To The Top Again

By okay_nevermind

Y/N, a previous assassin who chose to quit when everything started to dull. The cigarettes and alcohols aren'... More

Prologue
Familiar Faces
Nostalgia
My Home
All In The Past
Roomies
Money
Morning
Business Guy
Fans
Returning Home
Problem After Another
Night Walk
A Ray Of Hope
A Very Long Call
Worries
Half Blood
A Visitor
Boring
Our First Meeting
Provocation
Petrifying Reminder
Airing Out

Misfortunes

11K 278 67
By okay_nevermind

It was probably 11 in the morning and Y/N woke up angrily when the birds chirped outside. He sighed as he stood up and stretched his back, Y/N grabbed his left shoulder as he stretched and he felt a pop making him sigh. He looked outside through the window and groaned as he face-palmed himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well fuck me," I said as I started to walk to the front door, guess wishes don't always come true. Oh? Ah, I felt the glass shards when I stepped on it but I just opened the door and walked out. It didn't really hurt that much and it didn't make any cut. I wiped my foot before going down to make things easier to clean later.

I walked to the kitchen and started making some scrambled eggs and toasted bread for breakfast. After some time I finally finished it and walked to the living room, some of the shards were still on my foot so I just wiped it near the door before heading to the living room. I took my plate and turned on the television for some noise since this made me feel comfortable as I ate. It was the news which didn't really matter. I looked at the screen and saw the headline making me smile, there was a total of 5 victims that died on the alleyway located on Ionia. I just chuckled as I took a bite from my sandwich, yeah that was me alright. It seems like they were trying to find the culprit but I could only sigh in dismay since I was pretty confident about my job. They are still investigating but it's pretty useless when it was me they're dealing with. 5 minutes of useless information and I've finished eating, I was planning on switching the channel but the next one came up making me stunned as I read the headline.

It seems like the K/DA is getting fired. I just chuckled and turned the TV off, I looked at the ceiling and laughed a light one as I wiped my face. I wonder if they remember me, I hope not cuz I don't give a fuck about it. I just grabbed the broom and went upstairs to clean up the whole mess I made but damn...glass sure is a pain in the ass to clean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Evelynn's POV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could only curse quietly when this is actually happening to us, to think that those bastards already knew. I think our manager might have pulled some tricks that's why the paparazzis and even the news anchors were prepared about this. I could only chuckle sarcastically to myself but I focused on the road when I was the one driving the car. Ahri was beside me and whenever I winced at her I could see her gritting her teeth as she clenched her fists. Kai'sa and Akali were also behind me and they were hugging one another with a grim expression, I can't really blame them why they're feeling this way. It's all because of that fucking manager, bastard overworked us in the last month making us snap. It was already too long since we were working in the music industry and to think that they would actually dare to act like we were objects after all we've done is a little hilarious. I guess in the end all they really wanted was to put our face in their company's banner. I was annoyed, irritated, and just overall mad that this is happening right now.

"Evelynn, there's a restaurant up ahead. I think that's a good place to plan out what we should do from now on," Ahri said. I nodded quietly while she turned to look at the two behind us.

"We could probably get in just by wearing some hoodies. There should be enough for all of us in the trunk," Ahri continued, I looked at the rearview mirror to see Akali and Kai'sa who nodded at Ahri. I turned my eyes back on the road and I could see the restaurant near the beach.

"Is that it?" I asked and Ahri nodded. There was a parking lot behind the restaurant so I parked there. This place was a little quiet than usual so we had the chance to wear some disguises without anyone noticing. We wore a different colored hoodie and it kinda felt comfortable for a while. We both went inside and I was surprised when a lady with light blue hair greeted Ahri with a hug.

"Aheheheh! I didn't think you guys will come!" the girl said when she broke the hug.

"Well, things were going downhill so I couldn't refuse the offer when you said this is a safer place. Thanks Jinx," Ahri said. While the two talked I examined the place and it was a little odd. There were no customers which was weird since this place seems decent enough. I was busy thinking so I flinched when Akali poke my shoulder. I turned around to see her but she pointed at the counter so I turned to see what it was. It was surprising seeing how Jinx was beside this wide creature wearing a chef's uniform and was just observing us.

