Hunter

By MelyssaWhyte

As the leader of Knight Security and the handler of all four special operative teams, Hunter Hall's life revo... More

Author's Note
Before You Read - Warnings
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Sixty Four

51.5K 1.6K 408
By MelyssaWhyte

 Kenzie ~

Lexi and Declan's wedding was a group effort and despite having to be put together in a rush, everything was coming together beautifully.

Natalie and James had taken control of the ceremony and reception, using every contact and favor they had with different vendors in order to pull the event together in such a short period of time. James and Lainey insisted on dipping into the funds they had received from their late father, wanting to replace painful memories with good ones. It took quite a bit of convincing on Declan's part, but he finally relented when he saw Lexi's eyes light up at the immaculate hotel ballroom.

James had secured two large presidential suites on opposite sides of the hotel for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to get ready. 

There was so much excitement in the air as everyone started to get dressed and ready for the event, but no one smiled as hard as Lexi. She was glowing from head to toe as they lounged around the large suite in their silk robes, waiting their turns to get their make up done.

Kenzie couldn't help but smile at Lexi's happiness that radiated around the entire room. She was the opposite of the bridezilla and wanted everyone to be calm, relaxed and happy.

"I ordered a big tray of lunch for everyone," Lexi said as they heard a knock on the door.

Sure enough a large tray of sandwiches, chips, and assorted fruit and cookies was wheeled in and placed on the table in the corner of the room for the women to devour while they finished getting ready.

Lexi happily picked out her favorite fruit and made herself a plate of nothing but fruit and cookies, taking a seat while the rest of the women filled their plates and gossiped.

"Did you hear about the Kincaid drama?" Lexi asked the group.

"About Grayson and Emma? Did he find out they hooked up?" Caroline asked before taking a big bite of her sandwich.

"No, he's still blissfully unaware of that fun fact. This is new drama." Lexi said with a mischievous grin as she gained the attention of every woman in the room.

"Well spill it then." Claire said impatiently, throwing a grape at Lexi.

"Turns out, Austin asked Emma to be his date tonight to mess with Gray." Lexi said with a laugh.

"He did not." Natalie said with wide eyes.

"Yep. But Kincaid found out and lost his shit."

"What did he do?" Lainey asked as she munched on some chips.

"Decked him right there in the office last night." Lexi said, covering her mouth as she said the word.

"He punched Austin? Now I'm kicking myself for leaving so early yesterday." Caroline snickered.

"Ditto." Lainey chuckled.

"Are they okay now? How the hell did Austin explain himself?" Kenzie asked, wondering if Hunter knew his men could possibly be on the brink of a fist fight at any moment today.

"Austin played it off as a joke on Kincaid, without revealing his real intention of getting under Grayson's skin."

"Idiot." Caroline said with an eye roll.

"How did Emma respond?" Claire asked.

"She turned him down because she already had a date. Called and asked Kincaid if Austin was upset which is how he found out."

"What a mess." Lainey said with a laugh.

"Poor Gray." Kenzie said with sincerity in her voice.

"Poor Austin." Claire cackled.

The group continued getting ready, laughing as they exchanged funny stories with one another. It was the closest thing Kenzie had ever had to sisters or a functional loving family and she was soaking in every second of her time with the women who surrounded her.

It was fun and laugher until Lexi, stood and paled a bit, setting down her plate on the table.

"Oh no." She said, placing her hand over her mouth.

"Claire get out of the bathroom!." Caroline hollered, knowing Lexi was about to get sick.

Lexi took a few steps forward with Caroline and Natalie rushing to either side of her, guiding her toward the bathroom. It only took a few seconds in the bathroom before Lexi lost her lunch and the whole group felt both sad and happy for the little mother.

"Kenz, will you go ask Dec for some anti-nausea medicine. It's in his bag."

"I'm on it." Kenzie said brightly, moving instantly toward the door.

She rushed down the hall and around the corner of the large hotel, remembering the boys room number as she knocked on the door in rapid succession.

A shirtless Gunner opened the door and let out a whistle for Hunter, who immediately stood and gave her a half smile that flooded her stomach with butterflies

I'm not here for you, but you do look yummy.

"I thought yall made a no contact rule," Pierce huffed from the bed.

"We did." Kenzie sassed.

"So you get to come see Hunter, but Nat can't come see me. Okay I see how it is."

Still in a bad mood about the whole best man loss I see.

"Calm your tits Pierce, I'm not here for him." Kenzie said, placing her hand on Hunter's chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

Her words, caused Hunter's massive muscular arms to stall and he looked down at her with a quizzical look on his face.

"I'm here for Dec." She corrected.

"Burn." Austin cackled.

"Shut the fuck up or I'll finish what Kincaid started." Hunter threatened.

So much testosterone in one room.

"Where's Declan?" Kenzie asked.

"Shower. What's up?" Hunter asked, still unable to keep his hands to himself.

"He's got meds that Lexi needs."

"She pukin?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah."

"Ah shit." Caleb mumbled as he rose from the bed and went to the bathroom.

"Yo Dec, Lexi needs that zofran from your bag, open up."

The shower water immediately stopped and Declan fumbled around the bathroom before appearing in the doorway with a towel around his waist and dripping wet hair.

"Here. She okay?" Declan asked with concern in his voice.

"She got sick right after lunch."

"Gimme a second." Declan said, closing the door for a few seconds. He reappeared five seconds later in gym shorts and nothing else.

