Heart Of Darkness >> Te...

writtergirl2 által

Anna Hale is back and ready for some sort of normalcy in her life, while fighting off whatever comes to the b... Több

Preface
Anna Hates High School
Derek Does Not Approve
Anna's Social Life
Uncle Peter And Little Annie Making Bets
The Hunter and The Hunted
Stiles And His Virginal Problems
Barely Breathing
Not Going Down Without A Fight
Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart
Fixing Broken Ties
Still Breathing
Last Chance to Live
Haunted Thoughts
Epilogue
Blame Peter
Anna Throwing Sass
Kidnapped Kira
Problem With Black lights
Security System Failure
Missing In Action
Unorthodox Behavior
Author's Note
Nefarious Plans
The Trickster Attacks
Bad Plans In Action
Meeting Malia
Guns Out
Illusions In The Mind
Danger Still Lingers
The Return of Cousin Miguel and Margarita
Enemies Turned Friends
Final Battle Calls
Epilogue
NEWS

Better Than A Baseball Bat

5.4K 154 60
writtergirl2 által

Chapter 10

The storm roared and crashed like a nearby battle. The storm that the pack had been throw into. It's power making the hospital shake and trees fly into the window. A deadly storm all caused by the monstrous creature known as the Darach.

The storm's rage rattled on as Anna Hale lay unconscious in her hospital bed with her uncle, staying by her side dabbing her head trying to take care of her, when he had no idea how to help her.

The pair's relationship may have been in ruin, but Peter still tried to fix it. He still cared for Anna. Even if she did everything she could to push him away. She did deeply miss the closeness of her family. But that was a secret she kept buried in her dark heart.

The hospital was wracked with panic and chaos. The evacuation was taking place and Anna was still in her bed waiting.

Peter looked worriedly down at his young niece. Anna's eyes fluttered. “Peter.” Her chapped lips croak out only loud enough to be heard by his acute werewolf hearing.

“Annie?” Peter mutters. But her eyes stay closed her pale skin still covered in sweat. Nothing changed.

Peter finally fed up with no one taking care of Anna beside himself yells.

“Anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here?” He demands.

He spun back around and wiped the sweat from Anna's brow.

“Sorry but she wasn't uh...” The voice that belongs to Melissa McCall says.

Peter turns around and slowly backs into the shadows. Melissa was the last women Peter went on a date with. And they haven't seen each other since his nephew slashed his throat ending the former Alpha.

“You're supposed to be dead.” Melissa mutters in a shaky voice.

“I get that a lot actually.” Peter states. Mostly from his youngest niece. Who taunted him about dying in a hole.

The monitors attached to Anna started to beep frantically She gasps and leans over the bed to vomit black blood with something hidden in it.

+

Peter Hale's phone rings while he watches his niece while her eyes fight to stay open.

He answers his phone to see it is his nephew Derek Hale.

How is she?” Derek questions.

“It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance.”

“Mistletoe.” Derek mutters.

“How did you know that?” Peter inquires, but the line goes dead.

+

The rain was pouring down like bullets on Stiles, Scott, Derek, Cora and Jennifer as the marched into the hospital to protect Anna.

Derek's grip held fast to Jennifer Blake his anger boiling at the fact that Jennifer was the one responsible for his sister's condition.

Cora marched behind her brother next to Stiles and Scott.

+

Anna's flashback

I was creeping up the stairs my mother and uncle were fighting.
“Talia, they will come after your children!” Peter exclaims.

“Peter calm down.” My mother's voice sounds calm.

I shrink back.

“No, Talia! Listen to me they are in endanger and you are making us weak.”

Peter calm down the children are sleeping.” Mom snaps.

I push my ear closer to the door my foot accidentally hits the creaking floorboard.

I bite the inside of my cheek. In a house of werewolves someone heard me. The door swung open and Peter was giving me a stern look. I smiled innocently at them. “I was looking for my contacts. Oh look there it is goodnight.” I start to walk away when Peter grabs my shoulder.

“Crap.”

I turn back around to face my uncle and mother. “Anna what did I tell you about spying?” Peter asks.

“It's wrong unless I'm with you.” I reply.

Mom gives Peter a sharp look. “What did you tell her exactly?”

“I told her it was wrong.” Peter corrects and gives me a look that says. 'Thanks for throwing me under the bus.'

I shrug at him. Derek walks up the stairs from the kitchen with a half eaten sandwich and a gallon jug of milk. Everyone turns their attention to him. “What?” He asks.

“Go to bed.” Mom says Derek nods and starts walking. “Leave the milk downstairs.”

Derek then turns back around and walks back down the stairs.

“Come on Annie back to bed.” Peter says. I roll my eyes. My mom hugs me goodnight and I walk to my room with Peter following.

+

Anna was being carried by Peter as they ran through the hospital. Her body slung over his shoulder as she was still unconscious.

They raced through a set of double doors. “Don't stop, don't stop!” Commanded the Alpha.

Stiles stopped. So did Cora, Derek and Scott.

“Stiles!” Derek called.

Stiles swung his bat at the giant Alpha and it ended with the bat shattering into a million pieces.

He then backed away slowly and ran to catch up with Peter and Anna.

