Flames Between Us (bxb) | ✔

By dreammcatcher

Sequel to Eat The Rich After his court case, Micah attempts to regain his livelihood with the help of Weston... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue - The Question
Epilogue - Surprise
Bonus Chapter: Micah tops Weston and they try exhibitionism
Bonus Chapter: The Passionate Honeymoon
Bonus Chapter: Weston and Micah in five years time
Untamed - New BxB Story

Chapter Twenty Nine

3.2K 232 40
By dreammcatcher

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

I liked Sundays. Especially when they were quiet, relaxing and everything I needed to prepare myself for a week of work. The only thing missing was Weston but I understood that he had things to do.

This gave me the perfect opportunity to clean the flat, the kitchen definitely needed some care and attention. Now that Weston had bought us a regular Tesco shop with some supplies, I might as well clean the fridge and make the most of our space.

When it hit four o'clock, the weather outside started taking a turn for the worst. Thick, heavy rain hammering down on gloomy London. It sounded like hailstones against my bedroom window, but then I remembered there was a backlash of a European storm coming our way.

I pull my jumper over my knuckles and walk to the thermostat, turning it up a couple of degrees. Our windows were beyond crap, letting in the cold air from the street along with the dampness of the rain.

God help this building.

The front door cracks open and Valentina emerges, her hair was dripping onto the floor and her leather jacket soaking wet. "Fuck this stupid fucking country!" She yells before dropping her bag onto the floor and slamming the door shut with her foot.

"What were you doing out in that?" I question as I push myself off the kitchen stool.

"Theo and I thought we would go and grab a Sunday dinner down at the carvery," she shakes her hair, letting the droplets splatter the floor. "But I had no bloody clue it would be like the end of the world outside after!"

A small laugh passes my lips. "I mean they've been warning us for a few days now," I tell her.

"Who have?" She flexes an eyebrow as she shrugs off her jacket.

"The news..."

She laughs sarcastically instantly. "Like I watch the news. Good one Micah."

I roll my eyes as she leans over to take off her damp boots. "Where is Theo now?" I ask.

"He's gone to see a friend," she nods. "I told him good luck in this disaster."

"Least we can be all warm and snug here," I say as I walk towards the sofas. "Have a shower and get dressed. Then we could make some dinner and watch a movie?"

Valentina hums instantly. "I like the sound of that," she grins. "Where's Weston?"

"Working, as per."

"Ugh, I'd hate to work on a Sunday. He is one dedicated man." She nods before strolling over to her bedroom.

"He does own the company after all," I say before sitting down on the sofa and propping my feet up on the coffee table.

"True," she responds. "Right, give me like twenty minutes and we can discuss what our afternoon is going to look like."

"Sounds good to me," I call out before she shuts the door behind her.

. . .

The rain didn't stop all night, every so often I'd wake from the harsh sounds against my bedroom window. Lightning flashed through the blinds and then thunder made my ears pulsate. I hated storms, they were so aggressive and disrupted my sleep.

When my alarm went off at six in the morning, I grunted and rolled over to the other side of the bed. Moving my hand to press down on the button to stop the annoying sound of my alarm.

I rub my eyes for a moment before placing my glasses onto my face and swinging my legs off the bed. The coldness of the room whipping my chest as I emerge from my warm duvet, oh how I wished I could lay in here for a few more hours.

My fingers raise to open my blinds, looking out at the dimly lit street. Window covered in sparse water droplets. As I glance down at the roads, the rain had not stopped for a second. Puddles forming in the street and on the pavements.

A small sigh passes my lips. Today was sure going to be miserable.

After taking a quick shower and throwing on some clothes as quickly as possible, the flat was far too cold and making me shudder. I definitely needed a hot cup of coffee in my hands before I braved the weather outside.

I grab my phone and proceed to the kitchen, plugging in the coffee machine and throwing a pod inside. Just as I reach for my favourite mug, my phone vibrates in my hand. A text from Weston, my eyebrows pull into a frown. He rarely sends me a text before work.

Weston

Don't bother coming into the office today, the ceiling is leaking from the rain and it's not safe

Work from home as best as you can

I've sent out an email to everyone, could you get in contact with Theo?

Micah

Oh shit, is it bad?

Yeah sure, I'll contact Theo

I chew down on my lip as I wait for Weston to respond. Knowing this storm, the building could be flooded and equipment and computers damaged. This would not be good for the company.

Weston

Quite bad, I'm just with Fred trying to move things away from the leaking ceilings and into dry spots

Not ideal but not much we can do

I'll come see you later, the trains are most likely to be disrupted

Micah

I'm sorry, hopefully nothing is too damaged

Okay that's fine, talk to you later x

I drop my phone down onto the counter and fold my arms over my chest. What a fucking disaster... at least I could get back into bed for an hour or so.

Leaning forward to place my mug under the coffee machine and pressing the button to start. A coffee, some time in bed with Netflix and then I'd log onto my laptop and give Theo a call.

I mean Mondays have been worse than this.

After making my coffee I take myself back to bed, climbing into my lukewarm sheets and snuggling up to my pillows. I grab my laptop from the floor and pull up Netflix, anything to try and enjoy this mild lay-in.

