Breaking the Bond that Binds.

By Tallboysmith

The characters in this story aren't your typical Lycan/Werewolf characters. The storyline also takes a few u... More

Breaking the Bond that Binds - Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - The Bond
Chapter 3 - The Pain and the Ecstasy
Chapter 4 - Unsuitable
Chapter 5 - Rejected
CHAPTER 6 REMNANTS OF A BROKEN BOND
Chapter 7 - DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH
Chapter 8 - Free
Chapter 9 - Coming of Age
Chapter 10 - The day after the night before.
Chapter 11 - A wolf at the door.
Chapter 12 - Tick Tick Tick time bomb
Chapter 13 - Every move you make ...I'll be watching you.
Chapter 14 - The Bond that Binds
Chapter 15 - Hi Honey, I'm Home.
Chapter 16 - Surprise!!!!
Chapter 17 - Lose a Battle Win a War
Chapter 18 - Everyone has their Limit
Chapter 19 - Time to Fess Up
Chapter 20 - Dressed to Kill
Chapter 21 - A cursed bond
Chapter 22 - Desperate Times - Desperate measures.
Chapter 23 - I'm ready for my close up...not.
Chapter 24 - Like Old Times
Chapter 25 - Don't come any closer you make me ill.
Chapter 26 - Resolve
Chapter 27 - First Kiss
Chapter 29 - Truce
Chapter 30 - That &%$#@ Bond
Chapter 31 - Surrender
Chapter 32 - Fit a life time into one Night.
Chapter 33 - New Life
Chapter 34 - Back to the grind
Chapter 35 - Father and Son
Chapter 36 - Hot and bothered on a Full Moon
Chapter 37 - Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon 2
Chapter 38 Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon 3
Chapter 39 - Hot and Bothered on a Full Moon4
Chapter 40 - If you can't be with the one you love. Love the one you're with.
Chapter 41 - Mail Order Bride
Chapter 42 - Red
Chapter 42 b - Just a wee message to readers.
Chapter 43 - Don't get her Angry
Chapter 44 - Wolf in a Hawaiian Shirt
Chapter 45 - Nothing is what it seems
Chapter 46 - Chuckle
Chapter 47 - It's just a Job
Chapter 48 Intruder
Chapter 49 - Going down the Drain
Chapter 50 - Follow your nose.
Chapter 51 - Send in the Cavalry
Chapter 52 - Paying the Piper
Chapter 53 - Funeral for a Friend.
Chapter 54 - Self Sabotage in one easy lesson
Chapter 55 Die Carrot Die
Chapter 56 - Dinner Date
Chapter 57 - Friends, Rivals & Other Relationships
Chapter 58 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 59 - Something wicked this way comes.
Chapter 60 - More tropes than a KDrama
Chapter 61 - Nope...can't think of anything.
Chapter 62 - Ashes
Chapter 63 - Honour
Chapter 64 - Wolfsbane
Chapter 65 - To sleep -perchance to dream.
Chapter 66 - It never pays to eavesdrop.
Chapter 67 - Bugger - it's a full moon.
Chapter 69 - When push comes to shove....
Chapter 70 - Complicated Relationships
Chapter 71 - Ended with a whimper and not a bang
Chapter 72 - Comfort
Message no Chapter.
Chapter 73 - Virgil's gone full Circle
Chapter 74 - Beast
Chapter 75 - Date Night Complications
Chapter 76 - Date Night Complications 2
Chapter 77 - Come Full Circle

Chapter 68 - Jealous

4.5K 364 30
By Tallboysmith

I think this is my favourite Chapter.

Walking into his office Damien took off his jacket and threw it on the couch, his tie followed next. It was only 8 am and he was already pissed off. He barely had two hours sleep and was edgy to say the least. Somewhere between the hospital and his bedroom he finally admitted to himself how much he still wanted Virgil, w.a.n.t.e.d him badly. He tried to fool himself that he could find a new mate because it was required of him as the Alpha and look how that turned out. Feelings didn't matter he told himself at the time, once marked any suitable mate would do. They would automatically bond and that would be the end of it.  His life would be as it should be. That plan ended in disaster.

