Unwavering (Ichika Nakano x M...

By Franzel_Red

Volume 1: The story is set in the 3rd year of high school for Ichika Nakano. It's the moment where Fuutarou f... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Cutting Ties
Chapter 2 - A Friend in Need
Chapter 3 - Realization
Chapter 4 - A Recollection of the Past
Chapter 5 - Photograph
Chapter 6 - Gamble
Chapter 7 - Acceptance
Chapter 8 - Moving back
Chapter 9 - Pool
Chapter 10 - Deal
Chapter 11 - Fix you
Chapter 12 - Intimacy
Chapter 14 - Easing up
Chapter 15 - Preparations
Chapter 16 - The Sunrise Festival
Chapter 17 - 2nd day of the Sunrise Festival
Chapter 18 - The Quintessential QuintupletsπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šβ€οΈ
Chapter 19 - Festival's End
Chapter 20 - What lies ahead
Vol 2. Prologue - Wish
Vol 2. Ch. 21 - Anew
Vol 2. Ch 22 - Departure
Vol. 2 Ch 23 - Adapt
Vol 2. Ch 24 - Too close for comfort
Vol. 2 Ch. 25 - Trust
Vol. 2 Ch. 26 - Camping Trip
Vol. 2 Ch. 27 - Realization
Vol. 2 Ch. 28 - What Lies Behind
Vol. 2 Ch. 29 - Thoughts
Vol. 2 Ch. 30 - Viewpoint
Vol. 2 Ch. 31 - Compromise
Vol. 2 Ch. 32 - A Recollection of her Past
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.1 - Love, Lies, and Sins
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.2 - Regrets and Reconciliation
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.3 - Three Words; Two People; One Mother
Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Uneasiness
Vol. 2 Ch. 34 - Cope
Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - As the End Begins
Vol 2. Ch 36 - Your dream for me
Vol. 2 Ch. 37 - Her Children
Vol. 2 Ch. 38 - As Their World Caves In
Vol. 2 Ch. 39 - Fleeting Moments
Vol. 2 Ch. 40 - Grateful
Unwavering

Chapter 13 - Family Matters

1.8K 80 27
By Franzel_Red

[(Y/N)'s POV]

The room was filled with silence. The man standing in front of me is no other than the quints' father; Maruo Nakano. I kept my composure and pulled myself together.

"Good day to you sir. I'm (F/N) (Y/N). I'm a friend of your daughters and currently in a serious relationship with the eldest one"

"You have the guts to say that to me"

"Yes sir. There's nothing to hide. I'm serious about her and I don't plan on doing anything that may cause her pain or harm. That is something I can assure you"

"How long has it been?"

"It started way back the summer break"

"I see. You do realize that she hasn't graduated yet, right?"

"Yes sir, I understand that completely. That's my goal as well. I want her to graduate with her sisters and I want to support her in fulfilling her dreams"

"But what's your goal? Would you just be following my daughter around?"

"No sir. I believe that growing together is okay but growing apart, fulfilling each other's dreams, goals, is something we're both aware of and prepared for. I have my own path to take and she has hers. The only difference is we're supporting each other out."

"My daughter is becoming more recognized. She's becoming the actress she has been dreaming of. That means that she will be busy. She might even need to do shoots outside the country. How do you plan on handling that?"

"I understand what I got myself into. Being in a relationship with someone like your daughter will be a challenge. I'll be lying to you sir if I say that it doesn't worry me every time that thought crosses my mind. But I trust her, and she trusts me. That's what is important for both of us. The path ahead would not be an easy one, but it's not something to stop me from loving your daughter."

"What made you say that?"

"I've been on a tougher road and the path ahead is not something that would stop me now. I care about Ichika. I understand that as a father, you only want what is best for your daughter. I'm a nobody dating a 'somebody', a famous one if I may add. But I can assure you that we're on the same page. I want her to become the best person she can possibly be. I love your daughter, sir."

"And is she happy?"

"Yes sir. She certainly is."

The silence took over the room again. I'm not sure if I said something wrong or if I overdid it. What I'm sure of is that I'm only telling him what I really feel about Ichika.

"Very well."

"Sir?"

He reached out to give a handshake.

"You better take care of my daughter and make her happy. The moment you hurt her, or do something that would make her cry, I will do everything in my power to do something about it. Do we have an understanding?"

I grabbed his hand and gave a firm but short handshake.

"Yes sir."

"Thank you for your time. Allow my secretary to escort you"

"Thank you as well, sir"

I gave a bow and went outside the office.

"Would you want me to escort you home (L/N)-san?"

"It's alright Ebata-san. Thank you for the offer but I can take it from here."

We were already outside the hospital so I took the train. Time passed and I arrived home. Yuko doesn't have work today. She said that there'll be some errands that we can do especially since it's a weekend.

