PROMPTS

By musingsbymaia

A collection of short stories or one-shots on RiRi/Dooly/BinJin. FICTION. Photos are not mine. More

Guardians
Guardians - 2
Guardians - 3
Guardians - End
Elf
Stranger in my Bed - 1
Stranger in my Bed - 2
Stranger in my Bed - 3
Stranger in my Bed - 4
Stranger in my Bed - 5
Stranger in my Bed - 6
Stranger in my Bed - 7
Stranger in my Bed - 8
Stranger in my Bed - 9
Stranger in my Bed - 10
Stranger in my Bed - End
...
Coffee Lover - 1
Coffee Lover - 2
Coffee Lover - 3
Coffee Lover - 4
Coffee Lover - 5
Coffee Lover - 6
Coffee Lover - 7
Coffee Lover - 8
Coffee Lover - 9
Coffee Lover - End
Bad Omens - 1
Bad Omens - 2
Bad Omens - 3
Bad Omens - 4
Bad Omens - 5
Bad Omens - 6
Bad Omens - 7
Bad Omens - 8
Bad Omens - 9
Bad Omens - 10
Bad Omens - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - 1
Of Mergers and Marriages - 2
Of Mergers and Marriages - 3
Of Mergers and Marriages - 4
Of Mergers and Marriages - 5
Of Mergers and Marriages - 6
Of Mergers and Marriages - 7
Of Mergers and Marriages - 8
Of Mergers and Marriages - 9
Of Mergers and Marriages - 10
Of Mergers and Marriages - 11
Of Mergers and Marriages - 12
Of Mergers and Marriages - 13
Of Mergers and Marriages - 14
Of Mergers and Marriages - 15
Of Mergers and Marriages - 16
Of Mergers and Marriages - 17
Of Mergers and Marriages - 18
Of Mergers and Marriages - 19
Of Mergers and Marriages - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - Epilogue
Dae-sik x Cha Mi-jo
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (2)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (3)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (4)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (5)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (End)
Eternal (One-shot)
Economics and Mr. Ri (1)
Economics and Mr. Ri (2)
Economics and Mr. Ri (3)
Economics and Mr. Ri (4)
Economics and Mr. Ri (5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (6)
Economics and Mr. Ri (7)
Economics and Mr. Ri (8)
Economics and Mr. Ri (9)
Economics and Mr. Ri (10)
Economics and Mr. Ri (11)
Economics and Mr. Ri (12)
Economics and Mr. Ri (13)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14.5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (The End)
The Pianist
In Pursuit of Happiness
In Pursuit of Happiness - 2
In Pursuit of Happiness - 3
In Pursuit of Happiness - 4
In Pursuit of Happiness - 5
In Pursuit of Happiness - 6
In Pursuit of Happiness - 7
In Pursuit of Happiness - 8
In Pursuit of Happiness - 9
In Pursuit of Happiness - 10
In Pursuit of Happiness - 11
In Pursuit of Happiness - 12
In Pursuit of Happiness - 13
In Pursuit of Happiness - 14
In Pursuit of Happiness - 15
In Pursuit of Happiness - 16
In Pursuit of Happiness - 17
In Pursuit of Happiness - 18
In Pursuit of Happiness - 19
In Pursuit of Happiness - 20
In Pursuit of Happiness - 21
In Pursuit of Happiness - 22
In Pursuit of Happiness - 23
THE End - Happiness
Special Chapter - The Honeymoon
Epilogue - Through Hoon's Eyes
Hands
Appa
In good times and in bad
Mission: Impossible
Runaway
I would runaway with you
I Was Born to Love You

Economics and Mr. Ri (14)

1.2K 166 47
By musingsbymaia

A/N: Happy Chinese New Year! Another update for you guys which I hope you will like. We're almost done with this story (next post will be the last chapter). Thanks everyone who patiently waited for updates. =) Have a fantastic day everyone!

