Love Bites

By Nerdy__Turtle

Mixed platter of short romance stories that will hopefully bring a smile on your face! More

Introduction & Table of Contents
*Ineffable Bonds!*
Ineffable Bonds (1)
Ineffable Bonds (2)
Ineffable Bonds (3)
*Perfect Peace!*
Perfect Peace (1)
Perfect Peace (2)
Perfect Peace (3)
Perfect Peace (4)
Perfect Peace (5)
*Sweet Heaven!*
Sweet Heaven (1)
Sweet Heaven (2)
Sweet Heaven (3)
Sweet Heaven (4)
*Confession Letters!*
Confession Letters (1)
Confession Letters (2)
Confession Letters (3)
Confession Letters (4)
Confession Letters (5)
*When Life Happens!*
When Life Happens (1)
When Life Happens (2)
When Life Happens (3)
When Life Happens (4)
When Life Happens (5)
When Life Happens (6)
Review
*Unexpected Serendipity!*
Unexpected Serendipity (1)
Unexpected Serendipity (2)
Unexpected Serendipity (3)
Unexpected Serendipity (4)
Unexpected Serendipity (5)
Unexpected Serendipity (6)
*To Be With You!*
To Be With You (1)
To Be With You (2)
To Be With You (3)
To Be With You (4)
To Be With You (5)
To Be With You (6)
To Be With You (7)
To Be With You (8)
To Be With You (9)
To Be With You (10)
To Be With You (11)
To Be With You (12)
To Be With You (13)
To Be With You (14)
To Be With You (15)
To Be With You (Epilogue)

Ineffable Bonds (4)

891 107 88
By Nerdy__Turtle

Let go of me, you bastard! What do you think, you can escape from here? Indian Police isn't that incapable now, is it? - Avni shouted while trying her best to untie the ropes that she was tied with.  

 Who do you think will arrest me? That ACP Neil Khanna? He is just a servant of my father, do you get it? Now if you want to live, just stay quiet. - the guy told her while pointing a gun towards her temple. 

Instead of answering him in words, Avni chuckled looking at him with pure disgust. 

A- You don't know him yet, kid! -she said while rolling her eyes. 

Just as he was about to counter her, a loud thud was heard making Avni smirk while the guy was visibly frightened. 

In a moment, the shutter of the godown in which they were was lifted & Neil came into view the next moment. 

While pointing the gun towards the guy, Neil looked at Avni who was already looking at him. He blinked his eyes in assurance while she gave her a nod, followed by a small smile.

"Drop the gun, or she dies!" -the guy said while untying Avni's hands, all the while the gun was still against her temple. 

N- You sure have a lot of confidence for someone just a college student & that too, charged of a crime as heinous as rape. But only if you could have used it in the right way! 

"Stop giving lectures & drop your gun, or I'll shoot her" -he had already untied Avni & was now holding her by her shoulder, protecting himself by standing behind her. 

A- Neil, don't worry about me. You have to catch him even if it involves risking my life! -she encouraged, making Neil look at her, in the eye. 

In that very moment, their eyes conveyed all the feelings that they felt for each other. Avni's eyes were full of pride that she had in him, while Neil's eyes portrayed fear of losing her, of losing himself!  

"Drop the gun right now!" -he shouted again making Neil even more furious than he already was. 

But before he could do any harm to Avni, a troop of police officers rushed in, some through the main door & some through the windows. The guy & Avni were now completely surrounded by the police. 

N- If I can track your location through your phone, I can also get my team to arrest you & rescue the innocent. -he announced as two policemen held him from behind, thus making him loose his grip on Avni. 

As soon as he left her, she rushed to Neil who held her by her arms, checking her if there was some injury. 

N- Kahin chot toh nhi lagi hai na? You're okay, right? Show me, kahin lagi hai kya? Dard ho rha hai? -he murmured while scrutinizing her hands & arms.

Hearing no response from her, he looked up at her to find her smiling at him. 

N- Why are you smiling, Avni? Does this look funny ? 

A- I am okay. I knew that I'd be okay! -she said while he gave a pointed look at her carelessness.  

"Sir, we'll get him to the station & would make him confess his crime" - an officer came up to Neil while he nodded. 

N- Chalo, I'll drop you home! 

He held her hand & this time, she didn't protested. 

As Neil led her towards the exit, Avni pushed him aside & soon a gun shot was heard followed by the guy's voice. 

"Told you, she won't make alive out of here either!" 

It took a moment for Neil to grasp the situation. Although all of it happened in a moment, to Neil, it all seemed to be in slow motion. 

