Nikki Potter: A Heart's Choice

By Firemoonlight

(Sequel to Nikki Potter: A Sister's Betrayal) Nikki is back for her fourth year at Hogwarts school of Witch C... More

Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine-
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Final Chapter
Epilogue
Alternate Ending

Nikki Potter: A Heart's Choice

3.5K 60 9
By Firemoonlight

A/N: I was going to post this next week, whether I finished the first chapter this week or not ;P But I decided to post it now since I left you guys with a cliff hanger. And to those new to this, this is a sequel to 'Nikki Potter: A Sister's Betrayal' reading it is highly recommended, unless you want to be confessed off of witts end, then by all means, read ahead.

A warm breeze tickled Nikki's face as she sat in the window of her room, the sun slowly crawled higher into the sky. Out of all the things that happened the last year at Hogwarts, one thing kept coming back to Nikki, one of many things that was always on her mind.

Remus told her he loved her... Nikki had no idea how to react when he told her that, it seemed so unreal when he said it. She had no idea how she felt about Remus, but ever since that moment, Nikki couldn't help but wonder.

Wonder not only if she what she felt for him, and all the possibilities. But why Remus loved her, she wasn't special like James, she didn't play Quidditch and she certainly didn't want to. And she spent all of last school term having feelings for something that he and James hated, it made no sense to Nikki why Remus would love her.

A soft knock made Nikki turn her attention from the outdoors, towards the door “Mother, says we need to go get our supplies from Diagon Alley.” said James, his voice was calm, but Nikki could sense he was being cautious.

The love confession wasn't the only thing that Nikki had on her mind, her and James' parents had been ill lately “Do you think they will be okay?” asked Nikki, her voice showing weakness. Nikki wiped her eyes, in hopes to hold back tears.

When James walked over to her, Nikki stood up, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. James hugged Nikki and sighed “They will be fine” promised James, their parents were elderly they took longer to get better, their bodies couldn't fight stuff as off as easy.

Nikki nodded and took a deep breath, before wiggling her way out of James' hug. Their relationship had some repairing after last term ended, and once their parents got sick, they became even closer because of the rough times “Lets go.” said Nikki.

As they headed downstairs, their footsteps seemingly echoed through the otherwise silent house. The silence was starting to become normal for Nikki, on the days where she didn't go hang out with Sirius and James, she stayed home. Either in her room thinking, or tending to her ill parents.

With the help of floo powder the trip to Diagon Alley was quick, Nikki was never too found of traveling by floo powder. But it was the easiest way to get to places, especially if you live ways from Diagon Alley and cant easily get there.

Nikki stood in Florish and Blotts, her eyes scanned the books with a frown forming on her face. She was struggling to find her potions book, she it should be over here. Nikki wanted to hurry and find her books and other supplies and go home, this was the first year that she wasn't excited about going to Hogwarts, she didn't want a repeat of last year.

Just as Nikki was deciding to go ask for help finding the book, a hand reached above her, brushing her hair in the process and grabbed a small book from a shelf that Nikki wasn't sure she'd be able to reach herself. When Nikki turned around, curious to see who had taken the book, she took a step back.

Severus stood in front of her, holding the book out to her with no emotion on his face. Nikki looked from the book up to him “I had the same one last year.” explained Severus, just as Nikki was about to ask how he knew she was looking for than.

Slowly taking the book from him, Nikki studied him, his hair seemed darker and messier. And the long black shirt he wore made him look even paler “Thank you.” said Nikki at last, her heart started to beat faster after realizing how close she was to him.

Silence fell between them, yet none of them moved or tried to leave, they just stared at each other. Nikki took another step back, her back hitting the bookshelf, all she could hear was her heart beating rapidly “Why haven't you replied to any of my letter?” asked Severus after a moment longer in the silence.

Nikki swallowed back the nerves that caught in her throat and tilted her head ever so slightly “What letters?” asked Nikki, confused “ I haven't received any letters for you..” she continued, she had only received letters from Remus, though things were slightly weird for them for a few days after he told her he loved her, they still kept in touch.

