𝖶𝖾𝖺𝗄𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌

yourstrulyraeee által

noun: weakness. /ˈwēknəs/ -a person or thing that one is unable to resist or likes excessively. Több

Disclaimer/Cast
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Bonus chapter

5

69K 3.1K 4.4K
yourstrulyraeee által

😗sorry for any mistakes

Dallas, Tx
September 19th
Sunday

"HE DID WHAT?!? I'ma call you back mommy" Lai huffed and hung up on her mother, Zoe, before facetiming Elijah.

He picked up on the second ring "Wassup love, you good?" He said in a sleepy voice as he squinted his eyes in the camera as he just woke up.

She felt something in her stomach but just brushed it off "Kyrie, why would you give my mom and dad first row tickets when I told you they don't need them" She fussed "They're season pass holders they don't need no front row tickets! You so damn hard head my lord"

Today was the Cowboy's first game of the season. She worked something out with her schedule and was able to attend the game but she had to leave at 9 to catch a flight.

Elijah met her parents by accident when he popped up at her house when they were moving into her and Sha's new house last month. She didn't think he would come since he had practice and would be tired afterward but he still came.

Of course, her parents already loved him but they liked him even more because he was her friend and very respectful.

She told him countless times not to try and upgrade her parents' tickets because they didn't need them. She didn't want him to feel like she was using him for things especially after he told her how his ex's used him. She didn't want him to feel like she was the same.

He chuckled, rubbing his eyes, "And I told you, I ain't care."

"What's wrong wit' them havin' first row, Vip tickets? Yo'un want them to support me or somethin' " He raised his brow, sitting up in bed.

"I just didn't want you to go out your way when their tickets were perfectly fine Elijah"

"Now they're even better and I'll be able to see y'all" He grinned, she shook her head at him, he was truly something else.

"You got the jersey I left at yo' house?" He smirked, she rolled her eyes "Yes Elijah" She chuckled.

He got her a personalized jersey made with his name on it with glitter on his number 10 on the back, which was ironic since her birthday was February 10th and his was December 10th.

In the last 2 or 3 months, the two have become really close to the point they were irresponsible. They were always together besides when he was at camp and practice or she was at work.

"Why are you still in bed? It's game day" She said, popping her phone up on her vanity. It was 9 AM and she thought he would be up extra early since it was the first game of the season.

He spits the toothpaste out before speaking "I was tryna stay up with yo' no sleepin' ass and didn't go to bed until 2 o'clock" He shook his head.

She chuckled "I told you, you didn't have to. Not going to sleep is normal for me. We're not the same friend"

She didn't know why he tried to stay up with her when she was for one doing her little sister's hair and she always stays up still.

"Did you even go to sleep?" He asked as she watched him wash his face. She grabbed her remote to turn her music on and ignored his question.

He was asking like he didn't already know the answer.

He sucked his teeth "Love you needa go to sleep, that ain't healthy" He frowned.

She nodded "I hear you, Elijah," she said, putting makeup over her baggy eyes so she didn't have to get a lecture from her mom and dad and her brother later.

She heard him grumbling things underneath his breath but chose to ignore it. She knew it was unhealthy for her to not sleep but it kept her safe and she just couldn't most of the time.

"I'ma let you go so you can get ready for your game," She said, not feeling like talking anymore. "Aight," He sighed.

"Good luck King"

"Preciate it," He smirked. She playfully rolled her eyes and hung up.

🎶I'm flying out for the weekend
I'll be calling you when I land
'Cause we ain't got no time to waste🎶

"And I don't give a damn 'bout your boyfriendddd" She sung lowly while doing her edges. She had already taken her shower, she just had to get ready so she can go to the stadium.

Her parents and brother were big fans of football and always grilled and drunk in the parking lot of the stadium with other football fans.

She never went because she didn't want to go in the game afterward but she used to have to go when she was younger because her parents forced her.

"Come in!" She shouted when she heard knocking at her door.

"Ima hit Sha sha if she doesn't leave me aloneeee" Mariah groaned walking in and plopping down on her bed.