While the police took hold of his gun & dragged him towards the police jeep, all Neil could focus on was Avni lying on the ground with blood oozing out of her arm. 

In a moment, he went to her & picked her up in her arms, carrying her towards his car. 

A- Neil, first make sure that he is arrested. You can't lose him, go! -she said in a weak voice while still in his arms. 

N- Raana will make sure we get him, I need to get you treated by a doctor right now! -he told, not looking at her, but just rushing up to his car. 

Sighing, she sat in the car & then Neil drove towards the hospital. The ride was silent. Avni knew that it wasn't the right time to talk to Neil, as anything she would say would just make him feel guilty about the fact that he couldn't protect her, which was obviously not true! But, she very well knew how Neil functioned. On the other hand, Neil's entire focus was just on the road. Avni could feel him taking deep breathes which she knew was his method of calming himself down. 

Reaching the hospital, he got her in & a doctor immediately treated her. They were lucky that the bullet had only grazed her arm & there was no danger to her health. 

Once the doctor was done with treating her, Neil went to her. Sitting besides her on a stool, he caressed her face with both his hands, pinning some of her hairs behind her ears. 

N- I am sorry! I should have been more vigilant. 

A- You were, Neil! And, I am fine! See. -she gave him a bright smile while placing her hands above his which were still on her cheeks.

N- Avni...Don't cover up for my carelessness! -he sighed. 

A- Pfft! Neil, you know I never do that. See, its because of you that he's behind the bars now. Or else, the case would have been closed by now & he'd have been roaming out free! But none of it happened, right? You know why? Because, it was you who took care of this case. And, don't think that I don't know that you were awake the whole night yesterday, thinking about the case. So, please stop blaming yourself, okay? 

While taking in a deep breathe, he nodded at her. Taking his hands off her, he stood up slowly making her frown. 

N- I'll get your medicines.

Just when he turned around, she called out to him, making him turn to her again. 

A- Neil?

N- Hm?

Getting off the bed, she walked upto him while he waited for her to say what she wanted to. But no words were heard, instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck as she stood on her toes to hug him tightly. 

Neil had known Avni from high school but it was first time that she had hugged him & all he could think about was why didn't she earlier. But deciding to have the full of this moment, he hugged her back while his eyes closed almost involuntarily. 

Pressing his palms on her back, he pulled her more into himself while she tightened her grip on him. 

N- What are we, Avni? -he almost whispered while inhaling the scent of her hairs. 

A(chuckled)- I thought you'd never ask! 

N- Pch! I am serious right now! 

A(sighs)- What ka toh pta nhi, I can tell you How we are! - she said. After a pause of about a minute which was no less than an hour to Neil, she finally said. We're like some old married couple, Neil. Always bickering over something or the other, but the comfort & understanding is undeniable! 

N- So, don't you think we should make it official now? I don't want to lie everytime I want to drop you to the hospital, uss supermarket mein aadha saamaan toh milta hi nhi hai! -he almost pouted while pulling back from the hug, making her laugh. 

A- Soch lo, ACP. Not a single elaichi in Biryani aur tumhari shirts bhi dryclean tumhe khud hi krwani pdegi! -she joked. 

N- Done! I am still at the winning side, tum mere liye coffee jo bnaogi! -& it was their happily ever after. 

_______________________

A/N:

Hi guys! Happy Basant Panchami/ Saraswati Puja to you all! 

Also, I sincerely apologise to you all for this cliche shot & even cliche ending.

And, coming to the serious point, @naamkaran_zone very rightly said that since this is a fictional story things went on smoothly, but it doesn't work like that in real life. Cause, reality is ugly & well, real! So, I am sorry if at any point I couldn't do justice to any of the characters, or if you couldn't relate to anyone of them. 

I did want to write an ending scene with Meera, where may be AvNeil had gone to visit her or something, but since this a short-series book, I can't drag it furthermore. 

Hope to see you in next story! 

With regards, 

Nerdy_Turtle! 🐢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 29K 92
its a story on avneil and is all about how they meet how they fall in love with each other
54.3K 1.6K 14
Short romantic stories This story is originally published on wattpad by @itsyourblackrose and written by @avneil93. P/s- A very humble request to all...
481K 22.5K 39
A cute, little story of love.❤️ P.s.:This is my first time in writing. Please do give it a try.🙏🏻😊 P.p.s.: I do not own any images in the story.
55K 2.6K 8
☼︎𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑻𝑺 𝑪𝑶𝑳𝑳𝑬𝑪𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵☼︎ 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑠 | 𝑃𝑦𝑎𝑎𝑟 𝑏ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒 Some one shots that randomly pop into my mind filled...