Wish Upon A Fading Star

Por zoeyy_2919

What a lucky Malia to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult. Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Announcement
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
CHITCHAT
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
APPRECIATION
New Book!

Chapter17

669 55 8
Por zoeyy_2919

Irene POV:

"But Malia has something to say, go na anak" ate gives Lia a concerned look and appears to be crying. Everyone's gaze is already fixed on her.

"Oh anak what is it?" dagdag ko kay Malia.

She appeared to remain silent for a few seconds, perhaps hesitant to tell us.

"Do not be afraid, honey. We are not going to become enraged. You are the one who would allegedly become enraged that we did not make it to your birthday" Greggy note.

"Siguro may ipapakilala na to sa inyu tita" sabi naman ni Sandro.

"No, it's not like that po. So uhm" she stated, and we were all anticipating on her announcement.

"So?" I said.

"U-uhm, I don't want to proceed senior high this year po"

"Ha!"

"What!"

With such a powerful reaction, other customers within the restaurant already heard us.

"We're so sorry for the noise" Bonget said.

It's fortunate that everyone here is pleasant at walang nairita.

"Apo, ikaw ba'y sigurado jan?" mama Meldy suddenly asked Malia.

"O-opo, just want to take a break"

"Are you sure anak? I mean, hindi kami tutol but is there something wrong or may problema ba?" I said and simultaneously held her arm.

"No mommy!I'm just desperate for a break. However, if you object I will proceed"

"No! It's not like that, I hope you considered it carefully, honey. We are still your family and will support whatever decision you choose. Diba ate?" I looked at ate at parang nandidilim ang paningin nito.

"Ate?" I called her once again.

"Y-yes, of course Irene"

Then she looked Malia as if she were endangering her life. However, Malia is not making eye contact with any of us.

We just continue to eat at nag usap-usap lang ang iba sa amin.

"O anak you okay lang? Ang tahimik mo ah?" I asked Lia pagkatapos naming kumain.

"Y-yes mommy I'm okay lang po"

Tinanguan ko lang ito at nagpatuloy na lang pag-uusap namin ni Greggy kanina, then ate approached and sit beside Malia. As it appears as though the two of them have something to say, I simply let them to converse.

Half an hour passed by at napagdesisyunan na naming umuwi. Greggy did already pay the bill at habang nasa parking lot na kami ay nagsimula nang magpaalam ang lahat sa isa't-isa.

"Bye mom, bye dad. Bye bunso, belated happy birthday again" Alfonso and Luis said sabay yakap sa aming tatlo nila Malia and Greggy.

"Goodbye mga anak, and be cautious while driving," Greggy added as they walked to their separate cars.

Nagpaalam na rin sila kuya Bonget, Liza at mga anak nito sa aming tatlo. Pati na rin sila Michael,Borgy at Matt ang nahuli naman si ate.

"Irene good bye na.Also Malia, I wish you a belated happy birthday anak. And please Irene, always keep an eye out for my niece," ate begged, as if something terrible was about to happen to my daughter.

"Bakit ate? Is there something wrong ba talaga?"

"Nothing, but I believe you should be more concerned with Malia and prioritize her over your work bye," she overcame and kissed both me and Lia on the cheek as she headed off.

When we got into the car, I immediately asked Malia kung may pinag-usapan ba sila kanina ni ate na kung bakit ang lamig ng pakikitungo nito sa akin.

"N-nothing naman po, baka lang po ay pagod lang si mama" she answered kaya initindi ko na lang, minsan kasi ay hindi ko maintindihan si ate.

When we returned home, Lia informed us ng daddy niya immediately that she's going to sleep na.

"S-sure honey, you can sleep with us ng daddy mo"

"It's fine mom, goodnight" she stated and both of us ni Greggy said goodnight to her and kissed her in the forehead.

Then a medicine fell down on her dress and I supposedly took it pero naunahan ako nito.

"What's that anak?"

"U-uhm wala po mommy, it's just vitamins because I forgot to drink kanina when mama picked me up, dalawa pala ang nadala ko sobra po ito" she answered at nagpaalam na patungong itaas.

"O-okay anak good night" I said as she dashed to her room.

"Then Greggy came on my side.

"Why does our Malia's acting weird hon?" I utter.

"Maybe she's tired of what they did today ni ate hon. Ang layo kaya ng probinsya na pinuntahan nila" he spoke.