Sha came in, eyeing Mariah "You know she got a boyfriend?!" She said, smiling. Lai's eyes widened and looked at her sister "Who?!"

Mariah groaned "Oh my God" She covered her face.

"Girl they was just in the living room talkin' bout 'I love you, baby, I love you too' like whatttt," Sha said making Lai jaw drop.

"Lemme see him," Lai said. She couldn't believe her baby sister was growing up so fast. She was just 5 following her around now she was 16, dating, and graduating high school early.

Mariah sighed but smiled slightly, showing her a picture of her boyfriend Spencer. "His name is Spencer, he's on the basketball team." She blushed, showing the picture they took after his basketball game.

"Ew, y'all ugly" Lai jokes, giving her the phone back. Mariah playfully rolled her eyes, smiling.

"How long have y'all been dating?" Sha asked. "Only 8 months" She smiled.

"He ain't no bum, right? He got shit going for himself?" Lai raised her brow, asking. She had to make sure her sister didn't make the same mistakes she made in her past.

"Nooo, he graduates next year and has a scholarship for Auburn University to play basketball and he's top of his class and so sweet and I love him" Mariah pouted.

Lai and Sha busted out laughing "You ain't have to add the loving him part." Lai chuckled "But as long as you're genuinely happy then I'm happy for you pooh" She smiled.

Sha started sniffling "You're growing up so fast" She shook her head.

"Girllllaaaaa" She chuckled "Lai lai the one over here dating a professional football player" She smirked.

Lai looked at her weirdly "We are not dating, we're just friends. I don't even see him like that" She shook her head.

"Friends my ass! You can tell he likes you and y'all stay flirting, " Sha said and Lai busted out laughing.

"That's the homie, please stop." She laughed.

"So you sayin', that man is that fine and you only see him as a friend?" Riah raised her brow.

"Yes. We're good friends and nothing more." She shrugged. She was confused about where they were coming up with her and Elijah being more than friends. She saw him as a friend and friend only.

"Cap!" Sha said, Lai, shook her head at her. She knew what it was with Elijah and what it wasn't and it wasn't anything more than friends.

"When you look at this man, you just be like,' Yeah, I'ma just be his friend?" Riah asked, showing a picture from Elijah's Instagram story.

Lai started laughing "Girl yes! You can have handsome male friends, you do know that right?" She asked.

Sha sucked her teeth "So yall just friends?"

Lai rolled her eyes "Yes" She stressed. Sha nodded "And you don't like him? not even a little bit?" She eyed her.

"No!" She shook her head. "So if he started messing with someone right now, you ain't gonna feel away?" Sha raised her brow.

"No. What he does and who he messes wit, is his business and I don't care" Lai nonchalantly shrugged.

Sha and Riah looked at each other and shook their heads. They weren't going to press her if she really didn't but they felt like she did when in all honesty, she didn't.

"Anyways, lemme tell you how I just got the best dick of my life yesterday. I'll be outside Calvin's window every night bitch!" Sha exclaimed before falling out on the bed.

_________________

"Bubs! move!" Lai whined when Khalil tried to steal one of her shrimps. "Lai, you got like 20 more, I jus want one!" He fussed, still trying to get one.

"When she starts cryin because you won't stop, don't be butt hurt" Ava, Khalil's wife warned him. He sucked his teeth and bucked at Lai "You so damn greedy" He mugged her.

She scrunched her face up "Me?!?" She pointed to herself "YOU the one trying to eat off MY plate when you could just go get yo' own" She rolled her eyes.

They were currently at the tailgate, as everyone was eating and conversing among themselves until it was time for them to go inside the game.

"He gets on my nerves" Lai grumbled, shaking her head as she peeled her shrimp. "Me too girl" Ava agreed while rubbing her 5-month belly.

Lai smiled slightly, she was so excited. Ava was pregnant with twin boys, it would be her first time being an auntie and to say she was over the roof was an understatement.

"Girl you about to make me order more baby clothes" Lai pouted, Ava started laughing "Between you and yo' mama, I'on know who going to spoil them the most"

"My mama, you know she can't go anywhere without coming out of the store with AT LEAST one baby thing" She laughed thinking about her mother.