"Yuko, I'm home."

"There you are! Where have you been?"

"Sorry about that. I ran into something when I was on my way here"

"Let me guess, you came from your girlfriend's hotel again?"

"Uhh... Yeah, I was helping her with the lessons..."

"Lessons? Overnight...? Hmmm... Okay..." She smirked.

"What?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Nothing at all!" She grinned.

"Oh come on!"

She placed her arms on my shoulders "I don't have problems with it don't worry! As a matter of fact, I'm proud of you that you got yourself a girlfriend! A fine one too!"

"Yeah, yeah, by the way, have you eaten yet? I can cook something for you."

"It's okay, I already ordered food earlier since you took so long"

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"That's fine. By the way, have you gotten your College Prospect Exam results yet?"

"Yeah, I did! Wanna see it?" I smiled.

"That's alright, I know you did better than me when I was your age"

"For any consolation, I inherited my smarts from the best."

"Aww thank you..." she gave me a hug.

"I was referring to grandma of course..." I teased.

"What!? I really thought for a sec that it was me!" she hit my shoulders.

"Okay, okay, I was just kidding!" I exclaimed.

"On a serious note, does Asako know?"

"Know what?"

"About your relationship?"

"Yeah, I told her"

"How about the results of the exam?"

"Not yet"

She went silent and I saw a smile on her face.

"What?"

"Oh, it's nothing!"

"Come on now Yuko... Spill it out..."

"It's nothing really... I'm just happy for you. You're getting older. And more mature.""

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you started talking to your mom. I'm sure mother is happy right now"

"Well, if it wasn't for Grandma, I wouldn't even talk to her"

"I understand that. But it's been years now. I'm not saying that what happened is for nothing, alright? I'm just saying that you might want to give her a chance to make it up to you. I know my sister. She doesn't want anything bad for you"

"I-I don't know... I... I'll try Yuko...."

"That's my nephew!" she hugged me tightly.

"Ow! Ow! Tap out! Tap out!"

"Oops! Sorry about that!" We both chuckled.

"Anyways, what do you plan on taking for your major?"

"I might get into a business major and enroll on a state university so it wouldn't be hard on our finances"

"Yeah... About that..."

"What is it?"

"Asako asked me to tell her what your plans are. She wants to support you in your university life."

"I see... I'll talk to her later."

"Yeah..." she mumbled.

"Again!? What surprises do you have for me now?"

"We don't actually have an errand today..."

"Okay...?"

"Asako invited us to have dinner with them tonight and spend the weekend with her."

"And do I have a say on it?"

"I mean, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it if you do."

"Alright, fine. We'll go..."

"Okay, great! Because they'll pick us up any minute now."

"Uhm, what?"

"Asako said that her chauffeur is waiting around the area waiting for you to give your approval"

"Feels like you guys know that I'll say yes to this"

"Nope but I was hoping to! Okay then! I already told her and she said that it could be here any minute now."

Yuko wasn't kidding when she said that the ride will be here any minute because not five minutes have passed and it already arrived. A black limousine parked in front of our house.

"This is the second limousine I'll be riding today..."

"Good afternoon, Katori-sama and (L/N)-Sama. The mistress sent me to pick you up" the man in a business suit greeted us and opened the door.

"Why, thank you!" Yuko exclaimed.

We both got into the vehicle.

"Please make yourselves comfortable. There are drinks and snacks. Please take anything you would like"

"Okay then! Thanks!" Yuko checked the stuff inside the limo and I just laid back. I sent Ichika a message to give her an update.

[Hon? I'm home. I mean, I was, but I'm leaving again]

[Hi hon! Really? Where are you going?]

[To visit my mother]

[I see... Well, you take care alright? You can tell me what happened after. I also have work tonight so maybe we can catch up after?]

[Yeah, I'll give you a call. Just message me when you're finished with work]

[Okay! Love you!]

[Love you too]

Time passed and the driver took us to the airport in Chubu.

"Yuko, why are we here? Didn't they live in Tokai?" I whispered.

"Asako told me that they only stayed in Tokai for a while to visit one of their sites here."

"So where's mom?"

"Here."

She handed me a flight ticket to Tokyo.

"What!?"

"Is something the matter (L/N)-sama?" The chauffeur asked.

"Uhm no sir. We're good. Sorry about that" I replied.

"Keep your voice down!" Yuko flicked my forehead.

"Ow!"

"Your mother arranged all of it. I mean it's Asako's treat so let's just go on with it!"

"Okay, okay!"

The gentleman opened the door for us.

"Please be safe on your way (L/N)-sama." He bowed.

"Uh, Y-Yeah, Thanks..."

We head to the airport and waited for our flight.

