Master of the Storm

By OpticalDelusions1

In a few short months, everything changed as Damira discovered things about herself and her past she never wo... More

Chapter One: Message
Chapter Two: Fireworks
Chapter Three: As Cold as Ice
Chapter Four: They Took Her
Chapter Five: Reunion
Chapter Six: Back in Contact
Chapter Seven: Paper People
Chapter Eight: Dead to Me
Chapter Nine: No Dying Allowed
Chapter Ten: Make it Rain
Chapter Eleven: Do You Hear Them Too?
Chapter Twelve: No One Means Well
Chapter Thirteen: Trust
Chapter Fourteen: Going In
Chapter Fifteen: The Lab
Chapter Sixteen: Traitor
Chapter Seventeen: Advantage
Chapter Eighteen: Caught Up in the Details
Chapter Nineteen: Together Again
Chapter Twenty: Real Life
Chapter Twenty One: Swallow Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Ex-Lovers
Chapter Twenty Three: Weapon
Chapter Twenty Four: Death Date
Chapter Twenty Five: Doomed
Chapter Twenty Six: Tunnel
Chapter Twenty Eight: Lightning
Chapter Twenty Nine: Pyrotechnics
Chapter Thirty: Corpses
Chapter Thirty One: The Four Left Standing
Chapter Thirty Two: Back From the Dead

Chapter Twenty Seven: Kill Them All

4 0 0
By OpticalDelusions1

A/N: this chapter is gonna be boring but also lit lol

"What was that?" I asked. "Was that a train whistle?"

"No," Olivia said, finally speaking. "It can't be. This place is abandoned."

"Can you turn the flashlight back on?" I asked. "I can't see anything."

I stepped forward, feeling around until I felt her arm. "We need to get out of here," I said.

Her fingers tightened around my wrist, holding it in a vice like grip. "I'm scared," she whispered. "I- I don't want- they're coming for me."

"Who?" I asked. "Who's coming for you?"

"Who do you think?" she asked. "Thomas said he would never let me go. That if I escaped, he would just find me again."

"He's not gonna find you," I promised. "I'll make sure you never see him again."

The train whistle blew again, and I heard it coming closer. "It's here," I whispered. "We need to go!"

"Yeah, you're right," she said. "You're right, we gotta go."

"Valerie!" I called. I turned on my heel, and the whole tunnel seemed to lurch. I fell on my hands and knees, and it all spun around me. Now I was feeling pretty sick myself.

"Val!" I called. "We need to go! Where are you?"

"I'm here," she said weakly. "I can't get up."

I stumbled over to her, finding her in the darkness. "What do you mean you can't get up?" I asked.

"My legs," she sobbed. "My legs, they don't work!"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"They've turned to ice," she said. "They're just blocks of ice, and it's so cold and-"

I reached down, trying to find her legs. My hands brushed her cotton pants. They felt normal. "Your legs aren't ice," I promised her. "You can walk!"

"I can't!" she cried. "I can't, it's all ice! I'm gonna die!"

Grabbing her arms, I hauled her up, and tried to drag her with me. "We have to run!" I told her. "The train is coming! It's gonna run us down! It's coming right now!"

"There is no train," she said. "But I can feel the ice!" I pulled her along with me, until we were by Olivia. I could hear the train thundering down the tracks, growing closer by the second.

I dropped to my knees, holding my stomach and curling in on myself, gasping for the air there was so little of. Waves of pain rolled down my body with no distinct origin, and it was blinding, suffocating, excruciating. I was going to die in here, were the only thoughts I could muster. We were all going to die in here.

"It's over," I said. I had to say it several times before I was sure that the words had truly left my mouth and I hadn't just thought them. "The train is too close. We can't get away."

"They're coming for me!" Olivia cried desperately. "I can hear them, they're coming! Don't let them take me!"

As I held Valerie up and Olivia wailed about the people coming for her beside me, the train turned the corner, hurtling towards us. I could see it's outline in the darkness. And in that moment, I decided to try one more time. I couldn't let Valerie and Olivia die like this. And I couldn't leave the rest of my friends alone.

As it appeared right in front of me, I defied myself, tried to focus as I was determined to stop if from hurting us. Here was my chance to use my powers for good.

The train did not collide with us, I felt the explosion of my powers hitting it without hearing it. I felt the tremors around me, and suddenly there was no solid ground under my feet. Then, I felt it under my back.

"Damira," a voice said softly, and I couldn't tell if it was in my head or not. "It's almost time..."

"Almost time for what?" I asked, barely getting the words out.

"For you to embrace who you are..."

The voice started to fade, but I couldn't let it go yet. It sounded like me. I needed to hear more. "Where am I?" I asked. "Who are you?"