"I hope nothing's endeavoring danger to our daughter"

"Hon, stop overthinking. A large part of their adolescence may consist in remaining silent "he urged, so I simply stopped thinking ng kung ano-ano at baka sa huli ay magkakatotoo pa.

When me and Greggy are already in our bed ay may sinabi ito sa akin.

"Hon?"

"Yes?" I answered.

"I have a business trip to attend the next day"

"Oh, where hon? Want me to come with you?"

"It's fine hon, I can manage it alone. Perhaps the company needs you habang wala ako. Is it okay with you?"

"Sure not a problem who's with you in your business trip? Perhaps it's only you aalis ng bansa"

"Unfortunately, I am accompanied by someone."

"Oh that's good, your assistant?"

He just shook his head.

"So who'll gonna be with you?"

"It's Eva hon, for she's the CEO of the company that we're collaborating with"

Hearing those remarks, I felt as if a cyclone was approaching. Even though I trust Greggy and we pledged to be honest with one another in front of God, I am uncertain about the outcome of his trip. Not because Eva was his ex, but I have a hard time trusting Greggy at times. It's as if he's withdrawn from me. But don't think like that Irene.

"Is it really prerequisite that you're going to be with her throughout your trip hon?"

"Yes hon, but please trust me. Nothing's going to happen, I'll call you everyday. It's all about the business hanggang doon lang yun "

"No! It's not like that I don't trust you. Eva and I are in good terms na, one thing is ang tagal na non. We're just in a relationship and not married in those times. And of course I really trust you kaya nga kita pinakasalan"

"Thanks hon, I love you"

"I love you too" he said and we headed to sleep na.

*Kinaumagahan*

I wake up early to prepare breakfast. Hay namiss ko din ang magluto kaysa sa trabaho. For cooking truly brings me peace, and I'm overjoyed to create meals for the people I care about most, especially my family.

I went downstairs while Greggy and Malia were still sleeping, I avoided going to her room for fear of disturbing her pa.

Pagkarating ko sa ilalim ay timing naman na kakagising lang ni manang at mukhang magluluto na ito pero sinabihan ko na ako na lang at tulungan na lang ako rito.

"Sige po ma'am, alam niyo po ba ang nangyare kay Malia?"

"O, what about Malia manang? She's acting weird kahapon. Did something happened po ba?"

"Ay opo ma'am kahapon kasi habang nagbabasa sa garden at pinuntahan ni ma'am Imee ay-

"Mommy goodmorning po!" ako naman ay nagulat at bakit biglang nagising si Malia and arrived out of nowhere.

"Anak! Ano ka ba naman nakakagulat ka what happened yesterday? Manang told me something happened daw. Anak is there something wrong ba talaga don't lie to me." seryoso kong tanong dito.

"of course not mommy!

"Then why are you acting weird anak since last night? Did ate told you something?"

"Mom, wala po talaga to. I'm totally fine, it's just I missed you both ni daddy" then she pout.

"Come here to mommy" I remarked and offer her a hug.

She approached me and tightly embraced me. I missed this, but I am unable to stay at home at the moment due to Greggy's business trip, at ako ang nautasan niyang mamahala sa companya while he is away on a trip.

"So sorry honey, your dad will be having his business trip tomorrow. I'm the one who's in charge in our company simula bukas. But don't worry okay? I'm going home early pa, I assure you" I stated and kissed her forehead.

"Oh uhm, that's no problem mom. It's fine, I'll wait you here sa house" she note.

I just caressed her hair and told manang to continue what she was saying.

"W-wala na po ma'am yung sinabi ni Malia yun po"

"Ahh ganoon lang pala manang, by the way anak. Go to your room and get some more sleep, ang aga pa"

"S-sure mom, I'll just get some water because I awoke quickly and was thirsty," she said and just get a glass of water then returned to her room.

I just cooked at tinulungan ako ni manang pero bakit ang tahimik nito.

"Manang ayos lang po ba kayo? Mukhang pati kayo ay nahawa sa katahimikan ni Lia"

"Nako ma'am opo. Ayos lang po ako huwag niyo akong intindihin" she said and just continue helping me.

I walked up to our room to prepare for today after we finished cooking.

"Oh hon, morning" I said upon entering the room na kakatapos lang ni Greggy maligo.

"Morning too hon, it's look liked you're the one who cooked"

"Yes, can you wake up Malia para sabay na tayong mag breakfast? I'll just shower lang hon"

"Sure" he said at ako'y pumasok na ng cr.

