A TALE OF VENGEANCE

By ironlegoinaire

YURANI ALEKHYA DEVRAJ....... A name, a title and living goddess of war. Where ever she goes a faint torment o... More

PROLOGUE
NEW BEGINNING
COURT SESSION
MANTRI MANDAL
SULTAN OF KABUL
I AM WAITING TO MEET YOU
CONSPIRACIES IN COURT
STARTING OF BATTLE
PROTECTING THE KINGDOM
RESCUE
UNSOLVED PAST MYSTERIES
SCARS
A CASUAL STROLL
GATHERING
YOU WERE NEVER A GOOD FATHER
MEGHA
MAHA SABHA
LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG
A GLIMPSE
POISONING
SHER GHATI
RUDRADEV
BATTLEFIELD TO BLOODFIELD
AFTERMATE
KABUL
NEXT STEPS
A/N
PIRATES
CHARACTER INFO
ARRIVAL TO LECCE
WATERFALL
THE COUNTESS
CHARACTER INFO
SEASON
UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT
HEART TALK
HER DESPAIR
INNOCENT LIONESS
MINE
A TALE OF PAST
MARQUIS CARNAK DA CAMINO
A DESTROYED BALL
TRANSITION
EPILOGUE
HEY LOVELIES
A TALE FROM THE PAGES OF PAST

TEJAS

720 53 0
By ironlegoinaire

I was sitting in court with important ministers and advisors along with military chiefs. The nerves and terror in air was pliable apparently yesterday's news spreaded faster than forest fire. I ignored the continuous glares I am receiving from Chanchala focusing my attention on my attire. I opted for a green and yellow navari along with pearl necklace and diamond armlets. It is a special occasion. Finally after what it felt like years of waiting Sultan came along with Maharaj, delegates from Kabul and Maha Mantri. They were laughing on a joke Maharaj shared. There smiles looked infectious. The behaved as if they were long lost best friends as they sat in their respective places. Maharaj started introducing us.

"This my daughter Yurani Alekhya. You had already meet her yesterday." My father introduced me with pride in his voice which confused me whether he is being genuine or sarcastic. "Masha Allah. You are a beauty with brain Yurani. I hope God will grace me with a daughter like you. Maharaj Arun is surely lucky." He said praising me. My expression remained stotic only if he know the reality of the situation. Even without looking I know that Chanchala's face is looking like a roasted brinjal. It is surely hilarious. "You are flattering me Sultan. It's a previledge to meet you." I said bowing my head in sign of respect.

"You are a true diamond Yurani. I Sultan Rashid Sulaiman of Kabul. Give Yurani Alekhya the title of virangana-a-hind. And this sword as our token of gratitude." He said as a servent handed me a sword on platter. I open it to find it has black blade. Strange blade of such forging techniques and quality were emboided with top quality iron. I was memorized by the way the light glinted off its edge. The blood shedding of its edge will look more dangerous. I looked towards him questioning.

"The sword belong to my great, great grandmother. She is supposed to be from Hindustan. It is her dying wish to hand over this sword to any girl who defeated the Sultan in a battle. From a long time our every generation travel around the globe to find a girl who can defeat us. Our search had finally bear us fruit. The sword finally got a owner." He said with satisfaction on his face. Like he finally accomplished something. "It is a previledge to have something this precious and scared Sultan. I will never allow anyone to disrespect it." I said touching the sword to my forehead. All seemed to be pleased by my actions. While I was lost in inner turmoil. Such a amazing sword appearing out of nowhere was surely a shock and suprise.

The conservation moved on to different topics like other kingdoms in Bharatvarsha and Kabul to music and dance. They also discussed about defence and people living in their capitals. We are totally engrossed in conversation that no one seemed to notice as time flown by. By the time we finished the sun had already moved towards setting. I also received fifteen kilograms of gold ornaments, other diamond jewellery along with bundles of costly fabrics glittered with rubies and diamonds sewen together by golden and silver threads. Soon they all retired for men's gathering and I excused myself. The royal decree is full filled and I had already dispatched the treasures to Ministry much to Chanchala's dismay.

She will definitely not sit quiet I had tramped her reputation and false pride. Same goes for Senapati. It will not be long before they try to harm me. I must divert Maharaj's attention away for time being. Not having any resources to get information in palace is major drawback. The palace is a place where knowledge is a secret weapon. "Suman." I called her as she came running to me."Yes Yurani." She came running. "I am going to do puja and getting rest. Don't disturb me. And don't allow anyone to enter my chambers." I said as I went inside my chambers and closed the doors and locked them up. I turned around to see if anyone is secretly keeping sights on me.

Once I was satisfied that I am alone. I opened the secret tunnel that starts in bathhouse and opens in outside of palace. It is my little secret that no one knows. I changed my cloths into that of a man's and started my nightly venture. The first thing I need is a horse. In my last life Ayudhik taught me the art of disguise. It is coming in use now. According to him best place to listen all ministers wrongdoings and latest news is the tavern that the soilders frequently visit. Drunkards tell all the tales. He used to tell me. But first I need a strong horse. The night had fallen but the capital is still lively. The people are returning to their homes after long day at work.

I was not surprised when I saw few mothers drag their children to their houses for dinner. The lamps lightened nearly all the houses. Few elderly sat under the banyan tree in middle of a square talking about latest gossip of capital. I asked them where I can get a good horse. They immediately replied a merchant had arrived in capital with great breeds of horses. I thanked them and walked towards the direction. Our of pure kindness one of the bullock cart driver offered me a ride to the place. The entire capital looked calm. The regal fort of Devgiri which sat on this regal plane looked calm from out but only a few could sense the mayhem inside.

I marched towards their tents and went straight to the merchant who is talking to a purchaser but not before thanking the cart driver. "I want your fastest and strongest horse. " I said in a no nonsense tone of mine. "Little boy this is a merchant's business. If you have money I will give you horse." He said may be calculating whether I am a purchaser or simply lad fooling around. "I want your strongest and fastest horse." I said as I handed him a bag filled with gold coins. He opened it with a surprised face before asking me to follow him.

"Who are you ? You are giving away this much money like it is nothing." He is trying to figure out my identity. "A rich person." I smirked. Two can play the game.  "Your family. Your native place." Not giving up I see. Soon we reached a stable to find a midnight black horse tied to alone stall. There are remains of broken wood all around him. He looks like a violent one. "Be careful he allows no-one to get closer to him. Many of my men had broken their limbs to it." But I was already moved towards him. He moved violently when I approached him. I dogged his attacks and keep my hand on his forehead looking into his eyes. He instantly calmed. I set his bridle and sadle. I mounted him.

"You are amazing but you didn't told your name young man." He asked in amazed voice. "Rudra Pratap." I said before running away on him. "What's your name? Oh I forget to ask the merchant." I asked the horse. He gave me no reply or reaction. "Garud" No reply. "Dhruv" Still no reply. "Tejas" He jumped happily. "You are Tejas from now onwards. Rudra Pratap and Tejas. Nice names aren't they." I said chuckling as we rode away as swift as wind in night. After sometime I started marching towards the tavern.

As expected of a tavern. Most of the people are drunk and babbling their secrets. I neared a table it was filled with few merchants and soilders.
"Brothers I came a bit late. All tables are filled can I seat here." I asked politely. "No problem brother come sit with us." One of them said. Patting the seat beside him. I sat there. "A drink for all this kind brothers." I said to the waiter. Flipping three silver coins to him. "Keep the change." I added. Giving away gold will raise more problems than needed. "From where do you come brother. You look rich." One of the merchant asked. He is slightly less drunk. "I came from a area near Tungabhadra river. My father is a rich farmer and want me to continue family business. I want to roam the world. So we came to a agreement. I can stay away from home for three years but then I have to settle down." I said fabricating the false story. They looked satisfied with my answer.

"So how is the capital brothers ? Is there anyone I must stay clear off." I enquired them. "Just stay clear from higher military officers and ministers and their minions. Everything will be good." One of them said. "Yeah. That was my golden rule. Stay clear from officers they are more trouble than required in my bachelor life." We all laughed at the comment. More drinks are served. I just drank some mild alcohol. My tolerance might be good but I don't want to end but drunk. After some time they started to spill their guts.

"You know they are saying that Yurani is wonderful fighter she defeated the Senapati and Sultan who came from Kabul." One of them said. "She is just a child. Even though she can't save us from that cruel Senapati and his minions." Another one added. "Do you know he took away the cotton merchant's daughter away for two weeks and then thrown her on her house's doorsteps last week. No one know what happen she had not spoke anything from that time." The merchant who asked my name said. "True. They are saying his son is also to sick. He called all the famous doctors and physicians. Still there is no progress. Poor man." The first person added. It sppear as I'd that rascal Senapati is more cruel than I thought. And Maharaj are absolutely ignoring his wrongdoings.

"I must excuse myself brothers. I hope we meet again tomorrow." I said before leaving towards the sable where I kept Tejas. I took Tejas's bridle from the stable boy's hand. "Where is the cotton merchant's house whose son is sick ?" I asked him. I sprinted away in darkness as he gave me the directions. Knowing that if Pratap won't risk any exposures at such a crucial time. The merchant must know some insiders news that required such a terrifying warning to warn him of the consequences.v

"I can try to cure your merchant's son. I am a physician." I said to the guards standing on the gate. One of them sprinted inside as another one stood there stubbornly. My face and head was covered in brown colour turban. Soon the merchant came running towards me. "Can you really cure my son?" He asked in a trembling voice. His eyes had dark circle under them. Look like he had not slept in a long time. "I can try." I said with confidence as I dismounted from the horse. He nodded before asking me to follow him inside. I saw a boy of 10 or 11 year slept on a bed. Shivering even though he is covered in multiple blankets. "He is like this from 5 days." The merchant said tears falling from his eyes.

I took his pulse and temperature. He had a rare kind of fever. Luckily I had created the medicine just yesterday. Working with healers didn't go all waste. I took out the bottle from my bag and handed it to the merchant. "Give one spoon of this to him every half hour. Till the bottle finish. He will get up by tomorrow evening." I said. "I can't repay your debt. Please ask what you want I will give it to you." He said falling on his knees. "Just give the medicine to him and keep my horse here overnight. I will come tomorrow night to check on his condition." I said before sprinting away from his house. Luckily it was close to the secret passage.

I looked towards the moon to find out the time. It is well past midnight. I must reach my palace soon otherwise they might notice my absence. I took the fastest bath to remove all the proofs of venture into capital. I wore my sleeping gown before falling to a dreamless sleep. "Yurani... Yurani" I was woken up by the voice of Suman. "Go away let me sleep." The convoy of Kabul won't leave uptill second pahar and I am having a killer headache due to all the sudden drinking yesterday. "Yurani. Her Highness wants to meet you." She replied in urgent voice. "What time it is and is she alone ?" I asked turning in my bed. "Sun just rose and she is alone." She is shaking me violently.

"Ask her to go away. Make some reasonable excuse. I don't want to deal with her this early in morning." I said covering my face with blanket. "Maharani Chanchala is entering into Yurani's chambers." God I don't want to deal with that headache now. Looks like today odds are not in my favour. "Privacy" She shouted as soon as she entered my bed chambers. "Don't you know the meaning of privacy Her Majesty ?" I said irritated that I have to see her face first thing in the morning. I didn't even tried to hide the fact that I hastily added her majesty at end. I felt as if my day is already spoilt before it even started. Like always she is covered top to bottom in jewels.

"From the time onwards your carriage overturned you had made my life difficult. And how you have idiocity to ask how can you help me ? Keep in your mind soon I will gain power and then no one can protect you. Not even the person who is pulling all the strings in the court. I will make your life worest than death Alekhya. Worest than death. You better back off." She said through her gritting teeths and her nostrils flaring in anger. Her face had became red. I laughed. I laughed so hard that my stomach started to pain and their are tears in my eyes. My chambers are resounding in my laughter. She backed away from me till her back hit the wall. She is practically trembling in fear.

"Why.. why are.. you... laughing ?" She asked her voice shaking. I somehow stopped my laughing before replying. "Go ahead Chanchala. Go ahead. I don't fear death anymore. It is the sweetest gift to creatures given by God. It gives innocent peace they want but the people who lost themselves in greed and hunger of power will get eternal suffering. I had seen worest than death. They can't hurt me anymore." Chanchala ran way from my chambers with her tail between her legs. I sat on the floor my head thrown back on my bed as I let out another string of humorless laughter which resonated through the cold chambers resonating. It might feel terrific to others but for me it was a natural thing.

My happiness, my soul, my zeal all are dead to this cruel world. The only thing living and blazing in this body of mine is the thrist for vengeance. For the blood of those who snatched my life from me both directly and indirectly. "Privacy" I said as the attendees approached me to help me with my bath. I was lost in my thoughts. Foolish Chanchala she let the anger take better of her. The only way of gaining power in court was to kill the King and their biggest obstacle is me. Means they are conspiring to kill Maharaj and put the blame on me. Or just killing me. Let's see who will win. "I am a injured lioness in form of human Chanchala. And you happened to be the one who injured me. The revenge is gonna be to sweet and a bit sour. Let's see how I crashes your hopes and dreams in a pile of mud." I said before getting up and drying myself with a clean cotton cloth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 18.9K 72
BOOK 1 OF 'The WAR of Dynasties' SERIES ✨ Princess Chandralekha was born in a royal family and was promised to the wealthiest king, but little did sh...
4.1K 335 20
I was raised and pampered like a spoiled princess, but fate made me into a ruthless queen. ...
46.9K 2.3K 30
1680 Maratha kingdom, Mention :NO SMUT, NOT SO PURE Royal love, Abuse, Tracts and tricks, Palace games, Polygamous marriage, Harem against with you...
5.6K 610 15
She was meant to be a Princess. A Royalty. First Girl born after decades in the Family. But Ashima Rajput never knew. Living a perfectly peaceful lif...