"Yes! I was looking forward to this! I'm glad you agreed to come! Asako told me that it will be canceled if you didn't"

"So, you invited me to have a weekend of a lifetime?"

"Oh, cut me some slack!"

"Just kidding. Let's just sit here while we wait."

I took a seat at one of the chairs at the airport.

"Yuko? Don't you want to take a seat?"

"Well, we can wait on the lounge I saw on the pamphlet. Asako gave us First-class tickets"

"I see..."

We head to the lounge she was talking about.

"Don't you want to eat or something?"

"I'm good Yuko. I'll just wait here. Just go enjoy whatever it is you want to do alright? You deserve it" I smiled at her.

"Okay then! Tell me if you need something!"

While Yuko enjoyed the amenities, I just sat down and took a nap. Moments passed and Yuko woke me up to tell me that the flight is almost here. We head to the plane after it arrived. It took a good hour for us to arrive in Tokyo.

At the airport, there was another person waiting for us. It was a lady this time wearing a business suit of some sort. She was with two men who looked like her bodyguard.

"Good day (L/N)-Sama. We're glad that you have arrived safely. I'm Tahara." She bowed her head.

"I'm Yazawa-sama's secretary and I'll be escorting you to where you'll be staying tonight" She added.

Yazawa is my mother's new surname since she already remarried.

"Thank you, Tahara-san. We'll be in your care."

"Hi! I'm Yuko! I'm Asako's sister"

"Yes Katori-san, Yazawa-sama has also informed me of your arrival. We're happy to accommodate your stay"

They escorted us to the vehicle and to no surprise, it was another limousine.

"So Tahara-san, where is my mother staying?"

"She's in a hotel waiting for you (L/N)-sama. We're almost there."

"I see. Thank you"

A moment later and we arrived at the hotel that Tahara-san was referring to.

"We are here. Please watch your steps."

One of the guards opens the door for us.

Then one of the hotel staff opened the door of the hotel for us and help us to get inside.

"Welcome (L/N)-sama! We are glad for your safe arrival"

The hotel staff were all lined up and some people who were wearing some business suits welcomed us and bowed their heads as if we're important people. I was taken aback by what I had just witnessed. I'm not used to this kind of thing if I'm being honest.

I bowed my head. "T-Thank you. We'll be in your care."

"Tahara-san? Isn't it a bit extra for my mom to hire those people just to welcome us?"

"It's alright (L/N)-sama. Yazawa-Sama is ecstatic for your arrival"

"I see, I wonder how much it might've cost to pay the hotel to do all these things"

"Don't worry (L/N)-sama, we didn't pay anything"

"Huh? Alright, then the hotel must be really hospitable then?"

"Yes, Yazawa-sama asked us to prepare so we can welcome you properly"

"Okay... My mother must own one of the biggest rooms in this hotel to be treated this way..."

"Yazawa-sama owns this hotel (L/N)-sama."

"I see-I'M SORRY, WHAT?"

"This is one of the hotels in Japan that the Yazawa family owns"

"Uhuh... So, where's mom?"

"She's at the Penthouse on the top floor waiting for you"

"Okay got it."

Still accompanied by the guards, Tahara-san guided us to the 37th floor of the hotel until we reached the penthouse that she was talking about. The guards opened the door for us and we head inside. Inside the penthouse, I found my mom sitting in one of the elegant-looking couches.

"Yuko! Son!"

She got up and hurried to me.

"How was the travel?"

She gave me and Yuko a hug.

"It was okay. Thank you for the accommodations..."

"Don't worry about it! Anything for you! You must be tired, have a seat, please."

"Thank you"

"Thanks, sis" Yuko mentioned.

"You want to eat? We have prepared food for you! How about a shower? Or do you want some rest?" My mother excitingly asked.

"M-Mom... It's okay. I'm good. I-I appreciate your hospitality..."

"It's nothing! Tahara-chan, thanks for escorting my son safely."

"It was my pleasure Yazawa-sama. I'll continue with today's schedule. Please let me know if you need anything."

"Okay, I'll let you know"

Tahara-san left the penthouse.

"Son, if there's anything I can do for you, just tell me"

"It's okay, I'll just take a rest for a bit"

"Oh, please, let me show you to your room"

"Thank you..."

"Yuko, I'll show you your room after. Let me help (Y/N) first"

"Got it, sis!" She smiled at my mother and gave an okay gesture.

My mother escorted me to the room she was talking about.

"Thank you... I'll take some rest in the meantime"

My mother wasn't saying anything. I noticed her eyes were starting to tear up.

"Did I say something?"

"Hmm? Oh, no, please... You can take a rest now. I won't bother you. Dinner's around eight so you still have some time to rest"

"Oka-"

Before I was even able to finish, she hugged me again.