“I sent you several.” said Severus, still showing no emotion. Did she really not get them? He wondered, or did she just not want to talk to him? A part of Severus believed that was the reason, Nikki seemed so uneasy around him, and she backed away from him.

A look of realization crossed Nikki's face before she sighed in frustration “Really James?” mumbled Nikki “James is the one who gets the post, that would explain why I never got your letters.” said Nikki with frustration still evident in her voice “I'm sorry, I didn't know.” she apologized.

Severus nodded, then his mind drifted off. Would it be okay? He wondered, just as Severus went to take a step forward he shook himself out of his thoughts “I will see you at Hogwarts.” he said before turned away from Nikki and walking away, he couldn't kiss her again, he didn't want to hurt her again..

Nikki watched Severus walk away and held the potions book close to her, her heart beat was starting to slow down. It was only near the end of the last school year that Nikki realized that she was undoubtedly falling in love with Severus.

She had not told a soul, not even her then best friend, Lily Evans. Nikki was scared to tell anyone, she wasn't sure how anyone would react, she was still trying to figure the whole thing out herself. With it being her first time ever falling in love with someone.

For a minute longer, Nikki just stood there, trying to collect her scattered thoughts. Nikki took a breath and went to collect the rest of her books, then went to pay for them. She was thankful that she did not have to get a lot of stuff like she did her first year.

Nikki walked out of Florish and Blotts, books held awkwardly in her arms. As she walked over to where James and Sirius were waiting, a small smile grew on her face “Hi, Remus” she greeted as she walked up, it would be nice

Remus smiled at her, he was glad to see her. Though it ached hearing she wasn't sure what her feelings were for him, he was happy that they still could hang out without any awkward feelings. Which would've made things hard at Hogwarts, with them being in the same house.

“James, when are we going to go home?” asked Nikki, adjusting the books in her arms, though she knew that they still had stuff they needed to get. She just wanted to get home and check on their parents, even being gone a sort amount of time made Nikki worry about them.

Remus faked a frown “So you don't want to see me?” asked Remus, pretending to be hurt “I see how it is..” he continued, while holding back a smile, but Sirius trying not to laugh made it harder than he had expected.

Nikki's eyes grew wide and she frantically shook her head “No! That's not what I mean!” said Nikki quickly, still shaking her head “Its just t-that” she tried to continue, her voice trembling at the end, the words kept getting mixed up.

Remus kept the false frown, trying to keep it up for as long as he could. It wasn't until Nikki's arms started to tremble, and she kept tried to say something she'd either stutter or unable to say anything that Remus gave in “Nikki, I'm only joking.” said Remus at last.

With another shake of the head, Nikki tried to calm herself down “That was mean!” snapped Nikki, while Sirius started laughing and James rolled his eyes “You know how I am about that, especially since last year.” added Nikki.

Remus shrugged and pulled Nikki into a hug “Sorry.” he apologized, but this only made Nikki shake her head. Nikki wiggled out of Remus' hug and pulled her books closer to her and take a couple steps back form him.

“No” said Nikki, frowning “No hugs for you, meanie” she added, sticking her tongue out at Remus. Making Sirius laugh harder, and Remus smile at the childish thing that Nikki called him. He hoped though that she didn't stay mad for too long, not that he thought Nikki was one to keep mad at someone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 8.1K 84
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1M 40.4K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
377K 13.5K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
6.6K 284 24
แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€™แ€˜แ€€แ€บแ€€แ€›แ€พแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€”แ€บแ€–แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€‚แ€›แ€ฏแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€•แ€ฑแ€™แ€ฒแ€ทแ€›แ€พแ€„แ€บ แ€€แ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ทแ€œแ€พแ€ฑแ€”แ€ถแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€–แ€€แ€บแ€”แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€แ€šแ€บ แ€’แ€ซแ€•แ€ฑแ€™แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€”แ€ฑ แ€แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€•แ€ซYoungแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€™แ€ญแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€ฌLiliแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญ...