The Bug Collector | marauders

By irisfarm

Lily Evan's younger sister, Rose, met half of the self proclaimed "Marauders" before she had even set foot on... More

Summer of 1972
Platform 9 3/4 and The Hogwarts Express
Black Lake and the Sorting Hat
Common Emerald Moth
An Argument Over Breakfast
Remus Lupin and Classes
Herbology
A Ballad to Autumn and Winter
Before the Echos
A Little Room With Water-Green Curtains
Welcome Back
Echo and Narcissus
One Thousand Apologies
The Sword of Gryffindor
Christmas of '73
Tell the Truth
New Years Day 1974
The Comeback Prank
Summer of 74'
Changes
Quidditch and Things Such as That
Afterparty
No Lilies, Nor Irises have Thorns
Our Little Botanist
The Allegory of The Cave
Resistance
On The Way Home
Summer of 75'
Partners in Potions
The Unreliable Narrator
The Day After Halloween
Figs and Honey
Papilio Polyxenes Asterius
Disenchanted
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday
A Slytherin Party
The Cloak
Under the Stars, and Surrounded by Greenery
Summer of 76'
Another Year
"R"
Chloris, Goddess of Flowers
Mint Tea
Moony and The Gargoyle
Peter and Plants
Sirius Black's Pajama Pants
Thorns
The "Rumor"
Regulus Black Is A Death Eater
Lily's Opinion
Graffiti Flowers
Jasmine Toothpaste
I Fársa
Response
Dirt, Smoke, And Flower Stems
A Betrayal So Small
Summer of 77'
The Days That Followed
Communication and Energy
Ferns
Ivy Grows
Prometheus and Epimetheus
Ties
Patronus, Dragonfly
555
Pendulum
Another Fight Over Breakfast
A Temporary Alliance
Scorpio
Mint
1978
Rainbow Stag Beetle
Rosemary
O St. Valentine
Plato's Symposium
With Love
The Serpent in the Garden
Bug Collector
Fern Leaves and Black Tea
Stephone
Lost Flowers
Little Shop of Horror
Graduation
Summer of 1978
No Flowers For A Guilty Sadist
Tu Me Manques
Everyone But You
Little Moth
Portrait In A Burning House
The End Of The World
Nine of Swords
The Fool
Wisteria
Romeo and Orpheus
A Pit Viper In A Rose Garden
Enter Ghost
The Years That Followed
Happy Halloween
You Were Promised A Rose Garden

Castor and Pollux

1.2K 68 90
By irisfarm

tw: sexual themes

It made sense.

A million little things clicked together in Rose's mind when she heard that kiss, but she didn't know how to bring it up, or if she should at all.

So, afterwards she ignored Sirius altogether, and he hated that. By the third day of pretending he didn't exist Rose realized that Sirius Black does not know how to cope with not being granted the attention he's use to.

In fact, that lead her to where she was now, she'd invited him to her dorm to perhaps talk about what she'd heard, but that's not immediately what happened.

Instead, they'd not made it far into the dorm before he'd kissed her, and she kissed him, and they'd managed to half-blindly make their way over to Rose's bed before things escalated further. In the midst of this escalation Rose spoke, breaking away from a kiss to do so.

"Sirius." She said.

"Hmm?" He asked, bringing a hand gently to her cheek, it was red and snug at his touch, the result of his hand coming in contact with it far less gently moments before.

With her permission, of course.

"I know who else you're seeing, Sirius. I know about him." She confessed. Simply incapable of keeping it to herself any longer.

He instantly pulled away from her, a confused yet alarmed look on his face.

"What?" He asked, chest heaving a bit.

"I don't know why I decided to share that right now, but it's been on my mind for days." Rose admitted, bringing the green silken sheets up to cover Sirius who was mostly unclothed at this point.

"That's not what you say in a moment like this." He said as he sat back to process what he'd just heard.

"I know that! I just couldn't ignore it anymore." She said, beginning to re-buttoning her blouse.

A silence passed between them before he'd found the words to say.

"You won't tell anyone right?" He asked, an usual vulnerability radiated off him. He wasn't wearing his jewelry, his Gryffindor tie was thrown unceremoniously onto the floor, and his face was expressionless as he awaited her response.

"Of course I won't tell anyone, and just so you know I'm not mad or anything. I just have so many things I want to ask." She explained sincerely.

"I'm not sure that I'm ready to tell you more." He confided, she reached out to hold his hands delicately.

"That's okay. I didn't even have to know really..." She replied, he released her hands to grab his shirt from the floor, slipping it on with ease before lying down beside her.

"You'll all know eventually." He said, straightening her skirt and as he spoke to her.

She nodded in response and reached under her pillow, pulling out a small journal and a muggle ink pen.

"I'm still here." He said, a soft chuckle escaping his lips as he reached for the little black book in Rose's hands.

She pulled it out of his reach quickly.

