O St. Valentine

About a week after James' rude interruption of their attempted broom cupboard alone time Rose had planned an outing with Regulus.

She'd taken him back to the cave not far out of the Hogwarts grounds, she'd brought the Marauders Map and James' invisibility cloak along with her, and because of a rule they'd made long ago the boys couldn't ask why she required either item. It was perfect.

Streams of light shined through cracks in the stone, lush plant life covered the cave walls and most of the ground.

Water flowed all throughout the cave, waterfalls both big and small could be heard as they explored.

There was even a few signs of life, dragonflies zoomed by their heads speedily, each time Rose saw one she'd point at it and say "that's you" by the third "that's you" Regulus had a look on his face like he wanted to drown her in the nearest waterfall.

But he seemed to find it endearing.

Colorful rocks lined the bottom of the natural pools, despite the cold Rose had removed her shoes and socks and made her way into the shallow water, splashing about until it was simply too frigid to stand it anymore. The smooth stones had felt nice under her feet though.

Regulus assisted her out of the water, when the cool metal of his ringed hand came in contact with her skin it sent shivers down her spine, he quickly removed his hand with an apologetic look on his face. Rose she her head and took hold his hand again, untucking her blouse and placing his palm flat against the soft skin of her stomach. She'd not broken eye contact with him until he darted his own eyes away, body tensing.

For someone who was usually so cold and brooding, Regulus turned to a puddle when she did things like this.

"Reg." She said, he looked back at her.

"I'd like for you to kiss me." She continued, and he instantaneously obliged, removing his hand from her to hold either side of her face gently.

The kiss continued for longer than he may have originally planned it to, he'd found himself leading her to the nearest cave wall, and pressed there against it he reached for his wand, conjuring up a mess of pillows and blankets along the smooth stony ground, Rose broke the kiss soon after, looking at him questioningly.

"Do you...want to...Are you sure?" She asked, finding herself flustered at the idea.

"Very." He half whispered against her skin.

Just like that her decision on the matter was made.

"Okay. Yeah." She agreed, blushy little smile on her face and a squeak to her voice.

"But you know I've—"

"Never?" She asked.

"Exactly." He nodded.

"That's okay too." She breathed, pulling him over to the makeshift mattress by his silken emerald shirt.

Just then a dragonfly buzzed by, she dropped his shirt to point excitedly at it.

"That's you!"

"Rose!" He whined, his voice echoed throughout the space.

A few giggles escaped her as she brought their lips back together, heart pounding and skin buzzing.

February 14th 1978

Rose was fully aware that James might propose to Lily that day.

Luckily he didn't, but he did pull out all the stops. Lily's day started with white chocolates(her favorites) in the cliché heart container, followed by bouquets of flowers in every class(all created by him and Rose the night before, booya teamwork).