I Miss You (I Blank You #1)

By misszuri

Shauna Irene Dilamis or shortened for Rena, decided to expand her business in the Philippines. Hearing the ne... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten

five

5 2 0
By misszuri

"Good morning, I'm Lee Moriarty from Beilin Co. We're all here today to witness the beginning of the first Luna Estates in the Philippines." Keene starts off the meeting with his ever-charming smile present on his lips, his greeting is followed with the applause from the people inside the room.

Tumingin si Keene sa akin and motions in my direction, "Of course, in courtesy of Ms. Dilamis."

I look around the room with a bright smile, my eyes lingering on Keene.

My good mood is ruined when, "I'm sorry if this would come off as unprofessional but are you perhaps British? Based on the way you pronounce your words," a question from one of my investors catches everyone's attention.

Hindi ko mapigilan na mapataas ng isang kilay, [ She have the guts to open such question? ]

It seems like hindi rin inakala ni Keene ang biglaang personal na tanong, "Ah, yes, Ms. Aileen. I migrated from the United Kingdom" he kept his answer simple and short, keeping it professional even if he was caught off guard.

[ First name basis sa kanya pero last name sa akin... Wow Keene ]

Napatawa ako ng mahina at tinakpan bibig gamit ang aking kamay, faking a cough once I felt her eyes on me. "Mr. Moriarty, if you could. This is strictly business only right?" I threw back his words at him with a sweet smile.

[ She's not a loss for the company if ever she plans to pull out. ]

Keene nods at me, "I appreciate the concern."

The same smile is still plastered on his lips, "Although, I would like to remind not only you Ms. Dilamis but also to everyone in this room that Beilin Co.'s rules are 'Respect is a must.' and to 'Keep everything professional and work-related.'"

Umiwas agad ako ng tingin kay Keene at tumango sa kanya. Medyo bumaba ako sa seat ko ng maramdaman ko na bahagyang uminit mga pisngi ko.

"Now that's out of the way," Keene clears his throat before hitting the button from the remote.

The meeting continues with Keene explaining the details on what and how the advertisement would look like ranging from billboards, videos, and artists to get for the promotion. All the while making sure of everyone's approval.

Although, the annoying girl doesn't take a hint...

[ Gosh, pinagsabihan ka na. Stop with your so-called advancements, work-related nga eh. ]

Finally, matapos ang halos kalahati na oras, naidaos ni Keene ang presentation with no changes on his plan and keeping it professional even with the suggestive side comments from the girl.

He clicks the button to show the end of the slide and turns to face us, "Again, my name is Lee Moriarty and this marks the first meeting of Luna Estates. Thank you for your time and have a great afternoon!"

Nakipag kamayan ang investors sa akin, congratulating me on the upcoming building along with Keene who gave a wonderful presentation.

Minutes passes by bago unti-unti mawala ang mga tao sa kwarto, pupunta na sana ako sa tabi ni Keene para purihin siya pero may humarang sa harapan ko.

"Ms. Dilamis," simula niya kasama ang malaki na ngiti sa labi niya.

"Mr. Crulin, how can I help you?"

He shakes his head at my question, "Just wondering if we can maybe grab a coffee?"

Bohj Crulin, he's one of the big investors for Luna Estates. A 30 years old Filipino billionaire in the Philippines. From what my secretary told me, he's planning to expand and build a business abroad.

What's more: he's a good looking man, mabango, well-built body, matangkad, donates to different organizations, an active community member, at higit sa lahat maginoo.

Even with his book-like traits, he seems to have terrible luck with who he likes.

[ Sorry to tell you Crulin but my heart is still captivated by the same man who broke it into pieces. ]

We're snapped out of our little bubble when stack of papers dropped, "Shit" napatingin ako sa direksyon ni Keene na inaayos ang mga nakakalat na papel sa lapag. Pinigilan ko 'yung ngiti na nagbabanta kumawala sa aking labi.

Bumalik tingin ko kay Bohj at umiling, "I still have some briefing to do with Mr. Moriarty."

Bohj nods at my blatant lie, pulling out his call card from his pocket, "Don't hesitate to give me a call once you have free time. I'll be waiting for it."

I hum at his words, "Will think about it and that's your secretary if I'm not mistaken?" sabi ko pagkatapos ko kunin 'yung card sa kanya habang tinuro 'yung tao na nakatayo sa labas ng pinto.

He gives me a smile that people swoon over, "It's nice meeting you, Ms. Dilamis." He gestures for a hug, asking permission. After getting a nod from me, he leans in and engulfs me in a hug.

"Looking forward on knowing you more," sabi niya habang humihiwalay at kumaway bago umalis.

Hindi ko masyado binigyan pansin 'yung call card niya at walang dalawang isip na isinuksok lang ito sa loob ng clutch bag ko. Nagmamadali na pumunta kay Keene.

"Keene, can we—"

"No."