"Phat! C'mere!" She heard her dad, Russel or Rus, yell. She turned in her chair to see where he was before going over to the grill.

"Yes?" She asked, watching him flip the 14 oz steaks on the grill. He handed her the bag of crab legs, her eyes lit up.

"Hold uppppppp! wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute yeaaaahhhh! yeaaaahhhhhh! Yeeaahh! Yeeeahh!" She sung and started dancing.

He laughed at her "Take it before yo' brother greedy ass wants some" He said, she nodded "Thank youuu" She kissed his cheek before walking over to her mom.

"Mommy, you want some?" She asked, Zoe, smiled and shook her head no "He just gave me some, I'm waiting for my sauce to finish" She said.

Lai nodded and went back to her seat "You want some?" She asked Ava when she sat down. She was actually nice and willing to share her food sometimes, she just couldn't stay when people just came to try to take it instead of her offering or them asking for it.

"No, I'm good. I have only been eating shrimp lately but I miss my crab legs" Ava pouted.

Lai chuckled while opening her bag. She smiled and danced a lil at the potatoes and sausage inside.

"Soooo," Ava said, Lai raised her brow at her smirking "All the times we tried to get you to come to a game, all it took was for Eli to ask you once and you came" Ava smirked.

She laughed "First of all, my work schedule is very busy. Second, I never had a reason to come but now I have to support my homie" She shrugged.

Everyone has been acting so surprised that she came but she would come if she had a valid reason too and she is busy with work.

"Mhm, interesting" Ava smirked. Lai shook her head already knowing what she was going to say. She didn't know why people acted like she couldn't have a close male friend and not like them.

The last thing she was worried about was a man. She was focused on herself and changing for the better.

_________________

"DATS WHAT I'M TALM BOUT BOY!" Lai yelled and clapped when Elijah made another touchdown. The game was in the 4th quarter, 51-26. The Cowboys were blowing Philadelphia out of the water right now with 10 minutes left on the clock.

It was 8:00 PM and Lai was trying to stay to the very end so she could get to work on time. Luckily she and Sha packed their bags already and had their uniform in Lai's car.

The airfield was maybe 20 or 25 minutes away from the AT&T stadium so they should be fine after getting out of the traffic that would be outside at the end.

"She the loudest one in dis bitch, I swear" Cal laughed, She turned around smiling and saw he was recording her "Holon, show em the Jersey sis," He said. She stood up for her seat and moved her hair to the side to show 'Eli's bestie' on the back.

"Yuh! big mfn bestie!" Cal said while recording, she busted out laughing before sitting back down.

"Yo' the after-party is at my house later," Kobe told her and Sha. "We can't come," Sha said. Kobe and Cal frowned "Why not?"

"We have to go straight to work after this. We probably should leave now so we can beat the traffic" Sha said. Lai sighed and nodded.

"Damn, Eli know?" Cal asked them.

Sha looked at Lai, she shrugged, not really sure. "I'ma text him," She told them. She didn't really think he would care if she wasn't at the after-party. She thought he only cared if she was at the game.

She just hoped he wasn't mad at her for not being there now. She texted him before standing up and saying hugging Kobe and Cal bye and saying bye to her family before she and Sha walked to the top of the stairs.

"My bad ma" She heard when someone bumped into her, almost knocking her to the floor but he caught her. She nodded and removed his hands from her waist as he stared into her eyes. She quickly walked away when he was about to say something else.

"I'on like dat" Sha mumbled.

_________________

"There goes the 6 touchdown player! " Kobe hype when Elijah walked inside the house with a few of his teammates.

Eli smiled dapping him and Cal up "Congratulations my boy! Dem niggas was tryna they hardest ta' keep up wit' you" Cal laughed.

"Preciate it" He chuckled, he said hello to a few more people and some congratulated him on the big win.

This game meant a lot to him being that it was his second season. He has a lot riding on his career. He has some people wanting to see him fail and some do not believe in him. He didn't care as much about people's opinions on his game anymore.

He wasn't the perfect player and they weren't on the field with him.

