Famous or InFamous (KDA x Mal...

By PrimeJ13

The story of a young introverted college student who meets new people, comes out of his shell and kicks ass... More

Meet the main characters
Chapter 1: Back to school
Chapter 3: Shopping and a chase
Chapter 4: Tension
Chapter 5: Investigation, Confrontation, Revelation
Chapter 6: Collaboration
Chapter 7: All I want for Christmas is you
Chapter 8: Identity revealed
Chapter 9: Dark side
Chapter 10: Stalker alert
Chapter 11: Loss
Chapter 12: Games
Chapter 13: All good things come to an end
Chapter 14: Prison life
Chapter 15: Freedom
Chapter 16: Lovers quarrel
Chapter 17: Flight
Chapter 18: Relaxation
Chapter 19 Concert and Complications
Chapter 20: Marriage and going public

Chapter 2: Opening up and a reunion

2.5K 65 20
By PrimeJ13

Monday, september 28th 2019 Joe POV

It's been a bit over a week since I got to the new dorm. Overall it's been a very good week. The KDA girls were way too patient with me for their own good, my new song was released and is soaring through the charts, and when it comes to my social skills I've finally started making some progress although the only person I can have half a conversation with is Kai'sa and with her being an introvert as well, conversations get awkward pretty quick. I just got dressed, cleaned up and left my room. Downstairs I grabbed my leftover sandwich from yesterday and sat down at a table before turning on the radio.

???: Good morning~

I looked around and saw Evelynn and Ahri sitting on a couch while tapping around on their phones. Seeing as I just took a bite out of my sandwich, I just waved. Most of the stuff on the radio was boring. I finished my sandwich and threw the wrapper in the trash right as Akali and Kai'sa came down.

Kai'sa: Morning.

Akali just let out a yawn.

Ahri: Hey you two.

Akali: Hey Joe anything interesting on the radio?

Before I could reply, the radio did it for me.

Radio: Good morning Piltover! Welcome back to Monday Music News! This week on MMN we got a shocker for you, the queens that have ruled the charts for almost a year have been dethroned.

All of us snapped our heads toward the radio.

Akali: No way.

Radio: You heard it here first folks, KDA after being on the number one spot have tumbled not just to number two, but to number three of the top 100.

Is this really happening right now?

Radio: The anonymous artist known as Deeps has claimed the number one and number two spots with his last two singles 'Rumors' and 'Cold'

Calm down, don't jump around like a rabbit on drugs. I looked toward the girls to see mixed reactions. Ahri looked sad, Evelynn looked indifferent, Akali had a smirk on her face and Kai'sa looked absolutely gutted, which made feel bad about it. Not a lot, but just a little.

Evelynn: I guess it had to happen at some point.

Ahri: I know, but I wouldn't have minded to be at the top for a while longer.

Akali: I don't see your issue. This guy Deeps makes awesome music. We can use this as motivation to become better.

Oh stop it, you're gonna make me blush. I was snapped out of it by multiple ringtones. All of our phones were overflowing with notifications, Twitter and Reddit blew up. I got messages from my family and Sera saying how proud they were and that I did a good job. Taric also sent a text.

Taric: Good job kid, take your time with Fight Back. Enjoy the spotlight.

Then I checked twitter to see a tweet from Sona. THE Sona from Pentakill just mentioned me in a tweet. It took everything I had in order not to squeal or fangirl.

@Pentakill_Sona: Big shoutout and congratulations to @Deeps_Official for reaching the top of the charts! Rock on dude!

I can die a happy man now. I looked up from my phone to see Akali with a confused look.

Akali: You gonna answer the question?

Question?

Joe: Hm?

Akali: I asked you why you think Deeps made it to the top. Since you seem to enjoy music we'd like to hear your opinion on the matter

Okay now don't stutter.

Joe: Uhm...Since you guys and Deeps released your first songs around the same time, you guys soared to the top of the charts, while Deeps didn't. The thing is, while Deeps continued pushing himself and released multiple songs, you guys just stopped and after POP/STARS started becoming a bit stale people moved on to something else.

Evelynn: Our music doesn't get stale darling~ It is almost as perfect as us.

Joe: Perfection doesn't exist Evelynn. If it did, you guys would still be on top. The numbers don't lie. Your fanbase might agree with you, but after KDA went radio silent, people started losing interest.

That was good right? Everyone stared at me with open mouths.

Joe: D-Did I say something wrong?

Ahri: No, it's just....

Akali: In the last minute you spoke more than in the past week.

Huh, would you look at that.

Akali: You see? We're already making progress. What else do you wanna talk about?

Joe: Uhmmm....

Ahri: I think you're moving a bit too fast there Rogue.

Akali: Sorry, just got a bit excited, but it wouldn't hurt to know a bit more about you.

I guess there's nothing wrong with that. These four have been patient with me the entire week, might as well return the kindness.

Joe: W-Well what do you w-w-wanna know?