Kumunot noo ko sa mabilis niya na sagot, "No?"

Keene looks at me after gathering the scattered papers, he stands up and jogs the papers against the table before placing it on top of his laptop, "You heard me the first time."

"Now if you'll excuse me, Ms. Dilamis."

"What am I doing wrong, Keene?"

His retreating back halts, hindi siya humarap sa akin, nakahinto lang siya na para ba pinaliguan siya ng malamig na tubig.

Even with his back facing me, I can see him trying his best to keep his composure, "Reflect that on yourself, Shauna."

"No. I'm tired of reading you. I'm tired of guessing what your action means. I'm not a mind reader, Keene."

"Don't start again, Shauna..."

"Then why? Anong nangyari sa atin?"

"Try remembering it yourself. I'm sure you're old enough to realize why our relationship ended, Shauna." Keene sighs before saying his last words, "Have a good afternoon. This is a workplace, Ms. Dilamis."

Just like that, nawala siya sa paningin ko. Again.

"Before the class starts," bungad ng professor namin. Samantalang nakatunganga ako sa pwesto kung saan madalas nakaupo si Keene. Bumalik ang pandinig ko ng marinig ko buong pangalan niya mula sa professor namin.

"Lee Moriarty decided to change his major, he wouldn't be your blockmate anymore. Moving on..."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko ng marinig ko ang balita, 'yung tibok ng puso ko bumilis habang ang hininga ko naman ay natigil ng ilang segundo. It's the first time that I can't take my eyes off my wrist watch everytime we start a class.

Finally, the time for our lunch break is announced. Dali-dali akong lumabas ng room namin, isang destinasyon lang ang nasa isip ko.

"What major is Lee Moriarty currently enrolled in?" mabilisan ko na sabi.

She promptly looks up from her keyboard, "He prefers on not disclosing it" tipid na sagot niya at bumalik sa kanyang gawain.

"Look miss, I don't have time for this. Please just give me his major."

"No can do, Ms. Dilamis."

I clicked my tongue at her stubbornness, "Fine" I groaned out while taking out my wallet to quickly pull out blue bills, not counting it. Not that I care, the only thing I have left in mind is Lee Moriarty.

"Is that enough?" sabi ko habang pinasok 'yung mga blue bills sa butas ng salamin. Mukhang alisto siya kapag dating sa pera dahil agad-agaran niya kinuha ito at sinabing, "Marketing Management."

I quickly ran out of the office to go to the Marketing Management building. Scanning the area only to spot the messily slicked back brown hair I memorized straight away.

"Keene!" sigaw ko habang tumatakbo papunta sa direksyon niya.

"That damn greedy registrar" rinig ko na bulong niya sa sarili.

Before I can say another word, Keene cuts me off, "Why don't you take a hint, Shauna?"

"How about you take a hint, Keene?"

Keene grabs my hand and pulls me in a swift motion, he manages to find a somewhat private area wherein there's less to no people passing by. He lets go of my hand and that's when I came to realize that he finally lets go of the tears he's been holding back.

I hesitantly reach out to wipe his tears away but to my dismay, umiwas ng tingin si Keene at pinunasan sarili niyang luha, "What are you doing here?"

"I came for you..." sabi ko habang binaba kamay ko.

Nanatili nakatingin si Keene sa sahig, "Well, now that you saw my pathetic face, you can take your leave now and laugh at my idiocy."

Naguluhan ako sa mga binitawan niya na salita, "What? Keene, what nonsense are you talking about?"

"What I'm trying to point out is that this is where we part ways, Shauna. You already called off the relationship. We have a bright future ahead of us. You take your own path while I take mine."

Naramdaman ko kumirot ang puso ko sa mga sinabi niya at nauutal na sinabi "H-huh? What do you mean by that, Keene? We can still fix this... You know, just like our past silly fights" sabi ko while reaching out for him.

"Forget about me, Shauna" tumalikod siya sa akin bago tinuloy ang sasabihin niya, "Please don't ever try reaching out for me again."

Nagulat ako ng maramdaman ko tumulo ang luha sa aking mga mata, nanatili na nakatingin sa likod niya.

"I hope you understand, Shauna."

History repeats itself. Kinuha ko phone ko sa loob ng clutch bag at tinawagan si Jayce.

"What's up, pretty?"

Tahimik lang ako at hindi napansin na nakatulala ako sa kawalan.

"René?" rinig ko 'yung pag-aalala ni Jayce sa pagbigkas niya.

I snapped back to reality, "Ah, Jayce."

"Something wrong?" he skeptically asks.

Dinedma ko lang mga senyales na binibigay niya sa akin, "Are you free today?"

"I can free my schedule. Are you near Baritol Cafe?"

My body is on auto-pilot, mindlessly reaching where my driver is parked. "Yeah, I'll be there in 5 minutes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787K 39.9K 35
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
337K 10.8K 35
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
529K 18.6K 93
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
159K 3.5K 24
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...