βœ“ the hooded princess β€’ kim s...

By minthannie

"my life is full with secrets, and you know everything." min eunkyung- a princess should behave with grace, t... More

before you read ^-^
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
β™‘
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
f i f t y f i v e
f i f t y s i x
f i f t y s e v e n
f i f t y e i g h t
f i f t y n i n e
s i x t y
r y u n i v e r s e
s i x t y o n e
s i x t y t w o
s i x t y t h r e e
b o n u s c h a p t e r
w h a t i f ?
w h a t i f # 1

t w e n t y s e v e n

801 51 35
By minthannie

"We agreed to do Science, why are you bringing out Math?" she scowled when the guy took out a calculator.

Seungmin stared at her in disbelief, "You don't use calculation in Science?"

"What's there to calculate..." the princess looked down to her book and saw some divisions and multiply with a field of sun, a farmer, animals and such. She blinked her eyes a few times.

He let out a loud sigh and pulled her book closer to him, "Are you really an advanced student?"

"I told you I suck at Science."

"Did you even pay attention?"

"No."

"You're so hopeless. The final exam is in one month." he remarked and ignored the glaring eyes. "You need to calculate the energy used by this farmer in each activities," a formula was written on top of the book and he circled it a few times. "Using this formula. This is like the basic one I'm teaching you and we have more formulas coming."

He flipped the pages and showed her a long statement of a problem solving. "This is Math."

"You have mathematics too in this subject." he argued back.

Even though she was not satisfied with it, the girl took back her book and began to calculate. Seungmin passed her the calculator as she didn't bring any.

All was peaceful until they heard someone screeching, "A study date?!"

Eunkyung swore she'd have thrown the pen to Felix's face if she was in her own house. Seungmin looked up from staring at the princess who was doing her work silently. Sadly, he was caught by his best friend.

Felix skipped to the duo with wriggling eyebrows and flirty smile. "Ayy what is this? You're studying sooo discreetly together."

"What brings you here, Lix." Seungmin monotonously asked while eyeing the packaging in his hand.

"Cookies! I baked them and made extra for you and your father but didn't know you have a plus one here."

The princess sighed as she returned to her work, "Shut up, Felix."

Said guy chuckled and gave Seungmin the cookies. Then the taller excused himself, leaving the princess with the newcomer.

Felix took a seat in front of her – which was Seungmin's place – and tucked his fist under his chin with a soft smile. Eunkyung's eyebrows furrowed as she felt someone was staring at her.

"What?"

"Hm?" he raised a brow. "Don't mind me, I'm just reenacting how Seungmin looked at you earlier."

"Say it again your muffins are gone."

He shrugged, "Nah it's fine, I've paid mine for tomorrow's muffins. Would be way more earlier than that one muffin looking girl."

"Muffin looking girl?"

"I don't know her name."

"She has a name tag and you don't bother knowing her name when you literally fight with her over muffins every day? Sounds like lovers crap to me."

"Hey!" the guy pouted with a faked angry expression. "Not the lovers ew."

Eunkyung ignored him. She continued doing the exercise while Felix continued staring. Taking a deep breath, she slammed her pen on the table, "Will you stop?"

He leaned back on crossed his arms against his chest, "Seungmin did that earlier but you seem okay with it."

"I didn't even realise what he was doing." she muttered and glared.

"His eyes are full of adoration and twinkles."

Again, poor guy got ignored.

"Twinkle twinkle little star," he sang with his tiniest voice.

"Hope you'll ran into a car." the princess finished.

"Damn."

Seungmin returned a few minutes after with a drink and three cups but Felix excused himself, saying he needed to help his mother with something. Before he leaves he didn't forget to throw his best friend a knowing look and kissy sounds, which Eunkyung almost throw the extra cup but Seungmin was quick to stop her.

"I know you're rich, but this is mom's favourite." he chuckled as Eunkyung put back the cup on the tray.

"He gets on my nerves."

"Don't take what he said too seriously. Felix is always playful."

She just merely glanced at him as she remembered what Felix told her earlier. 

He said you were staring, she wanted to say but decided not to or else she'd embarrass herself. "I don't understand this one." she pointed to a question instead.

Without doubting anything, Seungmin stopped pouring the tea into the cup and scoot over to see the question. He then took a pencil and began to explain.