---

Yoon Jisoo arrived a few minutes before her Economics class started. Taking a seat beside her best friend, she greeted Lisa and whispered, "I have news!"

"What? What?" 

Jisoo leaned in so that no one else would hear them. "I have a boyfriend now."

"What? Who? How could you keep this from me? You've been dating this whole time? WHOOOO?" Lisa complained.

Jisoo chuckled. "Well, we started off as fake dating..."

"OH. MY. NOOOOO. That cute aide of Professor Ri?!" Lisa asked, the clues dawning in on her. She knew of the fake dating scheme to get Jisoo's sister and Mr. Ri back together. Additionally, a number of times when she couldn't get a hold of Jisoo on the phone, her best friend instincts told her there was more going on with Song Hae In but she didn't want to intrude so she just let Jisoo take her time in telling her. After all, Yoon Jisoo seemed very happy with the company and that was all that mattered to Lisa.

Jisoo nodded. "But we're keeping it quiet until the semester ends in a couple of weeks."

"Why?"

"Because we're not certain if he'll get in trouble for being with a student while he's an aide?" Jisoo shared, worried. "I mean, he doesn't have influence on the exams since the Economics exams are standardised by all Professors in the department... but we're just being sure. I don't want to get him in trouble."

"Awwww look at you!" Lisa teased. "Caring for someone who we can't recruit in our entertainment agency."

Jisoo swatted her lightly. "Haven't you seen his face? We can represent him as an actor."

The two shared a laugh. Looking at Jisoo, Lisa asked, "Are you happy?"

Jisoo nodded. "Yes."

"Good. Just one thing..." Lisa started. When Jisoo met her gaze, Lisa asked, "Will your parents approve? Didn't you tell me your parents caused the breakup of your sister. Song Hae In... he's a great guy but... he's even poorer than Mr. Ri's family was."

A frown creased Jisoo's forehead. "That's what's been keeping me up," she admitted. "The good thing is we're really just starting off so any decisions of running away with him will take a really long time because I still have a career I want to build and Hae In understands that."

"Good," Lisa nodded.

"As for my parents... I know that they've changed," Jisoo couldn't help but say loyally. "My Mother, especially, is aware of how cruel she was to Seri and I know that she's been trying to make amends. Mother is not perfect but I know that this time, at least, she will listen."

"Alright," Lisa said. "I hope your story won't be as complicated as your sister's."

"I hope so," Jisoo said, smiling again. "If not, I'll live with my sister for the time being."

They laughed again before turning to the front of the room as class was about to begin. To Jisoo's surprise, Hae In came in to replace Professor Ri for this session. "Isn't he supposed to be in today?" Jisoo asked Song Hae In as soon as class ended.

"Yes, but he called and said something urgent came up and he'd have to take a couple more days off," Hae In shared.

As Lisa, Jisoo and Hae In contemplated the disappearance of Mr. Ri, Han Eun-jin was over at Seri's Choice's headquarters bugging Mr. Hong. "Where is she? I need to speak to her."

Hong Chang-sik pleaded with Ms. Yoon's mother for understanding. "I'm sorry, Madam, but Ms. Yoon has not returned from her conference in Busan. She'll be back later tonight."

"Why did she not inform her family that she would be out? We had dinner plans for later. If she could not make it, we could have rescheduled," Han Eun-jin said. "Are you sure you're not covering for her, Mr. Hong?"

Her leading question had basis. 

A few nights ago, a close family friend mentioned that she had seen the Yoon's daughter at an exclusive club in Jeju. "I did not approach as she seemed to be on a date with a tall, dashing man! I did not want to interrupt their moment."

Seri was seeing someone? Han Eun-jin thought, though outwardly, her face did not register any surprise.  After all, the only date they ever met after Mr. Ri Jeong Hyeok were those marriages they tried to set up for her, none of which made it past the first meeting.