"Yeah, and I've got a lot to write down." She argued, he propped his head up on his hands, giving sad attention-requesting eyes.

"...but it can wait." She gave in, placing the book back in it's proper place and wrapping up cozily in her sheets.

November 1st 1977
During the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor quidditch match

"You both look stunning." Sirius said as he sat between the two Evans girls, both decked out in red and gold, Lily had become one of James' loudest supporters recently.

"Are you wearing—" Lily began, but Rose cut her off with a smirk.

"Slytherin face paint? Yes indeed. Padfoot here lost a bet and this was the punishment." Rose said, proudly.

"What bet?" Lily asked and Remus, who was seated on her other side answered.

"As it involved rather illegal activities I'm going to answer for the three of us and say: no comment." He said with a bit of dramatic flare you only heard from Remus when he was in a decent mood or had partaken of some fire whiskey.

"Please don't get into too much trouble." Lily pleaded with him.

"My lady, that is the goal for the rest of the year." He continued with a smile as the game played on above them.

Sirius broke the rules of their bet and wiped off the snake Remus had painted on his face before the end of the game, it was later decided he owed them both a butterbeer for his transgression.

He at least kept that half of the bargain. After the match, and long after curfew had passed there was a party to celebrate the Gryffindor victory. It took place on the quidditch grounds themselves, they'd managed to play music as the grounds inside the pitch filled with students.

A good few arguments broke out throughout the night, but that wasn't uncommon after a Gryffinor vs. Slytherin game. Tensions were always high when the rival teams played one another.

Lights were set up around the quidditch pitch, and along with the muffled sounds of music and chatter the scent smoke hung heavily to the air, a haze practically shrouded the grounds.

At this party is when Sirius managed to get Rose and Remus their butterbeers.

"Thank you, Pads." Rose said, having quickly finished hers, sitting the empty glass on the ground next to them.

"But, I'm off for a bit, Prongs has wandered off and Wormy is nowhere to be seen, that leaves just you two." She said making a smug little face.

"See ya." Remus said with a little smile of his own sending a wave her way as she sauntered off.

She was on a mission to find Regulus or Xenophilius. The latter of which never missed parties, outdoor ones in particular, so, Rose knew he at least would be there. So, she looked around for a tall blonde man and his short stoic companion(minus the Death Eaters hopefully).

When Rose saw them she practically ran to their sides.

"Reg!"

"Greenhouse girl." Xeno responded lazily when she arrived.

"Hi." She said, little grin on her face.

"Hello. Saw your friend a little while ago, he complimented me on "carrying" the whole bloody team." He said.

"James?" Rose asked, smile ever present as they spoke.

"Yes it was, Potter."

He said, moving a single piece of hair that continuously fell back into his face behind his ear once more.

She reached up to grab his hand.

"Leave it." She said, before dropping her hand back to her side, fidgeting with the hem of her skirt before speaking up again.

"You wanna dance?" She asked, a bit nervous. To actually so so they'd have to move closer to the music, while simultaneously staying away from her friends who all thrived on being the center of attention thus, were probably re-collecting rather to the music.

Regulus looked wide-eyed at first, as if he didn't even know how to respond to that.

"You know what? We're going to dance." She said, making her way to the music, giving him no choice but to follow after her.

"My brother will be here."

"Your brother dances with everyone. Why can't I dance with you?" She retorted as they made their way closer to the music.

That sent a mischievous glint to his eyes, enough for him to follow along behind her, occasionally looking back to his friend waving at them as the song playing got louder around them.

You better stop the thing that you're doin'

The low tones of "I Put a Spell on You" by Creedence Clearwater Revival played as Rose regained the confidence needed to actually dance alongside side the other groups, pulling Regulus relatively close.

I ain't gonna take none of your, foolin' around

"You mind?" Regulus asked, removing a single cigarette from it's box, which was half squished in his pocket.

"Not at all." She said, whispering a fire charm as he put it in his mouth.

With a few breaths it was lit, and he held it out of the way so he could remain close to her in between hits.

I put a spell on you

because you're mine

Rose wished she could lie and say she didn't hear the footsteps fast approaching, but she did hear them.

She also heard James' muffled voice giving a warning of:

"Padfoot, stop." In the distance.

She almost wished she hadn't taken Regulus' hand, removed the cigarette, and tossed it to the ground.

"Reg." She said firmly, her face mere inches from his as they moved together.

You better stop, the thing that you're doin'

His hand found it's way to her the small
of her back, holding her against him as she ran both her hands through his hair, finally griping it to bring his lips to hers, kissing him deeply as both the music and voices around them grew louder.

I put a spell on you because you're mine, all right

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 830 52
Ella Barnes is quiet with a timid personality until she befriends the infamous Marauders. She starts to come out of her shell and find herself more...
38.9K 945 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
91.4K 2.2K 32
I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. In front of the others, especially in front of Remus and Sirius, I had to pretend like I was okay. But I wasn'...
372K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...