After getting ready for the day, I stowed the items that needed to be brought to the office and headed down to meet Malia and Greggy.

While we're eating Greggy said something to Lia.

"Lia honey, I have a flight tomorrow for a business trip"

"Yeah dad, mom already told me that. And she's the one who's responsible in our company habang wala ka" Malia utter.

"Mag-ingat nga po pala kayo ha" dagdag pa nito.

"Of course anak. Did you enjoy last night?"

"Yes I really enjoy, thanks for giving me a celebration dad"

"Of course kahit pa ay late mabuti na lang ay tinanggap mo" Greggy responded, and we resumed eating.

After we finished and it was time to leave, I said my goodbyes to Lia and informed her that we will be late returning home.

"Sure mommy, wala pong problema sa akin. But please! Be cautious when driving okay?" daig nito then Greggy and I kissed her on the forehead and already walked to the car.

When we got to the office hindi talaga inaasahan na ang pagiging busy. Especially today for the CEO of the company that we collaborate with will be heading off here.

"Mom, they're already at the conference room" Luis my son appeared on my door and informed me.

"Yes anak, I'll be there" I said at pina una kona siya and a few minutes later I followed.

When I headed there I immediately greet by the other board members and mostly the CEO.

"Nice to see you again Irene" Eva said and offer me a hug at tinanggap ko naman.

"Nice to meet you again Eva so shall we start?" I note then Greggy has already begun speaking.

While we were in the midst of our meeting, my sight was drawn to Eva who was staring attentively at my husband.

"Irene stop overthinking" I thought to myself and just continued to listen.

"So the COO instructed us to travel together to Italy on a business trip in order for us to meet with other companies with whom we transact?" Eva utter.

"Indeed Ms. De Guzman. I wish you and Mr. Araneta the best of luck with the proposal as the other board members will be expecting both of you there tomorrow." one of the people here inside the room spoke.

"Of course, we're going to do our best right Mr. Araneta?" Eva respond.

"Y-yes, of course" Greggy answered.

Our discussion concluded after an hour, and the COO of Eva's company invited Greggy to join them for a dinner later on.

"Sure but can I bring my wife?"Greggy stated, but I intervened.

"No, that is fine hon. I think that only you, the CEO of our firm and the company with which we collaborate should be present, and I believe you and Eva going to discuss certain confidential matters. That is alright with me, hon."

"Are you sure hon?" greggy asked me again.

"Yes, and if you need me I'm just at the office" daig ko sabay paalamam sa kanila at tumungo na.

When I arrived at the office, I felt uneasy with Eva's glances and interactions with Greggy. Is she rekindling her flirtation with him? Is she unmarried?

Within a few moments, I simply continued doing what I was doing. I just finished eating lunch with Luis and Alfonso as Greggy and Eva visited a location where they intend to construct a building soon.

After that, my children and I returned to the company and resumed our jobs.

I checked several papers and was unaware that it was nearly 7:30 p.m na pala.

"Mom? You should go home na" Alfonso came by.

"Oh hi anak, hindi ko namalayan at gabi na pala. Sige bukas kona ito tatapusin and your dad will fly out tomorrow as well. I was the one he designated to look after the business while he is away. How are you and Luis doing? Are you still not on your way home?

"No mom, we're still going somewhere. Just send our regards to Malia, we already miss her"

"Sure anak, I'll send you regards sa kanya. Be careful where you going ni Alfy ha" I said na kaagad namang niyakap ito then gathered my belongings, and already headed home.

While I was in the parking lot, I noticed Greggy and Eva. Perhaps the two had just returned as Greggy is already walking to his car, as well as Eva.

"So see you at the airport tomorrow Mr. Araneta?"

"Sure Eva, see you tomorrow" Greggy responded and then hugged Eva. I'm concerned since Eva embraced Greggy for a few seconds longer before releasing him.

A/N; I changed the cover, hope you like it. Happy reading❤️❤️

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.4K 186 10
COVER BY Skye The Human @tsundoku-- This is the last summer Adora and Catra will spend together before Adora leaves to do humanitarian work across th...
847K 39.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
171K 1.6K 11
Basically what's in the title... have a sexy imagination... 🙃 Top: Jungkook Bottom: Jimin Some Jimin is top..but Jungkook is mostly top. Tell me i...
19.3K 521 159
She's Maria Iyannah Celestine Marcos Araneta, her mother is Irene Marcos and her father is Greggorio Araneta, She's sweet, and she has a brave side...