He sat at his desk rolling a pen back and forth, lost in thought, lost in the image of Virgil lying in the hospital looking frail and feverish, so much like back when they had first met.

A single knock on the door announced the arrival of the PA. He strode in with files tucked under his arm, shades still on and with a smirk on his face.....rewind smirk. Damien looked at him closely, curious. It was rare, if ever, humour made an appearance on the PA's face. So why was he SMIRKING today. In the mood Damien was in, the smugness in his grin made him want to give him a smack in the back of the head.

These days he often looked at Paul with new eyes. If he was honest it seemed like Virgil had bought Paul to life. The stone faced, emotionless PA that Damien had known for a decade recently showed signs of life and always because of, or around Virgil.   It explained the speed and ferocity with which he went after Nico, it had not only been his job, it was personal. His accidentally eavesdropping showed they shared a secret, probably more than the one. There had been comments and gestures between them that had a backstory he didn't know.

Damien watched the PA place the files neatly in front of him and return the pen to it's stand and then very deliberately remove his sunglasses and slip them in his jacket.   As always, every movement was smooth and calculated. It was then they he picked up Virgil's scent on him. Damien's nostrils flared. The PA took his place beside him ready to direct him to which items needed his attention first, leaning in the scent started teasing him, his body suddenly reacting violently. He felt a sharp, hot, surge of anger.  Why does he smell of Virgil so early in the morning?  How close did they get, it's all over him"   He gritted his teeth. 

"Please stand over there." He gestured for The PA to move to the other side of the desk. Paul cocked an eyebrow and did as he was told. He straightened his suit and waited patiently to start again. Virgil's scent around him was the last thing Damien needed and it was coming off in waves from the PA. It was like setting a torch to petrol, if he was pissed off before now he was raging. Was this jealously he thought...he didn't like it one little bit.

"One other thing Alpha. I received a message from one of our contacts in the Royal Court and it seems that Guardian Doukas is taking leave from his post, indefinitely. A caretaker Aspestal Guardian has been chosen already. From what my source said the King is very displeased with him." The PA tried to keep a straight face but the corner of his mouth twitched. "It's probably something to do with that well worded letter you sent back with him."

"Hmmm...you're probably right there." Damien sighed, he'd hoped Doulkas would be given a more severe punishment when he got back home, this will have to do.  Paul and Damien  knew if that letter ever got out the King would be embarrassed into explaining his decision to overturn an abolished law for one of his courts favourites. Not a huge issue when it comes to control of power but he would lose face....which is  worse with the Pure Bloods.  High ranked families wouldn't appreciate favouritism.

It took all Damien's self control to get through what needed to be done. Virgil's scent came and went as the PA moved around. If he noticed The Alpha's bad mood he didn't let on.  Finally their business was concluded and Paul  rearranged the contents of the folders and tucked them back under his arm.  Before he turned to leave he said.

"I've just been to see Virgil and it looks like it all worked out well.  He was heavily sedated and I think he was happy to just sleep through the whole thing.  The Head Nurse said he is due to be discharged tomorrow morning as planned.   I think the sooner he finds a mate the better.  Doing this every full moon will get tedious after a while."   The PA said his goodbyes,  bowed and left.     Damien stopped paying attention at  " Virgil ....Finding a mate?   

 Damien glared at Paul's back as he left. When did he suddenly become a rival? 

He missed the smirk on Paul's face on the way out of the office. The PA didn't miss a trick.  He set the cat amongst the pigeons....see what happens now. 

......

"Well I survived another full moon."  Virgil grinned at The PA while he ate his breakfast.  "It wasn't that bad this time from what I can remember of it."

"The nursing staff said you were no trouble."  Paul wondered around the room refilling his water jug and folding the throw on the bottom of the bed.   " I gather The Alpha managed to get in to see you in the middle of the night...do you remember that?" Paul was curious about the timing of the visit.