Ahri: First off. Why do you have such trouble socializing?

Joe: Uhmm...When I was younger people would often ignore me for being powerless and when I finally unlocked my ability a bit over two years ago I didn't know how to tell people. I couldn't just go up to them and say 'Hey, I got an ability now so you can stop ignoring me' Then I came here and people would actually start approaching me, but I didn't know how to respond so I just ran away.

After my little explanation Kai'sa handed me a paper towel to dry some tears that escaped my eyes.

Evelynn: Next question: Why did you snap at me when I was just trying to help you?

Joe: I had a heated argument with my grandmother. You see my mothers parents never approved of her relationship with my father, because unlike me, dad is actually powerless. When they found out I didn't have powers either they, like mostly everyone else, denied my existence. Then when I did finally decide to tell them about my abilities they called me a liar and insults started being thrown both ways. Next thing I know is I insult Evelynn and get slashed by her claws.

I looked at Evelynn as she never looked away from me.

Joe: I really am sorry about that.

The room then went quiet as everyone looked at Evelynn, who then let out a sigh.

Evelynn: It's alright darling. Water under the bridge.

Joe: Thanks Evelynn. I mean it.

Evelynn: You can call me Eve darling~

Kai'sa: Why are you so talkative all of a sudden? Don't get me wrong it's nice.

Joe: You four have been very patient and have helped me a lot over the past week. Like when Eve stopped Ahri's boyfriend from beating me up for not answering him. Thanks again Eve.

Evelynn: It was my pleasure darling~

Eve and Ahri's boyfriend Josh don't really get along. I'd almost say they hate each other. If it wasn't for his relationship with Ahri he would've probably been kicked out of the team by now. His ability to produce neon and then use it to run fast and amplify his punches probably helped as well.

Joe: I just thought my friends should know a bit more about me. O-Or am I moving a bit fast by calling us friends?

The girls looked at each other before turning back to me with smiles on their faces.

Akali: No, I think friends is a good way to call our relationship.

(AN: I know this is going a bit fast, but so far the only people on the team he talks to are KDA so there will probably be some awkward moments when he meets other members)

I just gave a big smile back.

Akali: So, do you have any other hobbies beside playing guitar.

Joe: I like to cook.

Kai'sa perks up.

Joe: I like cars.

Evelynn perks up

Joe: I can't say I like shopping, but I don't hate it when my mom and sister's drag me along.

Ahri's ears twitch a bit. Cute I wanna pet them.

Joe: And I like art.

Akali: What kind of art?

Joe: Graffiti.

Akali: No way. What did you make?

Joe: A lot of stuff. Remember the big Mortal Kombat logo behind the school last year?

Akali: You mean the one that I got in trouble for?

She did?

Joe: I'm sorry.

Akali: Don't worry, that was lit. Maybe we can go out and make some art together one day.

Joe: Sure.

Ahri: Wait, you said you had sisters?

Joe: Yeah, I have four siblings. Two sisters and two brothers. I'm the middle child, there's my younger brother Sam, my younger sister Emily as well as my older brother Brad and my older sister Veronica.

I heard a shocked gasp and looked at Ahri with a raised eyebrow.

Ahri: So you're saying that one of the biggest fashion models and aspiring actress Veronica Jackson is your sister?

Joe: Mhm.

Ahri: Oh my god, I'm such a fan of her work.

I knew Ahri loved fashion, but I didn't know she was such a fan of my sister.

Joe: When she's in town and we're free I can take you to meet her if you want.

Ahri: You would do that?

Joe: Sure. Hey, wanna know a secret?

Ahri: Mhm.

Joe: She really and I mean really likes your perfume.

She squeals and starts giggling like a schoolgirl. When she's like this she's actually kind of cute......Wait, no, bad thoughts.

Kai'sa: So what kind of food do you like to cook?

Joe: While I can cook a lot of things, I prefer making Ionian style cuisine, mostly ramen and noodles though.

Akali: Important question: What's better Ramen or noodles?

Joe: I mean....they're both good. I just prefer noodles since I don't like soups all that much. Sure if you were to order or make it I'd eat it, but I would choose noodles any day. The spicier they are, the better they are.

Kai'sa: If you don't like ramen that much, then why learn how to make it?

Joe: My little sister used to be almost addicted to instant ramen. So one day I made her ramen from scratch and since then she never ate instant ramen again.

Evelynn: Think that would work for you Rogue?

Akali: Even if it did, I wouldn't want it to work. So Joe, how spicy are we talking.

Simple answer.

Joe: The samyang x2 are the bare minimum. Anything less is considered not spicy.

We kept talking for about another thirty minutes before I had to go to class and after four hours of classes and an hour of lunch, I finally made my way to the shopping district of Piltover and made my way over to a coffe shop called 'Pantheon's'. I entered and sat down in a random booth. After a short while a certain pink haired waitress came over.