Cora still shifted jumped up and knocked the light down on the twins giving them time to escape.

Anna was laid down on a nearby table and Stiles rushed over to her, gripping her cold hand in his.

His head jerked when he saw. Cora, Scott and Derek running in.

“Where's the big guy?” Stiles inquires. His grip tightening on Anna.

“He's close.” Cora replies.

“What about Ms. Blake?”

No one answers Stiles and he pulls his grip from Anna's.

“What do you mean? What does that mean? Like, she's gone? Scott, are you kidding me?” Stiles exclaims his anger getting the best of him when the girl he cares about and his father are both slipping from his grasp.

“Shh, quiet.” Derek orders.

Stiles whirls around and marches up to the Alpha. “Me be quiet? Me, huh? Are you telling me what to do now? When your psychotic, mass murdering girlfriend, the second one you've dated by the way, has got my dad somewhere, tied up, waiting to be ritually sacrificed?” Stiles yells normal Derek would terrify him but right now with Anna and his father's life on the line, he's past the point of tolerance.

“They're still out there.” Cora reminds as she walks over to her sister.

“And... And they want her, right? Which means now we don't have her either, so my dad and Anna are both dead!” Stiles yells.

Derek looked now knowing Stiles' words were true. Anna would die. He was losing her, right now he would have given anything for one of her signature remarks or a simple 'I told you so' would have been worth something. He didn't know if he could handle losing Anna again, after it felt like he just got her back.

“Not yet.” Scott cuts into Stiles' rant.

Stiles moves back over to Anna his hand running over his face. Cora's eyes stay glued to her sister. Scott walked over and stood next to Stiles.

“Is she really dying?” Scott asks Peter who is still tending to Anna.

“She's definitely not getting any better.” Peter remarks.

“There has to be something that we can do. We have to help her.” Stiles mutters.

The double doors swing open causing everyone except the still unconscious Anna to look over and see the women who was masquerading as the English teacher Jennifer Blake. “You can't. Only I can. I can save Anna, and I can tell you where Sheriff Stilinski is. But there is a pack of Alphas in this hospital who want me dead. So I'll help you, but only when I'm out of here and safe. Only then.”

As she finishes her demands Derek charges at her and flips over the table in his way, only to be grabbed by Cora and Scott.

“Derek, wait!” Scott says.

“She was trying to get out.” Derek spits with as much venom as he can.

“I was trying to keep from getting killed. You can't blame me for that.” Jennifer defends.

“If you want to show you're one of the good guys, then heal her.” Cora snaps.

“Not until your safe.” Jennifer replies.

“I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion since Anna's life is on the line here, let's torture the teacher.” Peter cuts in.

“Works for me.” Cora agrees as she loosens her grip on her brother.

A high pitched squeak comes from the speakers as the P.A is turned on.

“Um, can I have your attention? Mr. Deucalion... Ex..excuse me, just Deucalion requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the E. R reception. Do this and everyone else can leave. You have 10 minutes.” The speaker then goes silent.

Scott stares at the speaker a little longer after hearing his mother's scared voice.

“He's not gonna hurt her.” Jennifer states.

“Shut up.” Cora snaps.

“He won't! Scott you know why. Tell them it's true.” Jennifer argues.

“What does she mean?” Derek questions Scott.

Jennifer gives Scott an imploring look but when he doesn't speak she rolls her eyes annoyed and explains for him.

“You're not the only one he wants in his pack.” Everyone then turns to look at Scott.

“Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha pack. He wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of Alphas to his ranks.”

“A true Alpha.” Peter mumbles. Everyone turns to look back at him.

“What's that?” Stiles questions from his spot next to Anna.

“The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another. One that can rise by the force if his own will. Our little Scott.” Peter explains while sending a look to Scott.

“It doesn't matter. We still need to get Anna out of here.” Scott states.

“Scott your mom....” Stiles starts but Scott cuts him off.

“My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in 20 minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long, so if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here.”

“The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out.” Cora comments.

“I'll distract them.” Scott states.

“You mean fight them.” Derek corrects.

“Whatever I have to do.” He replies.

“I'll help you.” Derek states.

“Um, sorry, but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek.” Jennifer cuts in.

“I'll go.” Cora says.

“I'll do it. But I'd prefer to be out there with an advantage.” Peter adds.

“An advantage like what? You mean like a weapon.” Stiles asks.

“Something better than a baseball bat.” 

Okay so this is what the next chapters are gonna be like while Anna is asleep and we're gonna see a lot more flashbacks and I thought Stanna was pretty cute during this even though Stiles was the only one awake.

     So let me know what you think of this chapter and what kind of flashbacks you would want to see more of so I can add them

Comment, Vote, Follow :)  

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.1K 185 26
A new school year has begun. And with it comes new threats to Beacon Hills. First, a powerful pack of Alphas invades Beacon Hills, intent on bringin...
356K 13.5K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
986K 29.6K 47
❝Contrary to the popular belief, there's a very thin & fragile line between saying too much, and saying too little. More often than not, you'll find...
16.3K 399 65
Lucy Moore and her brother move back to their hometown, Beacon Hills. This town holds secrets waiting to be uncovered, and when they do, what will ha...