Red Blood Century

By RomanceFanatic028

Anastasia's visit to her grandmother's house takes an unexpected turn when her curiosity leads her to the lon... More

Hi Guys ❤️
01 Shaman of the west village
02 The Raven Bird
03 Unexpected Meeting (1)
04 Unexpected Meeting (2)
05 Am i a healer?
06 Let's make a plan
07 Entering the forbidden forest
08 Got trapped into the loop
09 Powerful creature of hell
10 Sassy Ghost
11 A handsome stranger
12 Revenge planning
13 One heart, two souls
14 Old acquaintance
15 Controlled by a higher power
16 Anastasia is scared
18 My Imaginary Friend
19 Attending the funeral
20 He is back
21 Where is the hell's portal?
22 Diamond Palace
23 Always going to protect you
24 Name on the tombstone
25 You are adopted
26 He will ruin you too
27 Helping the ghost boy
28 Proposal
29 Deja Vu
30 Old Married Couple
31 She choosed this fate
32 Do you love him?
33 It is not a reunion
34 I need you
35 Returning back home
36 Stalker
37 I'll protect myself
38 Your worst nightmare
39 Graveyard hunting
40 Blood at the night
41 Game of destiny
42 Witches
43 Pure heart
44 Hell dimension
45 Meeting Lilith
46 Scary Visions
47 Changed appearance
48 Cupid's Touch
49 Past Link
50 Red head's wrath
51 Angels never lie
52 Marry her or die!
53 Challenge Accepted!
54 Protecting my family
55 An Evil Blessing
56 Time is Crucial
57 Want me to stay?
58 We are ENGAGED?
59 Death is not the end
60 Betrayal
61 Memory box
•I wont update anymore •
62 Have we met before?
63 What happened yesterday?
64 Kill him with good looks
65 Special Guest
66 What's the loophole?
67 The Orphanage
68 I Am Jealous?
69 Party Invitation
70 Who is Dahlia? (1)
71 Who is Dahlia? (2)
72 Unveiling Radiance
73 Reckonings and Revelations
74 Red thread of fate
75 Echoes of the Past
76 We can't abandon her
77 You are a killer!

17 Murder in the village

187 30 3
By RomanceFanatic028

The next morning Anastasia heard noises of people talking with each other from the living room. Those people arrived very early in the morning because they wanted to talk about something with Isabelle.

Anastasia noticed them from her window and felt that those people were horrified about something. She thought judging by their expressions.

She didn't actually plan on eavesdropping on their conversation. But something fell on her heart that made her want to know more.

She hid behind the door and started listening to their discussion.

"Ronan is dead, and I don't think that his murder is done by some kind of a human being. There's definitely something paranormal things happening around the town that we don't know about."

Isabelle distributed tea to everyone around her and then sat on her chair.

"Agnes, how about you tell me exactly what happened? How did he die all of a sudden?" Isabelle asked one of the guests.

"I don't know much about it but Ronan's dead body was found in his workroom by his butler. He was brutally murdered by getting stabbed many times. Also, some other wound was on his neck that we couldn't identify."

Isabelle thought for a second. As per she knows Ronan's history. She knew that he was not a good person at all. He had many enemies around the country because of him deceiving them. And she knew that one day because of his behavior. He is going to pay a heavy price for it. but she never expected him to die so sooner.

"Agnes you are thinking too much. Why do you think that some kind of supernatural creature would kill him? Unless he did something to them."

"Isabelle are you doubting my abilities?. I have been a spiritual guider of this village for more years than you know. And my gut instinct has always been true."

Isabelle felt a headache while hearing Agnes talk. "Fine! Let's think that whatever you are saying is true. Then where is the proof? You might have it. Right? And which supernatural creature killed him? So many unanswered questions." Isabelle sighed.

"Isabelle are you serious!?" Edgar the male elder of the village decided to step in between the lady's argument because he thought that Isabelle was being unreasonable.

"There have been a lot of weird things happening in the village. And you have been taking care of things very well. We never questioned your proficiency in handling things. But you are doubting us."

Isabelle shook her head in disagreement. "Mr Edgar I never doubted you people's ability. I am just confused that who might it be? We all tried our everything in keeping the village safe. I don't think that any kind of demon could enter Ronan's house without getting burned."

"Exactly Isabelle, that's my point. No normal demons could enter his house. But what about the higher ones? They have enough power to do that. And you know who I am talking about?"

Isabelle understood that Agnes is talking about Ezen. But that doesn't make any sense.

Isn't he trapped inside the forbidden forest? Then what is Agnes talking about?

"And yeah Isabelle. Some paranormal things don't have any proof. You just know it. But can't explain it. So stop being in denial otherwise you will do the same mistake that you did 17 years ago with your granddaughter."

"Listen, Agnes!" Before Isabelle could complete her words she heard some commotion near the door making her distracted.

It was Anastasia. She accidentally slipped onto something and banged her head in the door. Making a loud sound.

Hearing that creak everyone got alert. The guests thought someone was spying on them that's why they got up from their sit to check who it was. But Isabelle kept sitting on her chair while sipping her tea like nothing happened.

She knew that there is only one person who is so much interested in other people's matters.

So she was not suspicious about the sound.

She knows that the person spying on them could be no one except Anastasia.

"Anna, sweetheart how about you stop hiding behind the door? I know you are there." Isabelle said while looking at the door. Waiting for Anastasia to come in.

