π–Άπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—„π—‡π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ

By yourstrulyraeee

noun: weaknessοΏΌ. /ˈwΔ“knΙ™s/ -a person or thing that one is unable to resist or likes excessively. More

Disclaimer/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Bonus chapter

9

59.3K 2.8K 1.8K
By yourstrulyraeee

😗sorry for any mistakes

Dallas, Tx
October 18th
Thursday

"Lai, what you cookin'?" Cal asked as they walked out of the stadium after the game.

She furrowed her eyebrows "Who said I was cooking?" She asked.

"I thought we were about to go to yall house?" Kobe asked.

"So? Y'all never heard of bringing yo' own food?" She scoffed.

They looked at her weirdly "Why would we do that when you can just cook?" Cal asked, She rolled her eyes.

"I'on know. I might make some turkey burgers and homemade fries." She said as they all waited across the street so they could cross.

"Can you take me to the store tho?" She asked Cal. She didn't drive and didn't want to go all the way home just to get in her car to go.

He nodded, grabbing both her and Sha's hands to cross the street. "You know we aren't yo' children right?" Lai asked, snatching her hand away from him when they got across.

"I'on trust yo' slow ass to cross the street without someone hold yo' hand"

Her jaw dropped "I ain't suicidal" She frowned.

"Fr? I told mostly all females was suicidal," Cal said with a confused look on his face.

She mugged him "Just shut up" she shook her head as they got to the car, "I'ma meet y'all thea', I gotta go pick Nana and Liyah up," Kobe said before getting in his car.

"Let me know if you get there before us and I'll open the door for y'all," She told him, he said okay before pulling off.

Lai said bye to her parents and brother and sister. She walked to the back seat of Cal's Blue Hellcat SRT, getting in.

_________________

"Can yall help with the groceries please?" Lai said when she walked into the house and Eli and Kobe were playing the game. They paused it before going to do what she asked.

"Lai!" Liyah squealed, running to her in the kitchen. "Hi, ladybug!" picking her up.

"I like your hair" She smiled, looking at her braids with brown beads in them. Liyah smiled "Tank you" and laid her head on her shoulder.

"Where's your mommy?" She asked, she didn't see Makenna in the living room when she walked in.

"Sleeping," Liyah said and pointed down the hallway at their guest room. Lai nodded and put her down.

"Hey, Liyah!" Sha said, putting the groceries on the island. Liyah smiled and went to her with her arms out for her to pick her up.

"Liyah, yo'un even give me the same energy and I knew you longer" Cal mugged her as he, Elijah, and Kobe walked into the kitchen with the rest of the groceries.

"No like you" She scrunched her face up, his jaw dropped "We just said you liked me the other day. So you lied?" He put his hand on his chest.

"Me no lie, me no like you," She said. Everyone laughed at Cal's face. Before they all walked out the kitchen so Lai could start cooking.

"Lai?" Elijah said, watching her put the groceries up and leaving out the ingredients she needed.

She quickly rolled her eyes "Yes Eli?" She sighed. She wasn't a big fan of him at the moment.

She was still upset and felt like he tried to throw her having nightmares and breakdowns in her face. She thought he could have worded it differently on a reason why she wasn't ready to date, not just throw her having breakdowns in her face like she just tries to do that.

She has been keeping her distance from him ever since now.

"Eli? What happened to Elijah?" He frowned. She has never called him by his nickname so he was confused.

"Lai I'm sorry about what I said, I didn't mean for it to come out like that" He sighed.

She nodded, washing her hands. "Loralai," He said at her acting so nonchalant about what he was saying.

"What?" She groaned, turning to face him. "You're right. I'm too broken and damaged to be dating," She shrugged.

"That's not what I said" He frowned.

"Well, that's how it felt like," She said, raising her voice a little. She huffed, she didn't like raising her voice.

He stared at her, he could tell his words hurt her feelings. That was the last thing he ever wanted to do was hurt her feelings. He let his jealousy get in the way before thinking of how he said things.

Throwing her pain in her face wasn't something he was trying to do. "Lai, you're not broken or damaged. You're a really strong person. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I wasn't trying to. I just don't want you to get hurt again." He said sincerely.

"Okay," She mumbled, putting her attention back on cooking.

"So are we good?" He asked with hope in his voice. He missed her badly since she hasn't been talking to him for a week.

She thought about it before nodding "Yeah, I guess" She shrugged.

He hugged her, catching her off guard at first but she hugged him back. "You smell good" He mumbled with his face in the crook of her name.

"Thanks," She said simply.

He was going to get her to the place where she could take compliments regularly and comfortably again. Those half thank you weren't the move anymore.

