The Broken Werewolves: The Al...

By OralKel

For entire life, Leon Adler has already known who his mate is and he goes by the name Ethan Kennedy. For some... More

Author's Note
Story Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

3.3K 174 5
By OralKel

LEON ADLER

When we reach home, I'm surprised to see that the pack has a security that's really tight. There are warriors from different packs, and the otherworldly creatures like mages and shamans. Dad puts his hand on my shoulder upon seeing my reaction and gives me a gentle smile before nodding his head towards my mom, who has been waiting for us with happy and teary eyes.

Taking my mate's hand in mine, Ethan lets out a huge sigh, his face still masking shocked –I guess from the fight and after finding out that his parents are still alive­– and happiness. From here, I can feel how lightweight he feels, how happy he really is, how thankful he is.

My soon-to-be Beta, Shane, who I haven't really seen much around since my mate went on an adventure by himself, runs after me and gives me a firm but gentle hug. I hug him back. I've always considered Shane as my brother as we grew up together. We spent most times together when we were growing up, considering that I'm his Alpha and he, my Beta. We trained together, ate together, had some sleepovers together. We were pretty much doing anything. Until he found Lolita, his mate.

Who can blame him? I'm just as smitten to my mate as he is to his love.

But I know Shane has always been supportive of me, and I know that even though the fact that my mate is a guy, he doesn't really care. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'd be disappointed had I told him that the urge, a strong one, to reject my mate was in my head.

"I'm glad you're safe, man." Shane pulls back and grins at me. His hair has grown a bit longer. "You, too, Ethan. You guys must be exhausted. You can head over to the main house to rest. There's food there as well if you're hungry."

"Thanks, Shane. We'll talk later."

"We better. You need to tell me about your adventures with Ethan." I roll my eyes but smile at him. "I'm serious, Leon!" He laughs out loud.

My mate and I head towards the main house. His parents are already seated on the sofa comfortably, and when they see their son, I let go of his hand and let them have their moment. Ethan's eyes become teary as he hugs his parents, the three of them sharing an embrace that warms my heart. I watch them for a bit before I spin around to give them some privacy. They probably want to talk and make up for the lost time.

Ethan, sensing that I'm about to leave the room, runs after me and grabs my arm, pulling me. My eyes meet his, and my heart skips a beat. Once I'm within reach, his parents give me the warmest hug they can offer, which shocks me a little. Ethan grins widely, his eyes a bit reddish from crying. I hug his parents back.

"I'm sorry you had to meet us that way." Elena mumbles sadly.

"It's all right. None of it is your fault."

"You just look like what we've always imagined," Elliot mutters. I blink in surprise. Even Ethan is surprised to hear that. Elena notices her son's reaction, grabs his hand and squeezes it. "Before all of this started, I tried to... look into the future. But it wasn't really clear. We can try to see as much as possible, but it's not really clear as to how it would play out. It'll be like glimpses, and then, it'll be like a dream you will forget. But I always remember what you would look like. Because even before you and Ethan were born, Elena and I had always known our son would be mated to an Alpha from your pack..."

"And when you were born... I could see the strings that connected you to our son..." Elena continues, resting her head on his husband's shoulder. "I could see the life force between the two of you. I asked Ethan to find Kieran so that they could protect him... because I saw a glimpse of you having a hard time accepting it. I remember thinking that it was the only way I could protect my son from the possible pain."

"I'm sorry..." Guilt immediately floods my system.

Elena touches my cheek. "Don't be. Because I'm glad this happened."

"Because we realized that whatever situation you both may be in, you'll find ways to reconcile and love each other, and we know that our son would be in good hands." Elliot grins. "Welcome to the family, Leon. You have our blessing. You always have."

"Thank you. That means so much to me." I tell them both. "I'm not particularly happy about how I treated him. Because he deserves so much better, but I'm going to continue making up for it. At some point... I still don't forgive myself for treating him so bad. I treated him like he didn't exist, and I felt hatred because I felt like I was robbed a chance of having a normal, happy life. It was stupid. And I... I'm trying to heal myself. At least mentally. Because I believed that in the process, I hated myself more and more."

"We're hoping for the best version of you, Leon."

"Thank you. I'll leave you guys for now to catch up." Ethan nods, then he kisses my cheek. I cough a little, a small blush painting my cheeks red, now being strongly aware of his parents looking at us as Ethan shows his affection. He chuckles. I turn on my heels and head straight to my room.

Once I enter my room, I calm my beating heart and shut my eyes. Happiness courses through my veins, and the hair on my arms stand up. I feel so lightweight, like I could fly at any moment. When I open my eyes and see myself in the mirror that's attached to the wall at the far end, I see... myself. I'm different, but it's still me. Taking small steps towards the mirror, I can see myself clearer and clearer. Brighter. Happier. Better.