Anastasia bitted her lip in frustration. Now, what excuses she is going to make? If she want then she could just run into her bedroom and afterward act like she was not there. But Isabelle already saw her. So there is no point in doing all that.

She enter the room and saw the guests looking at her with admiration. All the attention she was getting was making her feel awkward. "Yes, Grandma?"

Agnes stared at Anastasia with fondness in her eyes. She met her first time when Anastasia was just a toddler but now after so many years, seeing her turn into such a beautiful woman. She was very delighted.

"Isabelle you never told about Anastasia coming back into the village again. Is she here alone or is Claudia with her?" Agnes thought that it would be impossible for Claudia to come again in the village because of what happened years ago.

"No, Claudia is not here. The girls came here alone. Even I didn't knew about their arrival. I found them in the forest."

"That's very dangerous to roam around this forest. I hope they haven't met anyone they are not supposed to." Agnes looked at Anastasia and gave her a warm smile.

"I know you might not remember me. But I remember you very well. I am Agnes Morrison. I was the shaman of this village before your grandmother."

Anastasia remembers this lady very well. Yesterday night when she took out the bracelet from her hand. She started to get little memories from her childhood. In that memory, Agnes was the one who gave her the bracelet that stopped her from seeing the supernatural creature.

So if she asked this lady to make her another bracelet. Would she agree?

Agnes looked at Anastasia and felt that she resembled someone she used to know. "Your eyes looks just like..." Before she could say anything else. Isabelle faked a cough to stop Agnes from saying anything about the past.

Anastasia took a glass of water and gave it to Isabelle. "I am fine, I am fine." Isabelle said while reassuring Anastasia.

"But anyway, what were you doing behind the door? Spying on us?"

Anastasia thought that Isabelle forgot about that thing but she still remembered it. She can't say that she was eavesdropping on them. but she can't lie either. So it will be better, to tell the truth.

"Umm, Your phone was ringing, someone wanted to talk with you. I came here to inform you that. But I accidentally slipped and banged my head on the door."

Isabelle knew that Anastasia was lying but she still decided to play along with her acting.

"Ohh, so my phone was ringing. And I couldn't hear its sound even though the phone is with me. But you did? What a great ears you have." Isabelle said while being sarcastic.

She took the phone out of her dress pocket and showed it to her. Making Anastasia go speechless. "Go back to your room."

Anastasia didn't stayed there one second and ran towards her bedroom to hide her embarrassment.

Agnes and others chuckled while looking at their interaction. "Isabelle, don't be too hard on her. She is just a child. They get curious sometimes. It's alright."

"No, she is not a child anymore. She needs to be mature. Sometimes I get scared thinking that her curious nature is going to get her in trouble. But then I realised that she is capable enough to fight her own battles. I can't protect her every time. She needs to learn how to protect herself."

"True, she is an adult now and she has all the rights to make her decision about her future. But unfortunately, she couldn't do it in her past." Agnes sighed. "Isabelle, does Anastasia still remember what happened on her 5th birthday?"

Isabelle shook her head in response. "I pray to God that she will never find it out. But then I don't know why I sometimes feel guilty for not telling her the truth. I mean I wanted to tell her but then Claudia." Isabelle massaged her temples. "You think I did the right thing?"

"Offcourse you did, it was meant to happen. You know if we didn't took out her memories then she would have blamed herself for what happened that time. And about the other thing. It's not the time to tell her the truth. She will learn it by herself. Sooner than you expect."

The other people who were present there were very confused. They don't know what the two ladies were talking about except Edgar. He knew everything but he decided to be silent and adviced others to do the same.

Isabelle looked at all of them and understood that she got very emotional earlier. She made her serious face again. "Thank you all of you for informing me about the matters. Today is Ronan's funeral so we will meet there again and check what really happened."

Everyone got up from their seat and started to take their leave after saying goodbye to Isabelle. But she stopped Agnes.

"You said that Anastasia is going to know the truth sooner. but I don't understand what truth are you talking about? Is she going to know that we erased her memory and then we stopped her from using her power or is this something else? And if she found out then is she going to blame me?"

"If you don't want her to know the truth then make sure she doesn't take her bracelet off that I gave her. And by chance, if she took it off then think that fate wants her to know the truth. So we can't do anything about it."

Agnes was ready to go but she thought about something. "So if you are going to the funeral then what about Anastasia and Emilia?"

"The girls are going to stay here only. This place is much safer than there. And I don't want to risk their life by taking them to a place where there is a possibility of some evil entity to be."

To be honest Isabelle just didn't want to show them to the public. What if Anastasia found out the truth from some of them?

"This place will only save them from the harm of the supernaturals. What about humans? Trust me, there has been a lot of cases of burglary in this village so it will be better to take them with you. If you want then we will not let them inside the mansion but don't keep them here alone."

"Fine, I will bring them with me, see you later." Isabelle waved Agnes goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 407 10
"You have no idea what I am capable of," he warned lowly, "I can kill your family in one blink, I can finish your entire world and make you come begg...
299 31 18
Anastasia jumped. She jumped into the Nether Realm where truths and lies, sanity, and insanity walk side by side. But as she and her three ghosts ar...
334 110 12
In the quiet village of legends, Anastasia was raised on the haunting tales of the soul-hungry phantom, a dark figure that cast its shadow over the a...
34.5K 2.3K 66
(Warning 18+) Luna has now come to understand the many dark paths that were set for her. All three brothers have grown to taint the purity of her sou...