Seraphine: Hello sir, welcome to pantheon's what can I-

She looked at me before engulfing me in a bear hug.

Seraphine: Bestie! How are you?

We were interrupted by a voice coming from the register.

Pantheon: Seraphine! Don't hug customer's while you're on the clock! Even if they are your friends.

Seraphine: Sorry sir! So, what can I get you?

Joe: Strawberry milk boba.

Seraphine: Alright! Be with you soon.

As she left I took a second to admire how she looks in her uniform. My verdict: pretty cute. Wait, no, bad thoughts. After a short while she came back with my boba.

Seraphine: My shift ends in fifteen minutes. You just wait here and I'll be with you soon.

Joe: Okay.

She left and I took a sip of my boba before checking my phone. I decided to reply to Sona's tweet.

@Deeps_Official: Thanks a lot @Pentakill_Sona that means a lot coming from you. You were my inspiration to start making music

I took another sip of boba and browsed through Reddit and people were going bonkers over the news. There were of course also the diehard KDA fans that say I don't deserve it, but hey, fuck the haters am I right? Fifteen minutes passed and Seraphine arrived and sat next to me.

Seraphine: So, how does it feel to be number one?

Joe: It hasn't fully sunk in yet, but so far? Pretty damn good.

Seraphine: I still can't believe you dethroned KDA.

I looked around to see if anyone heard her. Luckily the answer was no.

Joe: Shh. Not so loud.

Seraphine: Right, sorry.

Joe: Don't worry. Anyway, it's been two months how have you been. I see you improved in making boba.

Seraphine: It's been good. I was a bit bummed when I couldn't come to Noxus with you, but other than that? Pretty good. Although....

Joe: What is it?

She looks around to check if no one's listening before whispering.

Seraphine: There's this new co-worker that's been asking me out and I've said no multiple times now, but he doesn't take the hint. He's starting to become really creepy.

Joe: Want me to handle it?

While I'm not the most social person, I can hold my own in a fight. Sera on the other hand is the polar opposite, she can make friends pretty quickly and has a good ability, but she's not really a fighter though

Seraphine: No. I don't want you to get into a fight and get hurt.

Joe: Okay, but if he ever follows you, call me and go where I tell you. I'll meet you halfway understood.

Seraphine: Yeah. Thanks Joe. So anyway, anything interesting going on at school?

I take another sip of boba before answering.

Joe: Yeah, I'm part of a team now and I may or may not have finally started to make some friends.

Seraphine: See? I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you. Now gimme details, who are those so called friends of yours.

Joe: I think you've heard of them. You are their biggest fan after all.

She just gave me a shocked look.

Seraphine: Shut up....are you serious? Are you really on a team with.....

She looks around again.

Seraphine: With KDA?

Joe: Yup.

Seraphine: You really are living my dream.

Joe: Really? I thought your dream was making music.

Seraphine: You know what I mean smartass.

Joe: If you want, I can try and arrange a meeting between you and them sometime.

Seraphine: Really? You mean it?

Joe: Sure.

Seraphine: Hey Joe?

I finished the last of my boba.

Joe: Hm?

Seraphine: Can you promise me something? Promise that you won't forget me. You're sitting at the top of the charts and sooner or later there will be concerts, albums and all that. I guess I just don't want you to forget your bestie.

I looked atbher before giving her a big hug

Joe: I promise I won't forget you.

Seraphine: Thanks Joe. It's just...when we were younger we had that dream of making music and now it just feels like you're leaving me in the dust.

Joe: Sera, don't think of it like that. Think of it as me scouting ahead and waiting for you when you make it to the big leagues.

Seraphine: If I make it to the big leagues.

Joe: No Sera. When you make it not if. I know you will.

Seraphine: Thanks Joe, it means a lot.

Joe: Come on. Wanna get out of here? I still need to buy some snacks and stuff for my room.

So Seraphine and I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. I mainly picked up a kettle, drinks, two six packs of water, hot sauce and a whole lot of instand noodles. Eventually we parted ways and I got back to my dorm and I just put all the noodle packs into the dresser.

Joe: Should be enough to last a couple of weeks.

I grabbed a can of pepsi, sat at my desk, booted up my laptop and continued writing the lyrics for fight back before calling it a night. She's alright this life.

Chapter 2 is done, I hope you enjoyed. Feedback is always appreciated and I'll see you all i the next one. Prime out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 609 21
You, yes you! You are a college graduate and who is in search for your dream of being a "Decent" entertainer "but your then somehow in a mess with 5...
47.4K 1K 18
WARNING: Contains 18+ content. Reader discretion is advised. Mana. It is a mysterious life force energy that binds the universe together. It flows th...
8.7K 255 44
Y/n, is a homeless war veteran. Before your service you ran away from home due to some...family issues...yea we can put it like that. The local V/A...
92K 2.2K 35
Tired of being pestered by his father Y/n Arisato had run away from Ionia and into piltover to start a new but as that happens he hides his last name...