I stop at moving and just stand completely still. I shut my eyes and I replay all the memories I had growing up. I think back to the time when I discovered Ethan was my mate. I think back to the time where I was having a hard time accepting it. I think back to the time where I felt like the world was against me. I think back to the time where I hurt my mate unknowingly by keeping my mouth shut.

And I feel nothing but acceptance.

A tear slips my eye. Not from sadness but from the euphoric feeling. This is me finally accepting my flaws. This is me finally being able to breathe with as much freedom as possible. This is me finally feeling better.

I take a shower afterwards because I probably smell. I haven't showered in a long time, considering that Ethan and I were in an adventure that I always thought would get us killed. It was a dangerous one. Everything that's happening now feels surreal still. Ethan's parents are back, me being together with my mate finally, and the packs acting as one to help and protect us.

Later that night, there's a celebration. I haven't seen my mate since I left him with his parents. And though I've been wanting to see him, he gets swept by other people so they could talk to him and congratulate him being home safe and, of course, being my mate. Everyone knows that he's my mate since my announcement, which was on the same day he went missing.

My mate, suddenly appearing behind my back, startles me by wrapping his arms around my waist, popping his face under my arm with a huge grin on his face. I slightly jump, causing him to laugh. I remember sometimes that my mate has the ability to take off his scent. I turn around, leaning down to kiss him on the lips. Ethan blushes and purses his lips, but his eyes never leave mine. My heart beats faster as he slowly wraps his arms around me, placing his cheek on my chest. I intertwine my hand with his and we dance slowly. I shut my eyes, feeling his heart pounding against his chest, matching mine.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him.

Ethan looks up, smiling. "I'm happy."

"I can tell,"

"My parents are alive. I didn't expect it." Ethan says, and I can tell that he's getting emotional again. He takes a deep breath, resting his cheek again my chest. "And I'm with you, and I feel like nothing's going to hurt us anymore. I honestly thought that we'd never have a chance to be mates, you know. Because I had so much to figure out, and I wanted to really know who I am."

"It's partly my fault, too, you know. Why you felt that way." I tell him.

"It's... not."

"It is, and you don't need to worry about me, Ethan." I plant a gentle kiss on his forehead. "I know my mistakes, and I accept them. Honestly, admitting it to myself and finally accepting it made me more alive. It felt like a poison was taken out of me. I can breathe. I have my freedom and peace, and I'm glad you have yours, too."

Ethan sighs in relief. "Too good to be true, huh?"

"Too good to be true."

"You know, mom told me that we're the only ones left. Our kind was hunted so we could become someone's slaves. A lot of us were murdered. Despite knowing my status, I still don't know how I play a role in all of this. The bloodline ends with me, Leon, and honestly, I'm scared. Mom and Dad protected me. They wanted to save me, and they wanted to save our bloodline, too. But they know I am mated to you. It ends with me. I know we share abilities, but the direct bloodline... it's in me."

"Have they told you if there's any way to...?"

He shakes his head. "But they know something. They just don't want to tell me."

"Do you think it's that bad?"

Ethan smiles, shaking his head again. "No, it's not. But I think I have an idea."

"What is it then?"

"I think it's about power transferal."

"Power transferal? That's possible? What does that require? Is it even legal?"

"It is legal but it hasn't been done," Elliot suddenly pops in. He ruffles his son's hair and Ethan groans, his cheeks turning pink. "You guessed it right, Ethan. It is power transferal. The reason why we haven't told you yet is because... the mating between the two of you hasn't been done. It requires the two mates to be fully mated and bonded, and if has to do a power transferal, the receiver must be fully in sync with the host. Spiritually and mentally."

"That's a lot," Ethan laments.

"It is. It's not easy. If the receiver does not embody light or not in sync with the host, then the power transferal will not work. Our abilities require us to be pure, untainted with any darkness. This is why you were having issues using your powers, Leon, because you were facing your own nightmares. The same goes for you, Ethan."

"My conflicts are resolved. How will I be able to use my abilities?" I ask him.

"It'll come naturally," Elliot answers, smiling. "Oh, sorry, Elena is calling me. I'll leave you guys alone." Elliot turns on his heels and goes after his wife.

"Let's do it."

"Let's do what?" My mate asks skeptically.

"Let's mate." Ethan coughs, his blush deepening. "It has long been overdue, Ethan. It's time that we seal our fates. I'm not letting you go anymore, you know that, right?"

"Are you 100% sure about me?"

"I am, and I hope you are 100% sure about me, too."

"I am. I have always been." My heart races again. "Fine, let's do it, then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 56 12
Ethan Connor is a werewolf omega college student trying to get his degree and better his life. However, it would seem the world had bigger plans for...
193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
30.7M 623K 60
The last 10 chaps will be taken off from the book so it will be a really long sample lol. Find it on Amazon! =^.^= [WARNING there is BOYXBOY action i...
1.9M 78.3K 31
*PARTIALLY EDITED* Being the new kid is extremely hard, especially when you go to a school just for the supernatural. Leon is a pixie- and the new k...