder Rin, this will always be your home and we will all stand with you in your fight against Ahri."

Cheers arose from the guild along with the sound of clanking mugs and the occasional toppling of a bench as a fight broke out. I let a corner of my mouth twitch into a momentary smile and that was enough for the master who gave me a big toothy smile in return.

After things started to gt rowdy, I told him I would take my leave to my apartment for the day and I left the chaos behind as the first magic was used.

I started down the path to my apartment and called Night. She flew down from the roof and flapped beside me as I walked down the street. "Well?"

"They said they would fight for me, but I don't need them to. What I need is for them to stay out of this fight between me and Ahri, I can't have them there clouding my judgment or making my hesitate because someone might get hurt due to my choices." I replied.

I entered the apartment building and opened my door. My room as empty as far as decorations go, I had some clothes hanging in the closet, a bathroom with a bath, a couch, a table, and a bed. I lay back on the bed as Night curled on the couch. I rubbed my temples as the fight drew into my mind. More specifically, a certain Shadow Dragon Slayer wizard drew in my mind.

When I first caught Rogue staring at me, he was blushing, I'd seen a lot of different reactions, but his was the first.

Was he embarrassed that he was caught starring?

I'll admit to no one but myself that he was a handsome man. His hair was as black as min and his red eyes were kind as well as intelligent, unlike his stubborn blonde partner. The power I felt from his was so strong, but so well controlled, I felt like I could relish in that feeling for hours on end. I threw myself forward as a though dawned on me, one I had never though of before.

Why had I saved him?

He was a stranger. I usually ddin't care about others in fights, but I had sacrificed a strike to ensure his safety.

Oh my god!

If Ahri saw that, she would think I've grown soft and attached. Oh my God, Rogue was becoming my crack, my weakness! Shit, that's not good.

I groaned and exquipted into a a short nightgown that barely reached my thighs. I slipped into the bed and dozed off thinking about how I was going to convince Ahri that Rogue wasn't my weakness. More importantly, I had to convince myself that too.

Rogue's POV

As Sting and I entered the Sabertooth guild house, Sting entered like he always did, by smashing through the doors and announcing to the entire guild that we were back. It gave me a headache.

By now, it was dark outside ad the moon was rising. I told Sting I was going to my room and he waved me off, saying he wanted to get a few drinks. Lector followed him and Frosch trotted beside me. I went to my room and untied my cloak, hanging it on the hook.

I stripped down and took a hot shower, which always felt good after a fight.

As the hot water steamed around me, I looked through the steam and I thought I saw someone standing by the stone sink. I stepped out of the water and peered into the steam, it was a girl; she was clutching a towel around her body and her long black hair was damp against her back.

"Hey!" I called out and the figure slowly turned. I gasped as those black eyes met my red ones. It was Rin!

I started as her eyes held no coldness in them, instead they were full of light. I found myself reaching out to her, "Rin . . ."

She smiled and turned back as the steam clouded my vision. I fanned it away only to find an empty bathroom.

I rubbed my eyes and scanned the room, empty. Did my mind just create the image of Rin in my bathroom, in a towel? Were my feelings so deep for Rin that I was starting to have daydreams about her?

I shook my head and turned off the water. I wrapped myself in a towel and found Frosch asleep on my bed. I smiled and slipped on a pair of black pants before laying in bed and falling asleep with the feeling that Rin might visit my dreams too.

"Someone who wants me dead."

That one sentence made me grip the sheets so hard my knuckles turned white. "No, if anyone tries to hurt you Rin, I'll kill them first."

I said this to no one but myself and it made me feel a bit better as I drifted to sleep wondering if Rin could tell that I was beginning to fall for her.

****************************************************************************************************************************

****I apologize for any spelling errors, I'm horrible at revising, and I'm sorry this took a bit to put this chapter up. After it got deleted, I was so mad about it, I stopped writing for a few day and I just got my ideas back today. Now we got something between Rogue and Rin, how do you guys feel about that? So like always, see you guys next time. Ja!****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 87 17
*This story is under major editing, and many events will be changed, for those who have already read this story. I will try my best to finish it as f...
11.5K 256 15
Set a week before the GMG, an elemental dragon slayer suddenly pops up, and joins Fairy Tail. They learn her magic isn't exactly dragon slaying, but...
116K 2.4K 50
It was just a normal day in the FairyTail guild. Then, the guild doors opened, and revealed a silver-haired girl. Lissana came from the 'dead' and th...