"C'mon Tahmy Kenchy. Don't be mad!" Jinx said making the creature sigh as he rolled his eyes.

"You girls should take a seat. I'll prepare somethin," Tahm Kench said and I could only nod. Jinx guided us to a table good for 6 people and we sat down. I could only massage my temple as I tried to come up with a plan but no luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Third Persons View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinx joined in with the girls and she sat beside Ahri who was near the window. Evelynn, Kai'sa and Akali were seated on the opposite side and the air felt gloomy.

"Is there anyone we could call at least?" Ahri asked but they all shook their head including Jinx.

"I talked with all the people we knew last night and guess what? They ignored everything," Evelynn replied making Akali groan.

"I mean you guys could work here if you want?" Jinx suggested but Ahri just shook her head with a smile.

"I'm grateful but we'll see if there's any other way," Ahri replied making Jinx shrug.

"Well just hit me up if you need something," Jinx said with a sneer, the others nodded with a smile and Jinx went back to the counter.

"I also tried to call the others but..., "Kai'sa said and stopped as she looked down, they guessed it didn't go well huh. Akali also brought out her phone and was about to call someone but she stopped when a single name popped out of her mind.

"Y-Y/N?" Akali whispered to herself. Kai'sa and Evelynn heard some part of it but they needed Akali to reply clearer.

"Who?" Kai'sa asked but Akali just shook her head.

"I just thought if Y/N and-," Akali said but was immediately cut off.

"No!" Kai'sa said as she slapped her hand to the table. They all went quiet after that when they felt guilty, just a little guilty.

"I agree, maybe we could lend some money in the bank?" Ahri asked but Evelynn just shrugged. They could barely pay for a place to stay in so how would they pay a debt that could possibly cost them their lifetime.

"Arrghh, I don't know!" Ahri complained as she rubbed her head, they all felt the same. Just then Tahm Kench arrived while holding a tray of food, he started placing them in front of the ladies and it looked delicious. It's just that they were too blinded by worry that they don't understand how good it tastes like.

"I wonder what would Y/N do?" Evelynn whispered making Tahm Kench stop and turn around. Though he seems sloppy, he has some sharp senses especially Tahm's ability to smell and hear. Everyone noticed how the giant looked at them nervously as the arm that held the tray started trembling.

"Excuse me but where did you get that name?" Tahm Kench asked making Evelynn smile awkwardly.

"It was a friend from a long time ago," Evelynn replied making Tahm Kench nod nervously.

"A friend? That man?" Tahm Kench asked again as his whiskers slowly started to shudder. This confused the ladies and Tahm noticed making him flinch when he was about to disclose something.

"Since it's from a long time ago I guess it is possible. He's a regular here so I think you guys might be meeting him this evening," Tahm Kench said as he walked away while he hugged the tray to his chest with trembling arms. This made the girl widen their eyes and started to pack their things up, everyone except Ahri who just laid her chin on the table.

"Did you not hear what he just said?" Evelynn clarified to Ahri and she sighed.

"Don't you think it's time?" Ahri replied making the other's flinch. Akali looked at Evelynn who seems to be the most anxious one among them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Ahri's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I understand everyone is scared to face Y/N for a good reason but it just feels like this was our punishment for doing that to him. I may look calm to them but if they were me, they could feel that I'm nervous as well. I looked at Evelynn who seems to be lost in her mind as she looked at the floor, I switched my gaze to Akali and she looked at me with trembling eyes. She sighed and sat down alarming Evelynn and Kai'sa. Evelynn opened her mouth and was about to speak but Akali was able to speak first.

"I agree with Ahri, I felt like this is our last chance. Whether we could mend our mistake or lose him forever today is the day to decide," Akali said making Evelynn shush as she bit her lower lip and clenched her arm. Kai'sa observed Akali and Evelynn before she nodded and sat down.

"Evelynn I know you don't want to see him but maybe he wants to see us? Who knows right?" Kai'sa asked with a smile trying to be optimistic. I smiled as I looked at Evelynn and reached my right hand to hers. This made her look at me which was what I needed perfectly.