"Nope, not a thing. I don't think I even remember dreaming last night." Virgil set aside his tray on it's trolley and sat up happily. "I feel good actually, unlike last time.   That morning after I was covered in scratches, bites, and my dick was red raw."

The PA pulled a disgusted face. "Lovely...to much information." He picked up the remote and turned on the TV looking for the news.

"Ah!!..I just had a thought." Virgil said sheepishly.   "....show me your scar. You said you have one thanks to that night." Virgil was grinning. They'd never spoken about it.

"Come on, show me the wound you sustained in the line of duty." The PA ignored him and kept on changing channels. "Come on, Come on, Come on, I'm not going to stop until you show me." He sounded particularly sweet with his new husky voice.

"How old are you...12? Forget it." Paul growled.

"Come on, one peek. Pleasssse." Paul could see Virgil was feeling better, his annoying habits were back.

Paul stopped channel hopping and put down the remote. "Promise to shut up and never mention it again." He glared at Virgil and Virgil nodded enthusiastically.

He opened his jacket, flipped his tie over his shoulder and popped the four buttons over his chest and pulled one side across to expose a toned, smooth pec with two inch long puncture scars above his nipple.

"Shit." Virgil's eyes widened and he groaned. "Bloody hell, I didn't think I bit you that hard. Goddess that must have hurt. In my head it was a little nip." He felt terrible, especially remembering he'd wanted to keep on biting him and how good he had tasted.

Virgil face burned, he reached out and ran a finger over the scars. "You poor bugger you've had to cop a lot of shit because of me. I am SO sorry. Fuck...I don't know why you're still nice to me."

Without warning Virgil wrapped his arms around Paul and pulled him in for a hug. "I am so sorry mate." The hug only lasted a few moments before the PA awkwardly pulled himself away. He did up his buttons, straightened his tie and smoothed everything into place.  "You saved my life, I think we are definitely even."

"You really need to stop all this hugging business. Damn ....another trip to the dry cleaners." The PA sniffed his lapels and sleeves and then rolled his eyes. He'd have to go and change as soon as possible.  He looked at Virgil who was still mumbling sorry over and over. "You and me are OK.  OK!"

Back in efficient PA mode he said "Make sure to rest up and you're fit for discharge tomorrow. Either Lewis or I will pick you up and take you home." Before Virgil could say anything else he was off.

Virgil sat quietly, thinking, feeling a little nervous, feeling a little ashamed. He REALLY enjoyed biting James and Paul.

......

Paul (PoV)

The PA looked at his watch. He wished he could go and change but he didn't have enough time. He just had to carry the scent of Virgil around with him for a while.

He was starting to wonder if being around Virgil some of his habits were beginning to rub off on him. The PA lately had found himself in unfortunate situations and was happy to dismiss them as unimportant, even funny, rather than controlling them.  If something didn't work out as Virgil planned, he improvised, he didn't hold back anything he felt, the good or the bad. It was nice not having to guess what someone was really saying, with Virgil it usually all just came out of his mouth in a flood, honest and uncensored. He was not the slightest impressed by the position  Paul held in the Pure Bloods, he treated him the way he would treat anyone.

Keeping an eye on Virgil also made Paul realise he'd been living a solitary life without physical contact.  It had never crossed his mind that he was missing something, because he had never had it in the first place. Paul had always been his job and that was enough. Now he wasn't sure. There was a lot to be said for a simple undemanding friendship. Virgil punched, poked, hugged as part of his normal interactions. It was a constant assault on his Guardian persona. It had made him uneasy to begin with but he was becoming use to it. He even liked it, it made their relationship special.    

If you've read this far....a vote would be nice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 119K 56
Kyle is a very homophobic Alpha and he also has full of hatred towards Colleen - the youngest and weakest Omega in the pack. One night on Colleen's...
6.5K 517 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
191K 6.7K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
1.5M 56.1K 30
Ashton Black. A 17 year old homophobe who's been waiting for his mate since he was 16. He's soon to be alpha and in a relationship with the most beau...