As eight thirty soon rolls around I drag myself from my bed and make my way to the dining table, opening up my work laptop and sitting down in the chair. Soon Valentina emerges from her room, brushing her hair with a comb.

She was dressed for work and I did not envy her. "What are you still doing here?" She questions as she continues to her work bag that was sitting beside the sofa.

"Office has been flooded, have to work from home," I tell her. "You going in?"

Valentina rolls her eyes with a nod. "Yes," she grunts. "It's going to be a fucking journey getting on the train, all the roads are flooded. What if I get splashed?"

The corners of my lips twitch into a smile. "Guess you'll have to run through the puddles," I comment.

"Thanks for the great advice," she says sarcastically. "Right, I'm late. I need to go."

"When are you ever on time?" I joke.

"Shut it you," she points to me as she reaches the door. "I'll see you later?"

"Bye," I call after her. "Have a good day at work."

"You too," she says before slamming the door shut behind her.

Working from home was another level of loneliness, by the time it was lunchtime, I was kind of missing the office. Missing Theo and Abi talk shit at each other, then Lauren would tell them that they're both idiots and we'd all laugh. Discuss our week, what our plans are and how we couldn't wait for the weekend already.

Theo had rung me a couple times and I was more than happy to answer the phone, just hearing someone else's voice other than the TV was a touch. I had no idea how people did this all the time, I felt like I was about to drive myself insane.

I had dropped Weston a message here and there but I didn't get a reply, he was probably running around the office like a headless chicken and trying to save what he could. Hoping that nothing important was damaged and unable to be recovered.

At three o'clock there was a knock at the door, I push myself away from the kitchen table and proceed to the door. A Royal Delivery man was standing with a small envelope. "A special delivery," he hands the letter to me. "Please could you sign here?"

I hum and grab the plastic pen before scribbling down onto the tablet screen. "Thanks," I say before shutting the door.

My eyes instantly gravitate down to the letter between my hands, it was addressed to me and felt quite thick. I hum in confusion unsure what this could possibly be. Maybe it was from HR at work about my contract.

Placing myself down back into the chair, digging my thumb into the top of the envelope and ripping it open. Inside were a few folded pieces of paper, as I slide in my hand I pull them out and extend the sheets of paper in front of me.

At first I realise that they're articles, printed from various American news corporations. Then I saw the words, my heart plummeting into my stomach as my hands shake.

Alexander Cameron arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and suspected domestic abuse

I quickly flick to the next paper, my eyes scanning over the headline as bile rises in my throat.

Millionaire Alexander Cameron has been arrested after a violent altercation with his partner

Owner of software company Neptune has been arrested after allegedly hitting his partner after an argument

A hand covers my mouth as I look between the similar articles, rushing to type them into my laptop in case they had been photoshopped or edited somehow.

Barely managing to spell out the titles with my shaky hands, once I hit enter my whole world crumbled.

They were true, these articles were real.

My finger presses to the scroll button as images of Weston being arrested pop up at the beginning of the article. He was clean shaven, hair even shorter than it is now but his face looked tired.

I scroll a little further, a gasp escaping my lips as I push my body away from the laptop. Almost unable to look at the screen as an image of Estella's beaten face pops up, nausea rushes over my body and I was about to throw up any given second.

These pictures felt far too real but that's because I knew they were. This really happened. Weston got arrested and somehow Estella's face looked like a punching bag. I gag for a second, the situation becoming too overwhelming.

Pacing behind the laptop as one of my hands remain on my lips, what the fuck was this?

Tears swell in my eyes as I attempt to catch my breath. Did I even know who my boyfriend was? Did he really hurt her? He fucking got arrested. Something went down and I had no idea that shit was this bad.

I grip onto the edge of the table and part my lips, releasing a breath that I had been holding. My heart ached inside my chest, pure betrayal shooting through my veins.

Not even caring who had sent this to me because by the looks of things, Weston never wanted me to find out.

He had the time to tell me about this when Estella turned up in the first place. He had his chance to explain everything and yet he still wanted to keep things from me.

A sudden cry releases from my chest as I fall back into the chair and slam the laptop lid shut, I couldn't bear to look at it anymore.

More tears slipped from my eyes and I angrily pushed them away.

I had no idea who Weston really was. The person that I sleep next to at night, the person who has seen every inch of me vulnerable, the person who bought my mother a house and wants to look after me.

Who the fuck is he if he's keeping secrets like this?

. . .

Read up to chapter 35 on Patreon
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Oh shit... did anyone else think things were getting a bit quiet in their lives?

What do you think is going to happen???

God, don't think you guys are ready for the next couple chapters. I might cryyyyy:(((

Hope everyone is okay! See you all on the next one, love Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: savanna.rose.x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

2.7M 109K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
367K 17.2K 51
Ash is a fashion model, not by choice but the desire of his projecting mother. People think he's too cocky for his own good, judging him based on wha...
1.1M 55.2K 51
"You're crazy," Ashton whispered. "Yes," Ryker continued. "For you." "No. You're just crazy. Period." ~~~ With Ashton's dying career, his last lifel...
5.7M 201K 29
"But you're my dad's boss, what would happen if he found out?" "Doesn't matter. All that matters is that we're here, alone, now, no interruptions." ...