As a mother, she always wanted the best for Seri even though she went about it incorrectly, which she belatedly realized. It pained her that after all these years, her daughter still would not share this part of her life with Han Eun-jin, but she couldn't really blame Seri. It was Han Eun-jin who gave her a tough choice, one that extinguished the fire in her daughter Seri's eyes. 

That fire that was brought by Seri's love for her Mr. Ri.

So, Han Eun-jin went to Seri's Choice's headquarters to see Seri. But now she was being told Seri had a conference in Busan? 

Her mother's instinct told her something was going on. 

I'm sorry, Seri. Forgive me for this, she thought. Then, she dialled her private investigator's contact number.

"Yes, Madam? Do you need me to follow someone?" the investigator asked.

Hesitating, she suddenly said, "I... no. I think I will handle this on my own. Thank you." She had slighted Seri so many time before, now she will get answers... as a loving mother concerned for a daughter she cherished.

"Hello, Dean Kim?" Han Eun-jin said to the next caller she dialled. "May I visit the University? I wish to speak to Professor Ri Jeong Hyeok."

*

"Ms. Jisoo! Ms. Jisoo!"

Yoon Jisoo was surprised at the shout from the other end of the phone. "Mr. Hong? What's wrong?"

"Ms. Jisoo, your mother is on her way to the University to see one of your professors and she doesn't sound happy," Hong Chang-sik said. "Are you in trouble, Ms. Jisoo? Should I call Ms. Seri?"

"I'm not in trouble --" she started to say, but then turned to stare at a worried Song Hae In's face. Could her mother have found out about Song Hae In and her? "Mr. Hong, I have to go."

Quickly ending the call, Jisoo turned to her boyfriend and asked, "Did Professor Ri already report for work today?"

"Yes, I saw him this morning and informed him about us so that we could avoid any potential conflict of interest," he disclosed. "Is something wrong?"

"Let's go. I think my mother is going to confront him," Jisoo said, pulling him with her.

"What? Why? You haven't told your mother about us," Hae In pointed out.

"I know... but she's a mom. She knows stuff," Jisoo said. "Let's go!"

When they arrived at the faculty office, Hae In stopped her from turning the knob. "Jisoo-ah, if your mother makes you choose, don't choose me."

Jisoo made a face. "Don't be overly dramatic. She won't make me choose. She knows that drama will work on Seri but not with me," she said, rolling her eyes.

Song Hae In chuckled in spite of his concern. "I'm overly dramatic? Who ran without reason to prevent a confrontation she knows no reason for?"

Jisoo wrinkled her nose. "So we both jump to conclusions. That's why we're a good match, don't you think?"

Hae In blushed at her antics. "I couldn't agree more."

"Now, let's go. I don't want my mother messing this up for Seri," Jisoo said. Heading in, she saw Han Eun-jin already in Professor Ri's office. "Mother!"

"Yoon Jisoo," Ri Jeong Hyeok acknowledged, motioning for her to come in.

"Darling, why are you here? This does not concern you," Han Eun-jin stated gently. 

"Oh? Does it concern Seri?" Jisoo prodded. 

"Yes, actually I was just about to ask the Professor about your sister," Han Eun-jin said.

"Mother!" Jisoo wailed. "Please don't intervene anymore. I know you dislike Professor Ri, even if he's such a good teacher, but we shouldn't mess with his life. Besides, Seri is seeing someone else!"

"How did you know this?!" Han Eun-jin exclaimed, at the same time Professor Ri's eyes bugged out and said, "Excuse me?"

"I... well... it's..." Jisoo stammered, uncertain how to share what she knew. Thankfully, Professor Ri interrupted.

"Since we're going to be discussing Yoon Seri, I think it's only fair that she be present as well," Ri Jeong Hyeok said. "And I have a class to attend to. May we all meet up for dinner?"

*

Yoon Seri was the first to arrive at the venue.

Pacing around, she kept pulling at the tissue in her hands and quickly turned it into shreds. Then, she busied herself with picking the pieces up, while she waited for the rest of her party to arrive.