"You wanna help me cook?" She asked, pushing him off her now.

He chuckled, "Yeah love, what you want me to do?" He asked, looking around.

_________________

Austin, Tx
October 19th
Friday

"Mom knows you checked us out?" Hailey asked as they walked to the car.

"You think I'll be here checkin' y'all out if she didn't?" He asked, looking at her as if she was slow. She rolled her eyes as he unlocked the doors for them to get in.

"So, is it true Calvin has a girlfriend now?" Ivy asked when he pulled out of the parking lot.

Elijah started laughing at her. Since she was younger, Ivy has always had the biggest crush on Cal.

"Here she goes," Hailey mumbled, shaking her head.

"Whattt? I saw he went on a date with some girl on Instagram the other day. You let him cheat on me?" She asked.

Elijah couldn't do anything but laughed at her "Ivy your 16 and he's 23, it will never work. He ain't finna catch a case over you" He shook his head at her.

"He's supposed to wait for me! Age ain't nothing but a number anyways" She huffed, folding her arms across her chest.

"You think a 23-year-old man is a gon wait on a 16-year-old?" He asked.

"Yes! She ain't gon treat him better than I would. Now he has to suffer because he doesn't want to be patient and I'm gon tell him that too when I see him." She said, matter-of-factly.

He shook his head at her and her antics.

_________________

"Y'all needa hurry up too or I'ma leave y'all," He told them when they pulled up to his parent's house. They nodded and got out of the car and ran towards the door to get their bags.

He followed them in the house as the smell of cookies hit his nostrils. He followed the lovely smell towards the kitchen, he smiled when he saw his mom, Camilla pulling the fresh set of cookies out of the oven.

"Hey pretty lady," He said, she turned around with the biggest smile on her face, "Hey baby, I didn't even hear you come in" She took the oven mitt off before hugging him and they rocked side to side a little.

"Where pops?" He asked, "In his man crave, where his old ass always is" She shook her head.

He laughed, walking towards the stairs to go down into the basement. He opened the door and was greeted with the loud Tv.

He walked further inside, seeing his dad Sean, sitting in the recliner seat with a beer in his hand while watching a football game.

"Wassup pops," He said, acknowledging that he was there, Sean looked up and smiled once he saw his son.

"Wassup son," Sean said, getting up and they hugged. "You down here to visit?" He asked.

Elijah shook his head no "I came to get Hai and Ivy. It's a good thing that I didn't even realize we were in October." He shook his head.

Every October he always does something for Ivy and Hailey mainly since it was the month of Ivy's parent's death. They died when she was 6 in a bad car accident. Ivy is his Cousin and Godsister so she came to live with them.

Every October he gets her out of the house or does something special for her so she wouldn't dwell so much about her parents passing.

Sean nodded "Yeah, We went to see them the other day. Her crazy ass was fussing bout Cal having a girlfriend now and him betraying her" He laughed.

Elijah shook his head "She tryna get my man's locked up messing with her" He laughed as they went upstairs.

"When were you going to tell me about your new girlfriend?" Camilla asked with her eyebrow raised and her hand on her hip.

He frowned "I'on have a girl. You know I would get a girl and not let her meet my favorite lady" He smiled and hugged her.

"Mhm, get off me boy." She chuckled, pushing him off, and went to sit on her husband's lap at the table.

"So who are those girls that y'all be with, all on the Instagrams— it's Instagram right baby?" She asked Sean, he chuckled before nodding.

"Yeah that, I know one of them is Calvin's lil girlfriend but who is the other?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

He smiled a little at the thought of Lai "Yo' future daughter-in-law, she just doesn't know it yet" He smirked.

She curled her lip up "I'm not a big fan of girls you be picking so I doubt it" She shook her head.

He laughed, he knew Lai wasn't like other girls in his past. She was pure in his eyes. She was someone he felt like he had to have in his life.

"I gotchu. Liyah likes her" He told her, her jaw dropped. "Kobe's lil girl Liyah?" She asked, shocked.

He nodded "Oh lawddd, Sean we got us a daughter-in-law!" She smiled.

Sean shook his head at her "What does she do?" Sean asked, raising his brow.

He knew his parents weren't going to be a big fan of him dating. Like everyone, they saw girls as them only wanting him for his money and for materialistic things of what he could do for them.

They saw it as, if she didn't have a job or trying to find one, she was using him.

"She's a flight attendant, that's how I met her actually when I went to Cancún in the summer," He told her.

"Oooh I know she is busy. I like her already! She's making her own money" Camilla smiled, Sean nodded agreeing.