But did the princess actually listen? No.

Why was he ignoring me earlier?

Train of thoughts played in her mind. The princess didn't even notice the male had stopped talking and looked at her with a questioning look. She was... staring.

"Did the cookie turn you into a mannequin?" Seungmin wondered and tore off the packaging to take a bite of the cookie. Eunkyung was finally brought back to reality but she blushed hard when it was his turn to stare at her like she did earlier.

She cleared her throat. "The taste is immaculate."

"True. It brings you to staring."

She nodded, "It made you wonder the recipe. Immaculate."

"And you didn't even open the packaging." he lifted the newly torn off cookies packaging and took another bite. "Mmm the taste is immaculate."

"I hope you choke, Kim Seungmin."

"Feisty." he held out one to her but pulled away when she was about to take it. "Open your mouth aaaa."

Sighing, she complied. Seungmin made some vrooming noises before feeding her. To say he didn't look adorable while doing that was a lie. "Were you always like this?"

"Feeding kids? Nope. Never."

"Kids– nevermind. Were you always quiet at school? And now you're talking?"

The guy fed her another half of the cookie and gave her a cup of tea. "Was I always like that?"

She nodded before taking a sip.

"Why? Are you sad I didn't speak to you?" he snickered.

Eunkyung was lucky she had finished gulping or else she'd choke. Before she could say anything, Seungmin fed her another cookie. Who was she to reject? Felix's cookies were delicious and too good to be ignored.

"Don't worry, it's nothing related to you." he smiled.

"But you ignored me–"

"You got the answer wrong."

"Hm?" she looked at the first question she did earlier. Seungmin drew a cross on her calculation and made a new one. She was impressed how he could write the numbers and letters upside down with the book facing her. "Did I do anything wrong?"

"The answer is–"

"Did I?"

Seungmin circled the answer he just got and leaned his back on the chair. Eunkyung didn't bother to look at the new answer but anticipated for his reply.

"You did."

The girl remained silent.

"The answer is forty percent."

Oh how she wished she could dump the tea on his head.

Felix stifled a laugh after hearing the princess' story. The girl had a gloom face on with a rainy cloud on her head, scaring every students walking by. Luckily, the school has ended so the poor scared students won't have to face a gloomy princess.

"You're mad just because of that?"

She puffed her cheeks with air and refused to reply.

"Maybe he has his own reasons."

"He ignored me again today," she childishly stomped her feet on the ground. "Did I do something wrong?!"

"I have never seen you getting this worked up before. Is it a really big deal?" he questioned.

Embarrassed, the princess looked back to the front. "You won't understand." she muttered, remembering all the times she had been rude and cold towards Seungmin. She was sure she haven't done anything similar these days but why the guy is giving her a cold shoulder when they are in school?

She heard Felix saying something to give him time and she could only nod with her mind wondering every possibilities. Today she didn't search for Seungmin, knowing he'd probably say nothing or ignore her, who knows?

As both friends stepped out from the main gate, they waited for Felix's driver to come as usual. Eunkyung was staring at her shadow the whole time until she heard some voices a few steps away from her.

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

Sounds familiar, the girl thought of the feminine voice. She shrugged afterwards.

"Nothing. Just nothing."

Eunkyung turned her head to the right, only to see no one. She assumed the two familiar voices were talking behind the walls, hence she couldn't see them.

"Seungmin I promise–"

"This won't be as far as friends or beyond that."

Eunkyung's hand grasped on Felix's wrist. The guy was startled at the sudden contact but when seeing the girl was as quiet as a sneaky mouse, he followed her closer to the source.

They heard the woman scoffed, "I told you, you like the princess too much."

"I thought I said that doesn't matter," the guy sighed. "Quit wasting my time please."

"The only thing that matter is the kiss, right."

Eunkyung halted in her steps with her shoes roughly glided on the pavement, making some noise. Felix mentally knocked her head and pulled her out from hiding.

Both Seungmin and Minju froze in their spot while Eunkyung averted her gaze away, feeling ashamed for eavesdropping. "Sorry." she mumbled.

"I..." Minju was lost of words. Felix just stared at her blankly, as if he had knew the lame reason why Seungmin ignored the princess half day. Meanwhile for Seungmin, his eyes were glued to his best friend's wrist.