I felt myself fade, sliding away into nothingness. I could almost recognize the voice. It was my voice, but warped, darker, and it hurt my brain and made me feel like my eyes were going to explode.

"You're going to kill them all."

I sat up with a start, my heart pounding, feeling very awake. The voice was gone. The tunnel was empty and silent. I felt around in the darkness, panicked, screaming, until I found Olivia's phone. I turned on the flashlight, and we were bathed in light.

The other two were laying beside me, barely stirring. "Are you guys okay?" I asked, panting, filling my lungs with the air that there was suddenly too much of. "Did the train hit you?"

"There was no train," Valerie said, staring at the ceiling. "There were some really weird colours, though. I kept thinking I was climbing Mount Everest, but then I realized that I was laying here. And then I thought that I was climbing it again, and then I realized that I was actually still just lying here. I think that happened about six times. I turned some music on to help us through it, but then my phone died and you were passed out, like, the whole time."

"Shit," I mumbled, sitting up. "There was no ice," I told her.

"What was in that sushi?" Valerie asked.

"I don't know, some guy gave it to me when I got here. Parties, amiright?" Olivia asked.

I groaned, burying my head in my hands. "You... ate and let us eat something that a random guy at a drug infested party gave you?"

"Come to think of it, it did taste kinda funky," she replied. "Sorry, shoulda realized it was doused in hallucinogens. I actually had an alright trip after the people in the tunnel went away. I was so scared they were gonna find me. How was yours?"

"There was no one in the tunnel," Valerie told her. "You should probably go get checked for PTSD."

"Mine was really painful," I said. "My whole body hurt, and I thought my head was going to explode."

"Well, you've had some mild psychedelics in your system your whole life," Valerie said. "They've developed alongside you, so it's not like you're constantly tripping, you've built up an immunity to them. So it makes sense that if you took another kind, they would clash."

We got up, and tried to find out way out of the tunnel. "There's like, no one here," Valerie commented when we reached the place the party had been at. "They must have all gone home. How long were we out for?"

"Around eight hours, it seems," Olivia said, looking at her phone.

"Are you guys hungry?" Valerie asked. "We could go to that diner we met Beatrix at, I don't think it's far from here."

"I don't think I was with you at the time," Olivia said.

"So, are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" I asked.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Valerie asked.

"Not really," I admitted. "But I think we should. Do you?"

"I mean, I don't wanna talk about it if you don't wanna talk about it," Valerie said.

"I don't see why we have to," Olivia contributed. "It was just some hallucinations. Nothing serious."

"It wasn't just a hallucination," I said, as we exited the station. "At least, not for me."

"What was it for you?" Valerie asked.

"I heard this... voice," I admitted. I had never told anyone about the voice before, so I was a bit nervous they would think I was crazy. Come to think of it, it was probably just my inner voice, one that everyone had. But it would never shut up when I tried to make it, and it always said the worst things, reminding me of my deepest fears and insecurities. "It said I was going to kill them all."

"That's wicked," Olivia said with a grin.

"No it's not!" I said. "It's creepy!"

"Okay, maybe it's a little creepy. But this is like some kinda fantasy novel! You have a destiny that came to you in a dream, more or less. That makes you the specialist of the special. No one is on your level. Maybe that's why no one has your powers."

"Not true, actually. Remember Sean? He can do weather stuff," Valerie said. "But we probably just got different powers cause the serum effected us differently."

"This isn't a fantasy novel," I said with a sigh. "That was just me being on drugs. But it was still scary."

"I heard voices too," Olivia offered. "I heard Thomas."

"I heard voices, but they were all jumbled," Valerie added.

"Okay, let's go to the cafe," Olivia said, feeling more confident. "We could all use a pick me up."

"I just want a chocolate chip cookie," Valerie said. "Like, that's it. It's all in the world I want."

"Here, I'll look at some bus schedules," Olivia said, pulling out her phone. "There should be a few still running." Her eyes widened as she looked at the screen. "Oh shit guys," she said, her voice shaking.

"What is it?" I asked. She looked at us with a fearful expression.

"Sean is dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303 29 27
Kaleth and the others are finally ready to face Enor and end the war once and for all. But being ready for it and actually managing to do so are two...
119 13 10
In a world where magic and love intertwine, Sorana and phoenix, a powerful sorceress and a heartless warrior from rival kingdoms find themselves draw...
1.6K 221 56
In a world where the sky fell apart, shattering reality, and an enigmatic flora transforms humanity into lost souls, there's a new normal. Humans wi...
2.4K 302 31
Get ready for a thrilling ride with Ivy Myers as she moves to a small town to live with her mother. Little does she know that her life is about to ta...