π€π“π‘πŽπ‚πˆπŽπ”π’ π†π€πŒπ„ β™›...

By strawberrytaegi

"Losing is never an option for me." Mark Lee, the famous student from class 3-A in Neo High. A classified ass... More

𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞^-^
πˆππ“π‘πŽπƒπ”π‚π“πˆπŽπ
β™› 1
β™› 2
β™› 3
β™› 4
β™› 5
β™› 6
β™› 7
β™› 8
β™› 9
β™› 10
β™› 11
β™› 12
β™› 13
β™› 14
β™› 15
β™› 16
β™› 17
β™› 18
β™› 19
β™› 20
β™› 21
β™› 22
β™› 23
β™› 24
β™› 25
β™› 26
β™› 27
β™› 28
β™› 29
β™› 30
β™› 31
β™› 32
β™› 33
β™› 34
β™› 35
β™› 36
β™› 37
β™› 38
β™› 39
β™› 40
β™› 41
β™› 42
β™› 43
β™› 44
β™› 45
β™› 46
β™› 47
β™› 48
β™› 50
β™› 51
β™› 52
β™› 53
epilogue

β™› 49

2.2K 122 57
By strawberrytaegi

All his life he has always pushed the limits of this fantasy—even if it's nothing but a dream. It seems within reach, but somehow too far off. Winning the game has always been his uttermost goal, but that goal seemed too far ahead now.

He kept on wondering, are these empty days gonna start shining bright? But it never did, not even once. Though the moment Dasom appeared in his life, he must admit it did poke a few holes in this darkness called life. 

So then he decided if he pushed through like he was about to hurl, he figured that the future will eventually get closer. Even when he froze for a moment, those days became an evanescent utopia.

But everything was so out of place in this corrupted world. It has always been like that, so he gave all of him to his fate as it chose its own path for him to follow.

"Mark Lee!" 

He turned around, eyes meeting another pair of eyes he was way too familiar with—way too comfortable with to his liking. His lips curved into a smile, a bitter one. "Dasom,"

His eyes averted to her left shoulder, noticing that she had been shot. "You okay?"

"Yeah," she walked closer to him, eyes softening as soon as she took a closer look at his expression. She was not the best person in reading emotions, but she knew what he was feeling. They shared a mutual feeling; dilemma. "What's your plan after this?"

Mark felt his senses sharpen as he heard a faint noise from afar, pulling Dasom by her wrist. He pulled her to his embrace, the bullet passing behind her. Dasom widened her eyes, too shocked to mutter a single word.

She knew he just saved her life but why was her heart beating so fast? 

Pushing her body away from his, she went back to stand by mode. The enemy was near, she could feel it. She made an eye contact with Mark and she knew exactly what that look meant. 

She tilted her head to the side as she took a deep breath, taking out her gun from her holsters. Holding it with her left hand, trying to hold in the agonizing pain on her shoulder. The mafiosos came out briefly after that, shooting their guns at them. Fortunately for the both of them, their reflexes were quick enough for them to avoid all fatal shots. 

Mark kicked his gun to the air, grabbing it with his left hand. His right hand grabbing Dasom by her waist to pull her behind him. As their backs crashed against each other, they turned their heals around, simultanously shooting the mafia members as they turned around in a circle.

The two made a perfect pair in combat. They were sly and quick in response—almost flawless.

Mark took a second to catch his breath, now turning to look at the girl. He looked at her with a melancholic look plastered on his face, not knowing how to structure his words. "Dasom, remember what you told me the other day?"

Dasom frowned, shaking her head in bewilderment. "Which one?"

"When you said you wish you had something between us," he began, making the girl's ear turn red. He took a step closer to her, a content smile on his face. Strangely enough, his eyes were right the opposite. His eyes were screaming in agony. 

His heart and his head were a paradox.

He brought his right hand to cup her cheek, "I suppose this is the wrong timing, but I regret choosing you as my partner."

Dasom grew even more puzzled as he spoke. His voice was calm yet laced with an emotion she could not identify. "What do you mean?"

"I chose you at first because you meant nothing to me," he said. "You were a new kid and you were an excellent student, so I thought you'd make a great partner and I don't have to be scared about losing you. But I was wrong—so wrong."

"Stop that Mark," she pushed him away slightly, shaking her head. He sounded like he was bidding her goodbye and she hated that. "I'm not going anywhere and so are you."

Mark let out a bitter chuckle, grabbing her hand. He looked down at their hands, rubbing circles in her palms. "This could be the end of everything, you know?"

"I know but—"

"I really do wish we have something between us, fuck I wish we're together."

"Then let's do it. Why not?"

Mark shook his head, the same expression still lingered in his face. "I'm not worthy enough for you, not now. Just save your sister, I'll finish this unsettled business myself."

The Neo Mortem Mafia and Phantom Viper were not the only two things at war at that moment. Their feelings and mind were also at war. They share the same heart yet brought together in the cruelest way possible.

"Stop bulshitting me Mark Lee," Dasom let out, breath unsteady as she held in her tears. "Even if this is the end of everything, we still have each other, right?"

"I brought you into this mess, Dasom."

"No. I've been here before, long before I met you. It was fate that brought us together, whether you like it or not." She said, earning a smile from the older boy. "I love that idea,"

"But my love, I'd give up the universe if it means for you to not end up like me. So just go and save your sister, yeah?"

He cupped her face, rubbing his thumb on her cheek. As their eyes stared deeply into each other, the distance between them slowly lessened. When the their lips finally met, it felt like a rollercoaster of emotions.

Bliss, agony, but most of all—grief.

MY MARKSOM HEART AHHHHH</33333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.2K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? β€’Mafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...
241K 7.1K 68
α΄α΄€κœ°Ιͺα΄€/Ι’α΄€Ι΄Ι’ α΄€α΄œ Ι΄α΄„α΄› 2020 βα΄˜Κ€α΄‡α΄›α΄›Κ ᴏɴᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ α΄€ ᴍΙͺκœ±α΄›α΄€α΄‹α΄‡. ɴᴏᴑ ΚŸα΄α΄α΄‹ α΄‘Κœα΄‡Κ€α΄‡ ʏᴏᴜ α΄€Κ€α΄‡βž ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1 ᴏꜰ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄α΄€κœ°Ιͺα΄€ κœ±α΄‡Κ€Ιͺα΄‡κœ±. All rights belongs to @ILove_spriteu on...
606K 27.7K 69
𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞; 𝐚𝐝𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐒𝐯𝐞. 𝐬𝐑𝐨𝐰𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐒𝐠𝐧 𝐨𝐟 π₯𝐒𝐟𝐞; π₯𝐒𝐟𝐞π₯𝐞𝐬𝐬. Huang Renjun, a cold and ruthless King of the U...
149K 6.2K 30
❝Wait, you know Haechan?!❞ β€’ what if a famous twitch streamer played your game? social media au started: 5/7/21 status: completed Β©bubilia