His Chance

By Phantastic_Fics

Tris is devasted when she walks in on Tobias cheating on her after two years. Will she find love again? Adopt... More

Mornings
Apartments
Shopping
Candor Or Dauntless
Uriah
Just Like Marcus
Fights
Friends
Parties
Realisation
Cleaning, Lunch and Movies
Work
Scars
Hide and Seek
Brownies
Wire
Saved
Forgotten
Confused
Videos
Switch
Reader Participation!
Recovery
Fear
His Chance- The End
SEQUEL!
My Chance

The Break Up

3.1K 57 14
By Phantastic_Fics

Hey! I am the new owner of this brilliant story. I adopted it from the amazing Divergent_Girl95 and I will rewrite parts of it, and make the chapters a bit longer. I hope you enjoy this story and continue to read it. 😃

I pick my way across the narrow Dauntless paths, in my hand is a plate loaded with Dauntless cake for me and Tobias to eat. I reach the apartment we share.

I stop outside the door, fishing through my pockets for my house keys when I hear a sound.

Its coming from inside the house. I put my ear to the door and it gets louder. I realise what it is. Someone is moaning.

I quickly unlock the door and burst in. What I see makes me drop the plate of cake in shock, shards of china smashing everywhere.

Tobias- no- FOUR is lying in bed, naked, with an equally undressed Lauren lying on top of him.

I cover my mouth with my hand in shock. I step back, and hit the wall. I am too shocked to move.

Tobias sits up, almost shoving Lauren off the bed.

She lets out a surprised squeal. "Sh*t, Tris, I can explain!" says Four, fear running wild in his deep blue eyes.

I feel anger convulsing through my veins. I can feel my face turning red and my voice raising.

I can't bring myself to speak. I let out a constrained noise before swallowing. No words can describe how I feel.

I point my finger at him and say: "No, you can not explain this. Ever. In fact, you are never allowed to speak to me. GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" And with that, I sprint out of the apartment, pieces of smashed plate sticking into my shoes as I go.

I don't look where I'm going. I just run and try not to fall into the Chasm. Actually, that wouldn't seem like a bad idea.

I have been running for less than a minute and I have already knocked over two people, one of them being Eric. Oops.

I'm not looking where I'm going, and slam into someone. I stumble back and wipe my eyes. I feel two strong hands on my shoulders and I look up. Uriah.

He looks straight into my eyes and says "Tris, what's wrong?" The concern in his voice makes me well up yet again.

"F-four was ch-cheating on m-me with L-lauren!" I manage to choke out. The concerned look on Uriah's face quickly changes to a furious one.

"I'll kill him." I hear Uriah hiss. I place my hands on his chest, refraining him. "No, please." His voice drops to a whisper.

"Okay, Tris. But you do not deserve this." I look at my shoes and nod. Pieces of broken plate are embedded in the soles, but not cutting my feet.

Uriah notices this and says: "Tris, do you want to come stay with me?" I am too emotional to speak, so I just nod silently.

Uriah opens the door to his apartment and I walk slowly in. There's beautiful black wallpaper, with lamps shaped like flames scattered about the room.

I gasp a little and Uriah smiles. "It's lovely, isn't it." To which I nod. I notice a tiny tear slip out of his eye. "Marlene picked it out..."

I instantly forget everything that's happened and hug Uriah. He must be devastated. But he is strong. He quickly wipes the tear away.

"Do you want the bed!" He asks. I reply with a simple "Okay." He starts to drag blankets on to the couch. No. This isnt right.

I touch his arm and say " I don't want to be alone." He looks at me, stunned, but eventually replies with "Alright, I have some big tshirts in my wardrobe you can wear."

I put on a large black shirt and crawl between the silky black sheets. Uriah is already asleep next to me.

A few more tears slip out, a stream, then a waterfall. I let out all my pent up emotions from the day and just sob. I do it quietly, so as not to wake Uriah.

I think of all the memories me and Four have shared over the two years we were together. That makes me sob twice as hard.

Once I'm cried out, I just bury my face in the pillow and drift into oblivion.

Hey Guys! I hope you enjoyed that chapter, the next one will be up tomorrow hopefully! Please comment if you like it and any queries you may have 😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 12K 98
It's been two years since Beatrice Prior's death, and no one has taken it harder than Tobias has, he still can't get over her. But one day she will...
20.8K 388 19
Tobias wakes up from a terrible dream that involved David killing Tris. She is alive. He is awake. He is given a vision of what would happen if he we...
13.1K 355 31
Like most people, Uriah doesn't usually notice the Stiffs at school, but there is one girl that just seems... different. When he runs into Beatrice P...
7.1K 185 23
Divergent Fanfic What if Tris didn't die? What if people thought she was dead though? She is in the Bureau being tortured by David with her not so de...