She wasn't worried about her decision remained certain about the direction she was taking. However, she was concerned that this meeting will not end up hurting someone she cared for... like the last time.

Han Eun-jin arrived with her husband, Yoon Jeung-pyeong, quickly followed by Yoon Jisoo and Song Hae In. 

At Seri's surprised face, Jisoo grinned, "I know that tonight is about you but I kinda wanted to steal your thunder a bit. Please let me introduce my boyfriend, Song Hae In."

"Boyfriend?" Seri and her parents said in unison.

"Yes," Jisoo said, proudly. To her parents, she said, "I know that you need to say your piece and I promise to listen. But, if your protest is around Hae In's financial situation then I'm not going to hear it. Otherwise, we'll talk."

As everyone talked over one another while they found their seats, Seri hushed them so they could focus on the topic they wanted to discuss for the night. "Let's park Jisoo's issue first. Now, will anyone tell me what happened this morning and why you guys raided Ri Jeong Hyeok's office?"

"We didn't raid," Jisoo explained. "I went there because Mr. Hong told me Mother was on her way and wondered if I had something to do with it. So, I hurried there to make sure she won't make a fuss about me seeing Hae In."

"Why would I make a fuss when I did not even know Mr. Song is now your boyfriend?" Han Eun-jin shot back.

"I thought your mom powers worked," Jisoo joked. "If not about me, then why did you go to see Professor Ri?"

Han Eun-jin took a deep breath, looked at her audience, then admitted, "I went to Seri's choice hoping to talk to Seri. One of our friends saw her in Jeju with someone."

"You were in Jeju?!" Jisoo asked, turning to her sister. "I thought you were in Busan."

Seri flinched. "I didn't want you guys to track me down so I... uhm... lied. I was in Jeju for a few days."

"So, it's true," Han Eun-jin said, sadly. "I was hoping to talk to Professor Ri so he could patch things up with you before you became serious with someone."

"WHAT?" Seri and Jisoo exclaimed in unison.

Han Eun-jin shrugged. "It's the least I could do. Have the two of you talk things over then decide on your fates without our intervention."

Seri smirked, "Decided on our fates without your intervention... by intervening?"

Jisoo snorted.

Seri narrowed her eyes at her sister. "Don't think I didn't know you were messing with me as well."

Jisoo gasped. Clutching Hae In's arm, she asked sheepishly, "You knew?"

Seri crossed her arms. "You weren't really subtle asking Mr. Hong," Seri informed Jisoo that Hong Chang-sik confessed to telling Jisoo the times that were blocked off as Seri's private time that led to the conclusion that she was seeing someone. "And you and Hae In really shouldn't be planning my love life in the canteen... near the faculty area... where Jeong Hyeok has his lunch everyday."

As Jisoo and Hae In gasped, a deep male chuckle came from the entrance of the private room. "You didn't wait for me for the reveal?"

Everyone turned, but only one person's eyes twinkled and gave a beaming smile at the newcomer. "Hi," Seri greeted shyly. When he reached her side and took the seat next to her, she said, "They already know our ruse. A family friend saw us in Jeju."

"Correction," Han Eun-jin interjected. "We knew you were seeing someone. We didn't know who that someone was."

Ri Jeong Hyeok nodded. "Yes. Seri, I think you need to explain to me who you've been dating."

Seri's eyes widened. "You know I'm not seeing anyone else!"

Jeong Hyeok smiled. "I know." To her family, he declared, "Seri and I were together in Jeju. I apologize if we didn't tell anyone first because we wanted to be build our trust in each other again and we truly wanted to make our relationship work so we protected it the only way we knew how."

"You were due back earlier," Hae In suddenly spoke up. "The extension was because of Ms. Yoon?"

Seri and Jeong Hyeok looked at each other. This time, it was Seri's turn to speak, "Well, no. Our trip there was actually cut short because... of certain developments." 