"I won't force you Eve but I felt like this is our karma for doing Y/N wrong," I said with the most sympathetic voice I could do. My arm could feel her trembling hands but she sighed and sat back down making my smile grow a little wider.

"Well, how should we do this?" Akali asked, we all looked at one another before making a plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the time and noticed it was already 2 in the evening. I looked at the sky which was covered with dark clouds giving me a hint that it will rain, I didn't bother to take an umbrella and just grabbed a briefcase that held a pistol with it's silencer and a couple of daggers. I don't know why I took this with me if I'm being honest but it just grew on me...like a barnacle...up my ass.

I walked towards the beach and saw the restaurant that usually sells seafood. I smiled a little when I felt like I found some activity to waste my time. I fixed my clothes which was simply a black lounge coat paired with a dark jeans and a dark red shirt. I looked at my left arm to check if the skin had any damage but there wasn't so I guess I was atleast, decent looking. It's nice to visit a place where fellow headhunters and assassins work after they quit. Must be nice having a goal, I'm jealous.

I walked inside and a bell chimed upon my arrival. I looked at the place and saw that there were barely any customers making me smile a little when I feel like I could relax a little. I walked to the counter and saw that orange-skinned giant that kept fixing his right whisker when he was bored. The creature looked at me and flinched before his wide mouth turned into a smile.

"Heya, usual?" Tahm asked, I nodded and went to the seat I usually hang out.

I looked at the floor as I walked towards it but I noticed a shadow that moved from the seat. I just sighed and walked to the one beside it, I placed my briefcase behind me and looked at outside as I laid my head at the window. I could hear whispers happening on the table infront of me making me frown a little but I figured it was mostly girls due to how they speak. Jinx arrived and slammed a bottle of spyritus vodka on my table and sat in front of me making me look at her. I noticed the hair of the girls behind her but I just focused on Jinx when she looked at me with that eyes full of excitement. Ahhh, I wish I have the same colorful eyes.

"How can I help you Jinx?" I asked and regretted speaking when my throat felt like a chainsaw when I spoke. I just sighed and grabbed the bottle's neck before drinking some.

"Oh nothing, someone wants to talk to you if that's okay?" Jinx said as she rested her chin on her arms. 6 gulps in and I placed the bottle down. I smacked my lips in dismay when it couldn't make me feel the pain and the dizziness.

"I left my job Jinx. I don't offer any contracts anymore," I replied as I took another drink from the bottle. I leaned my back on the chair and my eyes glued to the sad horizon.

"Oh no not that. They said they just want to speak with you!" Jinx exclaimed making me shrug as I parted my lips from the bottle.

"Okay then," I replied, I didn't really know who would speak to me besides giving me a contract to kill someone so maybe this could atleast make me feel like human again.

"You heard him ladies!" Jinx said and stood up. She clapped her hands twice and I saw the girls behind her stand up. Just as Jinx left I saw them turn around to look at me.

I was surprised sure but more like surprised that I get to open my briefcase after quitting my job. I could see Evelynn's eyes avoiding mine, Akali and Kai'sa was visibly trembling and Ahri was the first of them to sit down in front of me. Though as much as I wanted to stab them right now, I don't feel like doing so when I could barely pinpoint what I really wanted to do. Akali passed Evelynn and sat beside Ahri, Kai'sa followed Akali and Evelynn sat at the far edge of the chair. I just looked at them and raised my eyebrows for a moment before drinking a couple of gulps from the bottle hoping it could wake me up. I just sighed when I emptied the bottle and placed it on the table before smiling an awkward one.

"Well, if it isn't the popstars?" I asked, I never ever loved my current voice until now when it instilled some fear to the ladies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 11.4K 68
In the world of Runeterra, anyone could achieve anything, provided they had the strength to do it. But as for the weak? The powerless? There was noth...
343K 8.5K 92
In a world of super powered individuals, Y/N stands out amongst his peers. His selfless nature had earned him a lot but one day it earns him a little...
4.1K 137 8
I'm the same person and The Writer of True self (the first one which this isn't). I apologise for Well that indefinite hiatus which is Dued to Life S...
45.4K 1K 18
WARNING: Contains 18+ content. Reader discretion is advised. Mana. It is a mysterious life force energy that binds the universe together. It flows th...