"Can I meet her? Whenever she's free, she is so pretty when I saw her on that Instagram app yall love. She has Facebook?" Camilla asked, he laughed.

"I'll have to ask her but yeah" He chuckled.

_________________

Dallas, Tx
October 20th
Saturday

Lai sighed after she finished running her bath and put Dr. Teal's melatonin sleep bath inside. She was hoping that it would help her fall asleep since she was really tired and hadn't slept in almost two days.

She fears if she sleeps to look then she would have nightmares. She molded herself not to sleep since the assault now she is regretting it.

Her writing in her journal has been helping over the last few days but she just wishes she could get some sleep now.

She untied her robe, allowing it to fall to her feet. She ran her hands down the sides of her naked body. She sometimes felt so disgusted with herself. She started to tear up as she stared at herself, feeling worthless and used.

The thought of sex made her sick to her stomach. She didn't even think anyone would want to have sex with her because of what she went through.

"Stop, you're okay and it's the past Lai" She sniffled, wiping her tears away.

She felt stuck like she was never going to be the happy-go person she used to be. She believed even if she one day heals, she will never be the same and be stuck in the same place she has been for almost 2 years now.

She sighed, walked to her tub, and stepped in, one foot at a time then care sat her whole body in the water.

"It's going to get better Lai, I promise I'm trying my best" She spoke to herself.

_________________

Lai kicked her feet as she sat in the barstool writing in her journal.

She accidentally fell asleep in her bath earlier and slept a whole 2 hours in there. She looked like a dried-up cranberry.

When she got out, she decided she should write in her journal since she had kind of a breakdown.

She was home alone, something she hates being for a long time. Sha went to visit her parents and when she called Elijah, he was with his sisters so she didn't want to intrude on their family time.

She froze when she heard the doorbell ring, she wasn't expecting anyone to come over. She quickly got up and grabbed a knife from the kitchen before going towards the door.

She frowned when she saw Cal at the door, she turned the alarm off and unlocked the door.

"Hey Cal...and Kobe," She said, confused as to why they were there.

"Damn, you were gon stab us?!" Cal asked, looking at her as if she was crazy.

She chuckled "If I didn't know you maybe" She shrugged, stepping to the side to let them in.

"What y'all doing here?" She asked, going to the kitchen and pulling the knife back.

"Sha told us you were home alone so we came to keep you company" Kobe smiled, sitting on the sofa.

"Aww, y'all didn't have to do that. I was okay," She assured them.

"Yo'un have to lie ta' us. Your puffy eyes say otherwise. Come sit" Cal patted the seat in between him in Kobe. She just looked at them and they looked at her back.

She sighed seeing she wasn't about to win the stare off and went and sat down.

They both hugged her "We gotcha sis" Cal told her.

"Don't be afraid to talk to us if you need someone to talk to, we're here to listen just like you be wit' us" Kobe told her.

If you need anyone, Lai was the person to call. She was always there for anyone she cared for and within the short few months of knowing Cal and Kobe she has been there for them more than people they knew for years have been.

She expressed herself but not too many or her parents and Sha. When she opened up to Elijah, she felt like she had to cut him off afterward because he was getting too close after that but she didn't. More of she couldn't.

It amazed her how they all still wanted to be in her life and be there for her when she thought they would cut her off because she was too damaged. She was grateful to have more genuine friends in her life now.

"Thank y'all" She mumbled as they continued to hug her. She didn't know how much she needed this hug until now.

___________________________________

Heeeeyyyyyyyy

Y'all think Lai gave in too easily when Elijah apologized?

Kobe and Cal are so sweet🥺 I want genuine male friends man🥲

Y'all think she was upset for no reason?

How do y'all feel about his parents?

Not Cal got someone wanting him to catch a case😭

BYEEEE UNTIL MY NEXT UPDATEEE🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 34.7K 57
deΒ·voΒ·tion /dΙ™ΛˆvōSH(Ι™)n/ noun love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause. - Read to find out more...❣️ published; 06-11-2020
89.7K 4.5K 12
Elysian - ely·​sian | \ i-ˈli-zhΙ™n \ - beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect. | 𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 π‘π„π–π‘πˆπ“π“π„π ఌ︎ |
32.8K 2.4K 5
𝙸 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒 𝙸 πš–πšŽπš πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πšŽπš›πšπšŽπšŒπš πšœπšπš›πšŠπš—πšπšŽπš›, 𝙸 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš 𝚞𝚜
1.9K 150 16
inΒ·fatΒ·uΒ·aΒ·tion /in-fat-chu-ation/ β€’nounβ€’ an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. "we do not exist in any other in...