"Thank you... Thank you so much..."

"For what?"

"For accepting my invite... You don't know how long I was waiting to spend some quality time with you..."

As difficult it was still for me, I hugged her back.

"I-It's okay... Thank you for preparing all these..."

"Y-Yeah... As I said, don't worry about it. Please, you can go ahead and take some rest." She smiled at me while wiping some tears on her eyes.

"Thank you..."

"Okay then, I'll leave you to it"

I laid down on the spacious bed and take some rest. I sent Ichika a message to let her know that I arrived. A minute later, I received a call from her.

"Hello?"

"Hon! I'm on a break when you messaged me. How was it?"

"It was... It was a bit overwhelming if I'm being honest..."

"I see, but are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a bit tired I guess. How about you?"

"All good here!"

"By the way, I met your dad..."

I didn't get any reply for a good minute.

"W-What!? When!?"

"Today as well. So yeah... Today's been eventful. Can you believe it? I rode a limo for three times and a plane all in one day"

"I think you'll get used to it sooner or later"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if everything goes well, you might even start living there especially since we'll be graduating soon. What if you decide to study in Tokyo?"

"I-I'm not yet sure about that hon. But I'll tell you as soon as I can."

"Got it! But how was your conversation with dad?"

"It was brief but he means business. Is he always like that?"

"Yup, that's dad alright. But how did it go? Did he say something?"

"Yeah, we had an understanding and he's okay with our relationship"

"Really!?" I heard her squeal over the phone.

"Hon?"

"Oh, sorry about that. I was just happy! I thought that it would be a problem but it looks like you handled it pretty well!"

"Yeah, I'm glad it turned out okay."

"Alrighty then! I know that you're probably tired so you can go rest now! I need to be back as well"

"Okay, thanks for checking on me hon."

"Sure thing! Okay, okay, I need to hang up now or I'll miss you even more!"

"Alright, alright, you take care."

"Okay! You as well! Love you, hon!"

"Love you too"

We ended the call. I'm still tired from all the travel so I decided to rest. Time passed and I heard Yuko waking me up,

"(Y/N), dinner's ready, your mother's waiting for you."

I got up from the bed wiping my eyes. I stretched a bit to wake myself further.

"Alright, I'm up. Where's mom?"

"She's in the dining area. Let's go together."

"Okay"

We head to the dining area that Yuko was talking about. There, I found my mother.

"Son! How was your rest?"

"It was okay"

"Here, you take a seat"

She got up from her seat and prepared mine.

"Oh, you didn't have to. It's okay, thank you."

"That's alright! You can have anything you want! Help yourselves out!"

"Thank you..."

"Before we continue, I haven't introduced him to you yet"

I wasn't able to notice until mom said it. There's man seating across from where I'm at and started to introduce himself.

"I'm Maro Yazawa. It's nice to finally meet you (Y/N)-Kun."

**************************************************************
ANNOUNCEMENT:

(Quick note): Keep the comments coming guys! I might not reply to all but I'm having a lot of fun reading all of it!

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy the story so far! We'll go back to the usual posting schedule which is every Wednesday. The reason behind this (if by any chance you wanted to know), is that I started to feel my back hurting XD. I work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, just to give a context on why I'm almost always bringing up work on my notes.

I spend 5-6 hours of writing [Reading(Nhent-🤣), researching, writing, looking for inspiration, etc...] everyday to make sure that I can at least provide a quality chapter every time (Or at least I'm hoping that I am.). I'm toning it down a bit so I can still be consistent with the chapters be it the length, quality, and posting time.

I love writing Unwavering and writing in general. Oddly enough, I find rest after work every time I write.

Anyways, if you're still reading up to this point, thank you for putting up with my reasons! Thanks everyone! You guys stay safe in this pandemic!

**************************************************************

If you're still stiillll reading this part 😉,
A Nino and Miku story is in the works. The groundwork is finished. Still working on the release date since I'm trying to avoid being overwhelmed with 3 stories at a time. But we'll get there 😉

Stringed (Nino Nakano x Male Reader) 💜🎾
Haven (Miku Nakano x Male Reader) 💙🎧🎼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 144 11
Follow Godric through the years as he meets a kind-hearted and mysterious woman named Fen. Something about her draws Godric in, changing the way he l...
647K 28.8K 44
Jeon Jungkook, being 20 , an omega , but a fighter, he was a very smart person that had to skip two grades, and strong physically but had soft heart...
8.8K 212 7
Put together during their first combat mission, Z23 and her Commander form a bond right from the start of their time together. How will their relatio...
32.9K 926 35
A massive intertwined city filled with various races, cultures, and ethnicities have achieved the impossible. Society has gotten over the automated...