"I'll take em to her." He said, brushing past the men in the room in a hurry.

"You're not allowed to see her today Boss." Marcus chuckled.

"Any of you fuckers wanna try to stop me?" Declan asked in a lethal tone over his shoulder as he passed, getting head shakes from every person he passed.

That'd be a collective no.

Kenzie and Hunter followed Declan down the hallway until he reached the girls room, allowing Kenzie to go in first in case the girls were changing.

"She's in the bathroom." Kenzie said as Declan entered the room with his hand shielding his eyes.

"Don't mind me, just delivering some meds to my girl." Declan said, holding his hand over his eyes.

"You can't see her Dec." Claire whined.

"Then I'll close my eyes." He said as he reached the door and opened it.

"Lex?" Declan said in a voice that was uncharacteristically soft.

"You can't see me today!" She groaned from the bathroom floor.

"I'll close my eyes baby, but I got some Zofran for ya."

It was a sweet display of dominance and affection as Declan reached down and scooped Lexi up off the floor, placing her on the counter with her legs hanging over the edge. He wet a washcloth in the sink and ran it over Lexi's face and neck to cool her down before placing the small pill in her palm.

She gratefully took the medication and sipped at the glass of water that Kenzie had brought into the room.

Declan braced his weight on the counter, with this hands on either side of Lexi as he leaned over. He was eye level with Lexi's abdomen as he spoke.

"Be nice to mama today, okay?" Declan cooed before placing a few kisses on the fabric of Lexi's t-shirt across her abdomen.

He straightened his posture and picked up the glass of water, placing it back in Lexi's hand.

"Small sips." He instructed.

"How many cookies have you had today?" Declan asked with a smile.

"None."

"Lexi Bradshaw." Declan scolded.

"Six, maybe seven." She relented with a smile.

"Let's stick with liquids for a little while, then you can go back to cookies."

"I had some fruit too." She sassed as he kissed her on the top of the head and wrapped her up in a hug.

Declan helped Lexi off of the counter and onto her feet, making sure she was steady before heading toward the door.a

Hunter turned to follow him, but took hold of Kenzie's wrist firmly, pulling her behind him until they were out in the hallway.

"Thanks Kenz." Declan said with a smile. "Come get me if she still feels bad after that medicine kicks in."

"I will." Kenzie said with a smile, but Hunter was still unmoved, even after Declan had disappeared around the corner.

"Don't you have to go get ready?" Kenzie asked as Hunter pinned her against the wall.

They were tucked inside the doorway, out of sight from the rest of the hallway and Kenzie would have been lying if she said she hated their close proximity.

Hunter's eyes were dark and he towered over her, placing one hand on the wall behind her as he pressed his body against hers.

"I'll leave, but I had to check something first." Hunter said in a deep sultry voice.

He lowered one of his hands down between Kenzie's legs, causing her to gasp and clutch his shoulders.

"You wearing any shorts under this robe?" Hunter asked, letting his hand drag along her inner thighs until he reached the lace thong she was wearing beneath her floral silk robe.

Hunter's fingers pressed against the thin fabric, rubbing rhythmic circles over her center that was warm and aching for his touch.

"Such a bad little girl." Hunter said with a sly grin against her hair.

"Wait until you see me in my dress...it's so tight that I might not be able to wear panties at all." She hummed, digging her fingers into his shoulders as his thumb pressed on her swollen bundle of nerves.

Hunter dropped his head back onto his shoulders and stared up at the ceiling for a second or two, regaining his self control.

"I can't be in the same room with you if you aren't wearing any panties Kenz. I won't be able to control myself if I know you're standing there bare and waiting for me." Hunter said as he dipped his fingers beneath the lacy edges of the fabric into her slick opening.

Gasping and breathing raggedly, Kenzie looked up at Hunter with nothing but desire in her eyes.

"I have faith in you." She teased.

The doorknob moved on their left, causing them to frantically put space between them as Natalie appeared in the doorway.

"Oh shit." Natalie mumbled before she realized what she had just walked into. "Oooh shit. Carry on." Natalie said, closing the door immediately.

"I've gotta finish getting ready." Kenzie rasped as she pushed off of Hunter's chest, attempting to put space between them.

Hunter remained unmoved, letting his eyes roam over Kenzie's body. His mind seemed to be running a hundred miles an hour and his chest heaved with heavy breaths, but he didn't say a word.

"Hunter." Kenzie chuckled, trying to get his attention.

"Yeah Yeah, I'm going. I just don't want to." He admitted before grasping her by the jaw and delivering a deep powerful kiss.

The sensation stole Kenzie's breath and she stood there in the doorway for a minute or two, trying to will away the blush that had flooded her cheeks and neck. Not that it mattered. She was sure the entire room was well aware that she and Hunter were getting hot and heavy in the doorway.

Tonight is going to be a really good night. I can feel it. 

**********

Two more chapters left! Love you guys! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431 19 36
Being transported to a place filled with the scent of the people who destroyed her nation. Rebecca lives amongst humans in disguise, having no plan t...
87.9K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
465 29 32
How far will she be willing to go to forget her past? Sutton Price, guardian of her teenage sister and gold medalist at avoiding her past horrors is...
7 0 16
Piper Rodd, 18 year old Melbournite with a perfect family, perfect friends, perfect life... that was until it was turned upside down. Following her m...