Jeong Hyeok added, "We needed to settle in." What he said confused everyone but no one dared break the couple's moment.

Pausing to take a deep breath, she looked her parents squarely in the eye before speaking again, "I'm sure it's no secret that years ago, Jeong Hyeok and I planned to run away but... I stayed behind because I couldn't leave Jisoo."

Jisoo took her sister's hand and clasped it. "Thank you and I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't be sorry. Nothing was your fault," Seri assured. "But this time... this time I'm free to choose the love of my life."

Releasing Jisoo, Seri took hold of Jeong Hyeok's left hand and raised it to show their matching rings. "We eloped. We actually returned early to Seoul and got married. Family, please meet my husband, Professor Ri Jeong Hyeok."

Seri's parents' jaws dropped, Song Hae In gasped and Jisoo jumped up squealing. "OH. MY. GOODNESS! That's so sweet! I couldn't believe you guys eloped when you look like the most boring couple on Earth!"

"Yah!" Seri frowned at her sister before she was pulled into a tight hug.

"Did you sign a prenup?" Yoon Jeung-pyeong asked. "If you didn't --"

"If you didn't," Jisoo interrupted. "Father will give me a larger share and I will allocate that for the two of us."

Seri hugged her sister again. "Thank you, Jisoo-ah. But don't you worry. A few more years and I'll be as rich as father is. I really don't need the inheritance." To her parents, Seri said, "No, I didn't sign one although Jeong Hyeok offered as much. We don't need it."

Ri Jeong Hyeok spoke. "I give you my word that if we end up separating, I will not accept one cent from her hard earned money. But, with all due respect, please don't hold your breath in us ever leaving each other. We survived a decade without seeing each other, we're going to work on this so that it only gets better from here."

Jisoo squealed again. "Why is Professor Ri so dreamy?! Weeeeeee! My sister has a romantic partner for her! Weeeeeeee! She won't fall asleep with economic concepts!!!"

Seri swatted her sister. "Stop your non-sense. I'm not bored with the subject."

"Yes you are. You said you only paid attention because Mr. Ri taught you and you liked staring at his face," Jisoo shot back.

"YAH!" Seri put a hand over Jisoo's mouth making Jeong Hyeok laugh. Seri turned to see her parents still stunned, "Abeoji? Eomeoni? Are you okay?"

Han Eun-jin dipped her head. "Yes. I just wish you told us, but I understand why you did not." Sighing, she said, "All I'm going to ask is..."

Everyone waited with bated breath.

"Your brother's only have sons and I love those grandchildren very much. But I would be extremely pleased if you give me a granddaughter," Han Eun-jin said.

Seri and Jisoo's jaws dropped.

"Weeeeee!" Jisoo squealed again. Running to hug her mother, she kissed the elder lady on the cheek. "I'm so happy! I won't have to cast you as a bad character in Seri's life story!"

"Oh you!" Han Eun-jin pinched her youngest. "You still have a lot of explaining to do."

As the rest of the party chatted about possible grandchildren and Hae In dating Jisoo, Seri hugged her now husband and looked up at him. "Everything worked out," she said, amazed. "To be honest, I don't know what's next. Would you have an ideas from your Economic journals, Professor Ri?"

Ri Jeong Hyeok shook his head, "Not from those journals. But, I believe the children's books say this is the part where the peasant Professor and the beautiful chaebol live happily ever after."

"You think so?"

Jeong Hyeok nodded, "I'm sure of it."

"Good," Seri said. Lowering her voice to a whisper, she returned to a topic brought up earlier.  "Now about having a daughter..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 31.7K 19
Ronald Gidwani, a billionaire, who is also a single father, finds love again when he meets Raina, The Queen Of His Heart.
9.4K 74 7
A girl got marry to a Mafia. they both were happy by this weeding but he was acting sooo cold towards me....I don't know why....we did have sex and s...
252K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
671K 41.1K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...