He looked around, feeling off about something. "Hm," Cal hummed, handing him a drink. He took it but was still frowning "Where Lai? and Sha?" He asked.

"She said that she was gon text you. They had to leave right after the game to head to work" Cal told him before walking away to get some food.

He hasn't even checked his phone since earlier in the day. After the game, he had interviews and pictures and talk to his manager that he didn't have time to.

He pulled his phone out she the many messages from family and other people. He scrolled passed them to find Lai messages making him smile.

Milani💫

Congratulations bestieee!!!! I'm so proud of you, You did so good! Had me yelling and screaming, now my voice gone💀.

I'm sorry I couldn't celebrate with you tonight, don't be mad at me☹️ I promise when I get back, we'll celebrate. Don't have too much fun without me tho, that wouldn't be very 🅿️ of you🧍🏾‍♀️.
I'll call you when I land if you up of course.

He busted out laughing at her last message before texting her back thanking and assuring her he wasn't mad at her. He was happy she came, he really wanted her to just get the experience of a football game.

He replied to more texts and his mom before going to Instagram. He clicked on his mentions, after seeing Cal mention him in something.

He smirked at the video of Lai showing off his jersey on Cal's story. He watched it maybe 6 times because she was smiling, something she still didn't do very much especially when taking pictures or someone recorded her. He reposted it before scrolling down his timelines.

"Excuse me, are you Eli?" He heard, he looked up seeing a light skin girl, smiling in his face.

He licked his lips "Yea" He said as his eyes shamelessly looked over her body. He could tell she had work done but he wasn't going to say anything, it was her business.

"Hi, I'm Kinsley but people Kin. I'm a big fan, it's nice to meet you," Kinsley smiled, holding her hand out. "Same," He said, shaking her hand and smiling.

_________________

"Oh hell nah, who is that?" Cal scrunched up his face while looking at Elijah and Kinsley giggling in the corner. He was whispering in her ear and she thought it was so funny.

They have gotten to know each other the past hour in the corner. Cal was digested though.

Kobe looked over to what he was talking about and started laughing "Nigga what? He finally movin' on" Kobe shrugged, Cal mugged him.

"Nigga that ain't Lai" He shook his head, Kobe started laughing "They ain't together, he don't own her no loyalty in the aspect"

Cal sucked his teeth "Yet! they not together yet! They supposed to be and what the fuck is that?" He pointed at Kin. "She looks like all she does nothin' but go to the surgeon and she needa fire that nigga cause she looks weird." He shook his head, disgusted.

"At least my sis is all-natural" He scoffed and Kobe was cracking up at his rant.

"They not together tho, he just tryna move on" Kobe shrugged.

Cal perused his lips "You know and I damn sholl know, he don't know how ta' pick 'em. Shorty look like she a gold digger"

Kobe look at the girl, he could agree she did look like she was a gold digger but he wasn't going to try to judge a book by its cover.

"I just want him to be happy" Kobe shrugged.

"He ain't gon be happy wit' that over thea'. I promise you. Besides he been happy the past few months, have you heard of Brianna?" Cal asked, Kobe thought about it before shaking his head no.

"And that's because...."

Kobe's eyes widened, understanding what he was saying "Damn, it has been Lai." He chuckled.

"Right and I'on know how he doesn't see that" Cal shook his head watching Kin rub on Eli's leg.

"I'm team Lai and this is disgustin' "

Kobe nodded agreeing "Go throw a drink at ha' " He instigated, "Bet," Cal said, grabbing Kobe's drink, about to go do it until Kobe stopped him.

___________________________________

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

New character, Kinsley?

Will they be together or will they only be besties forever 👀?

What team are you? Team Lai or Team he find someone new👀?

Cal or Sha ain't here from them talking to other people. Let's see how this goes.

BYEEEE UNTIL MY NEXT UPDATEEE🦋

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

381 1 10
Meeting a complete stranger who unintentionally takes you on an emotional roller coaster.
2K 150 16
in·fat·u·a·tion /in-fat-chu-ation/ •noun• an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. "we do not exist in any other in...
2.4M 111K 49
𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟.