Magi: Sindria's Prophet

By MoriMakesFanart

I got Isekaied into Magi. Having read the complete manga many times I know what the future holds and there's... More

01 (Balbadd arc
02 (Balbadd arc
03 (Balbadd arc
04 (Balbadd arc
05 (Balbadd arc
06 (Balbadd arc
07 (Balbadd arc
08 (Ship to Sindria
09 (Ship to Sindria
10 (Ship to Sindria
11 (Settling into Sindria
12 (Settling in Sindria
13 (Settling in Sindria
14 (Settling in Sindria
15 (Settling in Sindria
16 (Settling in Sindria -Dinner
17 (Settling in Sindria -Dinner
18 (Settling in Sindria -Dinner
19 (Settling in Sindria -After Dinner
21 (Settling in Sindra - New Home
22 (Settling in Sindra - New Home -Date ;3
23 (Settling in Sindra - New Home -Date ;3
24 (Settling in Sindra - New Home -Homework
Intermission
25 (Settling in Sindra - New Home
26 (Settling in Sindria -Meeting
27 (Settling in Sindria -Meeting -And They were Business Partners
28 - Another meeting
29-Gender, Jewelry & Flirting p1
30-Gender, Jewelry & Flirting p2
31 Final Preparations/Denial
32 Announcement Arc: Sindria's Prophet
33- Announcement Arc- Sindria's Prophet
34- Announcement Arc -Sinbad's Prophet
35 -Announcement Arc -Sinbad's Prophet
36 -Announcement Arc-Sinbad's Prophet
37 (Eye of the Storm
38- (Eye of the Storm

20 (Settling in Sindra - New Home

2.5K 114 53
By MoriMakesFanart

((tw/ implications of past child abuse. Look for ((explaining when to skip))))

~POV Mori~
Since I had just had a bit of a breakdown it felt like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I was able to be excited about shopping with Pisti. Sinbad called this my welcome gift, but this had to also be my reward for everything I'd done up until now. There's no way the amount of money this was going to cost could just be a welcome gift.

My excitement was no match for Pisit's given how she landed in the Palace courtyard on one of those giant birds without warning while I was walking to the Black Libra Tower.

The first shop was for the "essentials." I finally got a few of those boob tubes that a bunch of people were shown wearing during Maharagan, as well as a few other things I could wear so I wouldn't be naked when surviving the heat. (And period cloths since that was going to happen soon.)

The shops we visited afterwards were clearly the highlight. It's no wonder Pisti loves shopping in Sindria so much, it's a center for merchants and tourists from around the world, so there are shops from just as many countries showing just as many styles. Each shop owner greeted Pisti personally -she was one of the 8 Generals and one of their best customers. Then they would notice me.

"Ah- Who's this with you?" The shopkeeper asked while eyeing my hoodie or me or both-hard to tell.

Then Pisti would introduce me. "This is Mori. She's a Prophet that his Majesty found while he was in Balbadd."

Just like at the past few shops they bickered about who/what I was, and compared the real me to the rumors that had spread during the week I was bedridden. According to them, I had visions of the future that I copied onto scrolls to help everyone, some thought that I was blessed by the Rukh, or that it was a sign from God that I had these visions and had chosen to help Sindria. I thought back to that morning and wondered what came first: these rumors, or the version Sinbad was writing into the next addition of "The Adventures of Sinbad."

(Flashback)
After the previous night, I was not expecting to see Ja'far again so soon. He came with the maids delivering my breakfast. It was around the time I thought he normally woke up Sinbad.

"I hope you were able to sleep well."

"I was, thanks for asking." I was too confused to know what else to say. Now that I knew Ja'far didn't hate me, I was able to see how much I had been projecting my fears onto him.

I knew why I did it. Ja'far was shown being physically threatening whenever someone defamed Sinbad. After ranting about the Great Flow and privilege, I had assumed that Ja'far would not only realize that I was talking about Sinbad, but realize the connection between that and the 2nd Calamity. I was afraid that Ja'far would hurt me if I even hinted that Sinbad is the one to cause it. Since I first realized that Ja'far disliked that I wasn't telling them everything, that fear had been growing.

But that was the knowledge fallacy all along. Ja'far can't know something about the future that I didn't tell him, and he wouldn't ever consider the possibility that Sinbad would do such a thing. Even if I did tell him, as long as I could explain everything so he could understand, there was no way he'd hurt me for it.

((Skip next paragraph to avoid the trigger))
Ja'far is someone I'd like to be friends with. I was afraid of making someone I like hate me -make them want to hurt me. I knew I was already projecting similar onto Sinbad, but I had completely missed that I was doing the same to Ja'far. Trauma's a bitch, and 20+ years of gaslighting and abuse don't just go away. Chances were, he wasn't even being that aggressive; it was all in my head. I'm self aware, and self motivated; I graduated therapy years ago; I could shake off a minor relapse like this.

Ja'far's voice brought me back to the present. "If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to confirm our conversation from last night, as well as some other things."

I agreed since I wanted to make sure I did remember everything properly -turns out I did. I had told Ja'far about Sinbad dying while helping to stop the 2nd Calamity -somehow I had enough sense while drunk to not slip anything about David or the Holy Palace. 'Go Past Me!'

But that wasn't the only reason he came to talk with me.

Ja'far stood with his hands joined in his sleeves, while I ate at my table. "There are some other things you should know now that you will be going around and talking with others. Sin and I have discussed what you should and shouldn't say about who you are. We plan to make it public that you are Sindria's Prophet but not that you're from another world. The other Generals have also already been informed."

I put my spoon down for a second. "I was wondering about that. How do you plan on explaining the knowledge I have? Since I know more than just this world's future that is."

"That can easily be explained by saying you're looking farther into the future." He waved away that concern, then paused thinking. "You should know about the public's perception of you."

I waited for him to elaborate, and in that silence Ja'far's eye brows started creasing. "You do know about the Adventures of Sinbad that Sin is writing, don't you?" he asked tentatively. If I had to describe Ja'far's expression in a word, it would be 'disgust.' I felt relieved that it wasn't directed at me.

"Yes." Sinbad wrote them first to get some extra money and publicity, and then as propaganda to promote himself and his country.

"Well..." The General started. "He wrote that you are from a small tribe of people that live so far away they aren't on the map." The longer he talked the more frustrated he got. "You grew up being gifted with visions of the future and have spent your whole life traveling the world to find Sin -the King you had seen in your visions.' His face turned a little pink, almost like he was embarrassed by what he was saying. Sinbad's retellings were notoriously exaggerated and over the top.

Ja'far couldn't make eye contact.

It made enough sense to me that someone having visions might seek out the person in those visions. That wasn't enough for Ja'far to get this awkward; it felt like he was leaving something out. Wait. "He didn't-" Sinbad wrote some cringey stuff, but, "Did he write it like when he wrote about his birth and how the 7 most beautiful women in the world knew or whatever?" The question rushed out of me.

Ja'far flinched. "I couldn't convince him not to." Then he covered his face with one hand. I couldn't fully hear what he said but I knew that nickname instantly. ".....Beautiful Prophet..."

"How long until it gets released?"

"It should be done by the time he leaves for the Kou Empire. And of course all of the scribes copying it for sale know since it's already in production."
(Flashback over)

I had less than 2 months to make my own impression on the people before Sinbad made them all think I was some 'Beautiful woman' blessed with visions from Fate just to benefit him. He probably made it sound like I was some hyper infatuated person who couldn't control their emotions to the point of utter dedication to him -I hated that it wasn't even totally wrong. But I was a Simp, not a Stan.

After buying an outfit that was perfect for Artemyra, I started to get hungry. We walked the streets while everything we purchased was delivered back to the Palace.

"Fresh cut fruit!" One shop keeper shouted into the crowd to get attention.

My stomach grumbled. It was getting close to lunch, and all this walking was making me low energy. The sugars in fruit would be good for that. I turned to the booth and froze.

The man yelling had bright red hair in a ponytail, a permanent 5 o'clock shadow and wore a bright red sash. I couldn't tell if he was from Sassan or a Fanalis with his messy hair. There was an Immuchuk man sitting behind the stand that looked like he'd kill with his stare alone. The Immuchuk was handing a cabob of fruit cut into flowers to a small child with their parent.

"Don't just stare," Pisti broke through my thoughts, "Let's go get some." When I didn't follow her she gave me a questioning look.

"I recognize them."

These were not characters from Magi. These were OC's of mine I had originally made for a Kingdom Hearts fanfic years ago though I reused them a few times after that.

Without thinking I walked up to them.
The redhead smiled down at me. "Would you like one of our fruit kabobs, miss?"

"Are you really Kain?" I had to get confirmation.

He blinked in shock. "Do you know me?" His professional smile was tarnished by the crease he fought from forming on his forehead.

"Yes." I answered bluntly. Then I looked at the Immuchuk man. "And he is Behr...no" The Immuchuk had a specific naming convention where one syllable was doubled. I was lazy when it came to naming so that would mean his name in this world would be, "Behruru?"

They both became nervous. Pisti clapped her hands together with a huge grin. "Mori, were they in your visions too?"

I nodded.

"Did you say 'visions?'" Kain gawked at me. "Then are you the Prophet from the rumors?"

I looked up at him and answered plainly. "Yes."

He made a quick glance at Behr Behruru. "If we were in your visions, can we know what you saw?"

There wasn't any reason not to say anything, but I also had no idea what they were doing in this world. Were they a couple here too? They had to be right?

I decided to give a vague answer based on what I had written for them in my old fics. "The future isn't written in stone, but it's highly likely that the both of you will take in orphans that don't have homes to return to. You'll raise them so that they can find their places in the world." I suddenly remembered the children that are manipulated by Madaar and sent to Sindria afterwards. The waves were making me think that inclination was correct. "If you do meet those children it will be in about 6 months to a year from now."

Kain scratched the back of his head with one hand. Then he looked back at Behruru again. When he looked back at me he looked reassured about something. "Thank you for telling us, Lady Prophet."

Conversation devolved into pleasantries and we got some free fruit kabobs as thanks. The fruit of the seven seas was a major export since it only grew here. On the kabob were fruit like a pineapple but lighter in flavor, and something that reminded me of mango.

As we walked to the next shop I was lost in thought. Those were definitely my OCs. If they were here then I was definitely in a fanfiction. But for some reason I was self aware of that? It was very strange. Was it because this is a Isekai? What genre was this fic? If I was writing fanfiction then I probably was working through something...

Figuring out I was definitely a character in a story didn't worry me. Since I was little I thought about things like what if life was the matrix, or a book, or something else that meant I wasn't actually a part of reality. I always come to the same conclusion every time: I'm still me. No matter what I experience or loose, no matter how 'real' my life is, I will always be myself, and I will never be anyone else. It's up to me to be someone I can be proud of. Being a character version of myself wasn't going to change anything. All this would do is let me experience things I'd otherwise not have an opportunity to, and let me express myself in ways I never was able to back home.

But even more than that, it meant that there was a 'real' me back home to keep looking after everyone. My family wasn't going to loose the house or go hungry. With that wave of relief I felt a freedom I hadn't known in a long time.

Pisti pointed out the next shop, and brought me back to the present. The shop had clothes from Riem. Since Riem was obviously based on Rome (but if Remus had won instead of Romulus) most of the clothes were common tunics, but there were also togas (for men), stolas (for women) and pallas (women's head covering). Since I was half Italian I figured it would be a good idea to buy a few outfits from there.

Pisti talked with the shopkeeper quickly and quietly -I guessed she wanted to keep the clothes a surprise. I ended up in what was basically 2 white sheets fastened over my shoulders and arms with fibulae (clips) with a girdle tied under my bust. It laid nice enough, but it was obvious why ancient Roman women had a focus on jewelry. There was also something making me nervous; only married women should be allowed to wear a stola. Was I being dressed in one because *anime*, aesthetic or-?

"Try this with it!" I turn to see Pisti holding the equivalent of a crop top in my favorite color range.

I took it from her hands before thinking. Anything between indigo and purple was my favorite -if I had to narrow my favorite color down from rainbow.

"Would this be alright?" This color was considered Sinbad's, wasn't it? Would it be okay to wear something that was the same color?

The shopkeeper look between the garment, me and then had a silent conversation with Pisti. "That would look lovely on you!"

I put it on and felt better. This was a color I wore a lot at home too so it was an extra comfort to see myself in it again. Most of my clothes were black, purple, indigo or teal, unless I had to dress in a uniform or decided to dress in the palette of one of my pride flags. I doubted I could wear all black like at home without those in the know thinking I was a part of Al Tharem, but I could at least do this.

Looking at my reflection, I knew I'd probably wear this everyday. It was my favorite piece so far and it wasn't even legally mine yet.

On top of what I was wearing and a few other pieces I liked, Pisti ordered a sash that would match the violet top. Then we moved onto the next store.

I recognized the clothes as shown in both Riem and Heliohapt. There was some similar to what was worn by Masrur and Sharrkan among other men.

Pisti started picking out something for me to try and a thought struck me: if this was a fanfic then I could probably get away with expressing my gender however I wanted as long as I made the change slowly. If I could start to push boundaries with my clothes then I could bring up pronouns later. I don't mind people calling me 'she/her' since I pass as fem, but it be nice to be called 'they/them' at least some of the time.

As much as LGBTQA+ people existed in history, Magi was written for Shonen magazines. Shonen series didn't really allow for same sex relationships or any romance in their action series. But it did allow for okama (Japanese term used to describe gay men, and transwomen because those 2 things had been heavily conflated in Japan. This is a negative stereotype normally only used for comedy.), and there are multiple okama in Magi (Zagon's mimic as well as other enemies and side characters). They may be played for laughs, but they are there, so LGBT do still definitely exist in this world without question.

I picked up one of the masc tops and looked at it.

"My Lady Prophet, those are men's clothes." The shop owner came to my 'aid.'

"I know."

"Oh! Are you getting them for someone else?"

"Nope." I smiled. "These are for me." I knew what I wanted.

Pisti came over to me confused. "Mori, there's so much else to try without having to wear men's clothes."

I looked down at her. "Why does that matter when I look good in it?"

The genderedness of clothing is arbitrary at best. For me, gender is a performance, and I want to play every part whenever I feel like it. Besides, if this was fanfiction, and self indulgent in the ways I was guessing, then I wasn't going to have to worry about being ostracized like I was back home.

I ignored their further confusion, and I took the outfit behind a changing curtain. An outfit like this was all about side boob for my body type. Since I have a short torso, the belt was high up and would keep the cloth tethered enough to not let anything slip out. This was kinda a sporty look in this world so I put my hair up in a bun real quick.

Then I stepped out from behind the curtain, ready to change minds. "So do you still think I shouldn't wear something like this?" Later I would have to try pairing this top with some pants or shorts to get something similar to the sexy way to wear overalls -it's anime and fanfiction, I'll be sexy if I want to.

The two agreed that it looked good on me and stopped complaining, but my attention narrowed in on the bird in the window. Just how long had Sinbad been following us?

I had a feeling I was going to be seeing that bird a lot going forward.

"The Lady Prophet is an odd person." I heard the shopkeeper comment as Pisti got the rest of my things in order.

While I waited for them to finish up, I made my way to the bird in the window. Those spiral eyes meant this was definitely Sinbad. I turned and leaned against the window frame so we were both facing into the shop.

"Good afternoon, your Majesty."

This time the bird didn't flinch. I could tell I had his full attention, and with my good mood I wanted to tease him.

"Thank you for all these presents. It's a shame you couldn't come around with me to help me pick everything out... That being said," I hooked my thumbs into the front of my new top and pulled forward slightly while running my thumb along the edge until I got to the belt where I tucked my thumbs in, "I have a pretty good idea of your taste in fashion, so I already know what things you would have put me in."

The bird's pupils grew as his eyes followed my thumbs and then went back up to the expected spot. I laughed at his reaction. I could only imagine what Sinbad's actual expression looked like wherever he was.

Then I excused myself to go change back into my original clothes so we could head for the next shop. My bun unraveled itself as I walked.

This next shop had the style I was most looking forward to: Parthevian. Sinbad was from Parthevia but that wasn't why I liked it; many of the women of Parthevia were shown wearing sleeveless turtlenecks and that was a style I already wore whenever I could. To Pisti's delight, I bought out everything they had in my colors. I was going to have to wait for all of it to be altered to my measurements, but I was happy with my choices.

Pisti wanted to hit up a few more stores, but my back was having a flare up from walking for so long so I had to ask to stop. There was one that was important enough for me to agree to despite the pain, and it was a shoe shop. They took my foot measurements and I ordered a few different types of shoes. Since I have curly toes I normally have trouble finding comfortable shoes, but since all shoes are custom made at this point in time that wouldn't be a problem.

All of the things I got (that were finished) were supposed to be delivered to my room, but when I got back a good portion of the items were missing. There were several notes about what was being altered, made, or dyed. Pisti must have sent some things to be dyed after seeing my reaction earlier. There was also some clothes I didn't order that came separately -it was the uniform that everyone in Palace was issued.

It was still a big haul. Again, my mind went to how much this must have cost, and we didn't get to hit everything. I let myself collapse onto my bed. My back pain was pretty bad, and sapped my energy.

I wanted to put everything away, and pick out something to change into, but I just didn't have it in me. I could at least think about it while resting. I'd be spending the next few months adjusting to the climate and figuring out what type of clothes I was most comfortable in here. Since it was an anime world, I could let myself dress a little flashy, but I didn't know if I was going to stick with it long term.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 59 15
Winter has a crush on Qibli, but Qibli is already with another dragon: Moon. He might have to accept the fact that he may never be able to be with Qi...
143K 3K 64
Another mafia story since y'all ate up the last one;) After having been exposed as a mole for the french mafia, Elodie's father gets executed by his...
63 7 7
"What happened? How could you abandon me like this?" I asked, betrayal bubbling up in my throat as I looked upon the brother that I had assumed was d...
6.6K 260 29
*I DO NOT OWN MAGI: LABYRINTH OF MAGIC, JUST LOVE THE ANIME AND MANGA* *The story line will mainly follow the anime but there will be some manga mom...