Castor and Pollux

tw: sexual themes

It made sense.

A million little things clicked together in Rose's mind when she heard that kiss, but she didn't know how to bring it up, or if she should at all.

So, afterwards she ignored Sirius altogether, and he hated that. By the third day of pretending he didn't exist Rose realized that Sirius Black does not know how to cope with not being granted the attention he's use to.

In fact, that lead her to where she was now, she'd invited him to her dorm to perhaps talk about what she'd heard, but that's not immediately what happened.

Instead, they'd not made it far into the dorm before he'd kissed her, and she kissed him, and they'd managed to half-blindly make their way over to Rose's bed before things escalated further. In the midst of this escalation Rose spoke, breaking away from a kiss to do so.

"Sirius." She said.

"Hmm?" He asked, bringing a hand gently to her cheek, it was red and snug at his touch, the result of his hand coming in contact with it far less gently moments before.

With her permission, of course.

"I know who else you're seeing, Sirius. I know about him." She confessed. Simply incapable of keeping it to herself any longer.

He instantly pulled away from her, a confused yet alarmed look on his face.

"What?" He asked, chest heaving a bit.

"I don't know why I decided to share that right now, but it's been on my mind for days." Rose admitted, bringing the green silken sheets up to cover Sirius who was mostly unclothed at this point.

"That's not what you say in a moment like this." He said as he sat back to process what he'd just heard.

"I know that! I just couldn't ignore it anymore." She said, beginning to re-buttoning her blouse.

A silence passed between them before he'd found the words to say.

"You won't tell anyone right?" He asked, an usual vulnerability radiated off him. He wasn't wearing his jewelry, his Gryffindor tie was thrown unceremoniously onto the floor, and his face was expressionless as he awaited her response.

"Of course I won't tell anyone, and just so you know I'm not mad or anything. I just have so many things I want to ask." She explained sincerely.

"I'm not sure that I'm ready to tell you more." He confided, she reached out to hold his hands delicately.

"That's okay. I didn't even have to know really..." She replied, he released her hands to grab his shirt from the floor, slipping it on with ease before lying down beside her.

"You'll all know eventually." He said, straightening her skirt and as he spoke to her.

She nodded in response and reached under her pillow, pulling out a small journal and a muggle ink pen.

"I'm still here." He said, a soft chuckle escaping his lips as he reached for the little black book in Rose's hands.

She pulled it out of his reach quickly.

"Yeah, and I've got a lot to write down." She argued, he propped his head up on his hands, giving sad attention-requesting eyes.

"...but it can wait." She gave in, placing the book back in it's proper place and wrapping up cozily in her sheets.

November 1st 1977
During the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor quidditch match