"You need some explanation to do." The deep voiced said towards her on behalf of Eunkyung.

"It's..."

"Forget it." Seungmin walked past her and detached Eunkyung's hand from Felix's wrist. He locked theirs together and simply said, "Tell your father I'm bringing her home for this whole week."

Then they left.

Somehow she was flustered at the sudden gesture. Seungmin walked a tad faster than her that she needed to run a little to match with his pace. He looked rather in hurry, but it was more to an angry walk. Eunkyung didn't dare to say anything.

When they were out from the school's area, Seungmin slowed down. Eunkyung looked up like a child wants to ask their parents where they were going, but she could just admire his side profile before turning to the front again.

This was the first time she was afraid of this guy.

The walk was silent. Surprisingly he brought her straight to the castle, not letting her to walk alone there. The trip there while holding hands somehow was faster than the usual. Eunkyung ignored the acting up butterflies in her stomach. She noticed how his grip tightened a bit before letting her go.

Hesitantly, she tugged on his sleeve.

"Is that why?"

They don't need a longer question. Both of them knew what she meant and she hoped she'd get an answer this time. However, Seungmin just smiled and took her hand off his uniform. "Have a good day, Your Highness."

Eunkyung tugged his sleeve again. "Why are you avoiding me? Is that the reason why?"

He saw her curiousity from the day before and couldn't help but to remain silent. "Part of."

"Did you know how I couldn't sleep because I thought I've done something wrong?" she scolded while pulling the fabric, making him stumbled forward a bit. "You could have just told me if that's the reason, not making me wondering if I hurt you again."

"You don't understand,"

"Then explain."

"You won't like it." he pulled his arm to release her grip.

"What's there to make me like it?"

"None."

Letting out a sarcastic laugh, she gave him an unbelievable look. "Now you're pushing every girls that's friends with you?"

"I'm not pushing you, just Minju."

"You know what," Eunkyung took a step closer. "If you avoid me because that girl kissed you, you don't have to. I don't mind at all. But I don't understand why you did that and talk to me after school is someone spying over you and me?"

"Min Eunkyung," he breathed out. The girl stopped talking on the instance, a bit surprised when he called her full name. "It's nothing serious, I promise you. You didn't do anything wrong and I'm not pushing you away. Just bad days, okay?"

Again, for the umpteenth time, she adores how patient the guy could be. This makes an instant regret rose inside her and backed away with her head down as a sign of sorry.

"Go in." he referred to the castle's main gate. Eunkyung spared him a glance before turning around. She didn't bother to greet the guards. As soon as she walked past the main circle that was decorated by a small monument, Seungmin took this as a sign to leave.

But just as he turned, he found face to face with a guy who he had seen before.

The newcomer gave him a bored look with an eyebrow raised, "Heart being crushed by a crush problem?"

Seungmin shrugged, "Guess that's why it's called as a crush."

hello...

i'd like to say (?) sth

if you're familiar w my works, then you would hv knew that i write slowburn stories, which means there's probably "unnecessary" plot/scene in this story. but just letting you know, i don't write those without reasons. i just want to show the progress between the characters and their development throughout the story. i also like to express my feelings and ideas in each of my writings that i tend to write paragraphs without dialogues.

i don't want to apologise if people find this story is too long w "unnecessary" conversations nor i am addressing this to anyone. no one has ever come to me saying anything bad abt my writing but i just want to clarify as to why my writing styles are like this ^_^

oh, and i apologise for any flaws in my grammar. english is not my mother tongue :>

ty for listening to my ted talk. i wish you have a good day ahead!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.1K 67
[COMPLETED: UNEDITED VERSION!] Han Jisung, a sophomore in college. His living arrangement is a predicament he didn't anticipate, living with 7 other...
151K 5.9K 46
Taehyung is completely devastated upon hearing that Jungkook is getting married in a month. He has always loved the boy but he could never admit his...
188K 9.1K 58
a gang / mafia au The world has been fading for the last years. The rules disappeared and chaos insurged. From the destroyed city, Stray kids are wor...
463K 15.9K 80
Olivia is content with her life. She has a job that pays her bills, even though she absolutely hates it. She gives free dance classes twice a week...